• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Like It Red Hot- Viewtiful Joe for Smash 4 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Although the chances of getting him in a Smash game are pretty much non-existent, let's not be buzzkills and worry about that. Besides, it's always fun to at least entertain ideas, right? Anyway, this is a chance for any Viewtiful Joe supporters like me out there to come out of the woodwork, come here and discuss one of the coolest characters in gaming. Post movesets, stage ideas, music suggestions, boss ideas for Adventure Mode, and anything else related to Viewtiful Joe for Smash... just remember you're on camera!

Here's the scoop on the character Viewtiful Joe and his abilities for those out of the loop:

There are two main games: the original, Viewtiful Joe, which released in 2003 for the GameCube and PS2, and its sequel, Viewtiful Joe 2, which released in 2004 for the same consoles. There are also two spinoff games, one of which is Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, a fighting/beat 'em up game somewhat akin to the Power Stone series and the Super Smash Bros series. It released in 2005 for the GameCube and PSP. The other game is Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, which was similar in gameplay to Viewtiful Joe and Viewtiful Joe 2, except it includes touchscreen controls this time. It also released in 2005 exclusively for the Nintendo DS.

Critically acclaimed for the most part because of their unique gameplay and graphics, these games are 2D side-scrolling beat 'em ups combined with 3D cel-shading graphics and platforming elements. The gameplay revolves around Joe using three VFX powers (Viewtiful Effects, which are like camera effects) for combat and also to solve puzzles.

One of the main VFX powers that Joe uses is "Slow". This slows down time and the gameplay significantly; Joe's attacks are now powerful and he can dodge attacks more easily. There is another one titled "Mach Speed", which is the opposite of Slow since it speeds up time. This allows Joe to move much faster and attack much faster as well, even creating afterimages due to the sheer speed of his attacks. This mode is great for taking on multiple enemies at once, and attacks in this mode can also envelop Joe in a temporary heat shield, which not only makes him immune to flame attacks, but also sets enemies on fire when they are hit. The last VFX power is called "Zoom In", and that causes a camera close-up on Joe, which powers up his attacks, gives him a new set of attacks, and it even paralyzes lesser enemies close to him. His signature move is the "Red Hot Kick".

As for the story, here's how it starts off in the original game. Basically Viewtiful Joe is the title character and main protagonist of the Viewtiful Joe games. At the start, Joe's just your average joe with a love for movies and a girlfriend named Silvia. He especially loves movies starring his icon, Captain Blue; he even used to go to an old movie theater run by his father, Jet Black, so that he could watch Captain Blue movies there. Well, one day, while he was at this same theater on a date with Silvia (while watching a Captain Blue movie, of course), the villain of the movie suddenly reaches out of the movie (it's exactly how it sounds) and kidnaps Silvia, while the hero, while in his mecha named the Six Majin, reaches out and brings Joe in to the movie as well.

Joe is now in Movieland. Soon, Captain Blue himself gives him a V Watch, a watch that gives the superheroes of Movieland their powers. With his newfound powers and catchphrase that allows him to activate his powers ("Henshin A Go Go Baby!"), Joe sets out to save Movieland along with Silvia from the evil corporation of the film named the Jadow.

In Viewtiful Joe 2, which picks up right where the first game left off, Gedow, an alien fleet, invades Movieworld in hopes of stealing the Rainbow Oscars, seven statues that are said to contain the "power of the happy ending", for themselves. Captain Blue himself is turned into one of the Oscars, so Joe along with his girlfriend, Silvia (who, due to obtaining a V-Watch during the events of the original game, is now a superheroine who goes by the name of Sexy Silvia) set out to defeat Gedow, save Captain Blue and save Movieworld

I have more to say about him than just this but I'm lazy right now lol. I'll keep continually updating the OP with more information

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!

[size="-5"]yes[/size]

BTW don't forget to point out that he already has been in fighting games,his moveset is almost already planned.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Giving Joe the ability to slow the game down or speed it up, or even have the camera zoom in on him would be a huge advantage.

It would be interesting to see Viewtiful Joe use a meter system as he fights.
And he could use his VFX powers when the meter fills.

Then again it'd just be easier to have him alone speed up and slow down.
I could picture his air dodge. SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, Sakurai did mention wanting a Capcom character in the next Smash Bros., and Viewtiful Joe is Capcom. Assuming Megaman, Ryu, or even Leon Kennedy isn't chosen, I can believe Viewtiful Joe has somewhat of a shot at being included, what with being on the Gamecube and having a wide variety in moveset ideas.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Well, Sakurai did mention wanting a Capcom character in the next Smash Bros., and Viewtiful Joe is Capcom. Assuming Megaman, Ryu, or even Leon Kennedy isn't chosen, I can believe Viewtiful Joe has somewhat of a shot at being included, what with being on the Gamecube and having a wide variety in moveset ideas.
I am really astounded their isn't a Ryu thread yet.

I read a wikipedia article on Joe for smash bros. and this moveset sounds pretty legit.

Entrance: He walks in and says "Henshin a go-go, baby!" and transforms into Viewtiful Joe.
Up Taunt: Jumps in the air and says "Let's get it on!"

Side Taunt: He strikes a pose and Silvia says from the background "Just go for it!".

Down Taunt: He does a front flip in Slow-Motion.

Win 1: Same as Up Taunt.

Win 2: A display comes up on the screen like the one shown in Viewtiful Joe after you finish a fight.

Win 3: Joe jumps in the air in Slow-motion and kicks twice, then lands in a pose.

MovesetEdit
Up Smash: Kicks into the air twice.
Side Smash: Punches five times very rapidly.

Down Smash: Roundhouse Kick

Up Special: I can't think of a name

Description: Joe spins up in the air, damaging anything that touches him. Like Wario's Corkscrew, only it knocks enemies away more powerfully instead of taking them in.

Side Special: Voomerang.

Description: Joe grabs the crest off his helmet, and throws it like a boomerang. Like Link's Boomerang, only further range.

Down Special: Red Hot Kick.

Description: Joe kicks across the stage, if in the air, goes downwards on an angle. Like Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, only slower and more powerful.

Final Smash: Zoom In

Description: The screen zooms in on Joe and the boundaries are changed slightly. Joe's moves all change to more powerful versions, like the Voomerang changes to the Voomerang X, etc, etc.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Like Seriously, Joe needs to make it to atleast one Smash Bros. Game, it would be awesome AF, not to mention he has history in fighting games

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Man, I forgot all about this thread, anyway, those are some pretty damn badass ideas of yours, Dakota

The air dodge part made me laugh for some reason lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He at least need to do Red Hot Dragon Punch to reference his last game. :(

It is like Falcon Punch in a form of a chargable projectile.Who wouldn't want to see something as awesome as that?

:phone:

Dub24M

Smash Rookie
Viewtiful joe would be a great charater considering his goofy flashy acts in combat slowmo and mach speed power ups can be drop in game as change the flow of gameplay too
(Ps would be funny to see him and captian falcon go at it too)

:phone:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm a big Viewtiful Joe fan. One of my favorite games of all time. I have every game in the series. Even watched the anime. It's probably my favorite third party series.

I wish we could get another game from Capcom developed by Platinum. Regardless, I love Joe and I will be making a moveset soon.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
haven't played any of his games, but apparently they are really good.
One of the best games for the gamecube. If not the best.

It goes 1, 2, DS, and then Red Hot Rumble.

Viewtiful Joe Moveset:

A: Left punch.
A A A: Left punch, right lower jab, right roundhouse kick
Tilt A forward: Back left kick.
Tilt A Up: left uppercut.
crouching attack: left punch
Tilt A down: slide kick.
up from the ground attack. Spinning deflection kick.

smash attacks
Smash up: left fire uppercut
Smash Forward: voomerang. gains flame with last bit of charge.

Smash down: left sweeping kick.

Aerials
A: left punch. Tapping A causes the air joe combo, in which he can hit several attacks using punches and kicks. It also stops him from falling fast when he is in that combo mode.
A forward or back: red hot kick. kick becomes shrouded in pink aura. it becomes red hot dragon kick when slow is used. and turns into a red, fiery drill kick.

A down: Ground shock double kick
A up: Flipping kick.

this video depicts most of the moves in the right position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqVfVr9qpAk

Specials
neutral: slow (uses VFX)
Viewtiful Joe becomes slower and his attacks while holding this button become slower but do much more damage. While in slow, his punches can deflect projectiles.

Forward: Mach Speed (uses VFX)
Viewtiful Joe dashes forwards with a left punch. if it hits, he can do several more attacks similar to Marth's Dancing blade. Should he hit with all attacks, he catches fire, increasing damage to all his attacks.

Up: Spin Jump
Viewtiful joe is covered with pink aura and does spinning attack for damage.
Down: Zoom (uses VFX)
Viewtiful joe strikes a pose that stuns his opponents in front of him him for a few seconds.

Final Smash: Viewtiful Forever
When it activates, Viewtiful Joe's helmet has a face guard that snaps into place. Additionally, he gets a blue visor over his eyes. In this mode, Viewtiful Joe just needs to punch one of his opponents. When he does, the game will zoom in and that person will automatically attack Joe, which Joe will dodge very viewtifully. He will then hit a left kick, a left uppercut, and used strike a Viewtiful pose, which damages all opponents in his immediate area.

Special Ability: VFX
Viewtiful Joe can gain VFX throughout the match by hitting successfully dodging attacks and attacking directly after a dodge. Doing so allows him to have more VFX than is in his meter. He recovers VFX natural when he's not using it. It takes about two seconds. You can see his VFX by using his taunt, in which he strikes a viewtiful pose but for no damage. The taunt also increases his VFX. Unfortunately, If he runs out VFX, he turns into Regular Joe. In this form, he takes 1.5 damage and does .75 damage. He also has no access to his specials aside from his spin jump. Instead he just does nothing with his slow. He does a slight dash punch with his forward. and he does a pose with no damage for his zoom counter. Also, VFX restarts every time you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom