• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Wild Card Appears: Gardevoir Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Might as well make this thread while I still have the chance :)

Gardevoir is a fan favourite an was a Pokeball Pokemon in Brawl. Charizard, another Fan Favorite that was a Pokeball 'mon become playable so there's no restrictions there. Gardevoir can be either male or female but for simplicity's sake I'll assume she female. And for all you doubters check this video in action. (thanks lordvaati)

Potential Move set (WIP)

A combo: A series of week punches/slaps that end in a moderately powerful psychic powered one
> tilt: Pushes both hands forwards
V tilt: Gardevoir spreads her skirt out. Attacks both sides
^ tilt: Pokes upwards with electric effect on hand.

> Smash: Gardevoir creates a electric orb in front of her
V Smash: Gardevoir falls to her knees and creates a small shock wave of psychic energy at her feet
^ Smash:

Nair: Gardevoir twirls around horizontally. Skirt hits multiple times
Fair: Gardevoir swipes both hands forwards with psychic effects.
Bair: Gardevoir back flips in mid-air.
Uair: Gardevoir floats upwards to head-butt and then returns to old position. Aids recovery slightly
Dair: Gardevoir does a slightly angled two footed kick

B: Psychic: Special grab type move. Gardevoir grabs the opponent telekineticly and throws them away in one of 8 directions
B Side: Magical Leaf: Gardevoir fires 3 fast, homing but weak projectiles at the nearest opponent
B Up: Teleport: Not much to it is there.
B Down: Reflect: Smaller version of the Pokeball Gardevoir's move.

Final Smash: Gardevoir uses her Psychic Powers to create a Black Hole in Front of her, engulfing the opponent for massive damage.

Other stats

Weight: Light, floaty regular fall but surprisingly quick fastfall.
Size: tall
Walk speed: somewhat slow
Run/Float speed: About Mewtwo's level
Crawl: No
Walljump/cling: no

Taunts
1: Does a curtsey bow
2. Floats in the air and twirls
3. Holds hands together as if praying

Support Sig (Thanks FallKoopa)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I used to support Gardevoir during the Brawl hype. But now, I'm not as crazy about it as I was in the past.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I updated the OP and I had an idea for a stage. I'll make a mock up of it then post it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see if we can get a little more interest going.

cloud9

Smash Cadet
Gardevoir would be awesome in SSB4, but I think Blaziken or Mudkip would be much more likely 3rd gen reps.

D

Deleted member

First Dunsparce, then Victini, now Gardervoir?
waits for Smergle Thread to pop up...
Kind of unfair to lump Victini and Gardevoir with Dunsparce. Dunsparce can be considered a troll suggestion whereas there are at least people who seriously support Victini and Gardevoir.

Not that any of them have a shot in heck of getting in due to problems they face and competitions that have more reasons to get in (Zoroark, Meloetta, Genesect, Deoxys, and Plusle & Minun).

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Kind of unfair to lump Victini and Gardevoir with Dunsparce. Dunsparce can be considered a troll suggestion whereas there are at least people who seriously support Victini and Gardevoir.

Not that any of them have a shot in heck of getting in due to problems they face and competitions that have more reasons to get in (Zoroark, Meloetta, Genesect, Deoxys, and Plusle & Minun).
Not that they aren't supported it's just that they aren't special enough to be included in Smash Bros. I mean you're putting Gardevoir in the same category as Lucario, Mewtwo, & The 3 Starters, as for Jigglypuff it was included due to it's popularity back when Smash 64 came out which is understandable from your side of th spectrum, but understand there were only 150 pokemon back then, There is over 600 now, & people are coming up with every reason to included their favorite pokemon which can get very obnoxius sometimes, I mean I love Golduck & Scizor but I'm not gonna vote them to be in a Fighting game they have no reason to be in, but Im not here to stomp on anyones dreams, I have my own, & I would hate it if someone said well ummm Knuckle Joe is a stupid idea or something like that, so to each its own

D

Deleted member

Except that I did not put Gardevoir and Victini in the same category as Lucario, Mewtwo, and the Pokemon Trainer, nowhere near that. I didn't even say they had a shot of being in nor were they good choices. All I said was that Gardevoir and Victini were better choices than Dunsparce because Dunsparce is a troll suggestion that needs to die whereas Gardevoir and Victini at least have people that legitimately want them.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I would rather Gallede than Gardevoir. If nothing else, than for the fact that Mewtwo would fulfill the "levitating high-powered psychic" niche nicely, and he's got seniority on her.

As for the "Graceful lady" niche, I think that we could use Meloetta instead.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
How about Gardeivoir, Kirlia and Gallade as one character?
Gardevoir de-evolve into Kirlia and then she can evolve into Gallade and vice-versa. Or she can just stay Kirlia for a while and then turn back Gardevoir.

D

Deleted member

De-evolution is impossible in the games, therefore would be asinine to have.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
She's hot.
Er, I mean, yeah, totally should have he-I mean it. . .

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Well maybe you start out with a Kirlia and after the first life is lost, you play as Gardeivoir or Gallade depending on how you play?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think Gardevoir or Gallade is good on their own without Ralts or Kirlia.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Gardevoir is definitely not special enough to be in the next Smash Bros.

There are much more important Pokemon that would be included way before Gardevoir ever did. Gardevoir isn't even important in the anime. Pikachu, Pokemon Trainers pokemon, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario we're all popular in the anime.

I know that Gardevoir is popular but majorly due to this reason:

I tried to look up Gardevoir on Google Images with strict filtering and still got sexualized pictures of it on the first page lol. Sorry, but I see no reason for Gardevoir to be included. Not to mention it would most likely have a lackluster moveset.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was hoping we'd go a while without having to resort to "Gardevoir is only popular because she's your (or everyone's by the looks of it) waifu"

I can see Gardevoir having a good moveset with a defensive keep away playstyle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on the past Pokemon titles, it's safe to say that Gardevoir has had its better days. Chances are, it'll stay as a Poke Ball Pokemon.

@Vyzor: Considering that Gardevoir has a female-based body, it's not that unusual to find artworks that heavily depict it as a female. However, there are those rare occasions where someone depicts Gardevoir as a male; for instance, there is that one image where a male Gardevoir was flirting with a female Machoke.

Anyway, Gallade was most likely made to be treated as Gardevoir's male counterpart. Despite this though, Gardevoir can still be any gender.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
You fight first as Kirlia. If you are a more defensive player, then when you die you play as Gardevoir for the rest of the match. Gallade is if your that kind of person who goes and attacks as soon as the match starts.

I originally got this idea for Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. But Hitmonchan might come out as a Little Mac clone.

Some Pokemon are always put as one gender. Gardevoir, Bellossom and Mawile usually considered female by the way they look.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow this thread has been untouched for a while. Good thing I keep a load of Max Revives on me.

I wonder if Gardevoir would be part of a Pokemon trainer team made of fan favourites? Of course Chan would hijack any votes by spamming Mudkip and Magikarp.

D

Deleted member

Wow this thread has been untouched for a while. Good thing I keep a load of Max Revives on me.

I wonder if Gardevoir would be part of a Pokemon trainer team made of fan favourites? Of course Chan would hijack any votes by spamming Dunsparce and Stunfisk.

Fixed. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I may support Gardevoir unless someone makes a Gallade support thread.

I know there are male and female Gardevoir; I usually consider it female.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Woah, someone used a max revive on this thread. I updated the moveset to fill in the missing attacks.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Finally, a random Pokemon I can get behind. Gardevior is absolutely awesome.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
One of the few great Pokemon designs that is actually likeable and viable to use out of the past couple generations.

But the only reason you could even give this the tiniest sceric of hope is because she could be an easy to make and balance clone of MewTwo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Finally, a random Pokemon I can get behind. Gardevior is absolutely awesome.
Did you have to use that turn of phrase?

Glad to see the support is still there but I'm realistic and I know that Gardevoir is one I want but know it's unlikely that she (or he) will be in.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Did you have to use that turn of phrase?

Glad to see the support is still there but I'm realistic and I know that Gardevoir is one I want but know it's unlikely that she (or he) will be in.
No hetero bro. And, yeah Gardevior caught my attention during Pre-Brawl. Especially with her Mystery Dungeon importance. It was the perfect storm for her fanbase. If you ever get a chance, ask Star about his trainerette idea.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a support sig for anyone who wants to show their support.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh, and Gardevoir is getting a second type in Gen 6 meaning she's back in the eye of the public

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Gardevoir was retconned as fairy (probably Psychic/Fairy now.)

But I surely don't understand why Marill got the fairy type as well.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess it's the egg groups. Plus it needed something to stand out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
[collapse="POKEMON XY SPOILER"]
Say Hello to Mega Evolution!

Looks cool but I think Game Freak caught on to the whole "Waifu" thing. No idea what any stat changes or abilities are.
[/collapse]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like how i made a comment in the thread, forgot about it, come back into this thread and its stil the first thing that came to my mind looking at the moveset

Also yay megagardevoir

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd still prefer the Black Hole final smash and have Mega form as an alt costume. Tons of Pokemon have mega evolutions but how many can summon black holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom