• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm completely re editing this article cause now I know how to do these better. So General scales is not a well known villain, but that can change. He was a cool character and would've been a great fight which for some reason was cut. So he deserves more screen time and I hope some people can support him.

oh and go to 530 for the best part of the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH2AQj1HCow

Here we go the moveset

SPECIAL MOVES

up B- extra jump with scales reaching his claw out
side B- Grabs the opponent (similar to ganondorf) and punches him with the non clawed hand
down B- grabs your leg causing you to fall
standard B- swings his sword so the b would be like holding down b for marth

SMASH HITS

smash up- throws boths hands in the air at different times like links up smash
side smashes- whips his tail at you followed by a punch
down smash- swings his tail both directions
running smash- swings his head and bites causing more damage

STANDARD

standard A- quick punch with non claw hand 3 combo he uses his tail on the 4 hit
tilt side- punches with claw being able to break bubble shields
tilt up- tail swings upward
tilt down- tail swings down

FINAL SMASH

He calls in his ship which goes to the front of the screen like snake and shoots fire balls for a limited amount of time.

WHY SCALES

1. my favorite villains of any series, something about him i liked
2. Another villain to be in ssb4
3. A character that deserves more screen time
4. He could have a potential unique and original moveset

So there you have it and that was a big update

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Haha, as cool as General Scales is.. I give him about the same chance if not less than Andross being a playable character. Also, Krystal is probably the next best pick to get in for Star Fox.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Leon has a much higher chance than General Scales. I mean, General Scales isn't even a relevant Star Fox character, is he? Anyway, here's a picture you can use for the OP if you want:

Jakor

Smash Ace
It would be kind of cool to have him I guess, but he has extremely little chance of becoming a rep. There are many more important characters in the Star Fox series that aren't playable yet, such as Krystal, Leon, Slippy and a bunch of others.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would be cool to play a hulking lizard with talons dressed as a fuedal samurai but not only did he come from a GOD AWFUL game, he doesn't have a huge fanbase and literally has 0 relevancy within Nintendo's history.

But still would be cool....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
General Scales looks all good and such, but it doesn't really help when you never actually get a chance to battle him in Star Fox Adventures; Andross intervened indirectly before the fight could actually start.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
You all are right he isn't a well known villain in the series but that could change. I just thought he would be something different and maybe be behind leon for the ssb series

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Andross would be much more important but andross is almost like master hand so he would probably be a boss. I doubt this could happen but it would be nice.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Poor, poor General Scales. Hyped up as the villian for the whole game. However, Ninty comes in and says the game won't sell, so it's turned into a Starfox game. Scales' fight is dropped, and the plot is hijacked by a Tiki Tong/Andross fusion. Oh, and Falco exists too, apparently.

Dinosaur Planet could've been a decent game. Maybe Krystal and Scales could've even been decent characters and the former wouldn't be shoehorned in as a love interest. But Starfox's name is needed to make money.

Nintendo needs to stop being terrified of making new IPs, and we need to stop buying every single crappy game that comes out just becomes it's in a franchise we like. It only encourages them.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
What's going on with all this Starfox Adventures hate? Just because it wasn't a regular Starfox games doesn't mean it wasn't really good. I actually really enjoyed it.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
What's going on with all this Starfox Adventures hate? Just because it wasn't a regular Starfox games doesn't mean it wasn't really good. I actually really enjoyed it.
ya I know it was a challenge. but he was a great villain that would of been fun to fight but if he gets more popular he would be a contendor for a future ssb game..... i wish 4

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Poor, poor General Scales. Hyped up as the villian for the whole game. However, Ninty comes in and says the game won't sell, so it's turned into a Starfox game. Scales' fight is dropped, and the plot is hijacked by a Tiki Tong/Andross fusion. Oh, and Falco exists too, apparently.

Dinosaur Planet could've been a decent game. Maybe Krystal and Scales could've even been decent characters and the former wouldn't be shoehorned in as a love interest. But Starfox's name is needed to make money.

Nintendo needs to stop being terrified of making new IPs, and we need to stop buying every single crappy game that comes out just becomes it's in a franchise we like. It only encourages them.
All to true... all main reasons to why i dont count adventures assault or command canonical ~_~

:phone:

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
i updated a lot with a new moveset and 3 new pics. HOPEFULLY HE CAN GET SUPPORT

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Characters created by Rareware that made it into Smash Bros.
Just 1. Diddy Kong. And only due to his Popularity in the West and the fact
that He's been beside DK like Luigi is to Mario.
As far as Nintendo seems concerned. Anything made by Rareware is 3rd party.
And General Scales is in
a pretty long line of Rare's cast. Way Behind Banjo & Kazooie.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
WOW!!! Now thats what im talkin about!!
Finally screen shots, a link, an ok moveset
THIS IS NOW A SUPPORT THREAD!!

...... now its just who its supporting?

:phone:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I can picture it, stage loads, characters jump out, go to attack him, cutscene pops up, he falls over, you win.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^That was quite possibly the greatest post in this thread. You win a free congratulations.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm really confused
In Star Fox Adventures, before Fox gets the last Krazoa Spirit, General Scales will confront him in battle. However, before the first attack is ever delivered, Andross (indirectly) will tell General Scales to let Fox take the last Krazoa Spirit. Scales reluctantly lets Fox take the spirit, and then collapses. From there, General Scales is never seen again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering he made the thread, I'm honestly a bit surprised he didn't get it...

Either way, I definitely wouldn't bank on General Scales.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
In Star Fox Adventures, before Fox gets the last Krazoa Spirit, General Scales will confront him in battle. However, before the first attack is ever delivered, Andross (indirectly) will tell General Scales to let Fox take the last Krazoa Spirit. Scales reluctantly lets Fox take the spirit, and then collapses. From there, General Scales is never seen again.
ohhhhh ok i kiind of that that was it but wasn't for sure and ya I wouldn't bet on it but he's my favorite character and is hoping for him

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I can picture it, stage loads, characters jump out, go to attack him, cutscene pops up, he falls over, you win.
Hahaha XD oh mah gawd dude yer friggin hilarious! Bomber how didn't you get that!?! I never even finished the game but could imply what he was getting at (alright I had to look at Mario_Sonic's post) And bomber it's not cool to keep posting in your threads repeatedly to keep em on the front page. That is unless this guy comes back with his highbrow humor.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
As much as i like General Scales, he's never gonna be playable in a Smash Bros game ever, mainly because;

1: He's only been in 1 game.
2: He has no known abilities (aside from the sword in the alternate artwork which he never used.)

Depressing that his boss fight got removed from SFA. stupid Microsoft.:mad:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And he can go invisible (remember Cloudrunner Fortress where he cloaked himself?).

And enough about Microsoft. We didn't need this thread to be bumped for someone to repeat why Scales won't be in Smash Bros for the upteenth time, cool as he was.

KidBuuEatsYou

Smash Rookie
I wanted General Scales to have a higher role in the beginning, he's like the Ganondorf of Star Fox, I wanted to fight him, though. If Krystal will be in it, General Scales could be in it too, right? sure, he's been in one game, but explain the Ice Climbers? anyways, General Scales would be a cool character too have in SSB4. I support him.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Geno's not that popular either, believe it or not. He's mildly popular among elitists, but outside of those very few, he's unheard of.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Found this and he would look great along with krystal in smash even if his odds are soooo low unless a star fox game is released at E3

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Its so stupid that the game builds hype around the General only to have him fall flaccidly, I heard this was due to time constraints since rare was leaving regardless its dumb..
Foreal though he was a true badass character and had personality, if he shows up in the next star fox game (if there is one) I will be so hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom