• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PIKMIN: Koppai's Finest Explorers! Alph is an alt for Olimar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

Smash Lord

Pikmin 3 is the latest sequel to Nintendo's franchise that brings with it new captains and new pikmin.

ALPH

Alph is one of the three playable explorers in Pikmin 3. He is the engineer of the S.S. Drake, the group's spaceship, which his Grandfather designed. He is bright and positive in character and he has a high level of admiration for Captain Charlie.

Edit: Although his own slot is unlikely, it seems that Alph will be one of Olimar's costume alts.

CHARLIE

Charlie is the captain of the team who leads the explorers in their quest for food. Charlie is a hero on his home planet Koppai, Alph even describes him as "one of the Koppai greatest legends".

BRITANNY

Britanny is the group's botanist. I suspect the least likely of the three to get in, if any get in at all. Britanny's trophy has been revealed in a POTD so it is unlikely that she'll make an appearance as a playable character.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't they say that besides the Rock (and Flying) Pikmin, there would be a few more? If that's the case I wouldn't see a second Pikmin rep as too far out of the question, especially if the newer Pikmin will have brand new properties (which they likely will, the Pink Pikmin can allow the protagonist to glide or have more jumps for example).

Not sure if I will support but I certainly won't be surprised if we did get a new Pikmin character in Smash Bros.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yep, according to this;

Pikipedia said:
According to a woman at the E3 showfloor, there will be additional Pikmin that will be discussed at a later date.
Currently there are a minimum of 7 different Pikmin which might be a little tricky to keep up with in Smash on just Olimar.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd say Louie would have a better shot then the other choices. Primarily to fit into the Mario/Luigi motifs, and his character is kind of interesting. I may change my mind when Pikmin 3 comes out later, but my opinion still stands until then.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
while the inclusion of more Pikmin characters is interesting... I don't see it happening. but who knows?

it's Smash Bros., anything CAN HAPPEN. I could see the devs including the new Pikmin species in Olimar's moveset, even if Olimar doesn't appear in Pikmin 3.

as for the other Captains... I just don't see it happening, even if they DO have the potential of having new movesets. it's not that I would see them as clones... in fact, I think just because a character has a very similar appearence (or even just a color swap), it doesn't mean that he/she will be necessary a clone. Mario and Luigi have significant differences in their moves. so that could apply for Olimar and Louie (and the other captains).

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Just my guess but the blue haired one seems to be the protagonist? Judging by how much more screen time he got for the trailer

I fully support pikmins second rep and very much looking forward to pikmin3

:phone:

Eagle

Smash Lord
That's an interesting moveset but I think with the addition of new Pikmin the moveset should incorporate them. Louie, or some other Pikmin rep.

D

Deleted member

I really don't think that there'd be a new Pikmin character just to incorporate new Pikmin.
If anything, it's more likely to tack new ones to Olimar and call it a day.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think that there'd be a new Pikmin character just to incorporate new Pikmin.
If anything, it's more likely to tack new ones to Olimar and call it a day.
What should be considered is the possibility that olimar might not be in ssb4? people keep thinking that they'll "tack" new pikmin onto olimar when they could very well TACK A NEW CAPTAIN ONTO THE PIKMIN?

Although this completely depends on the importance of oli in pikmin3.

D

Deleted member

What should be considered is the possibility that olimar might not be in ssb4? people keep thinking that they'll "tack" new pikmin onto olimar when they could very well TACK A NEW CAPTAIN ONTO THE PIKMIN?

Although this completely depends on the importance of oli in pikmin3.

Dude, Olimar was the star of two games in the series, and his absence seems to be tied to the story of Pikmin 3.

Miyamoto said:
"You may notice Captain Olimar is not among them. The reason for that is a secret."

Eagle

Smash Lord
I really don't see Olimar being replaced. But something to think about there's going to be at least three new Pikmin which is quite a lot to manage. And there will probably be even more new types.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
If you ask me, I don't think we'll be seeing any other new types introduced besides Rock and Pink. I think the Nintendo rep was talking about Purples, Pinks, and Whites for those that will be discussed at a later date.

But even if more types are introduced, bringing the total colors of Pikmin to, say, 9 or so, I think it would still be best to let Olimar have them. What would be best would be to radically overhaul the Plucking system, and make it so that you can control more accurately what types of Pikmin you pull. This would make managing the several types much easier.

For some reason, certain Captains having exclusive access to only certain types of Pikmin just bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I'd loooooooove a new Pikmin rep considering the franchise is my favorite, but I'd prefer a Luigified Louie.

But I won't complain a whole lot if what has been described here happens. Just a little.

cloud9

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the bump, but why does everyone here assume that if there is a new Pikmin rep it will be a captain? I think playing as a Bulborb would be amazing.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the bump, but why does everyone here assume that if there is a new Pikmin rep it will be a captain? I think playing as a Bulborb would be amazing.
I guess it is because the enemies of Pikmin are mindless & don't have a goal besides surviving.

But I agree, a Bulborb would be pretty fun to play as, but an interesting moveset would be hard to create. They would make great enemies to encounter in adventure mode however.

jigglover

Smash Lord
It would also mean that distant planet can't return, unless the bulborb on it is a cannibal. Youtube would get filled up with videos of the cannibal bulborb...

cloud9

Smash Cadet
It would also mean that distant planet can't return, unless the bulborb on it is a cannibal. Youtube would get filled up with videos of the cannibal bulborb...
I wouldn't mind not having Distant Planet. And if it did come back, the bulborb could be changed to something else.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I vote for the blue-haired guy for the next smash bros, even if he substitutes Olimar!

He looks like the main character of pikmin 3. Just my prediction

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I wouldn't mind not having Distant Planet. And if it did come back, the bulborb could be changed to something else.
Or maybe not have that Bulborb be so freakishly huge. I swear that thing was almost as big as the Emperor Bulblax in Pikmin 1.

cloud9

Smash Cadet
Oh yes :)

I vote for the blue-haired guy for the next smash bros, even if he substitutes Olimar!

He looks like the main character of pikmin 3. Just my prediction
Seeing as he got most of the screen time in the trailer, and was the only playable character in the demo, I'd say that's a fair assumption. But I don't think he should replace Olimar, Olimar's too awesome for that.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Oh yes :)

Seeing as he got most of the screen time in the trailer, and was the only playable character in the demo, I'd say that's a fair assumption. But I don't think he should replace Olimar, Olimar's too awesome for that.
Look:

Under the captains, there are letters! And under the blue-haired guy the letter is "A".
What this means? That he's the main?

And he looks similiar to Olimar, or it's just my eyes? Maybe he is Olimar's grandson?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pikmin 3 looks cool. I wonder what the storyline is that drives them back to the planet, perhaps a colonization attempt?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy crap! That totally IS Olimar's kid!

volbound1700

Smash Master
They announced his kid would be in it way back so I am not surprised about that discovery. I thought in some of the play videos though that people were playing as Olimar. I also can see 4-5 player coop coming for Pikmin 3.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Is that Olimar?
Olimar must be teaching the new captains.

Because I'm sure that none of the new captains look like him, Olimar has an easily identifiable red antenna.

We surely haven't seen Captain D yet.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is that photoshop?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a feeling that it's actually young Olimar and his parents. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom