• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

26 Character Crew battle! [Armada vs Leffen set]

leffen

Smash Champion
I would've posted this in the video forum but since there is probably a thread coming for the tournament anyway and I'd like to discuss the general idea moreso than our individual set.

The rules are as follows : 2 stocks, suicide once if you win with 1 stock in your previous match like a normal crew battle. Each players starts at one part of the cast.
In this case, Armada starts with Ganondorf and goes left all the way to Dr. Mario, then YL to Falco, and so on, while I start at Pichu and go the opposite way.
You aren't able to choose characters freely - what character you play is determined on who is next in your "order". This makes it easy to keep track of and doesn't make every match dittos either.

The rules aren't really set in stone, but this is what we usually do.

I'd LOVE to see Mango vs M2K/PP etc at Impulse, and PP against Armada at SR and Armada against anyone at FC. Especially since these people are all getting paid to go there, it shouldn't be too much to ask of them to play a crew battle.

Please make them do it, and record it ! ;D

Heres mine and armadas set:
www.twitch.tv/kingfunk/b/322360197 starts at 19:00

Its a really fun and even set overall featuring:
-commentary from mr beatsson and King funk
-armadas awful awful ganon
-my amazing roy against armadas peach
-desperate kirby bthrow suicides
-armadas DK doing woooork
and so much more ;D

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Wow that's actually a really good idea for my roommate and I to do on a rainy day. I'm gonna enjoy watching this haha.

Beat!

Smash Master
Best part of the entire thing is leffen's scream of despair a few seconds after he BARELY loses to Armada's Peach with Marth, and realizes that he has to play Roy.

I'm not sure if it's made better or worse by the fact that he ends up doing well with Roy...

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Best part of the entire thing is leffen's scream of despair a few seconds after he BARELY loses to Armada's Peach with Marth, and realizes that he has to play Roy.

I'm not sure if it's made better or worse by the fact that he ends up doing well with Roy...
NAAAYYYYY!! Lmao dat noodle stick.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
That was really entertaining, will probably try it out sometime. Who was on commentary?

Beat!

Smash Master
King Funk and I. There were probably some others too at times but I'm not gonna watch it and find out because I can't stand the sound of my own voice.

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)

no offense intended to the patriotic.

that was pretty awesome. I have definitely heard it called around the world before, but i still have yet to try this with anyone.
too bad i was anxiously waiting to see if there would be any dittos, and the zelda dittos were like a minute long. dreamland woulda been so much more hype!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
This looks AMAZING I'm 500% down to do one!

No one should ever be allowed to see my Yoshi/Mew2/ICs though. They make no sense =(

I'll watch this tomorrow probably but I'm pretty excited to see it. =)

The Star King

Smash Hero
About time Melee player do this. I've been waiting for this ever since Isai popularized 12 character battles in Smash 64

Good watch ^_^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
some ***** on that commentary said i wasn't nedech
i'm comin for you

digging that DK, armada

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
OMFGGGG

THIS IS SO FUNNY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

when they started using the british commentary from fuzzy vs AR I had to stop and post before I died laughing OMG LOOOLLLL

edit 1:

shoutouts to noodle stick

edit 2:

LMAOOO ARMADA'S LUIGI HYPE FIHEGSOGJRT

edit 3:

0:41:37

edit 4: mad I gotta leave. can't wait to watch the rest

Construct

Smash Journeyman
The commentary about Marth being unable to win a national due to a magical force field that was released when Ken stopped playing is the funniest thing i've heard in a long time, beat and funk should commentate more often

Battlecow

Play to Win
Good idea, and it looks like fun. I don't see it taking off into a legit thing like smash 64 12 char battles though, because:

-Same MU's every time, no variance

-the 2 stock thing means that one good character can tear through like 9 bad ones, as opposed to in 4 stocks where you can wear them down stock-by-stock even with pretty bad chars

IMO a 5/6/7/whatever character battle with counterpicking and characters chosen would be funner to watch. Don't tell me PP's mario vs Armada's 3-stock fox in the final game doesn't sound hyper than them playing a bunch of jank MU's and then the good ones for like 30 inconclusive seconds.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
the best part is the european commentary using american lingo sarcastically. im dying
This LOL

And my favorite thing was like

"Marth is the best right now..."
"Peach is the best right now..."
"Roy is the best right now..."

hahaha

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
hahaha Beat when you were talking about the paradox that would've been caused if the GF was a Marth ditto I actually lol'd

"this magical force realized that and made me lose..."

Beat!

Smash Master
Taking johns to a whole new level.

I'm glad y'all liked it. Way more positive feedback than I had expected haha.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You saw it here first. Roy is a secret hard counter to Peach. GGs, Armada, looks like you lost Genesis 3.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Man, I still can't believe what Leffen's Roy did to Armada's Peach. LOL.

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
ARG! I have some weird problem that prevents me from watching any flashplayer videos that arent on youtube lol, any chance this might be uploaded to youtube?

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, and it looks like fun. I don't see it taking off into a legit thing like smash 64 12 char battles though, because:

-Same MU's every time, no variance

-the 2 stock thing means that one good character can tear through like 9 bad ones, as opposed to in 4 stocks where you can wear them down stock-by-stock even with pretty bad chars

IMO a 5/6/7/whatever character battle with counterpicking and characters chosen would be funner to watch. Don't tell me PP's mario vs Armada's 3-stock fox in the final game doesn't sound hyper than them playing a bunch of jank MU's and then the good ones for like 30 inconclusive seconds.
So why not do these battles with character selection? Seems like the way to go anyway.

Bones0

Smash Legend
2 stock makes it not unbearably long, and it also makes it easier to take out the top tiers with low tiers, not harder. You're more likely to beat Armada's Peach with Roy in a 2-stock match than in a 4-stock match....

Xyzz

Smash Champion
ARG! I have some weird problem that prevents me from watching any flashplayer videos that arent on youtube lol, any chance this might be uploaded to youtube?
Check whether Flash is installed properly. Youtube doesn't require flash anymore, there is a html5 version which it will automatically go to, if there seems to be some problem with flash... so that might be your problem with actual flash videos :)

The Star King

Smash Hero
2 stock makes it not unbearably long, and it also makes it easier to take out the top tiers with low tiers, not harder. You're more likely to beat Armada's Peach with Roy in a 2-stock match than in a 4-stock match....
I don't agree. You're thinking of it in terms of normal 1v1s, where this is true because it doesn't matter how many stocks you take, a loss is a loss, so the higher variance benefits the low tiers. But in "crew battles" like this... suppose that many of your low tiers need 3 stocks to take one stock of a top tier. If you're playing with two stocks the top tier would take them all out with no loss, because damage given doesn't transfer, only stocks taken.

In Smash 64 12 character battles, if top tiers aren't taken out by other top tiers, they're frequently taken out by chipping away at their stocks with low tiers.

4 stocks would probably be too long but 3 stocks would be nice. Smash 64 12 character battles = 60 stocks, in Melee it would be 78 with 3 stocks. Not too bad.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Yo you guys said that someones wobbling themesong is I'm on a Boat. Didn't catch who.

We might have a problem.

unknown522

Some guy
We did something similar with mango last week as a drinking game. Except it was 4 players, items, 2 stocks. Almost every stage was on (no icicle mountain, and big blue). Each person chose one end of characters then whoever won the game switched characters

:phone:

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Are you using Firefox? The latest Flash version (11.3) has compatibility issues with it.

Don't know if they fixed it though.

If not, you should just uninstall your current Flash and get an older version, like 10 or 11.2

Top Bottom