• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess Amaterasu Needs Your Faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Was considering making more than just one character thread, and noticed that in the initial waves of threads that people covered all of the spots that I would have taken, like Palutena and Paper Mario. So I decided that I'll pick up a character that likely won't get one, almost has no demand, but despite this, would make a GREAT addition to Smash Brothers. That one character in my mind had always been Amaterasu from Okami, one of the most beautiful games, starring one of the most beauteous and powerful of characters! I have played the original game once and loved it, and a little late on jumping on the sequel, currently playing through it (I have most of the Celestial Brush techniques), and I felt that, while a solid experience, was nothing compared to the first, and thus, it should be Amaterasu and not Chibiterasu to appear as a character. Chibi could be an Assist or just a trophy.
Or a smaller clone character. :awesome:

So am I qualified to make the thread dedicated to this character? Who knows, I'm sure there are people better for it, but I'll try, and at the very most I can analyze the character's low chances, and put forth the set that I made for MYM in its previous edition (this was my second and last submission, Ghirahim being the first, which is shown in the Ghirahim Support thread, check it out if you haven't yet, you may like it). This one was received better in terms of my maturity as a set maker, although the style it was written, and the conflicting colors, was known for causing mild cases of severe seizures. Uncollapse it at your own risk!

[COLLAPSE="Okami Amaterasu, MYM XI Submission!"]
Okami Amaterasu, the Great Sun God and Mother of All Things

(Picture by Issun, the largest and fiercest artist of all time)

Introductions and Snoring

Hey everyone! Amaterasu here, the mighty furball!

-Fierce growl-

Whoa, whoa, hold on there Ammy! I swear she can’t take a joke grumble grumble My name is really Issun, the great wandering artist! I am here to go on about Ammy’s appearance in Smash Brothers, though I hate to have ta do it, no idea why I wasn’t chosen to make a role!

Heh heh, as ya can see, she ain’t the talkin’ type, so here I am just doin’ all the work, just like in our adventure, betchya wouldn’t have it any other way, wouldja? No one else can do it, no one knows this furry thing as well as I do! I have been nestling in this ivory mess of fur throughout my game, Issun’s Epic Journey.

-Amaterasu ***** her head to the side-

And that’s right! I’ll be galloping atop her this time ‘round too (and depending on which Karmic Transformation you pick via her costumes, I'll be riding a different furball)! But for the sake of the game’s balance, the producers of the game opted for me to take the backseat in this move-set. Wise words from Nintendo, gotta say! Anyways, time to talk about her fighting style, and let me tell ya, she is real aggressive. She moves at the speed of 5 at the beginning, grass growing for a second behind each step, but once she gets her blood flowin’ after three seconds, she begins to shine and glimmer, and some flowers will rise for moments longer as she ascends the speed of 7! But she is only warming up I tell ya, upon my command after another three seconds of non-stop running she will raise her speed to 9, tall plant life of all colors begin to rise up and remain there for good! Well, unless someone burns it down, but who would do that? Ammy is the mother of nature, so her character relies on drawing upon the life around her, and she can make it even on the most lifeless patch of land there is! This will be important to touch up on a bit, but for now, onto her jumps. Says here on this paper that there are some strange things to cover.

Ammy can jump really high! Well, high for a furball, and flowers blooming from the first for a breath moment and leaves falling for a second from her second leap’s wake. On a scale from one to ten, she pounces at 8, but between you and me, her jumps don’t cover a whole lot of distance if you know what I mean. But height is her focus, yes, though, I mean, she is a wolf, so she isn’t very tall at the height of some pinkball named Kirby. Her traction of 10 (yes ten, I never saw her lose her footing once, and she has four of them!) is something to be reckoned with… well if traction can bring in some pain to demons! She’ll be fighting demons right? -flips through Nintendo SSB4 manual and sees Jigglypuff- What the…! Is the world in danger again?! Coulda sworn I defeated the darkness before… but this…

-Amaterasu lays down and closes her eyes lazily as she begins to breath slowly, snoring-

Lazy runt… but this is good timing, next here on this list is weight. Good to say this out-loud when she is unconscious. What does that Bowser fella weigh again? 10? Well then she has gotta at least weight twenty—

-snaps awake and begins to shake violently as Issun grabs onto her ear for dear life-

Ack! Whoa there Ammy! Fine! You weigh about 4! Four!!!!

-promptly stops and whines before sitting down panting-

Sheesh, just like a woman. Hopefully these last two criterion won’t get me a visit to the mouth of the Sun god, and the Sun god’s slobber… Brrr… Ah, I see here, fall speed and aerial movement. I’d say she falls about as much as any furball does, about 5, and furballs don’t move so fast off the ground they run, so maybe 4 aerial movement. Enough statistics! Let’s show’em what we’re really about, eh Ammy?

-snoring-

…Will ya get up?! Don’t make me use my Denkomaru on you! –unsheathes a small sword with a brush on the backend-

Nature and Smashing

Bah, I’ll deal with her later, I’m itchin’ for a fight! –sheathes Denkomaru- This baby will make its appearance at one point anyhow, heh, don’t get too excited! Still have this furball to cover. As a god, Ammy here likes to show off what she can do, and her style here will be no different. Anyone who wants to play as me will be using the nature of the stage in order to gain the advantage against the demons! Hate repeatin’ myself, but again, it don’t matter where she is, be it atop F-Zero vehicles or molten volcanoes of death, her godhood makes no place off limits. Well, o’course she won’t be using the nature originally on the stage except for a few things, some wise guy named Sakurai said that’d be unfair and make her less useful during the more desolate stages.

In what ways does she use the nature? Glad I asked. In more ways than one I tell ya! First off, the more nature that is upon the stage, the more animals that arrive in the background, like birds, bears, raccoons, foxes, etc. Things that draw in animals are large patches of flowers from her running, and if she runs enough, a shallow pool of water will be made that attract even more animals at an accelerated rate. There are a few other things, but that’d get off our topic here! Each animal lends to Amaterasu’s praise, and thus her godhood. When it has reached a high level, the sun will appear as it does when she uses her Celestial Brush in our game. The primary point of this is that she achieves a boost. Well duh, a god of nature in nature? She’ll feel right at home in that!

-Amaterasu blinks and torpidly raises her head, awake from the sounds of chirping, then scanning the area. Trees littered the ground from her godhood, pink petals drifting down to a nearby lake and landing among the lilies that floated in the still clear water, surrounded by a flower embedded grassland of vibrant beautiful colors contrasting with the shimmering white of the god’s hair. All of the animals around turn their heads to look her way with praise and love naturally brimming, energy now surging through the lazy goddess as she leaps and soars into the air with an even higher jump, landing into a full-on sprint through the field of life while a green bug bounces off her nose excitedly-

I am not a bug Holder! And look out ya wild furball! Here comes a—

-a boulder from a nearby canyon begins to roll down at a dangerous speed from the side, a direction only the small bug was looking I AM NOT A BUG!!! Amaterasu flitted her eyes to the right for a split moment but it was too late—the boulder crashes into side and explodes into many fragments and dust filters out between the cracks, hiding the conclusion for a few brief moments before a sudden galestorm blows it away, revealing an ivory wolf shaking off some residual debris, barely scratched-

Aw yeah! You guessed it! Amaterasu gets some damage percentage knocked off attacks up to 3% when the crimson sun shines! But that isn’t the whole package, her attacks follow suit and deal more damage depending on how much nature is around us (the specifics will be explained later, hold your horses!) Holy cow, look at that! Furball, another one is coming our way!

-a row of smaller rocks bounce off the canyon towards the wolf, but she stands in confidence, not disheartened. She wags her tail in fact, and a strange and powerful feeling meets the air for a moment before an obsidian inky line slashes straight across the row of boulders, ripping them apart into tiny pebbles that harmlessly bounce off her holy flower covered feet, except for the few that bounce up onto the small bug-

How many times do I have to say that I’m not a—BLECK! Boulders!!

Celestial Brush Techniques and Issun’s Art Class

-pats off clothing with a scowl- Yikes, those were some crazy boulders, what where you’re sending them things!

-looks over and whines before trotting over the pebbles towards the lake and lapping up the water-

Where were we… oh I know now, that technique reminds me of the next part of nature that we need to explain. Never realized till now how complicated this simple furball is! The most important feature may be her Celestial Brush at the end of her tail which she uses to bring life to the stage and activate all sorts of things (though it won’t make a freeze frame like in our game, no such thing as a Sun Goddess tier in SSB4). In fact she may be so layered as opposed to the demons you can play as, that you will only be able to play her with either a Wii Remote or a Wii U utensil. Her Standard Special: Celestial Brush (whatever that is) involves activating the technique, and for three seconds you get a cursor that works over a Bowser-sized radius of you that is an ink blot. At this point you may begin drawing with the Wii Remote or utensil the special symbols that activate each and individual one either by placing the utensil directly onto the Wii U, or holding B to draw and release to lift up the brush and hold it down again to draw a second line with the first and so on. While this is happening, you may move her as you please, but she cannot attack for the three second period. Now onto the shapes that you must draw!

This first one is Bloom, which is, well, a circle. If you can’t draw this, don’t bother pickin’ up a brush, artist work is tough work folks! Though it will be lenient and will accept imperfect prune-like shapes, it just needs to make a successful ring that touches from one end to the other like a snake biting its tail! This move is quite crucial, for it helps you activate nature. Used upon nothing but the space in front of you, it blooms flowers and may turn patches of flowers into a small puddle of water. These can also be used on erected trees from Okami’s Up Special: Cherry Blossom, which creates a tree in front of your character, adding to the godhood level (though you may only own three at a time). These trees can also be destroyed by other Brush Techniques, even if they weren’t by your hand!

Such techniques are Fireburst and Inferno. The former is an infinity sign that creates a fire explosion the width of the symbol drawn, no greater than a Bowser girth that does a high 15% damage as it lingers for two seconds. Any trees caught on fire will die out from this, and any lines drawn from this will sprout fire along the activated line, which is the latter (any tree on fire will remains as such and will actually damage foes for 2% soft damage, the fire lasting ten seconds). Other furballs may try to Bloom over the black dead tree that remains, effectively blossoming it with their own color!

But if a loop is drawn (a line that curves, makes a circle, but then keeps going like a breeze), Galestorm is activated and a wind blows that will get rid of any fire to either save the tree or re-bloom another. It even pushes foes back a little if they are trying to get back on stage! Also, if Bloom is used over an adversary, they will spin with joy and hearts will pop above their head for a moment. Fighting enemies with joy, not pain!

-Amaterasu sees a passing female towns member and wags her tail in a circle causing her to spin with delight and catch notice of the wolf, leaning down and petting her as she closes her eyes softly and smiles-

…Or it can be used to win over the ladies… maybe I need to bring Ammy to Sakuya and—Er nevermind, back on track. Issun Artist 101 class is back in session!

This one seems easy… well, it is, but that makes it quite versatile. The Power Slash is where you can draw a straight line in any direction at any length from three ink cursor blots to one battlefield platform, creating a quick black slash that deals 10% damage with a small stun effect. This also cuts down trees and erases them off the map, so be careful around your creations!

Now for the Cherry Bomb, which is a large orange bomb that is twice your height, almost comically big, that you can roll around by running into it, or push it with a Galestorm so it’ll roll across the stage a little. After five seconds, it will blow up shooting fireworks in a Bowser-wide range (we’re on a roll with these Koopa King references!) that deals 8% damage but has a strong knock-back. Any explosive attacks or strong slicing moves will make it blow up instantly, a few moves of Ammy’s like that are Inferno, Fireburst, and Power Slash. There can only be one ball out at a time (not including the furball), and if one is attempted to me made, the first blows up immediately.

Snowstorm looks like a snowflake, and is considerable hard to draw in an intensive situation (with the crisscrossing and what-not, tough for amateurs like anyone not me) so it is quite accepting for anyone who makes a line not crossing the center of the asterisk. This will freeze targets like this one move on this manual here called PK Freeze, and has the exact affect, except it will also freeze water caused from’er nature effect, making it a frozen patch of slippery land until you die or it is burned and melted. It also sprays out a few icicles that deal a few percentages of damage.

This is the same as Inferno in regards to them being lines drawn from an element. There is also Vine which can be drawn from a tree to our friend Ammy here, which will draw a vine out and onto the stage as a recovery! Ammy will likely want to make sure trees are near the edges! If she is hit while on her trip back, she will lose her grip on the vine, but she zips through faster than any recovery! Another rendition of this is Blizzard which can draw a line from one frozen target to another opponent or puddle of water and it also becomes frozen! One line Celestial Brush technique is Water Sprout which actually requires a STRAIGHT line from a pool of water, causing a pillar of water to spiral up for five seconds the hight of two-Bowser’s that can be rode up to high places! Though warning, all players can do this! It also works as a wall against projectiles, blocking/destroying them! This also can be used if Ammy falls into a pit of water on any stage that has it, although she wears the Water Tablet which allows her to walk on water! The last one is by far the best. Draw a line from Ammy to an opponent: I come flying out from the fur and strike along the line with my Denkomaru! 100% damage, and instant file erase! The game disc cracks! And in real life you have a heart att—

-spins her tale in a Galestorm and the wind blows him off of her like a leaf-

Raaaaah!

*Ten minutes later*

-climbs atop Amaterasu Canyon wheezing from lack of breath- Fine, it deals 1% damage as it goes throw and then back to you through the same line. Everybody is a critic.

Just a simple pair or two parallel lines will get you Veil of Mist which will slow down enemies significantly for several seconds! Wait… what’s that? That is too cheap? Huh? She’d be banned from tournaments?! Not like Metaknight –one who section in the SSB manual has a face of Metaknight with it crossed out- … Well fine, how about that enemies around in a Donkey Kong sized radius (surprised there didn’t I, eh?) will have their speed lowered by 1 point for two seconds? Okay, that is good. Also, if you cross two lines, you get the Mist Warp technique if done like an X. It doesn’t do anything unless done over an Origin Mirror, which can also be summoned in the background with a Down Special: Origin Mirror, which doesn’t increase godhood, but if you have two out, and you stand upon one and use this, it will warp you to the other one you have made!

These are the final two, and one is called Thunderbolt, and is by far the most devastating. This move will actually rob you of your ink once you use it, and you will have to wait 10 seconds for it to come back (which also means you lose your Reflector weapon, which we will talk about after all of this). Each other technique only takes one, which recovers in three seconds, so don’t worry about commonly using up your ink! Anyways, this technique drives down a yellow bolt that sparks heavily in front of you, dealing 15% damage! If used in the water, all enemies standing in will get stunned! That means the furball too! Though, there is one special occasion where Thundershock, the final technique can be used, which draw a line from lightning to targets, but cannot be used after Thunderbolt due to losing your ink, so that’ll come up later, mmkay? And that is all for the Celestial Brush techniques.

Oh, one more thing to mention! If you use Standard Special: Celestial Brush and fail in your attempt to draw a symbol, the ink used will fall to the ground, and if any enemy is in that radius will become blotted with ink and be stunned with lag as they have to shake it off! Heheh, even failing has benefits!

Reflectors, Beads, and Glaves, oh my!

Now as ya can plainly see, just by lookin’ at Ammy here, you can tell she has a lot more to her than nature and Celestrial Brush techniques. In fact, we have even hit the A button! For this segment, I’ll shut my sweet lips so the furball can take over on what happens next. –pulls out a controller for the presentation-

-Amaterasu looks over her shoulder and sees the Reflector weapon floating majestically above her back, a green mirror with ancient symbols bearing shining flames blowing like a breeze from its edges. This is her primary weapon in the games, and her signature one, although she has two other types to choose from, but this will be the main one throughout her attacks. She looks back to the front where a training scarecrow from Onigiri Sensei’s Dojo stands waiting for practice. Issun uses Forward Tilt: 3 Winds, the Sun Goddess controlling the Reflector at will to her front and it slashing as she turns and swipes her left paw, the mirror following her movements and slashing the scarecrow for 3% damage. Issun follows up with two more Forward Tilts to finish the two winds, her swiping from the opposite direction and then back again, dealing 4% damage and then 5%, the scarecrow being tossed high into the air above her as straws rain down on the scene-

Of course, if she had used her ink too much and lost it, the hitbox becomes where she swipes with her paws, losing range and 2% damage on each of the three attacks. Now for Upward Smash: Solar Flare!

-The weapon begins to spin and the flames erupt into a large molten point, melting the straw that falls as she charges the smash for 1% damage, and then when the scarecrow came close to her she let it go, the flames spiking at the tip for 15% and shooting the scarecrow straight into the air, smoldering into bits, not even falling back down again as it dissipates into nothing.-

When she does not her weapon, she simply hops a little and snaps the arc of her back for 10% damage, without the burning of course folks. Next for showcasing is the Neutral Aerial: Divine Retribution baby!

-Ammy looks back upon the canyon from before, and a newly erected scarecrow stands patiently, awaiting its demise upon a high cliff. She runs up to it, flowers blooming in her wake, then jumping onto the wall, performing a wall cling as some Smash characters can do, a patch of life communed at her position, and then she leaps up over her lifeless prey and curls, the reflector rising a bit and then slashing forward and making a full circle around her as she herself spins with it, guiding its wild aim as it strikes all around her. While performing this, she comes to an almost complete stop, effectively stilling her fall. The strike catches it as the Reflector comes down, spiking its head to the floor with 6% damage.-

When she loses her ink, this move becomes a simple twirl without the spike, range, and deals 3% damage by touching her spin. She also doesn’t stop in the air as she does normally. Now the last Reflector move is her Forward Smash: Mirror Shield! Good timing to use it too! No time to draw a Power Slash this time!

-The crash of the scarecrow into the canyon ground shook the structure, causing a single boulder to roll forth towards the divine wolf, as she pulls out her weapon in front of her, laying it flat, and spinning it quickly, the flames roaring with fury as the boulder crashes against the mirror like shield, cracking against its holy strength and doing no harm at all, but the attack dealing 14% damage unto the stone, obliterating it!-

This move may lack in range, but it defends and attacks! Without the Reflector, she realizes that it is no good, and simply clamps her jaws forward in an intense bite, dealing a quick 10% damage with good knock-back! Her best option for when she overuses her ink—Wait, what is going on?!

-The canyon begins to shake, but not like before! It is like the something is shaking the canyon instead! A strange black aura spews from a crack from the mountain and several humanoid demons wearing frightening masks pour out from a broken seal incased within the massive structure and begin laughing, roaring, and playing strange instruments in a strange combination of rage, pain, and glee. Amaterasu took but a second to start storming forth and with a Dash Attack: Hardhead she leaps forward a bit and bashes her hard skull against the side of a startled demon dealing 8%, the activation of the move putting her into her second level of speed (though never more than that) following the collapsing demon with a Down Tilt: Ferocious Bite, the wolf getting down to a crawl and biting the demon’s body with insane speed several times for 3% each, the demon disappearing in wisps of lightless smoke before it could recover from the dash attack as its cackling cries of delight and anguish echo in the wind.-

OK, good job furball, way to use your most powerful weapon, your thick head! There are more left though, they now notice you!

-Amaterasu turns towards the devils that continue to party as if their battle stance and normal stature are the same. The group of monsters speak gibberish before parading towards her holiness mindlessly, one jumping up into the sky. The canine leaps straight up and performs a Forward Aerial: Holy Falcon, pushing forward like the dash attack but now in the air with the distance of a Battlefield platform, orange leaves shooting behind her as she intercepts the demon with 8% damage, the demon dropping the flute it had and going limp in the air as it fell like a doll. But the enemies were quick to make use of the opening their fellow demon made and leapt up as well, the goddess unable to do a jump out of the Holy Falcon.-

Ammy! Use that item! Fast!

-She hears the tiny screams from the traveling artist I AM A BU—Er, I mean thanks and uses her Up Aerial: Vengeance Slip which isn’t an attack, nor does it go up, but it cloaks her in purple kanji for a moment that swirls around her in a circle that protects her from attacks for three-fourths of a second before going away, and can only be used once per aerial session. The demons surround her and strike that one instance with their sharp claws but bounces off and fall to the ground, looking at their claws in confusion. Then Amaterasu lands by one of them and turns her back to the demon! She then activates her Down Smash: Digging Champ which causes her to start digging with her front paws as long as it is charged up, flinging bits of dirt for 1% behind her, and then when released kicks back a large rock for 9% damage half the length of demon Jigglypuff away from her. The rocks pelt the demon but don’t do enough damage, only angering it as it stomped in a childish fit as she then whipped around and did a Close-Range Grab: Fang Grip (that activates only when the grab is used near a target) which causes her to latch on with her long fangs, the demon yelping in fear.-

Oh yeah! Time to reveal the most powerful move a Sun Goddess has! Pummel: Denkomaru! –Issun unsheathes his sword and slashes at the target upon each A button hit during the grab dealing a total of 1% damage each time.- Got’im warmed up for ya! Finish him Ammy!

-Amaterasu then uses her Down Throw: Goddess Spiral, which involves her jumping up in a spin and then crashes down upon the upon the victim, sending them vaulting towards the direction she was facing left with 13% damage! The demon fades a few shades in color before disappearing into the air crying with denial. The demons see this and back off in dread, disheartened by the obvious difference in power, but Amaterasu uses her Long-Range Grab: Tundra Whip, and the weapon that she wears changes abruptly!-

-The beads stretch out like a chain and grabs a hold of the nearest retreating demon at the length of her body away from her, pulling it in and then using Forward Throw: Tundra Bead Shots, which causes the chain of beads to whip around and that lash forward, tossing the opponent high into the air (4%), and Amaterasu fires blue beads from her Divine Instrument (three in total) that deal 1%, and if all three successfully hit the thrown demon, it becomes frozen and spins in the air! The demon becomes incased in a miniature iceberg and crashes into the ground cracking. Before the weapon goes away and is replaced with her standard Reflector, she unleashes her Neutral A: Tundra Strikes, which much like Ivysaur’s standard whip attack, causes the beads to spin around like a whip in the space in front of her dealing rapid 2% damage hits, and if the opponent somehow (albeit unlikely) gets caught in and hit five times becomes frozen like in the forward throw for 3% damage! The whip strikes the block of ice tearing it apart until the demon vanquishes in a plume of smog.-

Two more demons left! Show off your last two throws to get rid of them!

-The last pair of demons look at each other and begin to turn around, running away realizing they are out of their league. Amaterasu lashes out with her Tundra Beads and reaches for one, and right before the demon is wrapped up it grabs its companion and throws it in the way, betraying him and getting away towards the fissure they were erected from. The betrayed demon was reeled in, and the Goddess uses Backward Throw: Whirlwind, the Tundra Beads coiled around the foe and then unraveled him over her shoulder with a sudden massive gale of wind blowing from Amaterasu, using a Celestrial Brush technique in her throw that she can’t use elsewhere that doesn’t do damage to the thrown enemy but pushes them incredibly far and it even may suck in nearby Smashers! The demon cackles in misery as it fall off the edge of the cliff and crashes far below off the canyon stage being KO’d. Ammy and Issun look around for the last one and notice it digging at the glowing abysmal fissure desperately. The wolf jumps down at its side, and as the demon jumps up in shock, the Tundra Beads snake around his limps, his fate sealed by a Up Throw: Impaling Glave! Once again, she changes a weapon briefly in this one!-

-Amaterasu dawns the large broadsword once she bites onto the body of the demon and tosses him straight up and rides the blade like she can in Okami Don’t you mean Issun’s Epic Journey? and impales the foe shocking them for 11% damage, sending them flying into the air, great for a finishing move! The demon screeched as it convulsed for a moment and was fried into the clouds, dyeing it black with its deathly smoke.-

Good job Ammy! Though, what was that all about? Demons just don’t crawl out from any nook and cranny… What is up with that black stuff?

-The darkness emanating from the crack starts wavering and rising like a black flame until it begins to rise like tentacles, eight in fact. The wolf and her companion looked upon it with awe, Amaterasu bending down low with her Down Taunt: Threatening Growl, snarling like many a mortal wolves have by instinct. With an unearthly roar the tentacles formed into long necks as Orochi the eight-headed dragon spewed from the crack, revealing that the seal was containing a demonic monster of epic proportions!-

O, he who seeks power... He who has broken my bonds... Speak the words, "I wish darkness unto the world." Utter that prayer unto me, and unleash my power.

Yeah right! We don’t want no darkness unless we’re trying to take a nap! Furball!

-The Goddess needed not another word. She prepared to use her Glaive once again with her Up Tilt: Thunder Edge, which involves the unused Celestial Brush technique mentioned before called Thundershock. Ammy raises up the sword slowly with her mouth and holds it there for a moment, allowing one to use her Neutral Special: Celestrial Brush, which can draw a line from the sparking blade (that does 1% soft damage to anyone touching it with no stun) and can send a line of electricity to your targets for 15% damage with stun, though her lag is slow pre and post usage of the move as she would afterwards bring the blade down and put it away. Amaterasu draws a line along the awaiting Orochi as a bolt dashes through all of his heads with great might, the dragon’s eight mouths with torment as they all crash into the ground with a thud.-

We… we did it! But wow, that was easier than expected don’t you think? That thing was HUGE, even compared to you! And—

-The sky suddenly becomes dyed with black frightening clouds, the sun vanishing from sight. The color in the flowers dried up into grey dead weeds, the ponds and lakes around filling magically with a misty purple getting a poisonous look, the animals nearby running away as a horrendous gust that blew from all directions, wailing a sound like a woman suffering alone and obsessed with regret.-

…Ammy… why is it so dark? The day grew tired pretty quick huh? Heheh… Wait… is that thing moving?

-The eight heads begin rustling as they rise once more, shaking off the little pain experienced before and shaking angrily, now getting serious. The head in front leaned forward and brought forth from its yelling, flames spilt out at the wolf, Amaterasu jumping backwards out of the destruction’s path. Another dragon roared and a bolt of lightning crashed at her spot, Amaterasu used her Roll: Counter Dodge, which makes him spin backwards, and if a demon were in her path she’d do 3% damage to them with almost no knockback. But as she ended her roll her back leg lost its footing—she was on the edge of the cliff she was on.-

What are we going to do?! None of our attacks will work on that kind of monster! Unless… unless that is what I think it is!!!

-In the distance a strange mystical ball that stuck out like a sore thumb from its radiant rainbow colors juxtaposing against the darkness it roamed through. It started spinning around towards the Smasher, until Issun started grabbing her eyelids and trying to direct her eyes excitedly.-

Hit that thing! That thing up there Ammy! Hit it with all the smashing you can smash!

-Amaterasu ran forward in a last ditch effort to defeat the dragon, running along the various heads as poison, lasers, hurricanes, and all sorts of elemental attacks rained down like an offensive barrage, showing that demons are only capable of one thing: destroying. But because of her godhood being reduced to nothing, her running was slow at first, and she was hit, bashed, and burnt, running through the attacks bearing the pain and damage as best as she could until she couldn’t handle anymore and leaped as high as she could to get the sphere, using her Forward Tilt to hit it… and it merely took it and kept floating, as the Sun Goddess began to fall down as one of the heads swooped down low and opened its massive jaws, waiting to consume a god until she swings her tail and hits the ball once more with a Power Slash technique, the ball exploding and Amaterasu glowing with a light that was similar to the orbs glow.-

Hit B! Hit B! Hit B before we both get eate—

Final Smash

-Several moments passed with Issun’s eyes closed, awaiting his painful demise, but it never came. In fact the roars of a distant dragon seemed strangely distant.- Furball? We’re dyin’ pretty slow here. What is… -opens eyes and looks over to see Amaterasu staring at a human standing at the edge of a distant cliff with his arms crossed dramatically.-

Foul beast! How did you get here?... And why is the mutt here?

S-Susano?!

No… I am the AMAZING Susano.

…Are you telling me that our Final Smash is… is…

-Susano jumps up high into the air, gripping the blade tied to his waste as he lands next to the dragon who laughs to itself.- Su! –he charges forward, past a head of the dragon with a strange slash, the dragon still laughing until the dragon hit suddenly stops and is split in half and explodes, the rest of the dragons stopping, stunned from shock.- Sa! –he slashes along once more over another, that one exploding.- No! –A third time, the dragons now catching on and trying to stop him but he moves too quickly.- Susano Style… EXPLODING IMPLOSION! –This time he rushes through the base of the dragon with one last massive strike as he ends up on the otherside, confidently posing with his blade held high, and as the dragon falls apart in an exploding implosion of darkness, he slides the blade away and vanishes.-

…It really is… Our Final Smash: Exploding Implosion seems to summon Susano as he does three 20% quick slices like Lyn across the stage homing onto targets as his text appears below… and uses his Exploding Implosion technique into one final strike that deals 40% damage. Well… that is just plain embarrassing… But look! The dragon still has his fire head remaining! This thing won’t go down!

-Amaterasu looks down upon the dragon, whose final head lingers on the ground, struggling to rise from the Final Smash. The wolf stands by the head and lifts up its leg, performing Side Taunt: Golden Fury, which sprays a few drops of… well you know OF GOLDEN FURY! That deals 1% damage like Luigi’s taunt! The dragon cries out in pain as the final blow is dealt, and it melts away into sinister darkness that goes back into the seal.-

We did it! How about a good victory howl to sound this Smash Bros. move-set off?

-Amaterasu staggers a bit, and lets loose a mighty divine howl unto the heavens with her Up Taunt: Victory Howl as the life returns to the land and the sun shines brightly through the passing clouds.-[/COLLAPSE]

If you have read the above set, and are still with us mentally, continue to read the next segment on the character's chances. If you are not with us mentally, call for an ambulance.

Okami originally showed up on the PS2 and received a remake on the Wii, then receiving a sequel on the DS. A remake of the original is coming to the PS3, and the possibility of a remake/sequel/prequel coming to the Wii U is present, considering the Wii U seems absolutely perfect to the concept of Okami, who paints symbols on the screen to unleash godly powers. She was made by Capcom, which was mentioned by Sakurai as possibly getting a representative. Though, usually when people think of that, they think of Megaman, which is probable and fitting (plus a well known character in general, and thus probably more appetizing to Sakurai), and those who think differently tend to think of Street Fighter, and not our ivory Ammy. This makes it ******** unlikely, Okami's critical success, Wii and DS appearance, and set potential is literally all that she has going for her, and Megaman beats all of that, except being less unique than Amaterasu, which is perhaps her strongest suit. As mentioned in the set I believe, she could use a 3DS utensil, Wiimote, or the Wii U gamepad as a new type of play for her moves, and those who want a normal style can simply play with the Pro Controller or Classic Controller.

I'll leave it at that. So, do you like Amaterasu?​

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Amaterasu in Smash Bros. 4? It seems highly unlikely at this point but I definitely support it.

I love Amaterasu in both UMvC3 and Okami.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha yeah that is what I typically expect, this is mostly just to see who love the idea. She did great as a fighter, and I think she fits in better with Smash Brothers, especially since they are on TWO systems that blend really good with her Celestial Brush.

Thanks for your input. <3

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i support ammy all the way. she is my favorite female video game character!

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
O my gosh painting with the control stick to make different combos .. would .. be .. awesome!!! I support!!...... although technically I've had him in my roster for like months now so i guess my opinion don count :/

:phone:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh man I remember how elated I was when she was announced for MVC3 she'd make a great addition to Brawl.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Yay my top wishlist character, love her. ^_^ Nice intro. Really wish I could see her in smash.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whoa, those skins! They all look so pretty! *o* And dat black one....

Though personally I feel the two middle ones should swap their colors so Okami has a normal green one for teams, the black can have the light blue, and it'd be like the opposite of normal Ammy~

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Thank u ^o^

I actually based the black one off of Karmic Tranformer 8; Statue Ammy. It always had a green tint to me. However I like the sound of the "negative" Amaterasu.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So you're saying you made those? Sweeeet! But yeah I guess it is better the way you had it then, was just thinking. :3 I never got those Transformers except for a few dogs. :laugh:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Was gonna make a Chibiterasu thread, but since this is here

*bump*

I would actually like both Ammy & Chibi as characters, they would have to share a character icon since i wouldn't want Chibi to take up space, especially as a clone, You should be able to pick who you want to play with kind of like a character costume change.
Wolf Link is apart of my roster so I think it would be neat to see how the three would interact in the story mode like wolf link stumbles upon Amaterasu & Chibi & then Ammy protects her child from Link & they fight & some how after that, Chibi & Wolf Link are paired together because Amaterasu has been turned into a trophy or something or the sort where she can't protect Chibi & it's up to Link & midna to look after the young pup...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Was gonna make a Chibiterasu thread, but since this is here

*bump*

I would actually like both Ammy & Chibi as characters, they would have to share a character icon since i wouldn't want Chibi to take up space, especially as a clone, You should be able to pick who you want to play with kind of like a character costume change.
Wolf Link is apart of my roster so I think it would be neat to see how the three would interact in the story mode like wolf link stumbles upon Amaterasu & Chibi & then Ammy protects her child from Link & they fight & some how after that, Chibi & Wolf Link are paired together because Amaterasu has been turned into a trophy or something or the sort where she can't protect Chibi & it's up to Link & midna to look after the young pup...
I was making a ssb fan fiction a little while back and amy and wolf linke teamed up against a houndoom pack (who were protecting their young) and a houndour ran away from the fight and was found by ethan (heartgold hero) and skull kid making a big arc

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I was making a ssb fan fiction a little while back and amy and wolf linke teamed up against a houndoom pack (who were protecting their young) and a houndour ran away from the fight and was found by ethan (heartgold hero) and skull kid making a big arc
May I ask why were, Ethan...& Skull Kid making an Ark?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I loved the game too bad he probably is not consider for Smash 4, maybe Smash 5 if we can make enough noise. Japanese would love him]her (I actually think Amaterasu was agirl from what I remember).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom