• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ROAD TO APEX* - King Funk's Castle II: Måske [KFC2] - RE-OPENED/SPOTS AVAILABLE

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator

Hi everyone,

As it turns out my first little tournament featuring Armada and Leffen has been quite a success even though it was pretty small. However this time we're taking it to the next level and opening up to more foreigners. We're aiming for about 32-48 entrants (more is possible) and will probably have a lot of swedish top players coming including Armada, Leffen, Hack, etc.. I would like to recommend this event for anyone who hasn't visited Denmark yet and for anyone who would like to enjoy a nice and cozy weekend playing smash with some of the best. ^^

Games

SSBM and Project M

Possibly other games if there's enough interest!

When and where

Time: 4th-7th of October
Place: Bikuben Kollegiet Party Hall
Adress: Amagerfælledvej, 50, 2300 København S

The venue is conveniently located near the city center and extremely easy to find (see details below). It's a pretty large and comfortable room that is directly accessible from the street, with a nice little kitchen attached to it. Players also have access to a very powerful internet connection (100/100 mb/s) which we will use to stream the tournament.

There is a supermarket right next door and a street with a lot of shops/restaurants/fast foods/etc. nearby. For those who are interested in sightseeing and visiting Copenhagen, they'll only be 2 metro stations away from Kongens Nytorv, the heart of the capital. Public transports are generally simple to use and to get around the city with.

It is possible to sleep at the venue, however there won't be any sofas or comfortable structures to sleep on so I'd recommend you to bring a pillow along with your sleeping bags.

If we get over 32 confirmed entrants I'm planning to book a secondary venue located in the same building to have a part of the players sleep at.

How to get there

If you arrive at Copenhagen airport, take the metro directly from the airport towards Vanløse and get off at Amagerbro. It only takes 15 minutes, and once you arrive it's a 5 minute walk to the venue (map here).

If you arrive in Copenhagen by train at Nørreport Station (recommended), simply take the metro towards Vestamager and get off at Islands Brygge (only 3 stops). From there it's only a straightforward 5 minute walk to the venue (map here).

If you arrive at København H (central station), take almost any S-train to Nørreport Station (2 stops) and then take the metro as indicated above.

Schedule

Just to make things clear, it is possible to sleep at the venue.

Thursday
12:00: preparations/setting up for the event ; friendlies ; registration open all day

Friday
02:00 -> lights out
10:00 -> venue reopens
16:00 -> registration closes for Project M (SSBM singles/doubles registration still open)
17:00 -> Project M singles starts
??:?? -> possible side events after Project M (crew battles/etc.)

Saturday
10:00 -> venue reopens
12:00 -> registration closes for SSBM singles/doubles
13:00 -> SSBM doubles bracket starts
17:00 -> SSBM singles pools start
21:00 -> SSBM singles bracket starts

Sunday

??:?? -> awards ceremony
10:00 -> venue reopens ; friendlies all day ; packing up/cleaning up
19:00 -> venue closes

Rules

[COLLAPSE="KFC2 Full Ruleset"]Project M Stage Lists

Starters/Neutrals:

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Dream Land
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
Counterpicks:

• Dracula's Castle
  • Halberd
  • Metal Cavern
  • Skyloft
  • Green Hill Zone
  • WarioWare
  • Rumble Falls
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Melee Stage Lists

Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:

• Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets and Best of 7 sets, there are no stage bans.
  • For Project M, in any kind of set, each player gets 2 stage bans.
General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Double Blind: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected.
  • Neutral Start: If elected.
  • Standard DSR
  • Gentleman’s Clause
  • Forced Character Selection: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Additional Rules for Teams Play

• Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
[/COLLAPSE]

Entry fees

Venue fee: 50 DKK
Project M singles: 25 DKK
Melee singles: 50 DKK
Melee doubles: 50 DKK per team
(Total: 150 DKK [20€] for all events for each player)

1€ = 7.5 DKK

If you need to change money, don't be afraid to do so at the airport or train station, as the fees tend to be quite respectable. There is also a bank in front of Islands Brygge metro station, which is 5 minutes away by foot from the venue.

Interest list

Current limit = temporarily taken off
Fully confirmed players = 45

[collapse="Confirm list"]
King Funk (DEN) *TO*
Chansey NES (DEN)
Eagle (DEN)
Kukzzzz (DEN)
Navn (DEN)
Oskar (DEN)
stelzig (DEN)
Tomber (DEN)
Aniolas (SWE)
Armada (SWE)
Avus (SWE)
Bateleur (SWE)
Beat (SWE)
Kuja (SWE)
Leffen (SWE)
MikeHaggarKJ (SWE)
Slynus (SWE)
Stefan (SWE)
VJ (SWE)
Askelink (NOR)
Ælj (NOR)
chixwitdix (NOR)
CXV (NOR)
Kami (NOR)
MoleCrusher (NOR)
Potato Chips (NOR)
Taka (NOR)
Thomas (NOR)
Wiidl (NOR)
AscWolf (GER)
Captain Jenny (GER)
GCB (GER)
Ice (GER)
Lyrix (GER)
mygreentalent (GER)
sixx (GER)
Stivo (GER)
Baxon (FRA)
Mahie (FRA)
Samplay (FRA)
Seb (FRA)
Daisuki (SPA)
Overtriforce (SPA)
Fays (NED)
Fuzzyness (UK)
[/collapse]

Road to Apex

KFC2 being a "Road to Apex" qualifier, the top 8 in the Melee singles tournament will gain Apex 2013 seeding points. This is a great opportunity for you to show your skills and grab some seeding points for Apex 2013, which will be the world's largest smash tournament.

1st – 1024 points
2nd – 512 points
3rd – 128 points
4th – 64 points
5th – 16 points
7th – 8 points
9th – 2 points
13th – 1 point

Visit the Apex website here: www.apex-series.com

Contact details

MSN: jfvissing@gmail.com
Facebook: Julius Vissing (King Funk)
Phone: +45 51401159

Zoler

Smash Ace
I'll be there if my economy and other stuff allows!! :)

This venue is great!!

.NRG

Smash Rookie
Veeerrryy interested.

Put me on the List as Stivo(Germany) plz :)

Tak skal du have :)

:phone:

stelzig

Smash Lord
This tourney might end up having more swedes than danes by the looks of that måske list.

This time I don't want a bracket where I only play danes (though I suppose this couldn't be predicted with the results last tournament, lol). :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
This tourney might end up having more swedes than danes by the looks of that måske list.

This time I don't want a bracket where I only play danes (though I suppose this couldn't be predicted with the results last tournament, lol). :p
Well it was a tourney with 8 danes and 4 swedes lol. -.-

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I like how you just listed a bunch of Danes who haven't been to a Smash event in ages.

Armada

Smash Lord
The last one was a good one so Im looking forward to coming back.
I need to win singles at least once in Denmark ;)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Forgot to mention it but I rented out the venue from the day before the event starts, which means that if some people want to come the day before (cheaper plane tickets perhaps?) they can sleep at the venue the night of the 4th.

WIDL

We Are Born
Interested, in hopes that I'm not the only one from Norway to go (I do see Ache on the list tho).

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Highly interested. Flight are not specially expensive so i might be able to go, yay playing with top level players again >_<

WIDL

We Are Born
When would you advice people to be there, the earliest, on the first day? I mean, at what time do you think the first event will be?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll try and make it, I'll look into into it more soon, tired right now from SR.

Is there showers or anything at the venue?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I just edited this thread to mention that I rented out the venue from the 4th to the 7th of October, which means it'll be from a thursday to a sunday.

No event happens on thursday, it's just so that people can come earlier if they want. During that day we'll mostly set everything up and have some friendlies. Project M singles starts on friday at around 5:00 PM. This planning allows players to choose whether they want to come the day before the tournament starts or not. And if some players are not interested in participating in Project M and have a tight schedule, they can even come on friday evening as Melee doubles and singles will probably be all done during all of saturday.

There are showers but I'm not sure how accessible they'll be to the players for now.

Also, the current player limit will be set at 48 (I might increase it if the interest goes beyond that number), and I'm going to start highlighting fully confirmed players on the OP.

EDIT: just added a provisional schedule for you guys! =D

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
I'm interested as well. Copenhagen is one hell of a city
Got an exam 5 days after, but let's see what I can do about it
Counting on some other germans to come along too

stelzig

Smash Lord
Don't go to other airports then. Afaik they are all in Jutland and you won't be getting to Copenhagen for less than £20, at least not as a foreigner - The student train tickets are limited to people who have bought a wildcard (which lasts 1 year).

Tero.

Smash Champion
London People always have the cheapest flights and always QQ the most about them :D

:phone:

Top Bottom