• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It Came From Outer Space! No 386, Deoxys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

Hey, if Genesect could have his own thread...

This Virus could morph into many forms(well, 3). And he has alot in his arsenal. He even has his own battle theme!

I'm not good with stats nor playstyles, so I'll let you decide how he'll work.

I'll do Waddle Doo next.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but i just can't see deoxys running out of jumps and getting gimped... its just not possible.

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I love Deoxys, I would rather have it than Plusle & Minum (who are arguably more likely) as the 3rd Gen rep. It should at least be able to change between the 4 forms and use its signature psychic moves.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, that was a Pokemon I wanted to see in Brawl instead of Lucario. But when his update came up confirming him as a Pokeball Pokemon was pretty disappointing. Oh well, I don't really care much for Deoxys anymore then I did during the Brawl days. But seeing him playable would surely be a pleasant surprise.

Nowadays he sure has a good number of competion though...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
his four forms could each have a different playstyle.

Attack form: killer moves, lightweight (=low defenses), a little slow - literally a Glass cannon
Defense form: low offensive moves, heavyweight (heavier than Ganon), medium speed - supposed to take as much damage as possible, good as a Team Battle supporter
Speed form: high movement speed, lightweight and few good attack moves - good for tricking the enemies

and the Normal form would be medium in all aspects, balancing the scales.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do have an old Deoxys concept in storage...

--------------

Normal Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 6/10
Defensive Strength: 6/10
Ground Speed: 6/10
Running Speed: 6/10
Jump Height: 6/10
Mid-air Jump Height: 6/10
Air Speed: 6/10
Falling Speed: 6/10
Recovery: 6/10
Weight: 6/10

standard special - Focus Blast: Deoxys builds up its mental energy to form a sphere. The more power it builds, the more damage this attack can deal. Press the special move button again to release the sphere.

side special - Zen Headbutt: Deoxys delivers a headbutt attack while implementing its psychic powers onto its head. It deals decent damage with moderate knockback.

up special - Teleport: Deoxys teleports from one area to another. It deals no damage.

down special - Transform: Normal Form Deoxys switches to Attack Form Deoxys.
--------------

Attack Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 10/10
Defensive Strength: 2/10
Ground Speed: 6/10
Running Speed: 6/10
Weight: 6/10

standard special - Hyper Beam: Deoxys builds up energy into the crystal on its chest, and then fires a powerful energy beam that can deliver massive damage, and very strong knockback. However, this move has the side effect of cutting Attack Form Deoxys's attack strength in half for a whole minute, or until Deoxys gets KO'd, or changes forms. Additionally, this move can't be used again until that full minute has passed, or when Deoxys gets KO'd, or changes forms.

side special - Superpower: Deoxys uses its sheer force to heavily damage its opponent. Its damage and knockback is strong when first used, but it has the nasty side effect of doubling the amount of damage that Deoxys takes. At the same time, its attack strength gets cut in half, just like with Hyper Beam. Unlike with Hyper Beam, however, the attack strength reduction is permanent until Deoxys gets KO'd, or changes forms. Likewise, Deoxys's defense returns to normal when it gets KO'd, or changes forms. The attack power reduction maxes out at x8, along with the defense reducion, meaning that if Superpower is used three times, Deoxys will become extremely weak. If used more than three times before Deoxys gets KO'd, Superpower's side effects will not be applied.

up special - Teleport: Deoxys teleports from one area to another. It deals no damage.

down special - Transform: Attack Form Deoxys switches to Defense Form Deoxys.
--------------

Defense Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 4/10
Defensive Strength: 10/10
Ground Speed: 4/10
Running Speed: 4/10
Weight: 8/10

standard special - Iron Defense: Deoxys strengthens its defenses so that the damage it receives from direct attacks is cut in half. The defense boost lasts for 15 seconds, and is depicted by seeing a metallic coat covering Deoxys's body. The defense boost can only be applied onto this form.

side special - Mirror Coat: Deoxys protects itself, repelling every kind of projectile attack that it gets hit with. Additionally, any projectile that this move reflects will have its power doubled. It does not protect Deoxys from direct attacks, however.

down special - Transform: Defense Form Deoxys switches to Speed Form Deoxys.
--------------

Speed Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 6/10
Defensive Strength: 6/10
Ground Speed: 8/10
Running Speed: 10/10
Falling Speed: 2/10
Recovery: 8/10
Weight: 2/10

standard special - Swift: Deoxys fires star-shaped rays at its target. The player can make this move last for up to 5 seconds by holding the special button. The damage and knockback is weak, but the damage can rack up.

side special - Extremespeed: Deoxys zips forward at a very high speed, damaging anyone that it touches. The knockback is fairly weak though.

up special - Agility: Deoxys will move from one area to another at a very high speed, but unlike Extremespeed, it can move in any direction. It can do up to two warps of Agility, and unlike Pichu's Agility, it can actually damage those who run right into it.

down special - Transform: Speed Form Deoxys switches to Normal Form Deoxys.
--------------

All Forms

Final Smash - Psycho Boost: Deoxys will fire a full power energy blast, which heavily damages anyone who comes into contact with the attack. It's also capable of delivering 1-hit KOs on smaller battlefields.
--------------

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Don't support the character at all, nor do I think he has a chance. Just thought I'd come in to dump a moveset that I think you guys could make use of.

Deoxys moveset by Chief Mendez

You'll have to excuse the broken images, the moveset maker is long dead and this moveset was made years ago.

My opinion on Deoxys, which happens to coincide with this moveset, is that his transformations should not change his actual moves, at least not greatly. I don't think Deoxys constitutes 4 movesets. Pokemon Trainer is one thing because it's 3 actually different characters - I don't think we'll have a transforming character with more than 2 forms. Seems like too much effort.

Smash Rookie
I also don't think Deoxys would have much of a chance, but I still think he'd be fun. I think it'd be very limiting to only be able to move in a linear progression among the four, i.e. normal -> attack -> defense -> speed ect. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to transform three times to get to your desired form? Perhaps the character would work out if its specials were each assigned a form, e.g. B=normal ^B=attach vB=defense >B=speed. If its transformations were made fairly fast (which doesn't mean fast, only faster than Pokemon Trainer or Zelda/Sheik), the advantage of being able to quickly change between useful forms might be balanced by the lack of special moves. Of course the lack of an ^B would need compensating for, perhaps by a Yoshi-esque second jump, but less ridiculous. Just some quick thoughts.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To tell you the truth, my Deoxys support has gone down after the Brawl hype. It could've been a very unique fighter, but I guess when you're dealing with a 7.92 GB ISO, some ideas had to be turned down.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Why not have a form dedicated to each of the taunt buttons? Like up on the d-pad for normal form, right for attack, left for defense, and down for speed. It would allow all forms to still have specials while letting players to choose which form they want when they want it. And they could still taunt by pressing the direction on the d-pad that Deoxys is currently in (Up for neutral, down for speed, etc.)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I supported him back in the Pre-Brawl days, not so much now, though I admit I like him as a Pokemon more than Mewtwo, and has more potential to be unique, so I guess I can say I prefer him to the most desired Smash character to get into SSB4 who wasn't in SSBB. I just know the probability is waaay more in Mewtwo's favor.

Suppose I'd prefer also for him to transform into all of his forms (perhaps with the taunts like Calvin suggested), but I do understand that demands a lot, and therefore wouldn't mind if his moves briefly involved him transforming.

D

Deleted member

If there were to be a 3rd gen Pokemon, this is my choice and by far my favorite. The only Pokemon I desire more is Mewtwo.

I just wished it didn't almost certainly miss it's boat during Brawl...

I'd give my left nut for a playable Deoxys...well not really...maybe a toe. I prefer him over Mewtwo, which blows because the odds of them adding two psychic ledgendary pokemon is incredibly low. That and Deoxys' time has pretty much passed. He's old news.

Unlike most people though I would prefer it if he changed forms on the fly instead of form changing being incorporated into his moveset. Neutral (tentacles in a helix formation) while standing and using weaker attacks, attack mode while performing more powerful attacks, defensive mode while shielding, and speed mode while running. He could also form his tentacles into arms while using items. This would just look way more awesome and fit with how I imagine him playing: A light rushdown character with specials that need to be charged like Wario Warft. Deoxys players would attack quickly and viciously until they could blast opponents with a charged shot.

D

Deleted member

I'd give my left nut for a playable Deoxys...well not really...maybe a toe. I prefer him over Mewtwo, which blows because the odds of them adding two psychic ledgendary pokemon is incredibly low. That and Deoxys' time has pretty much passed. He's old news.

Unlike most people though I would prefer it if he changed forms on the fly instead of form changing being incorporated into his moveset. Neutral (tentacles in a helix formation) while standing and using weaker attacks, attack mode while performing more powerful attacks, defensive mode while shielding, and speed mode while running. He could also form his tentacles into arms while using items. This would just look way more awesome and fit with how I imagine him playing: A light rushdown character with specials that need to be charged like Wario Warft. Deoxys players would attack quickly and viciously until they could blast opponents with a charged shot.
This is exactly how I envisioned Deoxys. Changing it's forms on the fly depending on what he's doing would be much better and interesting than trying to incorporate 4 characters/forms as one.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I could see him being in, except for the fact that all his different forms would require individual stats and attacks. So while he would be a excellent character, the time it would take to make him would most likely result in loss of quality in the character, because they would have to rush to create essentially four separate characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found some awesome fan art of Deoxys

This is what Deoxys would look like as a Pony:

This is what Deoxys would look like as a chick:

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman

I also see it playing this way. Deoxys would only transform during an animation rather than completely changing its moveset. Each one of its specials could use move base on it's forms. It would, of course, levitate. I wanted Deoxys over Lucario, especially since Mewtwo was gone.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I like the idea of him staying in base form and only changing during the animation of an action he's doing. Example:

While using/charging a smash attack - becomes attack form
Dashing - becomes speed form
Shielding/Airdodging - defense form

then of course you could make his forms part of his special moveset too. Like if he used extremespeed for an up special he would temporarily transform into speed form, and if he used recover for a down special he would become defense form while using that attack.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah, Deoxys. I remember back when people (myself included) thought he was fairly likely for Brawl. Good thing he got deconfirmed fairly early on, otherwise the letdown would've been too much. :laugh:

Honestly though, as cool as he would be (especially with his different forms), I think Deoxys has missed his chance. I'd still like to see him, but I'm definitely not holding my breath. I think even Plusle and Minun would get in before him, which is a quite disappointing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Deoxys is just unlucky that he came out between generations of smash brothers

Melee came before his gen, and brawl was made after his gen

jigglover

Smash Lord
The same thing goes for Plusle and Minun, although they're really the only thinkable gen 3 reps. I'm wondering about Deoxys though, aside from Mewtwo, who many consider to not really be a proper legendary Pokemon due to there being little legend surrounding it and the fact that it is a clone, smash bros. doesn't like adding legendaries, despite high demand, because it would take away from the balance of the game. So if the odds do go mad and Deoxys gets in to SSB4, then he won't be what you're expecting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The same thing goes for Plusle and Minun, although they're really the only thinkable gen 3 reps. I'm wondering about Deoxys though, aside from Mewtwo, who many consider to not really be a proper legendary Pokemon due to there being little legend surrounding it and the fact that it is a clone, smash bros. doesn't like adding legendaries, despite high demand, because it would take away from the balance of the game. So if the odds do go mad and Deoxys gets in to SSB4, then he won't be what you're expecting.
HOW are they the only thinkable 3rd gen rep? They wouldn't even have been considered a 3rd gen rep if it wasn't for the theory they are prai_mai or whatever

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The same thing goes for Plusle and Minun, although they're really the only thinkable gen 3 reps.
IIRC no one was actually seriously expecting Plusle and Minun until their (possible) data was found on disc.

I'm wondering about Deoxys though, aside from Mewtwo, who many consider to not really be a proper legendary Pokemon due to there being little legend surrounding it and the fact that it is a clone, smash bros. doesn't like adding legendaries, despite high demand,
Most people consider all legendary Pokemon as legendary, including both Deoxys and Mewtwo. I suppose there are a few that cause debate (like Phione), but Deoxys and Mewtwo are pretty much unanimously agreed to be legendaries.

Also, I'm pretty sure that having popularity and being able to feasibly work in the game (unlike legendaries such as Lugia) is more important than a supposed "stigma" against adding legendaries, which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. The reason why Deoyxs wasn't added was probably just because Lucario was much more popular and was also requested by Game Freak, not because he wasn't a legendary.

because it would take away from the balance of the game. So if the odds do go mad and Deoxys gets in to SSB4, then he won't be what you're expecting.
If Deoxys is somehow added in SSB4, I doubt people will think he would purposely be made stronger than the other characters, just because he is a legendary. Clearly Mewtwo (who is legendary) wasn't stronger than the other characters. If Smash used canon strengths, it would be a much different tier list. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. A pikachu or jigglypuff (or even Pichu) could never defeat a Mewtwo unless their levels are significantly higher. Yet it can happen in smash

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What is with everybody and Plusle and Minum. they would just be like the Ice Climbers but with electricity.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What is with everybody and Plusle and Minum. they would just be like the Ice Climbers but with electricity.
It's not really everybody.
It's mainly just him...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I know but still, they are tiny little things that only used helping hand when i played pokemon.

Besides, i would consider Blaziken a pretty awesome third gen, he is an actual fighting character with a great potential moveset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
(like Phione),
IIRC, didn't the Pokemon Company say a while back that Phione was indeed not legendary?

Anyway, yeah, if I had to choose any Gen III, it'd be Deoxys or Blaziken. (I'd wish for it to be Breloom or Castform, but the latter wouldn't work and the former gets no demand...)

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
IIRC, didn't the Pokemon Company say a while back that Phione was indeed not legendary?

Anyway, yeah, if I had to choose any Gen III, it'd be Deoxys or Blaziken. (I'd wish for it to be Breloom or Castform, but the latter wouldn't work and the former gets no demand...)
Deoxys would be cool but it would essentially be making four characters for his attack, speed, defense, and normal forms.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just meant concept wise. To be more clear, I don't think he'll be in, but if they put him in, I have no qualms.

That's what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. xD

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I just meant concept wise. To be more clear, I don't think he'll be in, but if they put him in, I have no qualms.

That's what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear. xD
I think that too, but the fact is there are some many pokemon generations, i doubt that they are going to use a washed up legendary... He would be awesome though.

jigglover

Smash Lord

I'd love a Breloom! Blaziken is usually grouped with the gen 3 PT. And yeah, Phione isn't legendary, not only has Pokemon confirmed it, but it can breed! Opossum, I choose to ignore your hidden message earlier. (About me being the only supporter of Plusle and Minun.) I'm going to laugh so hard if I find out Plusle and Minun get in!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd love a Breloom! Blaziken is usually grouped with the gen 3 PT. And yeah, Phione isn't legendary, not only has Pokemon confirmed it, but it can breed! Opossum, I choose to ignore your hidden message earlier. (About me being the only supporter of Plusle and Minun.) I'm going to laugh so hard if I find out Plusle and Minun get in!
I mainly said that in jest. I meant to put a :troll:, but it shows through the spoiler, so the effect wasn't as good. :p

But yeah, Breloom's great. Used it on my Emerald run and loved it.

But yeah, Deoxys would be nice as well.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
And i'm going to laugh when they aren't!

jigglover

Smash Lord
I don't have dollars, I live in England. You took it too far! I said IF they get in because they might not, and you said WHEN they don't which means that they definately won't :-( Anyway, I'm going to laugh so hard if they get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom