• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salty Spitoon V 6/30/12

Player-1

Smash Legend
Brawl Singles (21 Entrants):
1. Reflex :wario: :pt: ($126)
2. Kismet :falco: ($63)
3. Player-1 :190: ($21)
4. Mc Pe :wolf:
5. Cam :025:
5. Billy :falco:
7. DRN :diddy:
7.FlatSoda (Player-3) :luigi2:
9. aml?! :gw:
9. Cheap :peach:
9. Gadiel Vastar :pit:
9. Dyno :wario:
13. Crimson Sun :kirby:
13. Ryker :falco:
13. Ty :falco:
13. Ingulit :diddy:

--Pools Cutoff--
-Zeke
-Player-2
-JTMerrel
-Myles
-Neil

*Note: Reflex lost to Mc Pe in pools so he wasn't given a first seed.

[COLLAPSE="Pools"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Brawl Doubles (6 Entrants):
1. Kismet and Reflex
2. DRN and Player-1
3. Mc Pe and Dyno
4. Ryker and Billy
5. aml?! and Gadiel Vastar
5. JTMerrel and Yawp

Project M Singles (11 Entrants):
1. Reflex :wario:
2. KOKingPin :ganondorf:
3. Carson :lucario: :fox:
4. Pickle :ike:
5. Onish :sheik:
5. Dinkerbob :gw: :falcon:
7. Player-1 :rob:
7. Ryker :mario2:
9. Joey ?
9. JTMerrel :ness2:
9. Cheap :peach: :falco:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We'll have videos up eventually. Add PT to my name; I won matches in Winners Finals with him.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I left my bag (with the sd cards, my wii, and my laptop in it) in auburn. I'll be able to get it next weekend. In the meantime, Luis can go get them from my apartment if he wants to upload things sooner. My bad though. Driving 10 hours and sleeping 4 hours messed with my brain O.o

I'll post shoutouts later. I'm glad I came, and I'm glad so many AL players could make it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Billy with Falco and DRN with Diddy?!

Reflex, good stuff putting a loss in pools under your belt and still taking the tournament.

:phone:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Did buffer end up being allowed at the P:M tournament? And what characters were used? Just curious for documenting purposes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Did buffer end up being allowed at the P:M tournament? And what characters were used? Just curious for documenting purposes.
Buffer was not allowed.

As far as I can remember--

1. TheReflexWonder (Wario)
2. KOKingPin (Ganondorf)
3. Carson (Lucario, Fox)
4. Pickle (Ike)
5. Onish (Sheik)
5. Dinkerbob
7. Player-1 (R.O.B.)
7. Ryker (Mario)
9. Joey
9. JTMerrel (Ness)
9. Cheap (Peach, Falco)

DRN

Smash Lord
Billy with Falco and DRN with Diddy?!

Reflex, good stuff putting a loss in pools under your belt and still taking the tournament.

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out a few days ago so I just wanted to play for fun here. I'm also practicing diddy though for some match ups.

Billy practically co-mains falco these days

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I had a good time, I think the bracket results are a very accurate representation of where everyone is skill wise.

1. Reflex--good job winning, thanks for all your help and friendly matches, you really know what you're doing when you play this game.
2. Kismet--we'll play next time, but thanks for the help too
3. Player-1--I'll train up for your diddy next time, I didn't realize diddy's dsmash was so fast/strong, you used it like a monster.
4. Mc Pe--great job beating Reflex! And fun doubles matches, we'll get you next time.
5. Cam--You 2-0'd me in pools and 2-1'd me in bracket. I never played you before, but you were really good, and you seem to be getting better.
5. Billy--I appreciate all the help you gave me in those friendlies, it showed when I played some matches w/ Dyno, but then I forgot a little, and then you murdered me in bracket w/ Falco. I'll be ready next time, but my games with you were a good lesson about where my mindset should be while I'm playing my matches.
7. DRN--fun friendlies
7.FlatSoda (Player-3)--You seem to be getting better, too bad we didn't get to play
9. aml?!--It's funny, we got the same exact pool results, and lost to the same people in bracket, lol We should have won some of those double matches, but oh well...next time.
9. Cheap--I watched you vs McPP, your Peach looked pretty good.
9. Gadiel Vastar--just train up and learn from your mistakes.
9. Dyno--fun friendlies man, and great team matches
13. Crimson Sun--I don't think we talked or played
13. Ryker--fun team matches
13. Ty--keeping working on your Falco man, you just need more experience in the pit matchup. Just watch Kismet or any of the other top Falco's and you'll get there.
13. Ingulit--fun pool matches, your really good when you get momentum.

--Pools Cutoff--
-Zeke--Thanks for hosting us Zeke!
-Player-2--I don't think we played, but keep at that Pit!
-JTMerrel--I don't think we played
-Myles--I don't think we played
-Neil--Keep at it man, don't give up, it was just first competitive tournament, and you'll get better if you stick w/ it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
1. Reflex :wario: :pt: ($126) i didn't have my chance this tournament but next time i will defeat you
2. Kismet :falco: ($63) you aren't invincible to luigi tricks! next time i won't listen to hunter and i'll win
3. Player-1 :diddy: ($21) ur advice is horrible
4. Mc Pe :wolf: top 5 wolf mang
5. Cam :pikachu: good set you're really good at the marth mu despite how much you hate it lol; i'll get you next time though when i learn to stop letting you run into me and spotdodge dsmash! or when my luigi reaches the next level
5. Billy :falco: we didn't play noob
7. DRN :diddy: ur diddy sux use more fair
7.FlatSoda (Player-3) :luigi2: u didn't make top 5
9. aml?! :gw: thanks for the friendlies, why is everyone in the state that plays chars marth should have an advantage on so good at the matchup though IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
9. Gadiel Vastar :pit: we should have played some friendlies so i could try out luigi vs pit since i want to play luigi in as many matchups as i can
9. Dyno :wario: fun sets but luigi is the superior mario character wario just can't compete
13. Ryker :falco:

13. Ingulit :diddy: your diddy is really good considering how little fair you use, i didn't think it was possible to play diddy kong without using at least 70% of your inputs as fair and you know matchup the pretty well; just use more fair side b and dash attack and you'll never lose because they're super broke (especially vs luigi loololol all you need is fair)

shoutouts to lounis for not playing luigi because he's a noob

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Talked to Reflex, and he's offered to go pick up the sd cards from my roommate so he can start uploading replays today if he wants to.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I just got my wisdom teeth taken out a few days ago so I just wanted to play for fun here. I'm also practicing diddy though for some match ups.

Billy practically co-mains falco these days
Sorry to hear that man. Get well soon!

Totally talking about using Diddy, BTW.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
1. Reflex :wario: :pt: ($126) First MK legal tournament in awhile. It was hard for me to adjust to having him around again. How about for you?

2. Kismet :falco: ($63) Close(r) first match, but alas, I am impatient. It felt weird not having you and Luis in my car on the way to the tournament.

3. Player-1 :diddy: ($21) I'm so used to Dave's rule that when I lost on Smashville, for some reason I thought back and said, "Nah, he couldn't have won on Smashville twice in one set." Hence me saying, "Alright, time for round 3" after you had already 2-1ed me.

4. Mc Pe :wolf: Good friendlies. You tech chase like you are Calvin or something. Wolf can't do that.

5. Cam :pikachu2: Everyone who runs tournaments and posts results threads needs to realize that you have to put pikachu2 in colons instead of just pikachu.

5. Billy :falco: Sensei! Take me back.

7. DRN :diddy: Thanks for warming me up for Calvin, who obviously ( :obv: ) has nothing on your :falco:

7.FlatSoda (Player-3) :marth: You are the third :fox: player in a row to just start out with :marth: against me. I'm not O.K. with this trend. Good games.

I realized halfway through the set that you weren't going to throw out random shield breakers like Spade does, so I started shielding more. Yeah, you threw out a shield breaker at one point, but it was at an obvious time. My shield was low from pressure. :marth: had this look in his eyes like he was plotting. You jumped back in slow motion with your hair flowing in the wind and plunged your sword into what was supposed to be my now bloodied heart, but instead I rolled back in real time because Spade tries that **** too often. You guys think you're so cool, don't you? ****ing Marth players.

9. aml?! :gw: Super tense matches. I thought you had me after I lost that Lylat match.

9. Gadiel Vastar :pit: One of many close sets I had at this tournament. I'm glad you use Pit, and I hope you stick with him. We need more character variety at our tournaments, and your aim is good. I remember you killed me off the side with an arrow, and my first reaction was "That's a thing?"

9. Dyno :wario: Didn't get to play you at this. It seems like we never do play each other.

9. Cheap :peach: If you ever want a ride to another tournament, let me know. Maybe next time you will actually sing along in the car. Considering how off-tune I was, there's not much to be ashamed of.

13. Ryker :falco: I don't care if I drive like your grandmother. Thank you for the cheering during the AML set.

13. Ingulit :diddy: You shouldn't be disappointed by your performance at this tournament. You beat me finally, and I have no johns about it. It wasn't luck, I didn't SD, you just outplayed me. You were more patient, more observant, more calm, more dangerous, and overall better than me this time around.

Justin: Sorry you didn't make it out of pools, but good seeing you again. Keep working on that :ness2: and don't be scared when you play me. Confidence makes you more willing to try new things, and trying new things makes you unpredictable and helps you win. If you are only courageous enough to try three different moves, then I in turn only have to worry about avoiding three moves.

Player-3

Smash Hero
for now

my luigi will soon surpass biglous and i will win money with my own whichever hand luigi fsmashes with

Player-3

Smash Hero
that's pretty counter productive because aku will just send samurai jack back in time to defeat you before you made him illegal (since aku is above doing the dirty work himself)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Crimson Sun is my hero.

I expect big things.

EDIT: Go :weegee:

Double EDIT: Flaco is ghey. Scraw ya pl0x

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I remember seeing cam do ok at tournaments but I could always tell he had potential, I'm glad to see he's moving up the ranks. player 3...I use to respect u as a fello marth main but if you're only using him till u get good with luigi then I hate u now, mc pe is so good I wanna play him badly, Aries =[ you'll do better next time, ness is sexy. aml, I hate how u say u hate playing marth but your good at the match up, I got you next time we meet =] (maybe) you guys like how I leave shout outs to tourneys I didn't even attend?

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Hope this tournament was super fun, guys. Too bad I couldn't make it.

Cam: No, we don't think we are ****ing cool. We know it.

Ingulit: Good **** in pools beating Cam. You are getting there!

Ty: I need you to legitimately explain why you aren't destroying some people in tournament. You have too much potential to place low consistently.

DRN: Missed ya, bro.
Ryker: Where you at!?! (Or in this case, where me at?)
Dyno: Are you gonna go OoS to SSS2/3? We HAVE to team eventually...

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Great tournament, guys! I clearly need to work on what to do when I have a lead on great players, and I need to play smarter in general. I have no idea how to work on that, but I'll just keep getting this experience and try to learn from my mistakes. Thanks for all friendlies, seriouslies, Luis' car, Billy's house (and family), and all tips. I'ma try to make above 9th at a tournament with this level of competition or higher next time.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Great tournament, guys! I clearly need to work on what to do when I have a lead on great players, and I need to play smarter in general. I have no idea how to work on that, but I'll just keep getting this experience and try to learn from my mistakes.
Ask about it; I have some ideas.

Top Bottom