• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Champion of Sinnoh, Cynthia for SSB4!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pokémon Trainer CYNTHIA
Sinnoh Champion
Cynthia made her debut in Pokémon Diamond / Pearl as the Pokémon League Champion of the Sinnoh region. She helps the player several times in his/her adventure.

Since her debut, she also appeared in the Platinum Version, also set in Sinnoh, in the Gold / Silver remakes, HeartGold / SoulSilver, during a special event related to Arceus, as well as first 5th generation games, Black / White, set in the Unova region, as a powerful trainer that can be battled.

In the Black 2 / White 2 Versions, she not only retains her role from Black / White, she is also shown to organize an event where the players can battle all Gym Leaders from previous titles of the series, all the way from the original Red / Blue.

As a character in Smash Bros., she could play just like the Pokémon Trainer. Having a team of 3 Pokémon to battle for her.

While her team changes slightly from title to title here are the Pokémon that she is constantly seen with her.

[COLLAPSE="Cynthia's Pokémon"]
Spiritomb, a Ghost / Dark typed Pokémon with the ability to float.

Milotic, a Water type, fish-like Pokémon.

Lucario, a Fighting / Steel type, you know him well, he's finally bac-- whoops, wrong character! Has appeared in Brawl as a playable character.

Garchomp, a powerful Dragon / Ground type, known in the Pokémon fandom for its game breaking capacities. He's powerful and is Cynthia's main Pokémon in all her appearences, whether it's in the games, anime or manga.
[/COLLAPSE]

She is also seen with these Pokémon:
[COLLAPSE="Cynthia's Pokémon"]
Braviary, a Normal / Flying type, eagle-like Pokémon.

Eelektross, a pure Electric type Pokémon. As the name implies it's based on a electric eel. Can float in midair and also stay underwater.

Gastrodon, a Water / Ground type Sea Slug Pokémon.

Roserade, a Grass / Poison type Pokémon, like Ivysaur.

Togekiss, a Normal / Flying Pokémon and Melee and Brawl appearing Togepi's final form.

Glaceon, a pure Ice type Pokémon and one of the 7 evolutions of Eevee.
[/COLLAPSE]

Since she's a Pokémon Trainer style character, she should use only three Pokémon. When posting movesets, keep in mind this.

Cynthia's Pros and Cons:
Pros:
- She's a recurring character in the franchise, starting in Diamond / Pearl.
- She's a popular character in the Pokémon fandom.
- Another female character for the Smash Bros. roster.

Cons:
- Outside the Pokémon fandom, she isn't very known.
- Could be overshadowed by a Generation V Pokémon representant.
- The start of Generation VI hurts her chances even more.

Movesets:
With Garchomp, Roserade and Togekiss - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...48055758.55359.216561498385643&type=3&theater

Music associated with Cynthia:
Cynthia's Theme
Cynthia Battle Theme (Diamond / Pearl)
Cynthia Battle Theme (Black / White)

Show your support in your signature!

If you have any ideas, suggestions or movesets, please post them.

I may do or post whatever movesets made in this thread. If someone could make some color swaps, I would appreciate it as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If they had any ideas of a non generic trainer, I'd love to choose her as the best choice since N is only boss material. The Pokemon she should have in battle are Roserade, Garchomp, and Eelektross.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If they had any ideas of a non generic trainer, I'd love to choose her as the best choice since N is only boss material. The Pokemon she should have in battle are Roserade, Garchomp, and Eelektross.
besides N, she's a viable choice. I think Garchomp must be in her moveset, since it's her signature Pokémon. Roserade would be interesting with poison based moves. Eelektross isn't a bad choice: it can swim, levitate and walk on ground. could have multiple jumps and be a floaty character.

they could merge Lucario, but I don't think people would be happy, neither would I. Glaceon would be a nice choice as well, thanks to its ice abilities.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
besides N, she's a viable choice. I think Garchomp must be in her moveset, since it's her signature Pokémon. Roserade would be interesting with poison based moves. Eelektross isn't a bad choice: it can swim, levitate and walk on ground. could have multiple jumps and be a floaty character.

they could merge Lucario, but I don't think people would be happy, neither would I. Glaceon would be a nice choice as well, thanks to its ice abilities.
Glaceon would be nice since the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch are the only characters to use freezing attacks. We need more ice users in Smash. :(

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Glaceon would be nice since the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch are the only characters to use freezing attacks. We need more ice users in Smash. :(
I agree, we could have more Ice users in Smash.

@DakotaBonez: I LOL'd with that post.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
BRAVIARY! The American Avian enters the fray! That alone is enough to support this chick.

I heard that it was called Wargle in only in Japan because Game Freak didn't want to make any war references in the English version, specifically WWII.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I found a Cynthia moveset, but it only has Special Moves for Roserade, Garchomp, and Togekiss. In other words, this was made before she appeared in the Black and White games.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...48055758.55359.216561498385643&type=3&theater
nice. I will add the link to the OP.

10 characters seems like a coding disaster.
doesn't mean it has to be with all characters. it is stated in the OP that she would be like Pokémon Trainer, in other words, three Pokémon.

I will clarify anyway.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
Like maybe I'm not seeing something here.
You're being far too literal on these forums today.

She has 10 pokemon, total. But much like how if you play a pokemon you could have well over 100, that doesn't mean you can use 100 pokemon at the same time.

The OP is showing the 10 most likely pokemon Cynthia would use, when in fact: the combo of the best 3 is what the OP is suggesting.

3 Transformations. Just like PT. Not something hard to program that we haven't done before.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
So those other ones are just there to be confusing- got it.
Oy.

We have 10 cool pokemon. 10 UNIQUE pokemon.

They are there to theorycraft which 3 of the 10 would have the neatest moveset, the most backing, bring most to the table in terms of creativeness and new mechanics, and would hold more starpower.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just to clarify everyone here.

Yes, there are 10 Pokémon in the OP, because those are all the Pokémon Cynthia has ever used. But the idea is creating movesets involving THREE of the 10, just like the Pokémon Trainer in Brawl.

I posted all these Pokémon because it wouldn't make sense to have Cynthia suddenly have a Pokémon she never used in the games. That said, we can create Pokémon Trainer styled movesets using three of those Pokémon there.

I can't say this in any clearer way.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Oh, sorry, I just don't see her being very likely, necessary, representative, or purposeful for the game, myself. I assumed this was just a thread for discussing her potential, more so than her execution.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, sorry, I just don't see her being very likely, necessary, representative, or purposeful for the game, myself. I assumed this was just a thread for discussing her potential, more so than her execution.
this IS for discussing potential, as well as how could she be implemented, like ALL other threads regarding characters... and even if she isn't likely, it doesn't mean she hasn't got potential. we're speculating after all...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd support if only because Cynthia is one of my favourite Pokemon characters.

And I support Rosalina because she is is one of my favourite Mario characters, maybe I just have a thing for women with one eye covered by hair.

Airik

Smash Rookie
Just a thought, but wouldnt it be interesting if on the character select screen you could choose between different trainers as a costume/color? For example start out as Red with the 3 kanto starters, but then press x and instead of just the pokemon changing colors, the trainer is changed. And this could be applied to the pokemon as well. eg: first is red with kanto starters, next is Gold with johto starters, etc, or you could have cynthia/lance/other characters with their iconic pokemon. :bee:

Smash Rookie
Just a thought, but wouldnt it be interesting if on the character select screen you could choose between different trainers as a costume/color? For example start out as Red with the 3 kanto starters, but then press x and instead of just the pokemon changing colors, the trainer is changed. And this could be applied to the pokemon as well. eg: first is red with kanto starters, next is Gold with johto starters, etc, or you could have cynthia/lance/other characters with their iconic pokemon. :bee:
That wouldn't quite work. Switching the trainers would work, but it wouldn't make much sense without switching the Pokemon, which would definitely not work. To remain mere costume changes as opposed to whole new characters, the new Pokemon's bodily dimensions would have to be extremely warped to match those of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. For example, Typhlosion or Blaziken would have to be made much fatter than they are to equal Charizard's bulk. Also, it would be difficult to match the movesets as the three original Pokemon use moves reliant on their bodies. Squirtle relies on his tail and shell, which Totidile and other Pokemon don't have; Ivysaur requires her bulb and vines, which Bayleef and others couldn't match; Charizard uses his long tail and wings, which Typhlosion and others obviously could not copy. Costume changes for Pokemon Trainer will have to remain as mere color swaps, and new Pokemon would have to be brand new characters.

Airik

Smash Rookie
That wouldn't quite work. Switching the trainers would work, but it wouldn't make much sense without switching the Pokemon, which would definitely not work. To remain mere costume changes as opposed to whole new characters, the new Pokemon's bodily dimensions would have to be extremely warped to match those of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. For example, Typhlosion or Blaziken would have to be made much fatter than they are to equal Charizard's bulk. Also, it would be difficult to match the movesets as the three original Pokemon use moves reliant on their bodies. Squirtle relies on his tail and shell, which Totidile and other Pokemon don't have; Ivysaur requires her bulb and vines, which Bayleef and others couldn't match; Charizard uses his long tail and wings, which Typhlosion and others obviously could not copy. Costume changes for Pokemon Trainer will have to remain as mere color swaps, and new Pokemon would have to be brand new characters.
A valid point, but one that could easily be overcome if the developers felt like putting the time into it. obvioulsy we can see that the 3 pokemon used in brawl all have different traits and characteristics. but also, we have samus who transforms into zero suit samus on the character select screen, then she goes into battle with an entirely different moveset and weight. So all in all my point was not that the pokemon trainers would be mere color swaps or clones, but rather, a bunch of different characters rolled into one. samus/zero suit and zelda/shiek do it, so why not Pokemon trainer? basically it would be like having 4-5 character slots on the character select screen rolled into one. so yes there would be 4-5 new characters, but they would only take up one space. and it wouldn't be unfair or anything because they could make it so that the one trainer you swap to is the one you're stuck with throughout the match, unlike Zelda who can transform, and (with an item) Samus. or they could just throw the 4-5 new pokemon trainers on there with their own slot no biggy. my way just seems more efficient and gives the players what they want.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If she used Garchomp would she be banned?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd give her Garchomp, Braviary, and (Milotic maybe)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ultra bump! About time this thread saw the light of the first page.

I added a signature banner to the OP and is made by yours truly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, I see why you were asking that. I like that sig. :)

I suppose Cynthia would be a good Pokémon representative, but with Gen 6 on the way, her chances have dwindled further. :(

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I think Cynthia could be the perfect excuse for Lucario to be part of a Pokémon Trainer's Team (I would be happy with it). I would like her to have Roserade (Lightweight), Lucario (Middleweight) and Garchomp (Heavyweight) as her Pokémon trio.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Good news, she wouldn't be banned. Garchomp is OU now that sad veil is banned

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Garchomp, Togekiss and Roserade
Garchomp would be a heavy hitter but stuns more easily
Togekiss would be good with recovery and defense but lacks offense.
Roserade would cause a lot of statuses and be the most annoying but lacks defense and recovery.
They'd all cover each others weak points.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The chances of that happening is extremely low. Imo, Pokemon trainer's character idea wasn't a success. I believe that they will remove trainer characters and stick to regular Pokemon such as Zoroark and the new form of mewtwo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The chances of that happening is extremely low. Imo, Pokemon trainer's character idea wasn't a success. I believe that they will remove trainer characters and stick to regular Pokemon such as Zoroark and the new form of mewtwo.

Pokemon Trainer was a success. People liked him.

Plus I'll go nuts if he's gone.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103

Pokemon Trainer was a success. People liked him.

Plus I'll go nuts if he's gone.
Even though pokemon trainer was a genuine idea to develop as a charatcer, a good number of people would rather have a stable pokemon character instead of 3. Plus, there are two generations that need to be covered in smash 4, out of the possibly 300 new pokemon, a pokemon with a huge fanbase will most likely replace Pokemon Trainer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Even though pokemon trainer was a genuine idea to develop as a charatcer, a good number of people would rather have a stable pokemon character instead of 3. Plus, there are two generations that need to be covered in smash 4, out of the possibly 300 new pokemon, a pokemon with a huge fanbase will most likely replace Pokemon Trainer.
I wish you had a source.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I call absolute bull****.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why so? Hasn't mewtwo been replaced with Lucario?
Why do you find it hard to believe that PT might be replaced?
Actually no one was replaced.

Lucario and Mewtwo were both meant to be in Brawl. Mewtwo was only cut due to time constraints. If Sakurai had his way, we would have gotten both.

Pokemon Trainer has some of the most popular pokemon of all time. Charizard, Squirtle (arguably Ivysaur, though it's mainly his connection to Bulbasaur). He was well received and people generally don't like cuts.

Top Bottom