• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bubbles for ssb4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
who wants to see bubbles the star of clu clu land in the next smash game?
seen here in her meele trophy

Sakurai said he wanted to include more old nintendo characters so i dont think she's to unlikely

move ideas:

b: shock wave: her trade mark attack from clu clu land sends a shock wave forward to attack enemies

b side: gold bar: throws a gold bar at opponents

b up: turning post: uses a turning post to swing herself upwards

b down: turning post spin: uses a turning post to spin in place to attack foes

final smash: black hole: one of the black holes from clu clu land appear in the spot where bubbles was and drwas in foes dealing damge

series symbol: one of the many gold bars you collect during the game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Blossom or Buttercup?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not entirely related but does anyone else get dizzy just listening to the Clu Clu land music in Brawl?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
based on what Sakurai said, I can see her appearing and hey, don't people want more female characters? I think she's a good candidate.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
See the red? This is what Sakurai said about Bubbles in the Melee Dojo. He pretty much said Bubbles doesn't know how to fight.

まさかこんなカタチで復活するなんて!
とちまたでウワサのアイスクライマーです。

「なぜアイスクライマーを選んだの?」とはよく聞かれたりします。

まず、ファミコンオリジナルのキャラクターから代表して1つ出そう!と決めたら、あとは消去法でした。

バルーンファイト・・・風船割られてだめそうだし
 アーバンチャンピオン・・・ワザが少なそうだし
 クルクルランド・・・どう戦っていいのかわからないし
 エキサイトバイク・・・ジャンプ台つくらなきゃだし
            (そういう問題でなく)

それと、キャラ選別には「そのキャラにしかできないこと」があることが重要です。

アイスクライマーなら、2人同時プレイをもじって2人同時に動かすのも面白そうだと思い、晴れて参加となりました。

アイスクライマーを相手にするとやっかいな感じです。
2人同時のコンビネーションは想像以上にてごわい反面、操作しているプレイヤーにはあまり強いという印象を与えにくく、知らずのうちによく勝っている、なんてこともありそうです。

ただ、アイスクライマーには、「空中横移動速度が遅い」という、原作に忠実かつスマブラでは致命的な弱点も作ったので、両極端なキャラになりそうです。
(最近の調整でそうでもなくなったような?まだわかりませんが)

ちなみにポポとナナは、おさななじみ的な男女だそうです。
友達以上恋人未満というか。

Source

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
See the red? This is what Sakurai said about Bubbles in the Melee Dojo. He pretty much said Bubbles doesn't know how to fight.

まさかこんなカタチで復活するなんて!
とちまたでウワサのアイスクライマーです。

「なぜアイスクライマーを選んだの?」とはよく聞かれたりします。

まず、ファミコンオリジナルのキャラクターから代表して1つ出そう!と決めたら、あとは消去法でした。

バルーンファイト・・・風船割られてだめそうだし
 アーバンチャンピオン・・・ワザが少なそうだし
 クルクルランド・・・どう戦っていいのかわからないし
 エキサイトバイク・・・ジャンプ台つくらなきゃだし
            (そういう問題でなく)

それと、キャラ選別には「そのキャラにしかできないこと」があることが重要です。

アイスクライマーなら、2人同時プレイをもじって2人同時に動かすのも面白そうだと思い、晴れて参加となりました。

アイスクライマーを相手にするとやっかいな感じです。
2人同時のコンビネーションは想像以上にてごわい反面、操作しているプレイヤーにはあまり強いという印象を与えにくく、知らずのうちによく勝っている、なんてこともありそうです。

ただ、アイスクライマーには、「空中横移動速度が遅い」という、原作に忠実かつスマブラでは致命的な弱点も作ったので、両極端なキャラになりそうです。
(最近の調整でそうでもなくなったような?まだわかりませんが)

ちなみにポポとナナは、おさななじみ的な男女だそうです。
友達以上恋人未満というか。

Source
that was around ten years ago he might have changed his mind

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Plus, the can't stay still in the games. Unless, there could be a way where she can stand though. I made a better moveset for her and will upload it later, it involves all of her traditional moves with some bubble attacks since she is a Bubble Fish.

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

that was around ten years ago he might have changed his mind
Very unlikely.
Otherwise, we should expect that Balloon Fighter won't be useless without his balloons anymore, Urban Champion gives just enough to use, and that ramps don't need to be added to stages just to have the Excitebiker as a playable character.

You try to argue that he could "change his mind" for one, you need to argue for them all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Very unlikely.
Otherwise, we should expect that Balloon Fighter won't be useless without his balloons anymore, Urban Champion gives just enough to use, and that ramps don't need to be added to stages just to have the Excitebiker as a playable character.

You try to argue that he could "change his mind" for one, you need to argue for them all.
so your saying the entire team is not creative enough to solve these problems?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Very unlikely.

Isn't Olimar pretty much useless without his Pikmin bar a few attacks here and there? I'm sure they can do something creative for the Balloon Fighter. The same applies for Bubbles who's only problem so far I've heard is that she constantly moves. How about they just make her slippery when she moves with her perfectly being able to stand still?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I support Bubbles. I bought Clu Clu Land on the VC, and it's great. She'd be very cool, if done well. I also made a moveset for her a while back.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I support Bubbles. I bought Clu Clu Land on the VC, and it's great. She'd be very cool, if done well. I also made a moveset for her a while back.
I knew I wasn't the only one who enjoyed Clu Clu Land. :)

D

Deleted member

so your saying the entire team is not creative enough to solve these problems?
I'm not saying that.
I'm saying if you advocate that one can get in because "he changed his mind", then you have to advocate for them all.

All the reasonings he gave have already been countered at some point.
With the reasoning for Balloon Fighter, Olimar counters this for being useless without his Pikmin.
The reasoning for Urban Champion is countered by R.O.B., who had very little to work with.
The reasoning for Excitebiker is countered by Wheelie and Roader, two of Sakurai's own creations, as they clearly have no problems jumping without ramps.
And likewise, the reasoning for Bubbles has been countered by again, R.O.B., since how he fights was completely out of the blue, save for the Gyromite, and an earlier example with Sheik and even Captain Falcon.

However, when it boils down to it, it's more a case of "I don't care for this character and/or they do not interest me." I mean, the main reason he picked the Ice Climbers was because of the unique gimmick of a tag-team, which interested him.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not saying that.
I'm saying if you advocate that one can get in because "he changed his mind", then you have to advocate for them all.

All the reasonings he gave have already been countered at some point.
With the reasoning for Balloon Fighter, Olimar counters this for being useless without his Pikmin.
The reasoning for Urban Champion is countered by R.O.B., who had very little to work with.
The reasoning for Excitebiker is countered by Wheelie and Roader, two of Sakurai's own creations, as they clearly have no problems jumping without ramps.
And likewise, the reasoning for Bubbles has been countered by again, R.O.B., since how he fights was completely out of the blue, save for the Gyromite, and an earlier example with Sheik and even Captain Falcon.

However, when it boils down to it, it's more a case of "I don't care for this character and/or they do not interest me." I mean, the main reason he picked the Ice Climbers was because of the unique gimmick of a tag-team, which interested him.
so your saying he has no interest in her? (not quite sure i've got your point) if thats what you saying then how do you know that?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
so your saying he has no interest in her? (not quite sure i've got your point) if thats what you saying then how do you know that?
I think the implication was if he'd had enough interest, she'd probably already be in.

D

Deleted member

If he had to make up an excuse to why she wouldn't work, that's a sign he doesn't care that much about her.
Since he already has characters that would make you ask "How would they fight?" if you heard they were going to be in Smash such as Captain Falcon and Sheik.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If he had to make up an excuse to why she wouldn't work, that's a sign he doesn't care that much about her.
Since he already has characters that would make you ask "How would they fight?" if you heard they were going to be in Smash such as Captain Falcon and Sheik.
that was still ten years ago he still could have changed his mind

D

Deleted member

If repeating the same flawed argument will make the pain any less about Bubbles never being in Smash, then more power to you.

The probability of him changing his mind about Bubbles out of the 4 he made up excuses for is not that high.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If repeating the same flawed argument will make the pain any less about Bubbles never being in Smash, then more power to you.

The probability of him changing his mind about Bubbles out of the 4 he made up excuses for is not that high.
so you dont think he could have changed his mind? fair enough, i think that he could well consider putting any old nintendo character in it (ones he didnt think would work in smash included)

also i was not making an argument, i was simply asking why you didnt think he could have changed his mind in ten years, beacuse you didnt answer the first time i asked

but kindly dont be so rude about me wanting an unlikely character in smash, if you where not trying to be rude then im sorry for accusing you of it, but it is how you came across to me

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

I've downloaded Clu Clu Land yesterday and I have to say that I really enjoy this game. I support her as a retro rep, though she has a lot of competition with other retro characters. Also about her not being playable because "she doesn't stop moving" is a poor excuse. Bubbles could easily have a stance where she's spinning or dancing in place to keep her mobile. She could also be a bit more slippery then Luigi. It would look nice after she does a dash and starts dancing or spinning when she's in her stance. She should never stop moving, and it wouldn't be hard for devs to do this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's the first reply this thread got in almost a year...

SMASHERS. Y U NO SUPPORT BUBBLES?!

Ok now that I got that off my chest, I support Bubbles for Smash 4 as well. She might not have many powers or moves she showed back in her only game, but the same can be said for the Ice Climbers and that didn't stop them from getting into the series.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
now I have to know... was clu clu land underwater or in the sky, I know it's probably one of the two.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I actually wouldn't mind Bubbles, I'd might even main her if she were playable. I definitely support her.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
PEOPLE ARE POSTING IN THIS THREAD AGAIN?!
yes, people are posting in this thread again. thanks to me, actually finding it, liking the idea, and saying I liked the character. I'm trying to think of a good moveset, but I cant :/ never really played cluclu land.

EDIT: just went and played it. there really isn't much to work with, other than lazors, the pegs, the urchins, and the bounce paddles. I'm sure there is a way for them to be used.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
EDIT: just went and played it. there really isn't much to work with, other than lazors, the pegs, the urchins, and the bounce paddles. I'm sure there is a way for them to be used.
Like I said, they managed create a moveset for the Ice Climbers with the little content included in the original Ice Climbers game on the NES. I doubt Nintendo would not include Bubbles simply because of a lack abilites they could give her.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Like I said, they managed create a moveset for the Ice Climbers with the little content included in the original Ice Climbers game on the NES. I doubt Nintendo would not include Bubbles simply because of a lack abilites they could give her.
yeah, they do have enough for the specials, and plus, she has arms.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Like with Urban Champion, I'm going to bump this so this can have discussion.
I think it definitely possible for her to stand in the game, I think he would walk pretty similar to Pac-Man. I only made one special move for now.
Side-B: Turn: Bubbles summons a pole to make her turn the other way, she is able to fly straightforwardly allowing her to edgeguard opponents with ease as she doesn't lose vertical height when she is using aerial attacks.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I thinking in sound as a time move, lets say "i shout you" and you paralized, "i sing" and you move slower, something like that, all about sound.
I was playing king of swing the other day and is a freaking cool and amazing game, i will totally love a gameplay style related to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom