• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Don't worry...Mama will fix this." - Cooking Mama Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheck

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's right. I said it. I want Cooking Mama for SSB4/Universe/whatever.

She will devour your soul after sautéing it in mushroom sauce.

Alright, I know it would be kind of a crazy choice, but how cool would it be to have Cooking Mama make her smashing debut in the next game? Oh, be quiet, it would be cool to me. :glare:

Why should Mama be included in the next SSB?
*She has had 11 games published, all for either the Wii or Nintendo DS.
*She debuted in 2006, so she has had a number of years to become familiar to the public.
*Though her games are not the most critically acclaimed, they are relatively well-known and popular, especially to the market of casual gamers who have become to integral to Nintendo's domination of this past console generation.
*It would be a great choice to get a character from Majesco into a SSB game.
*She's adorable. :bee:
*Even if you don't like her games, it would be awesome to play a tiny lady scrapping bigger characters with foods and cooking utensils.

What would her stats be like?
*Mama would probably be short and light, since she's animated as a tiny Japanese lady.
*Since she's smaller, she would possibly be given good running and air movement speed.
*She could potentially have strong damage output if her moveset is based in cutlery.

What would her moveset be like?
*Mama is a chef, so her moveset would probably be based around her using various kitchen tools such as knives, spatulas, rolling pins, and the like.
*She also has games based around gardening, so perhaps gardening tools like rakes and spades could find their way into her moveset.
*She also babysits. I would love to see her highest knockback move be smacking someone with a baby.
*Food itself could be included in the moveset as well. Imagine tossing vegetables as a projectile, using boiling-hot food to inflict fire damage, and using bread and meat as blunt force weapons.
*In the games, Mama shows a few emotions based on how well you did on the meal you were cooking. Maybe her anger would show through during fights.

Bringing the smackdown.

Things for discussion
*Does anyone else even wanna see her in the next Smash? Probably not...
*What would her recovery, mainly her third jump, be like?
*Any good smash ball ideas?

Tasteless ploy by an activist group known for being bad at picking their battles? Yes. Good for this thread? Also yes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only if she has a kitchen stage and is restricted to it. She has better things to do with her time, like making me a sammich.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dang Psycho beat me to the punchline.
Speaking of domestic abuse I'd like to see her utilize her vast arsenal of utensils for a better purpose than fighting. Namely making Psycho a sammich.

Go get em' Mama.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd only support her if she keeps her funny catchphrase with the same way she says it in the Wii game with her. "Don worry, Mama wirl herp yew" That always makes me laugh for some reason. xD

Though I'd rather want to see other third parties before her...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
honestly I never thought I would see this thread happen... but let's face it: she would be the joke character you would love to use against other players and pissing them off... and absolutely hate to lose against.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ain't no one fight "Bettah den Mama!"

Id freaking love this if she was the games next unexpected oddball character.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I see.... so you'd rather it was called cooking DADDY? And he looked something more like this guy

:phone:
Lol, no. I was refering to the limited amount of female characters that actually seem interesting; & how we already have a couple of frying pan wielders. I have nothing against her personality.

Sheck

Smash Cadet
honestly I never thought I would see this thread happen... but let's face it: she would be the joke character you would love to use against other players and pissing them off... and absolutely hate to lose against.
How hilarious would it be if she was the S-tier defining game-breaking OP Meta Knight of SSB4?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know if I would support her personally but she's better than a lot of characters I've seen. I could totally see her getting into Smash as a joke or unusual character. First move that came to mind was stinky diaper throw! It's funny and humiliating at the same time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The main obstacle she'd need to overcome is the fact that she's 3rd Party...and not a very popular one at that...especially with limited space for 3rd Party characters.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I don't see why so many people regard her as a joke character. You could say the same about Game & Watch or ROB, and they surely aren't joke characters! Besides, she's actually second party (iOS doesn't count because everything's got an iOS version) to Nintendo and is one of the well-known family-friendly characters; i think her moveset would be really funny and quirky but with some serious power. Imagine being *****-slapped by a fish in her Side Smash!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This would be interesting to see.

I'm supporting if, and only if, we can also use her as the replacement for the sandbag, and change Home-Run mode to Domestic Violence mode.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the character ideas I've seen, this is my favorite, if only because it's so unexpected. :awesome:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
They talk about beating up Mama but what about Mama beat you?

Grapple Down: Mama bends them over her knee and spanks them.

heehoo10

Smash Rookie
^ thats kinky

she should be called just mama, cause she should be using her cooking, crafting, babysitting and camping game material, or maybe smash mama, lol, but i support her!

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
^ thats kinky

she should be called just mama, cause she should be using her cooking, crafting, babysitting and camping game material, or maybe smash mama, lol, but i support her!
:lol: is she a Mama you like to F***? JK

But I also agree with you on using stuff from all her games. Mama has a wide variety of weapons at her disposal. I've never played the game so I'm just making up likely stuff.

Kitchen
Knives
Meat Cleavers
Frying Pans (Classic)
Fish (If you don't get this watch Monty Python)
Fruits (Again Monty Python)

Babysitting
Dirty diapers
milk bottles (squirts milk out)
rattles

Crafting
Clay
Sculpting tools
Paper airplanes
Carpentry tools

Camping
Torches
Bugs
Stuff used to fight off wild animals
More Pots and pans

Gardening
Shovels
Rakes
Hedge trimmers (Thinking clocktower here)
Vegetables (Like Peach)

Basically she can be a very creative and comical character.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Yeah that may not work. Maybe a baby doll?

Also I found something that may hurt Mama's chances.

I'm sure Miyamoto would feel the same about Smash Mama.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
They talk about beating up Mama but what about Mama beat you?

Grapple Down: Mama bends them over her knee and spanks them.
What if her pummel was her spanking her opponent? It could be as fast as Wolf's pummel. Also her recovery could be folding or pulling out a paper airplane and gliding back to the stage(crafting move). Or she could take off her bandana, a gust of wind would push her upwards and act as a parachute.

I'm just gonna support her because so far she sounds like she can be a very fun and unusual character.

:phone:

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
I think she would be very fun to use, using knifes, frying pans, etc.
I imagine her FS could be something like Kirby's. Putting all opponents inside a microwave and cooking them to death XD

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
how bout she mainly holds a kitchen knife or spoon. i think id prefer spoon.
b= hot pan (Mama pulls out a pan and a big flame spurt from it causing burn damage)
forward B=diaper throw (self explainatory)
up b= dont got one yet
down b= watering can (pours water from a watering can on the ground, opponent can slip on this)
Final Smash= I would say something like Kirbys but yeah

grab b= shakes opponent
grab down= spanks opponent
grab sides= rocks and throws opponent
grab up= up throw (like you do with a toddler)

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'd just like to mention that someone stabbing people with a butchers knife may not be appropriate for some of the younger children who play the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
and stabbing someone with a sword is better?
You don't really stab with a sword, you mostly slash.

And yes, it's better because of the symbolism associated with the sword as opposed to the knife.

The knife is associated with deception in Japan, America AND Europe. While the sword, again in all three, is associated with heroism, justice and truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom