• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Waddle Doo has his Eye on You!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Some fans want Bandana Dee. Some want Gooey. Those are nice choses, but what about this guy?

This guy has been playable more than one, Whereas Gooey was only playable one. Why not give Doo a chance?

"But, the only thing he can do is shoot Beams!"

Well, yeah, and those can be use as special attacks, but then I realize he can also work with this!

"A Sword? but he only had that in the anime! And he never used it!"

Yeah, the sword was from the anime only, but guess what? So were Waddle Dees wielding Spears. if HAL Laboratory could allow Waddle Dees to wield Spears, Then maybe they(or someone else) can combine both worlds and let one Waddle Doo wield a sword. The combination of Sword and Beam, all in one!

Now, to the Moveset.

Weak Attacks

1-2-3: Swipe, Reverse Swipe, Forward Thrust(similar to Link)

Strong Attacks

Upward: Up Slash
Forward: Forward Slash
Downward: Low Swipe

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Up Thrust
Forward: Overhead Slash
Downward: Spin Attack(spins around once)

Dash Attack: Lunging Stab

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Sword Spin
Front: Front Slice
Back: Back Slice
Up: Up Stab
Down: Down Stab

Special Attacks

Standard B: Wave Beam(works like Samus' Charge Beam)
Foward B: Cycle Baem(creates a few rows of blue energy orbs that deal damage)
Upward B: Beam Blast(shoots small Energy Bolts to launch himself up)
Downward B: Beam Whip: the standard, iconic Energy Whip. Can also send sparks trailing through the ground(thing Plug Man's Plug Ball from MM9)

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Blasts the Foe with his Eye
Front: Blast the enemy forward
Back: Turns around, then blast them
Up: Blasts them up
Down: Slams them down, then blasts them

FINAL SMASH: Super Waddle Doo

Waddle Doo summons(or, whatever works with you, transforms into) Super Waddle Doo, who can unleashes more powerful Beam Whips. Not to mention, the all-powerful FLARE BEAM!

I can do 3 of the Pink Blob's Abilities. Starting with Fighter.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wow! This thread is incredibly good! Very good job! I do quite like waddle doo (more than bandana dee), so he's 2nd out of four on my list.
1st Dark matter and prince fluff
2nd Waddle doo
3rd bandana dee
4th Gooey
5th anyone else.
Plus, beams are really all they had to work with with ROB too!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I'd rather have them with umbrellas than swords. No troll face

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
We don't need no dumb swords. We got an umbrella. Seriously, it's his only real weapon. (not counting beam power)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Really? You actually think waving a spear around is stronger than the wind!?
He's not just waving it around. HE FLIES. By spinning a spear around really fast. It's so stupid it's awesome.

Edit: And I'm confused as to exactly what you mean by "the wind" Waddle Doo can float longer because he uses a parasol, not because he has any sort of control over the air..

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyway, the basic combo needs to be redone.

New basic combo: 1 hit: Waddle Doo smacks an opponent over the head with the umbrella.

2 hit: Waddle Doo hits you over the head then swings the umbrella back up.

3 hit: WD hits you over the head, then hits you by swinging the umbrella up, and then he jabs the umbrella forward.

Down, up, forward

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
A character with a giant eye who fights with an umberella would be pretty great. So I wouldn't mind him being playable. But is their any way to make him look different by appearance, because Dedede throws waddle doos.

:phone:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
A character with a giant eye who fights with an umberella would be pretty great. So I wouldn't mind him being playable. But is their any way to make him look different by appearance, because Dedede throws waddle doos.

Give a belt thing to holster his umbrella. (like how the anime one had a belt to hold his sword sheath)

jigglover

Smash Lord
He's not just waving it around. HE FLIES. By spinning a spear around really fast. It's so stupid it's awesome.

Edit: And I'm confused as to exactly what you mean by "the wind" Waddle Doo can float longer because he uses a parasol, not because he has any sort of control over the air..
Well the parasol would pick up the wind!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Truthfully, I rather have Parasols as clobbering items again.

And I have never seen a Waddle Doo actually use a Parasol as a weapon. Only to descend.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Truthfully, I rather have Parasols as clobbering items again.

And I have never seen a Waddle Doo actually use a Parasol as a weapon. Only to descend.
True. They have never used it as a weapon but it doesn't mean they can't. They just have a much better weapon though, their laser eye.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see the point in having another Kirby character because all the popular characters are in Smash already. Some franchises simply don't have more main characters(like Kirby or Legend of Zelda) and I don't see the need to add them just to have more characters of the franchise.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Actually, Kirby has a few characters that would work and could be added. But not for the sake of adding more characters. But because they could work.

And Kirby does have more main characters.

D

Deleted member

Not really. Other than Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede, that's pretty much it.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Gooey sub counts. He debuted in Dream Land 2, then, he became the "Luigi" in Dream Land 3.

He is pretty important as he's a separate part of Dark Matter.

They're also the Animal Friends, who have appeared in more than 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom