• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kikwi Elder Bucha for SSB4!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman

Well after recently beating Skyward Sword, which was quite enjoyable, I noticed a great cast of characters in the game that I thought were incredibly interesting. Groose and Ghirahim to name a few. So I just wanted to share with you all one of these special characters that really caught my eye. And yeah the title says it all; I think the Kikwi Elder Bucha should join the roster for Super Smash Bros 4 and here’s why, but first I think I should start with introducing him to those who are unfamiliar.

Bucha is the leader of the Kikwis: a species of creatures who live in the Faron Woods. They first made their debut in Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword at first as just odd creatures that Link normal encounters such as Gorons, Zoras, etc; but these Kikwis also give Link a tedious scavenger hunt that wastes 30 mins of the player’s time and the info which they give Link proves to be much more useful than what Fi could ever provide that isn’t completely obvious.

The Kikwis are all very oddly shaped. It is questionable where the inspiration of the shape came from but that’s for another topic. Eh hem. They all are light brown colored with a much darker brown on their back which also has their like bud thingy that hey use to help them blend in with the environment. Bucha is most notably the master of hiding which can prove useful for enemy encounters.

The most helpful of the Kikwi would hands down be the Kikwi Elder, Bucha. He is the one who gives Link his first item on his quest, the slingshot; one of the more useful items of the game. He therefore provides an effective starting point to the plot of the game so he does have significance to the story and game which is certainly enough to match up with support characters like Toad which have popular for years.

Yes I have developed a moveset for Bucha. This is a legit character thread. Haters can leave.

Special Moves

^B: Uses a vine as a tether recovery which can be used for attacking similar to
Ivysaur’s ^B
B: Uses Slingshot with one hand and fires a few seeds (This one was hard to come
up with but I’m open to suggestions.)
<B: Throws his fellow Kikwis similar to King Dedede’s <B. The Kikwi also can walk
around like Waddle Dees and deal damage.
vB: Does a ground pound slam similar to Bowser’s vB but doesn’t go up as high but
has a larger hit box.

Smash Attacks

^Smash: Uses his back to bash opponents coming from above.
<Smash: Falls sideways on opponent smashing them into a “space pancake.” (Mario Galaxy Reference lol)
vSmash: Simply falls back and sits on anyone within range.

Standard Attacks

^ tilt: Uses headbutt to counter enemies from above
v tilt: Sits down hitting opponent similar to his vSmash but weaker and fast to
execute.
>tilt: Does a slow hit with his hip. Very effective for starting a jab combo
Neutral: Slaps opponent with his small hands. Similar to Luigi’s attack while
running but this stays in place and is effective for building up damage.
Running: Bucha would be the slowest character. His running would match
Bowser’s walking speed but his attack would be falling over someone similar
to King Dedede.

*And if tripping stays then his trip would be the only out of the roster to deal damage*

Grabs

^Grab: Bumps opponent from the top of his back
vGrab: Sits on opponent
<Grab: Holds opponent and falls on top of them similar to Bowser’s <Grab.
Neutral Grab: Hugs opponent, squeezing them to the point of discomfort.

Aerials

Bucha would be the weakest jumper. His jump would be about half of Brawl Ganondorf’s jump height.

^ Aerial: Uses hands to push opponent back up in the air
v Aerial: Headbutts downward. Has a bit of lag when getting himself back up but is
really effective if attack is successful.
Back Aerial: Uses his back to slam opponent. Similar to Bowser’s back aerial.
Forward Aerial: Uses his stomach to slam opponent horizontally.
Neutral Aerial: Falls freely hitting anyone who’s in the way. Useful for edge
guarding.

Final Smash: Becomes huge and falls through the stage similar to Snorlax but much bigger and harder to dodge. Can kill anyone instantly who is 70% or higher. To give you an idea. If you were playing at Hyrule Temple. He’d cover 80% of it. Yeah, it’s that big.

Anyway, that’s his moveset I came up with. I think he’d make for an interesting character. He has good recovery, weak jumping, slow speed, but has some powerhouse smash attacks, and he has a couple good projectile moves.

Now I know his chances may seem really low but he is from Skyward Sword the newest Zelda game so he’s got the “new character” thing going for him. If Sakurai decides to add a new Zelda rep he should really consider Bucha. He has a lot of charm and character to him plus he looks funny. I think fans would really enjoy playing as him.

Ok, that about wraps it up. Thank you for reading and please go on and discuss Bucha and his potential for the next Super Smash Bros.

PLLLEEEAASSSEEE HEEEELLPP SPPPREEADDD THHHEEE WOOOORRRDDD!!!! BUCHA MUST BE PLAYABLE IN SSB4!!!!!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'd actually like to see a new breed of "gargantuan" characters, that seem to be catching on in Marvel Vs Capcom and the DBZ fighters.
Nothing funner than crushing Chiaotzu in my giant ape palms.
Having a larger character with a more limited moveset and less stun would be interesting.
This opens up the gates to the likes of Petey Pirahna, Ridley, and maybe even Master Hand himself?
BRING IT ON!!!

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I'd actually like to see a new breed of "gargantuan" characters, that seem to be catching on in Marvel Vs Capcom and the DBZ fighters.
Nothing funner than crushing Chiaotzu in my giant ape palms.
Having a larger character with a more limited moveset and less stun would be interesting.
This opens up the gates to the likes of Petey Pirahna, Ridley, and maybe even Master Hand himself?
BRING IT ON!!!
You bet bro!!

And spire, haha like 3/4 of the characters on the discussion thread aren't going to make it. haha. Bucha has a lot to offer.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
Hmmm. That write-up is pretty goddamn impressive. I've never seen this guy before but there's something about him that I really like. I think I'd like to help this cause by making sure that everyone on this site has Bucha's face forever embedded in their minds.

And to all you Bucha-haters out there: by blindly denying any chance for Bucha, you are only exposing yourself as the ignorant cogs you truly are.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Bucha's mustache/giant nosehairs are being poorly represented. He should use that thing to grab his opponents and set up his throws.
None shall escape the wrath of Bucha!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You sure that isn't just one big ...sack?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I... don't think this will ever happen... but it's possible to make a moveset for him.

let's see... *thinks for a while...* I got this!

It's special moveset time! Whoo, I am creative today! Good!

Neutral B: Bucha Crush - Slams into the floor with his massive body. Would take a lot to get up, though.

Side B: Kikwi Summon - Like King Dedede's Waddle Dee Throw, but without the throwing part. The Kikwis would wander around and beat up whatever opposition by... headbutting them.

Down B: Mushroom Trap - Put a mushroom like those found in the Faron Woods, on the ground. Any opponent near the mushroom would fall asleep or become dizzy (like when the shield breaks) for a short time (though the time would increase with the percentage), making them vulnerable.

Up B: Deku Leaf Spin - Inspired by the Koroks from Wind Waker. Bucha uses a pair of big Deku Leaves and spins them to hover in the air. Controlled like Pit's Up special.

Final Smash: Faron's Wrath - Calls forth the Water Dragon, Faron to flood the stage. A few lilypads (between 1 and the number of team members on Bucha's team including Bucha himself, during Team Battles) would serve as moving platforms. In stages already with water, this would cause the water level to raise, obviously.

his A attacks would revolve around headbutts and swinging his thorn on his head or even his vine beard.

so... I guess this could do it... like I said many times in this board... ALL characters have moveset potential... it's just a matter of creativity.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The curled vine on his head could be used as a ledge/grapple point. Haha, imagine a character large enough to climb upon.

Hmm...

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
With all these obscure characters people want these days that like no one knows why should they be in when we can add a more recent character like Bucha. Skyward Sword was such a huge hit so it's not impossible for the game to be represented in the roster. As I explained, Bucha has the fighting potential and is easily one of the best choices for a Zelda newcomer along with Ghirahim or maybe Impa.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
He may be good in something,but Smash's most important thing is to Represent,wich this character really doesn't do well.
How does he not represent? He has essential to the development of the plot in Skyward Sword. In addition his character develops as the game progresses. I would dare say that he's in the top 5 best candidates for newcomers overall. You must be too brainwashed to get that though.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Oh no.

Skull-kid,Zant,Midna,Ghirahim,Demise,those were more important,they're the reason(s) why the plot is there.

I can smell this thread will have a lot of disagreements as well as other agreements.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
Oh no.

Skull-kid,Zant,Midna,Ghirahim,Demise,those were more important,they're the reason(s) why the plot is there.

I can smell this thread will have a lot of disagreements as well as other agreements.
WRONG! Bucha's influence had a much more lasting impact on the plot than those characters. It's almost tempting to say that his relevance rivals that of Link.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Oh no.

Yeah, but Bucha is more recent. If they do decided to add another Zelda rep then it'll probably be from Skyward Sword as that's the newest game. If there's a Zelda newcomer it's gonna be Ghirahim or Bucha. Demise is lame and would just be a lamer clone version of Ganon.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
My god is this guy not capable of comprehending that this thread is just a big troll?

I mean...err...
You crazy! Skyward Sword was allabout big Bucha! Shoot who even bought this game to see Demise rear his ugly #$% face all up like he some sorta bigshot. You can speedrun demise in less than 10 seconds...But I aint seen nonebody mess with the entity formerly known as "the Buch".

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
My god is this guy not capable of comprehending that this thread is just a big troll?

I mean...err...
You crazy! Skyward Sword was allabout big Bucha! Shoot who even bought this game to see Demise rear his ugly #$% face all up like he some sorta bigshot. You can speedrun demise in less than 10 seconds...But I aint seen nonebody mess with the entity formerly known as "the Buch".
Finally, someone's talking some sense in this thread.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Let's face it. All the characters that actually matter are in brawl. once they bring back characters like mewtwo and roy there won't be a choice but to add support characters like Bucha in. I'm telling you the fact that everyone who matters is in already boosts the chances of minor characters getting in because they are all that's left. Now do what's right and support Bucha.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
The fact that it could be a troll thread went through my head but...
I've seen people being serious about him,like,really...
What makes you think this is a troll thread. Didn't you read Tollhouse's write-up? I'll bet he spent an hour typing that and even longer brainstorming it. Calling it a troll thread is just ridiculous. There's a good reason why Kiwi Elder Bucha should be in this game.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why people would even think this is a troll thread. I put so much time doing that write up and so much thought into that move set. Calling this a troll thread is insulting. Thanks for the support Private eye.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
LMFAO!!....... oh wait you didn't say Trollhouse?

:phone:
You know what, if you're not going to contribute anything of any value to the thread, you can leave. All you're doing is exposing yourself as the ignorant cog you are. I guess you just can't handle accepting that Bucha is the best potential LoZ newcomer.

Edit: - @Tollhouse - NP. Everything I do in this thread is for Bucha.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
Someone who hasn't played SS will not know who he is.
Just like someone who hasn't played Earthbound wouldn't know who Ness or Lucas are and just like someone who hasn't played Fire Emblem wouldn't know Marth, Roy, or Ike without going out of their way to inform themselves. What's your point?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
An hour?Well that's a little long for this post,and it got edited.
Good movesets for characters takes time to figure out. Just like Sakurai's team trying to figure out what characters fans want that actually can be in the game and those that can't. Bucha's a big guy and he'll definitely be one of the most memorable creatures of the Zelda series like the Gorons and the Zoras. It'll up to Sakurai if he wants to include characters with lesser roles then the main protagonists/villains. That's why I dare say Bucha's chances are not 0%. Support him on this thread and tell people to vote for him.

Nintendo would be wise to include Bucha as I'm sure Kiwki plushies would make more money than the WiiU on it's launch date.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe you guy's can start by first typing out this guy's race name properly? It's "Kikwi" not "Kiwi" or "Kiwki". Just wanted to correct ya, no offence there. :D

I'm not really interested in supporting this guy but go ahead and have fun anyway. He does look pretty interesting to fight with though... ^_^ *leaves thread*

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The difference is,Ness was still famous in the 64 days,Lucas is second rep,Marth was retro(so it made sense,it was to make us want to know more about Nintendo),Roy was advertising,and Ike is third rep.
I do think being new and obscure isn't a good mix.
Whatever,anyway.
I don't want to make that discussion continue,i've made the 3 pages,i just think it's part of the weirdest choices,support him if you want,since i regret some long discussion i made once i don't like do go too deep now.
Do what you want.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Haha, this could be different...
I don't oppose the idea of huge characters.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
To the haters, what do you mean by 0% chance? He's got a lot to represent for the zelda franchise :troll:

Interesting thread nonetheless

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you guy's can start by first typing out this guy's race name properly? It's "Kikwi" not "Kiwi" or "Kiwki". Just wanted to correct ya, no offence there. :D

I'm not really interested in supporting this guy but go ahead and have fun anyway. He does look pretty interesting to fight with though... ^_^ *leaves thread*
But your name is Kikwi Kiwi... He's got a better chance than prof layton for sure.

jigglover

Smash Lord
After playing through skyward sword myself, the kikwi's are my favourite characters in the game by far. That includes link and ghirahirim as well, having Bucha would be amazing, unlikely, but amazing.

It's either this guy or ghirahiram to represent the best LoZ yet, the fan-base is way bigger for ghirahiram, but flipping hell I want this guy in.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I fully endorse the addition of Bucha to SSB4, and have even added a :link: in my signature to this thread.

In the words of our elder...

Bucha said:
Kyoooo kyoooooooooooo.
Godspeed, gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom