• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Nintendo - The Shigeru Miyamoto Thread (Pictures, movesets added!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I believe Masahiro Sakurai said there was a chance for him to appear in Brawl, though obviously that never happened.

Edit: Wait no, I meant Shigeru said that himself, my bad.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Been waiting for this thread,

and.. he really said that?! lol

Maybe there is actually a chance...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Aww I wanted to make this thread, I even had a funny moveset idea for him... :/ Oh well. I'm supporting this man to be the next Mr. Game & Watch/ROB of Smash 4! >: D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aww I wanted to make this thread, I even had a funny moveset idea for him... :/ Oh well. I'm supporting this man to be the next Mr. Game & Watch/ROB of Smash 4! >: D
If you were going to make more than 3 sentences, I'd do it anyway.

So far this thread would be considered spam

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Update: APC99 has taken ownership of this thread, replacing Jhonnykiller45.

The King of Nintendo, the creator of many classic characters like Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Link, the Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Fox and others. He made Nintendo who they are today. And he belongs in Super Smash Bros.

I can hear your collective heads going "WHAT?", but let me explain. Miyamoto, much like Reggie Fils-Aime, is a huge icon for Nintendo. He is probably the most influential and iconic worker at Nintendo, and has so much popularity. Nobody can resist Miyamoto.

What would his moveset be? Well, I'm glad you asked! Miyamoto would mainly focus on not only Nintendo peripherals like the Wiimote, but also his creations: the universes of Nintendo. Armed with his imagination, Miyamoto can create a Hylian Shield and Master Sword from thin air to assist him in battle, he can summon Excitebikers, have Warp Pipes rise from the ground, Miyamoto can do anything as long as his imagination flows. I imagine a unique factor he'd use would be the ability to temporarily control things. Using a Wiimote (or any controller), he could spawn a shockwave that, when something enters it, he can now control it. Take a Bob-Omb, for instance. If it enteres the shockwave, you can use the normal controls to move the Bob-Omb instead of Miyamoto. Then you can detonate the Bob-Omb wherever you want. Fun, right? A character who controls all around him? It would be for a limited time, until the Wiimote's battery dies or something.
Moveset:
Coming soon!

Roster Maker Icons:
Coming soon!

Signature Icons:
Coming soon!

Support List:
APC99
BluePikmin11
ToasterBrains
Johnykiller45's OP:
[collapse="Jhonnykiller45's old OP"]

I dunno why, but the idea of having Miyamoto as a playable character just struck my mind some day, and, when you come to think about it, it's not a bad idea at all.
Neither it is a good idea, but still, think about it.

And if he dosen't appear as playable, I think he should appear as a trophy or something just for fun.

Anyways, since I feel like putting this here, here it is:
Sakurai's criteria-
Now, for those of you who don't know, Sakurai has a very strict criteria when it comes to adding characters in Smash, so, let's see if Miyamoto succeeds in these criterias:

1. The character must make people want to play the game
Well, I would definetely buy the game if Miyamoto was in. I mean, I would eventually buy it even if he wasn't in but still, having him in would be a pretty good reason for me to get the game.
2. The character must contribute to the balance of the game
With Namco-Bandai at the team, I doubt any character would be unbalanced in the game
3. The character must be unique
Uhh, hello ? This is Shigeru Miyamoto, people. I know that he is just a normal human, but still, we're talking about a video-game here, his moveset could be pretty much anything.
4. The character must fit in the Smash universe
Well, if Sakurai could make Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Snake, etc. I don't see how Miyamoto wouldn't fit in.

Now, there is another criteria which Miyamoto fails at, but shouldn't be that much of a problem which is:
The character must've originated from video-games and must've appeared at least in one Nintendo platform
Now, I think this criteria isn't that much of a problem because, if Miyamoto actually wants him in, Sakurai would at least try find a way around it.

Miyamoto uses his sword and shield to attack his opponents, and he also uses several objects/attacks from his games.
[COLLAPSE="Moveset 1 (full moveset)[on works]"]
A- Right sword slash
AA- Left sword slash
AAA- Stab

Foward tilt- Miyamoto does a quick upwards attack
Up tilt- Miyamoto swings his sword from his back to his front
Down tilt- Miyamoto does a quick low kick in front of him

Foward smash- Miyamoto quickly hits his opponent with his shield and then slashes them with his sword
Up smash- Miyamoto swings his shield and sword upwards
Down smash- Shigeru quickly spins around with his sword at a low angle

Foward air- Miyamoto does a fly-kick foward
Up air- Shigeru quickly slashes upwards
Down air- Shigeru does a strong downwards slash that can spike
Back air- Miyamoto strongly hits behind him with his shield

Foward throw- Shigeru does a strong knee attack foward
Up throw- Miyamoto throws his opponent upwards and stabs them in the back
Down throw- Shigeru hits his opponents in the back with his shield
Back throw- Shigeru quickly throws his opponent backwards and hits them with his sword
Pummel- Miyamoto hits his opponents with the bottom of his sword

Neutral B: Boomerang- Shigeru Miyamoto throws a boomerang foward, much like Link, but it is stronger, travels further and it is slower
Up B: Miyamoto Spin- Shigeru Miyamoto spins with his sword upwards, like Link, but his attack spikes opponents if all hits connect
Down B: Shigeru Shield- Shigeru Miyamoto shields himself, deflecting any projectles that come at him
Side B: Star Boost- Shigeru Miyamoto grabs a small Starman and quickly dashes foward while invincible

Final Smash: The Creator- He leaps into the background and controls his opponents as if they were dolls. [/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Moveset 2 (special attacks only)"]
Up B: Shigeru Up-Rise: He takes three random things from his pouch and rises up. If the attack is charged it'll have a different effect, and a different object will rise him up. They include:

P-Balloon: Inflates himself with a P-Balloon from Super Mario World and flies up. Does not deal damage, goes higher than the other Up-B's. No charge necessary.
Cucco: Grabs Cucco and flies upward slowly, similiar to Snake's Up-B, although it lasts longer and is slower. Can also be used to glide and does not deal damage. Charge for 1.5 seconds.
Arwing: Stands on top of an Arwing and glides upwards, kinda like MK's Shuttle Loop. Can also be used to glide, deals 12 damage. Charge for 2.5 seconds.

Neutral B: Nintendo-Time: Performs the Neutral-B attack of one of the characters that he created: Mario, Link, Fox, C. Falcon. To get a different attack, the attack must be charged.

Mario: Fire Ball- Does the same amount of damage as Doc's Megavitamins, travels farther than Mario's Fireballs, no charge necessary.
Link: Hero's Bow- His arrows travels farther than Link's, the arrows charge up instantly, needs to charge up for 2 seconds.
Fox: Blaster- Works like Fox's blaster in Smash64, slow but powerful and with good hitstun, needs to charge up for 2.8 seconds.
C. Falcon: Miyamoto Punch(yes I said it)- It's a little bit stronger, but slower, kinda like the Warlock Punch, needs to charge up for 3.1 seconds

Side B: Miyamoto Boost: He leaps into a random vehicle from his created series and quickly boosts foward. The vehicles that he uses are : the Blue Falcon, Mario's Kart, an Arwing, Olimar's ship. They all function differently and also must be charged.

Mario's Kart: Works kinda like Wario's bike in Brawl, he can run over people with it, it gains speed the more it travels, the kart dissappears when Miyamoto jumps off of it. No charge necessary.
Arwing: Stands on top of it and flies foward, cannot glide unlike it's Up-B counterpart, flies off after the move finishes. Needs to be charged for 1.8 seconds.
Blue Falcon: Jumps inside of it and runs over people, deals good amount of damage and knockback, goes away after the move finishes. Needs to be charged for 2.6 seconds.
Olimar's ship: Leaps inside and flies upwards, then flies down and crashes; it's landing position can be altered by tilting the control stick. Needs to be charged for 3.2 seconds

Down B: Wii Counter- He grabs a Wiimote w/ Nunchuck and quickly counters an enemy's attack.

Final Smash: The Creator- He leaps into the background and controls his opponents as if they were dolls. [/COLLAPSE]

Misc. stuff :

Recolors : (on works)
Normal/Green: His black outfit with green 1-UP shirt
[COLLAPSE="1-UP shirt"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Red: A red Mushroom shirt
Blue: A blue shirt with a blue falcon on it
Grey: A grey shirt with Miis of Nintendo icons on it
[COLLAPSE="Mii shirt"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Note: All of his recolors have him on his black outfit

Taunts : (on works)
Down: Grabs a Wiimote w/ Nunchuck and performs a gesture with it
[COLLAPSE="Down Taunt"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Up: Puts his hands on his sides and makes his trademark smile

Winning Poses : (on works)
1: Grabs his Red Pikmin plush and bows down(reference to 2012's E3)
2: Stands on a Wii Balance Board and says "My Body Is Ready"(reference E3 2006 & Reggie Fils-Aime)

Thank yous and other things :
Thanks to Sol Diviner for the images
Thanks to ToasterBrains and Davidreamcatcha for the idea for the Up B in the 2nd moveset
And thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto for being such an awesome guy, and for making such great games!
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Your idea of his down special made me imagine Miyamoto doing a falcon punch.

Instant approval.

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What would his taunts be?

Edit: I would also approve if his up special was him using a random object that allows some form of air travel used in one of the games. More specifically, that balloon from the Mario series that would inflate him and allow him to float upwards, a cucco that would allow optimal horizontal movement, and rarely, an arwing that he would pull from his trousers and that would allow gliding.

Edit 2: I realize this would effectively make him a luck-based character. And quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Hehehe.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
What would his taunts be?

Edit: I would also approve if his up special was him using a random object that allows some form of air travel used in one of the games. More specifically, that balloon from the Mario series that would inflate him and allow him to float upwards, a cucco that would allow optimal horizontal movement, and rarely, an arwing that he would pull from his trousers and that would allow gliding.

Edit 2: I realize this would effectively make him a luck-based character. And quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Hehehe.
Huh.
Well, I'll come up with something different for his Up-B and something for his taunts.
It'd be pretty nice if anyone else came up with ideas.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Huh.
Well, I'll come up with something different for his Up-B and something for his taunts.
It'd be pretty nice if anyone else came up with ideas.
http://www.mariowiki.com/P-Balloon <- Random Up-Special #1
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Cucco <- Random Up-Special #2
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Arwing <- Random Up-Special #3

1: Inflates Miyamoto, allows him to float upwards for a couple seconds. No damage or knockback. 45% chance.
2: Miyamoto uses a Cucco to glide horizontally. 45% chance.
3: Miyamoto gets on top of an arwing and glides. 10% chance.

Silly idea, I know. Haha.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I really don't like the specials all being completely random, IMO. Maybe something like "charge it up to gain a different effect", but there should be some way to influence what you get.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like the specials all being completely random, IMO. Maybe something like "charge it up to gain a different effect", but there should be some way to influence what you get.
I couldn't really come up with something different.
Again, it'd be nice if more people came up with ideas.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Just have him hold the specials like smashs to get better effects. Like side special with no charge would be Mario Kart, then when it's full charge it's Olimar's ship?

Also if you use the One-Up shirt for his default attire you have an excuse to have him use a sword in his attacks.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This thread is open ONCE AGAIN!

Hi, I'll be your new OP for today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom