• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers) Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Marina is the Ultra-Intergalactic-Cybot G protagonist of Treasure's N64 platform game - Mischief Makers!

If you've never played Mischief Makers before, you can see her in action in this 100% completion TAS video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1kXaawsQzY

[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]STATS
Weight: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Jump Height: 4/5
Damage: 2/5
Physical Range: 2/5

-----

NORMAL
Jab: Left Punch - Right Punch
Dash Attack: Sliding Kick

-----

TILTS
Side Tilt - Side Kick
Down Tilt - Low Kick
Up Tilt - Jump Kick

-----

SMASHES
Side Smash - Punch (Mario's fsmash w/o fire)
Down Smash - ?
Up Smash - Uppercut

-----

AERIALS
Neutral Air - Sex Kick
Forward Air - Fist Slam
Back Air - Back Punch
Down Air - Diving Kick
Up Air - Upward Kick

-----

NEUTRAL SPECIAL - Grab
Marina grabs hold of whatever is in front of her - projectile, item, hazard or foe!

Left/Right - Marina walks normally (holding heavier objects may slow her down, though!)
Up - Marina jumps (Full hops and double jumps won't be possible while holding something heavy)
Down - Marina crouches

Down > Down (in succession) - Shake, shake! Marina shakes the object up and down, causing various different effects depending on the type of object in question (shaking any type of explosive will set a timer for it, shaking a Super Mushroom will poison it, etc...). Foes will be damaged (like a normal grab pummel).

Neutral-B - Marina drops the object she is holding.
Side-B - Marina launches horizontally off of the object, propelling her and the object away from one another.
Up-B - Marina launches the object above her head - pushing herself down in the process
Down-B - Marina launches the object below her - giving herself a small vertical boost and spiking the foe.

Holding B after scoring a grab will suspend Marina and her target in place for a few seconds - in this state, pressing left or right will cause her to move to the object's opposite side.

This grab can be broken out of in the same way as a standard grab.

-----

SIDE SPECIAL - ?

-----

DOWN SPECIAL - Clanpot
Marina produces a Clanpot, which can be used as a tool to create weapons. It can be thrown around itself, but it's surprising weight prevents it from travelling very far.

Crouching on top of a Clanpot will shuffle and reveals its contents, and pressing 'B' while crouching will pull the top item out of the pot (the top item can be rotated by crouching). If you are holding an object with Marina's special grab, pressing 'B' will instead deposit that object into the pot.

A Clanpot can be held as a normal, heavy item by any character. However, using Marina's special grab on it will allow for weightless maneuverability.

Shaking a Clanpot will mix its contents, and different combinations of objects will create different items:
2 Miscellaneous objects|1 Ninja Star (standard throwing item)
2 Ninja Stars|1 Boomerang (throwing item - returns to place it was thrown from)
2 (or more) explosives|1 Clanbomb (heavy explosive - runs on a timer - size depends on number of explosives used to create it)
2 energy projectiles|1 Gun (similar to Ray Gun)
4 energy projectiles|1 Rocket Launcher (similar to Cracker Launcher)
2 vehicles|1 "Aster's Trike" (similar to Wario's bike)
2 enemies|1 Ghost (flies in place and breathes fire - disappears if attacked)

The created items can be used by any character, not just Marina. The pot's contents is lost if it is thrown off-stage, but it does not disappear when Marina is KO'd. Using down-special again on either side of the pot will re-store it.

-----

UP SPECIAL - Jet-Pack Boost
Marina boosts in any of the cardinal directions. While this doesn't put Marina in special fall and can be performed multiple times in succession; she doesn't gain much height from it. This move also cancels the momentum from her special throws.

-----

FINAL SMASH - Blockman Rises
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcCS3N-VZiQ

Teran falls from the sky, curls into a ball and starts spinning. If Marina grabs Teran, he transforms into Blockman!

Pressing left/right boosts Blockman in that direction, whilst up causes him to swing his arms up and down crouches. Blockman is unable to jump and will fall to his death (with Marina!) if piloted off-stage.

Blockman lasts for a set amount of time, and anyone who makes contact with Blockman while he is active will be hit. Marina is also invincible while the Final Smash is taking place.

-----

OTHER
Entrance - Marina jets in, yelling "STOOOOP!!!"
Victory - Spins around and shouts “Yahoo!”
Taunt - Marina stretches and says “Ah… That’s better.”
Kirby Hat - Marina’s hat and green hair[/COLLAPSE]
I might add pictures at some point.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm remember seeing Mischief makers and advertisements when I was young, but I never played the game.

I'd support the character

Edit: I just watched the linked video

TAS are a REALLY bad example for showing off a game. What about a LP?

JPW

Smash Ace
i actually remember kind of liking this game. Then again I was a teenager when i payed it.

It was something different and really fun. I actually thought with the Wii it could have a perfect follow up.

I think the company that made this went bankrupt on it anyway. So maybe that's why it was never continued.

But yeah i thought i was the only one who would support this. Nice to see there are other out there.

Just watching that clip again.
Oh man just brought back soooo many memories. I used to love the guns. It was such a different type of game very fun. It was actually a birthday gift of my brother's. Kind of sad how i grew to like it more than he did.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm confused. Does Enix (Square) or Nintendo owns her? I've seen that her game was published by different publisers in different regions.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm confused. Does Enix (Square) or Nintendo owns her? I've seen that her game was published by different publisers in different regions.

:phone:
this is true. I did a little research and this game as published by Enix in Japan and Nintendo outside Japan. as far as copyrights go... this character and the game seem to be property of Treasure and Enix (now Square Enix), so she's a third party character.

KingRidley

Smash Rookie
Wow.....I remember this girl and the game she was in. I used to love this game so much......but I just forgot about it since it came out. the N64....had so many great games. Ah, memories.

Probably never going to be in a Smash game.....but she would be awesome. That moveset is good, love the Final Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If she was a Nintendo character, I'd say her chances were minimal, but pretty decent as an AT or something, but as a third party I'd say they're nearly non-existent. With that said, I would love to see Marina in Smash. I remember her game being pretty fun, and she just looks like she would fit so well. I remember being crushed when I found out she wasn't owned or even co-owned by Nintendo. :laugh::urg:

Plus Trouble Maker is an awesome song.

Oh well, she'll always be on my dream list. :ohwell:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yeah, but I usually see Treasure as a developer working for other companies. Don't they need permission of the company with which the game got published, or they are the ones who have say?

For example, they made Sin and Punishment. So they own Saki or Nintendo owns him?

OK, I am now seeing that the game got published originally by Enix; who are now part of Square. (The game got published here via Nintendo, in a similar way as Mega Man 6 did). So Square owns Marina or Treasure?

Pretty much confusing how it is considering some companies have merged or died.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah, but I usually see Treasure as a developer working for other companies. Don't they need permission of the company with which the game got published, or they are the ones who have say?

For example, they made Sin and Punishment. So they own Saki or Nintendo owns him?

OK, I am now seeing that the game got published originally by Enix; who are now part of Square. (The game got published here via Nintendo, in a similar way as Mega Man 6 did). So Square owns Marina or Treasure?

Pretty much confusing how it is considering some companies have merged or died.
Nintendo owns Sin and Punishment. However, Enix shouldn't really have a say unless they also worked on it.

slambros

Smash Ace
I support this character. You can vote for this character or any other character on my new character poll if you want!

AngelicParabola

Smash Rookie
I thought I might bump this thread!

Mischief Makers is one of my favorite N64 titles, and I think Marina would fit in well. Though her chances are low and is third party, I think an appearance may re-energize her popularity and set ground for a possible MM sequel.

Marina would obviously need to be a bit resized and visually upgraded on par with the other ladies, as well.

B - Shake Shake, of course. She would do her signature grab attack, pressing B would cause her to shake for 5% and isn't subject to stale move negation. Pressing any of the directions will cause her to throw them in that direction, and is a strong finisher at high percents. Throw does 10%, and Marina can walk and single jump while holding an enemy.

Side B - Rocket Boost. Marina boosts to the side like Jigglypuff's Pound, but retains all momentum. Does 12%, but susceptible to stale move negation. Can be angled and used for horizontal recovery well.

Up B - Clanball. Upon pressing ^B, Marina appears on a random color Clanball. Holding B afterward allows her to pause in the air for about 3 seconds. You can use this time to pick left or right, releasing B will have you jump in that direction. Does 10% if she hits you on the way up. Average vertical distance.

Down B - Clanpot. I'm not really sure how to incorporate this, I'm thinking either an attack like Oil Panic or an item synthesizer. Though, the item synthing effect might be hard to do in an actual battle.

Marina would have very powerful normal throws as well (considering her talent), but a bad pummel.

Size - A bit shorter than Peach. I don't remember Marina being too tall.
Weight - Middleweight, but heavier than Mario. She is a robot after all.
Falling speed - Pretty quick, considering how fast she fell in-game.
Air speed - Average, definitely easier to move around by using Rocket Boost, though.

That's all I have for now!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
now i'm confused. I know Treasure owns Mischief Makers. Treasure is a second party developer so then Mischief Makers is 2nd party right. many people say it's third party though so what up with that

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
now i'm confused. I know Treasure owns Mischief Makers. Treasure is a second party developer so then Mischief Makers is 2nd party right. many people say it's third party though so what up with that
Treasure is third party.

If Nintendo pays a third party company to make a game for them, that game is second party. (Sin & Punishment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom