• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo For SSB4 - Because Pac-Man's Ghosts Aren't Enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

King Boo would be an amazing character. He has tons of moveset potential and is important enough to be considered. He could have a cool and unique playstile of summoning Boos to attack. Example moveset below, feel free to post your own!

Neutral Special - Summon Boo

King Boo summons a Boo. The Boo chases enemies and does great damage, plus he can only be defeated by Final Smashes and the hammers. There can only be a maximum of three Boos on-screen at a time. The Boos become shy and stop when someone looks at them.

Side Special - Boo Bomb

If there are no Boos on-screen, King Boo launches a Boo forwards, the Boo does great damage to enemies. If there are Boos on-screen, King Boo orders all Boos to fly really fast forwards, and the Boos act like the ones when there are no ones on-screen.

Up Special - Float

King Boo gets free flight for 5 seconds. If you press an attack button during the flight, King Boo will just dodge, so he can't attack during this.

Down Special - Scare

King Boo makes a scary face and enemies facing him are stunned because of fear. If there are Boos on-screen, the Boos make scary faces too.

Final Smash - Ghost Army

King Boo summons a lot of Boos and ghosts from the Luigi's Mansion series. These ghosts keep attacking enemies for a long time.

Moveset by Arigarmy:

1. B - Scare : Basically,you can scare your opponent, It can make your opponent in a shield-break state,if tripping (on ITEMS) do make a comeback,it could "trip" them over,making time for a strong attack.
  2. B Side - Dark Light Balls : In Dark Moon,to revive a hidden item,you have to suck up balls that actually make the item dissapear. Boos can have the power to use them for attacking Luigi,too,if Boos can summon them,then King Boo can do it also.
  3. B Up - Levitate : self explanitary,just float up in the air until "King Boo gets tiny" and it will stop. But sadly,it will probably be slow,and can be interrupted by attacks.
  4. B Down - Spiked Balls : In the King Boo Boss fight in both games,you have to avoid spiked balls. He CAN bring them down,but to avoid them being OP,they can only be used again once the other ball is used up and dissapears
  5. Final Smash A - Colossal Boo : King Boo can form with other boos (or use his crown) to become "Boolosous" in this state,he can just bounce around,smashing enemies for a short time,and will finish from being either attacked too much or the time limit is up.
  6. Final Smash B - Boo Swarm : King Boo will summon Boos,and they will go in all directions,hitting each player at fast distances,and going offscreen,like most final smashes,it will only happen for a brief time,20 seconds tops. Boos can do 3%-10% damage per hit.
Moveset video by HotFeet444:

Counters to Counter Arguments

#1 - King Boo is not important to the Mario series

I don't think so. If Waluigi could be considered important, why couldn't King Boo? He could also represent the Luigi's Mansion series. Take a look at Yoshi and Wario. They are Mario characters, but represent their own franchises. King Boo could do that too.

Supporters list

@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@BluePikmin11
@Cobalsh
@Headcrab Jackalope
@Cpt.
@zkaka3000
@shrooby
@jigglover
@PuffSmash
@artisticgamerxl
@8-bit Man

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I positioned King Boo as an Adventure Mode boss. Anyway, here are two images that you could add onto the primary post; just click on "Edit" on your post to make the changes.

Spin-offs

Luigi's Mansion
[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
That's a very good point and is quite likely if Boo appears in the game.

One problem is that they don't want quantity, they want quality (probably translates to "We don't like the fans negative criticism on cloned movesets") so I don't think we'll even see more than 40, although we will likely lose 2 (Snake and Sonic).

That also means there are limited spots for people to join in each universe (i.e. 1 per universe in SSB4). :)

me9595

Smash Apprentice
Yay someone made a thread about this

I think that he would be able to float like peach does, but his aerials would probably be more powerful and probably slower, i like the idea of the hiding thing when people look at him, i could see it being more of a dodge and retaliate attack like lucarios downb or marths or ikes

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know, I've never really given much thought to a Boo playable character. I'm still half asleep and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how it could work. I always pictured King Boo as a boss character, as others have said.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12092092&postcount=519

Here's a King Boo moveset I made for MYM last year. While it's far too complicated for Sakurai to actually consider, I do feel it has some solid attack concepts that could be used.
You know that moveset is amazing!!!
It really adds a coat of depth to smashes play style

However i wish you could of been designing a boss moveset...
Truly if a smash boss attacked your shield instead of your face!! that would really be an intense battle.

:phone:

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
You know that moveset is amazing!!!
It really adds a coat of depth to smashes play style

However i wish you could of been designing a boss moveset...
Truly if a smash boss attacked your shield instead of your face!! that would really be an intense battle.

I agree, that was a good list for a player. I disagree with the move 'Flicker' (NAir) and the general idea of the 'holding' moves; not powering up, but making magic, floating, etc, last longer. It's a bit like how the infinite dimension glitch worked for Meta Knight.

I think that, at the expense of Boo, a wild Chainchomp could be used as a boss. The chainchomp is really something that isn't debatable as a character - it can only move, tail whip, bump up and down and bump enemies, push and bite people. Good as a boss, not as a player.
If Boo were to put in, its situation could easily be replaced by a far smarter and fiercer Chainchomp.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Yes, I would be pretty interested in seeing King Boo as playable in Sm4sh considering he is my favorite Mario character.

I think an adventure mode boss like mario and sonic guy suggested is more likely though.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'd support King Boo as boss a SSE2 boss and an Assist trophy with his Luigi's Mansion look since he looks more bad***. As for him being in the roster Im not so sure. Bowser Jr. and Waluigi seem to be the next two Martio characters in line.

On the otherside of things King Boo would add to the villians and technically be 2nd Luigi's Mansion rep. But I will stick with him being an AT or a Boss.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I'd support King Boo as boss a SSE2 boss and an Assist trophy with his Luigi's Mansion look since he looks more bad***. As for him being in the roster Im not so sure. Bowser Jr. and Waluigi seem to be the next two Martio characters in line.

On the otherside of things King Boo would add to the villians and technically be 2nd Luigi's Mansion rep. But I will stick with him being an AT or a Boss.
Holy cow i didn't even think of that? Luigis mansion getting a second rep?? I had never considered this because i just assumed that luigi would be paired with mario but... maybe not?
Heck what if we might get three reps from the mansion
luigi, e gads, king boo? It Has a bit of a ring to it

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow i didn't even think of that? Luigis mansion getting a second rep?? I had never considered this because i just assumed that luigi would be paired with mario but... maybe not?
Heck what if we might get three reps from the mansion
luigi, e gads, king boo? It Has a bit of a ring to it

Your right if they do count as a different series then maybe king boo would have a good chance to get in

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice

If they did that, I wonder if they would give Luigi a new "Luigi's Mansion" background instead of the Mario background.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
The King of Ghosts should get s shot! King Boo for SSB4

Behide Bowser and Bowswe Jr, King Boo is the next major Mario Villian. He has been in a number of mario spin off's, but the spot light is on him in the luigi's Mansion series. King Boo was the main Villian in Luigi's Mansion and he will be again in the up coming Luigi's Mansion 3ds game, so its no like hes not relevent. He was also a boss in Super Mario Sunshine. He was also in Mario 64 DS as a boos. Mario has his main Villian bowser so why can'y Luigi get his? King Boo would be a cool way to not only rep Mario's games, but the Luigi's Manison series, within a series haha​

I have some what of a move set that might work

B Special: Lick- King Boo stays in his spot ( Like Wario when he Bits down) and takes out his tongue and licks his foe

B Up special: Much like Sheik ( Or Mewtwo) Boo disappers for a second, and reappers higher in the air

B Side special: Scare- If a foe is close enough, Boo disappers, then reappers behide the foe and lets out his ghosly yell, this then pertrifies the enemy, allowing King Boo to hit them ( Much like Dk's B side Special, they cant move)

B Down Special: Boo Dance- And buch of boos dance around king boo ( like a creepy ring around the rosie's) and this act as a sheild that reflects projectiles

I feel like King Boo gets over looked as a rep, i know hes not as popular as Toad, or recurring as Bowser jr, but hes STILL recurring, and unique

and for some reason the pictuer won't show :( but i think we all know what he looks like hahaha

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What about a Final Smash? Would his Down B Special be like Zelda's Naryu's Love? I think he should also have a different Neutral B Special, maybe a bite. The Lick just doesn't seem... right.
But otherwise i could so see him.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
What about a Final Smash? Would his Down B Special be like Zelda's Naryu's Love? I think he should also have a different Neutral B Special, maybe a bite. The Lick just doesn't seem... right.
But otherwise i could so see him.
Maybe his final smash could be, he gets into a big fake bowser (like in Luigi's Mansion) and you control him? And thank you for the pictuer

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
hey you never know, there was already a luigi's Mansion Level in brawl, way before this new Luigi's Manison for the 3ds was coming out. So maybe they thought about it. He could even have a Costume change were he changes Crowns

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You could say King Boo...

...doesn't have a ghost of a chance.

Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged flashbacks...

But anyway, isn't there already a King Boob thread?

EDIT: FFFF....You know what, that typo's staying...

EDIT2: Never mind...it merged.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Even though Luigi has his own series, he's still considered to be a Super Mario franchise character. Does that help?
Thats silly, Warios 1st appearance was in Super MARIO land 2: 6 Golden Coins. So technically hes a Mario charaters, but he reps his spin off. Same goes for Yoshi

Luigi can do it

Unlikely.....yes. But they can suerly do it

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's not really our call though, since Luigi has spent more time appearing in the Super Mario games than in his own games.

Anyway, I suggest that you continue this debate at the Luigi thread, as this is a thread for discussing about King Boo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This is AMERICA, you have to earn good ideas, not have others hand them out to you like some kind of communist.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If all was well in the world and King Boo became the sixth Mario rep, after Bowser Jr., do you think he'd use his Luigi's Mansion design, with the blue tongue and ruby crown, or the spin-off design where he's a regular Boo with a generic crown?

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
If all was well in the world and King Boo became the sixth Mario rep, after Bowser Jr., do you think he'd use his Luigi's Mansion design, with the blue tongue and ruby crown, or the spin-off design where he's a regular Boo with a generic crown?
If they decide to base his appearance off Luigi's Mansion, even though he originated and is heavily used in Mario series, then use the blue tongue/ruby crown.

Wario originated in the Mario series, yet they based their design of him on Wario's series (despite still being in SSBB as a member of the Mario series).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Behide Bowser and Bowswe Jr, King Boo is the next major Mario Villian. He has been in a number of mario spin off's, but the spot light is on him in the luigi's Mansion series. King Boo was the main Villian in Luigi's Mansion and he will be again in the up coming Luigi's Mansion 3ds game, so its no like hes not relevent. He was also a boss in Super Mario Sunshine. He was also in Mario 64 DS as a boos. Mario has his main Villian bowser so why can'y Luigi get his? King Boo would be a cool way to not only rep Mario's games, but the Luigi's Manison series, within a series haha​

I have some what of a move set that might work

B Special: Lick- King Boo stays in his spot ( Like Wario when he Bits down) and takes out his tongue and licks his foe

B Up special: Much like Sheik ( Or Mewtwo) Boo disappers for a second, and reappers higher in the air

B Side special: Scare- If a foe is close enough, Boo disappers, then reappers behide the foe and lets out his ghosly yell, this then pertrifies the enemy, allowing King Boo to hit them ( Much like Dk's B side Special, they cant move)

B Down Special: Boo Dance- And buch of boos dance around king boo ( like a creepy ring around the rosie's) and this act as a sheild that reflects projectiles

I feel like King Boo gets over looked as a rep, i know hes not as popular as Toad, or recurring as Bowser jr, but hes STILL recurring, and unique

and for some reason the pictuer won't show :( but i think we all know what he looks like hahaha
Loool i support King Boo

but him or Kamek..?

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I would love King Boo as a character, as his moveset potential could be very original. However I dont believe he should be on the launch roster of Sm4sh. King Boo would make an excellent DLC character. Id' buy right away! (if DLC will happen)

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo should be sure to get a majority of their major and most well-known characters in SSB (whether in the Vanilla version or as DLC) as well as fairly unknown characters so they will be able to put off scavenging for new characters for upcoming instalments, like Sony will be for their next PSASBR.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I would love King Boo as a character, as his moveset potential could be very original. However I dont believe he should be on the launch roster of Sm4sh. King Boo would make an excellent DLC character. Id' buy right away! (if DLC will happen)
I agree I think King Boo would be better as DLC,Rather than being a launch character he would be a good second rep to Luigi.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
To be honest, I think King Boo should be a support-character that is accessed through the assist trophy. I'm not saying he doesn't fit as a character, but it seems more logical that, if he's included, he should be an assist trophy character.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be honest, I think King Boo should be a support-character that is accessed through the assist trophy. I'm not saying he doesn't fit as a character, but it seems more logical that, if he's included, he should be an assist trophy character.
Maybe.
Though I would like him to be in it just to make Luigi's Mansion an official stand alone series like Wario, Donkey Kong and Yoshi.
Also, 4 Kings (Koopa, Boo, K. Rool, Dedede)... What's next? King Hippo?
KING GHIDORAH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom