• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AL - Smiths Station Smash II results

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Smiths Station Smash II Results - Smiths Station, AL - 7/7/2012
Thanks to everyone for coming out.

Brawl Doubles:
[COLLAPSE="Round Robin Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Got Item? (Player-1 :diddy: and Spade :marth:) $10 ($1 per person, winners take all)
2. The Bloodline (Raf:dk2: and Reflex :pt:)
3.Too Many Doobies (StarX and DP)
4. Tacos of Illicitness (Shark :ike: and TY :falco:)
5. Demons of Bored Hominess (JTMerrel :ness2: and Tre- :lucario:)

Project M Singles:
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. Reflex :wario: $24
2. DP :mario2: :falco: $12
3. Spade :ike: $4
4. Player-1 :rob:
5. Alternate :fox:
5. M3t :gw:
7. Cam :sheik:
7. rIKEr :mario2:

Brawl Singles:
[COLLAPSE="Pools"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]
1. TheReflexWonder :wario: :pt: $125
2. Raf (Elev8) :popo: :dedede: $60
3. Player-1 :diddy: $25
4. Spade :marth: $10
5. Cam :pikachu2:
5. rIKEr :ike: :falco:
7. AML?! :gw:
7. Hichez :lucario:
9. M3t :gw:
9. Peru :wario:
9. JTMerrel :ness2: :link2: :rob:
9. TY :falco:
13. Nytez :falco:
13. Tre- :lucario:
13. Blue :wolf: :olimar:
13. Shark :ike:
17. Wario Bros. :wario:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Player-1 used R.O.B. in Project M. Alternate used Fox. Ryker used Mario.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Haha you put the Falco icon next to my name in the Project M results. Used Mario...I wish I could use spacies lol. Had a great time!

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Fun tournament and friendlies! Thanks for your house as well, Mr. Torres :) Guess I gotta aim for top 5 next tiiiiiime.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Thanks everyone for an excellent time at my first OOS tournament.

@ryker
next time I won't make the same mistakes so be prepared. I was reflecting about the stuff you said after our tournament match.

@spade I'm already anxious to play you again. The games were so close. *FSMASH

Also thanks for the housing reflex.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm glad everyone seems to have had a good time. That's what I strive for. :)

Hopefully the next one will be bigger.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
It was a fun tournament. I'm a little salty about being planked, but it didn't ruin my whole day. I'll post shoutouts later.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I had a great time, even though I got in last place (reminder, I'm Wolf McBlue's brother). It's obvious I never had the amount of practice or experience as the rest of the other guys but all that matter was I had fun. Definitely going to do this again.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Gotta get past me first.
Very true! Interestingly, the only other time we've faced each other in a brawl singles tournament (that I recall) was over a year ago, and I barely beat your falco/mk combo in pools. So we're 1-1 in tourney sets with your ike 2-0ing me haha. You did such a good job with the character yesterday, even against ice climbers, that I must commend that. I can't wait to see how you perform next tournament, and I will certainly give you a more challenging set next time regardless of your character, sir.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament glad I was able to drive down and able to bring my twin. I hope we will have more time and ppl to do 8 online mario kart 7 next time. Alright Shoutout time:

@Reflex fun tournament and always hanging with you again, can't wait for the next tournament Mr. President. Also can you feel it now Mr. Krabs?
@Cam I need to work on my Olimar so I don't have to be so scared of your pikachu as much. Good matches being first time fighting each other in brackets
@JTMerrel Your Ness is so good, I was having a hard time second round we had to fight but still good show
@TY We seem to fight at each tournament lol. Keep working on your falco and you will be as good as Kismet
@Alias Good seeing you again and those friends we did were so fun and good practice to shake the rust and salt off lol
@Shark Keep fighting for your friends
@AML?! I will learn the secrets against the G&M matchup but still had fun time with us commentating while we were fighting each other

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Luis!
Fun tournament. Thanks for letting us stay as well, sorry we had to leave so early and didn't say goodbye.
I'll post shoutouts latter.

Oh. I also played Link and Rob in pools. I used Ness only in Bracket.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I had fun playing Brawl/Mario Kart with everyone on Saturday! Everyone should bring their 3DS to future tournaments so we can do it again.

Shoutouts:

1. TheReflexWonder :wario: :pt:
Thanks so much for hosting the tournament for everybody! It was fun playing you in pools and in Mario Kart. Also, tell your Mom that the cupcakes were really good!

2. Raf (Elev8) :popo: :dedede:
It was nice seeing you again, and getting to play teams before the tournament started.

3. Player-1 :diddy:
We didn't really get to play much, but it was nice seeing you again. Also, you and Spade are a pretty scary team to have to face....

4. Spade :marth:
It was fun riding down with you like usual, and congrats on winning teams and placing well in everything overall.

Thanks so much for the ride down! It's nice when somebody besides myself or Ben can drive down to something.

Our match in brackets was really close game 1! That was really impressive that you pulled it out in the end with Ike. It was fun playing, and I learned a few things from our match.

I had a lot of fun getting to know you better and playing friendlies/Mario Kart. I hope to see you again soon this summer!

It was nice playing you for the first time since we've never run into each other in brackets before.

Good games man. I had you in friendlies, and then you came back in pools and beat me. Even though he can be hard to play competitively at times, Ness is one of the coolest characters in the game so keep up the good work!

It was nice getting to see you again, and I'm glad you were able to bring your brother along. I still don't know why I went DK game 3, but we live and learn I suppose. You have definitely improved your Wolf since the last time we faced each other.

It was really fun playing teams with you! Teams are a lot of fun to me, and I'd be willing to team again anytime.

17. Wario Bros
It was really nice getting to know you, and I hope you enjoyed your first tournament! Don't worry about your placement because nobody does well at their first tournament. I sure didn't... (I didn't beat anybody and got my only "win" due to forfeit) I had fun playing Mario Kart with you as well, and hopefully we can play online sometime.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I had fun playing Brawl/Mario Kart with everyone on Saturday! Everyone should bring their 3DS to future tournaments so we can do it again.

Shoutouts:

7. Wario Bros
It was really nice getting to know you, and I hope you enjoyed your first tournament! Don't worry about your placement because nobody does well at their first tournament. I sure didn't... (I didn't beat anybody and got my only "win" due to forfeit) I had fun playing Mario Kart with you as well, and hopefully we can play online sometime.
Thanx! Yeah, great to see all of you too. And I ain't mad/upset on how bad I was since I completely understand I lack experience and practice. And looking at my matches again I do see some common flaws I repeatedly made so I know a little better 'bout myself.

And yes, we all need to bring Mario Kart and our 3DS's to compete after the tourney! :awesome:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Shoutouts (finally):

1. Reflex :wario: You are such a nice guy. You win the tournament like every time and don't brag about it. You stayed and mopped the floors after without telling anyone, and you let 3 Georgians stay at your house (my limit is 2). I hope the community realizes how lucky it is to have you as the top player.

2. Elev8 :popo: :dedede: I can never get mad at your in tournament, even when you use ICs; you are just too friendly for that. I feel like I know what I have to do in that matchup but I don't have a lot of experience doing it. When I get back to Auburn, we should get together more and play. By the way, I have no idea why you went D3 in pools. He's really bad against Pikachu. Congrats on getting 2nd. I can't wait to see loser's finals uploaded.

3. Player-1 :diddy: You tell me how to beat Diddy, and I'll reciprocate with Pikachu secrets. That's the deal.

4. Spade :marth: :toonlink: Okay, I know I raged and yada-yada-yada, but our set was closer than it's ever been. I will get you eventually, and I will ban Brinstar and maybe even go Marth. I didn't go Marth this time because I hadn't played him all day, and I figured I'd be rusty.

5. Cam :pikachu2: Fifth isn't too shabby. Representing the chu like no one else within 300 miles can.

5. rIKEr :ike: :falco: Okay, I'm legitimately surprised that you manned up and went Ike most of the tournament. I'm even more surprised that it worked. My tip of the hat to you can be noted in that I requested critique for you on the Ike forums, and in that I spelled your name "rIKEr" in every video I uploaded.

7. AML?! :gw: I think you did worse this time because you killed yourself :( Good games regardless. You can certainly beat me, but you need to know more about the matchup first, and unfortunately, there aren't that many people to learn it from in our region.

7. Hichez :lucario: I'm glad to see a Lucario player finally. I thought they had all died out. Really amazing match against Spade's Diddy. I hope to see you at more tournaments in the future. AL will always open its doors to GA players.

9. M3t :gw: Thanks for the friendlies after the tournament ended. I really needed more practice with my PT.

9. Peru :wario: I feel really lousy about the way our set went because you were on the phone for a long time and probably completely cold by the time we played. Meanwhile, I was playing friendlies with Luis and Raf. I think you have a lot of potential to move up the ranks, but you need more practical experience at adapting to your opponent, and you also need to break a few bad habits. Overall though, you are a really solid player.

9. JTMerrel :ness2: We debated whether to wake you up or not. I kept looking over and thinking, "nah, he probably has to drive later, and it's better he sleep here than behind the wheel."

9. TY :falco: Good job beating Shark and getting 9th. You are on the fringes of winning a lot more tournament matches; I can tell from watching your videos (like you vs. rIKEr game 1).

13. Blue :wolf: Thanks for helping out when I needed you to, and thanks for repping SC. My door will always be open for you and your brother if you come to tournaments near me.

13. Shark :ike: You need to come practice with us more so next time you can wreck Reflex and M3t. This involves checking Facebook though.

17. Wario Bros. :wario: I'm glad you enjoyed your first tournament. Most people are disappointed at their first tournament because they think they are the "best player on their block," so obviously they will wreck everyone there. They come in against players who have been in the competitive scene for 3 years and get wrecked. But you didn't have that attitude at all, and you seemed to legitimately have a good time. I hope to see you at another one!

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
1. TheReflexWonder :wario: :pt: $125
Once again, TheWonder, Thank you for letting us stay. I would really like to play you more often. Maybe teach me some PT/Wario stuff. It's be quite the joy. Might help me with that matchup next time.

2. Raf (Elev8) :popo: :dedede: $60
Good Games. I thought I might actually beat your Fox, but... There seemed to be a wall where I was aiming for. I'll get you and your ICs next time.

3. Player-1 :diddy: $25
Hope you had a fun time riding in the vehicle, although you were crushed by AML?! and Hichez. You'll beat Reflex next time though. I see it happening.

4. Spade :marth: $10
Didn't get to play you or really talk to you much, but congratulations on getting 4th, homie.

Haha. Thank you for at least considering waking me up. I wouldn't have minded though. At any time, if there might be a P:M or Brawl Tournament, please wake me up. Just for future reference, ya know.

Nice seeing you again, rIKEr. We never play each other! We need to get some friendlies in, man. I would like to play your falco.

Not much to say about you... Nah. I'm kidding. I enjoyed our matches this time. I didn't get mad at it because I was expecting to get beat anyway. We really need to play MANY Many friendlies so I can get that G&W down. Also, I had fun riding with you.

7. Hichez :lucario:
You... Great Lucario. I tried so hard to keep a distance, but when I needed to kill, I could not get in. You play so defensively and it is ridiculous! Keep it up. Gonna be Number 1 soon.

Good friendlies. It has been a while since we have played. Maybe we'll play in a tournament one day.

9. Peru :wario:
That Wario is getting better! Just keep it up and you'll be winning these tournaments. We need to play some more friendlies though.

Proud of you, homie.

9. TY :falco:
Good Games, TY. You're getting better and those friendlies, you were getting me. I was thinking you might win the pool matches as well. Don't exactly remember how you did in them, but you should keep it up. Keep practicing and you'll get better.

13. Nytez :falco:
I didn't play you, or even watch you. I don't think we've even met before. Just keep coming to tournaments I guess? Maybe we'll even play.

13. Tre- :lucario:
Tre got dat *** whooped. I'm going to keep practicing with you though. Maybe pick up on some Lucario stuff myself to show you. Maybe Hichez could show you some things as well. I am happy you got to come. It was fun chatting with you on the way there and back. Anyway, we'll probably play again very soon. Hope you had a grand time.
Oh and next time... Don't kill yourself in doubles.

Blue! You're getting there buddy. Just try and change up some things. Don't focus on BAir the whole time and try to catch people offguard with your smashes. You have potential and you have gotten much better than the first time I saw you play. Keep it up.

My buddy, Shark. You are a good Ike, in my opinion. I just think you should probably pick up on a couple of other characters for Ike's big disadvantages, ya know? I really didn't get to play you other than Doubles. We'll play next time though.

Hey! Good job for you first tournament. I am sure your brother can teach you a couple of things though. One thing that might help you maybe is do not use neutral B when they are at a good distance. Maybe jump over them and use it. It works well that way. Just keep it up!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hey! Good job for you first tournament. I am sure your brother can teach you a couple of things though. One thing that might help you maybe is do not use neutral B when they are at a good distance. Maybe jump over them and use it. It works well that way. Just keep it up!
Yeah, I noticed that when I was rewatching one of my matches (haven't seen the other yet). I can't remember why I spammed Chomp: I didn't really did that when I was playing with my bro back at home. Another thing I need to work on is when I'm near to the stage floor I need to get on the Wario Bike, jump off, and then Corkscrew. But yeah, I learned so much from my first tourney.

keyonara

Smash Rookie
i realy enyoed m self at my first tormment i had a blast i hope i see yall soon

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Wow never thought Smiths would have a tournament. I live in Columbus GA, looking for a SMASH tourney n can't find one nearby

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Wow never thought Smiths would have a tournament. I live in Columbus GA, looking for a SMASH tourney n can't find one nearby
These events used to be a lot more frequent, but Mr. Reflexwonder also lives in Columbus, GA, so maybe you can play some friendlies with him and travel to tournaments together?!

Top Bottom