• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big Bosses of Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airik

Smash Rookie
What better way to fight than with the bosses themselves?
How about some support for the bosses of smash, and being able to play as them!

Obviously their moves will be pretty much identical to what we've already seen, except the players will be the ones in control making crazy hand roll around like a llama on a beach.

I'm sure as we all know, they would more than likely be incredibly OP, but I'm thinking what if they were either toned down a bit for normal play, or they enter a normal match with hit points and must be ko'd that way. If not then it would still be fun to have a special mode where you get to play as the bosses anyway. :chuckle:
thoughts?

An after thought that occurred, some characters that you guys think would be suitable bosses in the game whether playable or not!​

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Actually this could be possible as a mini-game. The person with the Wii pad controls the boss while the other players fight it. The only problem would be a character spamming moves (e.g. hand roll). You could have a meter that when you use the move you have to wait for it to recharge before using it again.

Airik

Smash Rookie
Actually this could be possible as a mini-game. The person with the Wii pad controls the boss while the other players fight it. The only problem would be a character spamming moves (e.g. hand roll). You could have a meter that when you use the move you have to wait for it to recharge before using it again.
I like this idea!
Having a cool down time in between moves would make it more fair and more like the bosses in-game. I've noticed that when the boss performs a big move, they often wait a few moments before attacking again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That might seem rather tough to implement for certain bosses. It could take advantage of the Wii U Game Pad though.

Airik

Smash Rookie
I think there are certain bosses that the gamers deserve to get to play as. master hand has been around since the original smash, and Ive always loved the idea of getting to play as him, without hax :awesome: but agreed some bosses would be too difficult to control. I think master hand/crazy hand, rayquaza, possibly riddley, and tabuu would be good bets.

Airik

Smash Rookie
lol. in the next smash game seeing as its their first playable intro, I feel they would keep the boss characters to a smaller amount seeing as they will already be so strong. so if it was between meta and normal riddley, who should be picked? it seems each is somewhat unique in its own way. normal ridley reminds me of master hand with a gust attack, and meta seems to have projectiles, and attacks the stage to inflict damage.

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
Yes! I had this idea before! It's the only way to make Ridley a playable character and shut everybody up about him. We can also have other new characters like Lugia (Pokemon), Metal Face (Xenoblade), Andross (Star Fox), and Medusa (Kid Icarus).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, what you do is what Capcom did.

First you release one version with no bosses playable, than you release a new version for the same price WITH the bosses playable. Than you add 2 or 3 more versions, each with slight balance changes and MAYBE 1 or 2 characters added.

Smash Bros, Super Smash Bros, Turbo Smash Bros, Hyper Smash Bros

Airik

Smash Rookie

First you release one version with no bosses playable, than you release a new version for the same price WITH the bosses playable. Than you add 2 or 3 more versions, each with slight balance changes and MAYBE 1 or 2 characters added.

my sides! :laugh:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

And Sakurai decided to start over the game to avoid it becoming something like that. With my approval.
I think the bosses in this game would better stay big and unplayable, but frigging cool and enjoyable to fight with. Duon is my favourite one in Brawl. I like to make it being hit by his own missiles.
I think it would be cool to fight with Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily. First each alone, then together for the second round, and in the middle of the fight they merge their two flying machines together into a big mecha.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dude you're such a genious and that's totally something that the Wii U gamepad was made for!
Man now I'm totally stoked thinking this is a huge possibility!

Also to the dude who posted above me, A Dr. Eggman & Dr. Wily team up would be way too much 3rd party fanservice for me to take in all at once. So beutuful ;_;

jigglover

Smash Lord
This is a great idea, the problem is, is that this is pretty much the definition of 'I'm going to hack this.' This means that anyone who can hack will hack... Rayquaza to use in regular battle and online.

Airik

Smash Rookie
This is a great idea, the problem is, is that this is pretty much the definition of 'I'm going to hack this.' This means that anyone who can hack will hack... Rayquaza to use in regular battle and online.
Maybe it will encourage them to step up their online play. Because brawls was pretty much a joke if you ask me. can you say lag city? :glare:

If not then let the sizzling of frying, crackling rayquaza bits fall where they may. engarde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom