• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im coming back for your ***, *****aaaaaaaa

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Im coming back for your ***, *****aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2625 W. BASELINE RD., TEMPE, AZ 85283

Room: 206/207 (located on the second floor, in the building closest to Baseline Rd.)

Head T.O. KiraFlax (Kevin) 480 294 9440
Head T.O. RaveRemix (Luis) 480 522 6912

Schedule
12:00pm- Friendlies/Warmups
1:00pm- Doubles
4:00pm- Singles (Pools/Double Elimination Bracket)

Entry Fees
Singles: $5/Per Person
Doubles: $5/Per Person
Project M: $3/Per Person

Payouts
Singles:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th

Doubles:
1st
2nd
3rd

Rule Set: Japanese
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off
9. No standing infinites for stalling purposes
10. No bugs/glitches of any kind
11.No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
12. Ledge grab limit of 50
13. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 13:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.
[There is one other exception, but I don't understand it. I'll update this once I get a clarification from RAIN, or if someone else can figure out what it means from the Japanese version.]
14. Double MK is banned

Set Format:
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.

Stages:
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpicks
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Yummy and I are tearing **** up this time around.

And this will be the start of my moving up on the PR.

Saffy

Smash Ace
YAY!!!!!!!! <3

I'll be here :) Who wants to team?

BTW My peach is going to go in even harder this tournament so look out :D

:phone:

Jar'd

Smash Ace
This title, looooool. Infraction np np

I might go if my friends want to. Bringing a sf setup if we do so we don't fact to rely on black and blacker to remember anything.

:phone:

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if I'll be able to go, but I'll bring a t.v if I can figure it out.
Also, think I'm the only guy from Peoria . . .

Almost Infinite

Smash Rookie
Hi, I live in Phoenix and am very new to the Smash scene. I have like 19 hours time played in brawls (75 hours total play time) which I'm sure is miniscule compared to others. Do you reccomend I still come? Would it be fun for me?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Hi, I live in Phoenix and am very new to the Smash scene. I have like 19 hours time played in brawls (75 hours total play time) which I'm sure is miniscule compared to others. Do you reccomend I still come? Would it be fun for me?
Don't worry, everyone has to start somewhere.

I won't lie to you, when you first come out it'll probably feel a little overwhelming with some of the player skill you'll see, however you'll improve much quicker with us and also have a blast while doing so. I would definitely recommend you come out, have some friendlies and get acquainted with our scene.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Room 206/207 has already been claimed by another organization, so we're gonna be getting Room 201 + 202 for this tourney. Unfortunately they're not joined together, but they'll fit us all at least.

Please let's try to stay on schedule and get poop done, I don't want to wait until midnight to see the Grand Finals.
Especially now that Grand Finals is actually worth looking forward to. :D

Saffy

Smash Ace
Guys, this next tourney PLEASE save matches on my wii ._. I only had around 9 matches saved total. Most just friendlies. I will put up a sign on the tv to remind you xD.
I will be bringing a full set up again.

Also I may be bringing a few friends to this one, just to try to see if they would be interested in joining the scene. ^^ I think it'd be cool if we could expand our scene to like 30 entrants or even 40 in the upcoming months. Arizona has a pretty big scene ... well atleast compared to Missouri we had like 5-6 entrants for brawl singles.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
YESS I finaly can make it to one, getting the day off from work and just need permission now.

I'm going to try to bring a bunch of people, I've hosting a smashfest tomorrow and I'll drop the question then. We're looking at like 10 more brawl and 4-5 for P:M.

Hype.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
i might actually go to this one. if i do im staying for singles and im gonna break some skulls!!!

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of friends that play brawl as well, but they don't want to get into the competitive scene because they don't think they are "good enough."

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
most likely gonna be there. i have the day off work. SMILEY U BETTER BE THERE WE ARE GONNNA REMATCH!!!!!! saffy we have to play again i want another chance to try and beat u

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
If I can make it, I'll bring my wii. Still no TV, been waiting on my friend to give it up. I changed my results sxreen to say "save replay" hopefully people will remember.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I am thinking about bringing like 4 pizza's with me .. I don't think that'll be enough for everyone but I am more than welcome to share :).
I would make fried chicken ... but I'm kinda lazy! :[

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
yeah im going to this for sure! ahahaha this is gonna be sick, i heard there is another wario to? i like to play him. I want my title as best wario in AZ awhahwhwhwahahahahaha

Napos

Smash Ace
Lets pretend i live in Tombstone.

Best luigi walking over graves!

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Yep, looks like I'm missing this tournament unfortunately due to work.

See you guys at the next one, I think it's in Tucson right?

Top Bottom