• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Insane King of the Twilight Realm-- Zant! Usurps a slot in SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
That's right. Zant. Usurper King of the Twilight Realm's Throne.

And here comes the memories. Yes. Zant is a character that is very hard to forget.
Such a unique villain of the series. One who originally had good intentions, but was driven insane.
Completely insane.
So what could this wacko bring to Smash Bros?

His moveset would be very floaty.
Most likely with some ability of flight. However, he's also heavy and fast.
The closest thing we have to this combination is Wario.

Projectiles

Red and Black orbs of Dark Twili magic doesn't get you excited?
Hmmm...

Well the character has many gimmicks.

Such as, warping to new battlefields... however this would most likely be reduced to a recovery.

More coming "very" soon!

[collapse=HYRULE WARRIORS]

Zant is the usurper king of the Twilight Realm. Once Cia used the Gate of Souls to open a portal to his era, Zant was free to continue his shadowy misdeeds in Hyrule and beyond.

He may look rather calm at a first glance, but his true nature is very frantic. He will go into fits of hysteria once he’s driven into a corner or doesn’t get his way. Dual-wielding scimitars is Zant’s style, allowing him to swing wildly about or dash with intent toward his enemies. He also possesses a great deal of magical attacks, so approach him with extreme caution.[/collapse]

[collapse=Original OP, by bomber14]
Now there's a lot of people that are deciding zant or ghirahim and honestly i would prefer zant but wouldn't mind ghirahim.

WHY OVER GHIRAHIM

Well i liked his design better and just feel like playing him would be more fun. His personality was weird but kind of amusing i guess. He had a great boss fight making you use a lot of your weapons.

here is a move set I just made for him.

SPECIALS

standard B - shoots the purple stuff which i do not know what they are
up B - has an extra boost and spins rapidly with his swords out
side B - charges with his duel wield swords swinging rapidly
down B - spinds fast with his swords out

STANDARD

standard A - a qucik slap which can be repeated fast
tilt forward - backhands you which can break a bubble shield
tilt up - small kick which his swung upwards
tilt down - swings his legs at your feet which may cause you to trip
charge - running and swipes one of his swords to the side

SMASHES

side smash - swipes his sword diagnoly and clicking A again cause another hit witht the other sword
up smash - swings a sword up followed by the other one
down smash - swings one sword to the left and the other to the right hitting someone on either side of him

GRABS

foward grab - just throws him forward
backwards throw - quickly turns around and swings his sword as someone is being tossed
upward toss - throws someone up while zant is spinning which could cause dizzieness in the air
downard throw - throws you in a twilight portal which appears below him and will then appear at the top of the screen which someone will fall from.

FINAL SMASH

shadow beast charge - A big group of shadow beast are called in to charge through the stage

there why I want zant and a moveset i have made for him. here are some videos
approaching zant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZb0wUMyXgc
death of zant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqUCO0LN_Fk&feature=related
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, Id prefer this guy over any new LoZ rep:

I would say the order of likely secondary LoZ villains goes as such:

Ghiraham
Skull Kid
Zant

Mostly due to relevancy; especially if they do a Majoras Mask 3D update.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My consensus, if they wanted to include a second villain in Smash, they would of started it back in Melee with Skull Kid, Zante in SSBB, and Ghirahim in Smash 4.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is pretty amusing to see Zant change from a cunning and cool villain, into a wacky psycho. Anyway, seeing as Zant is a one-time only character, and a mere puppet to Ganondorf, I doubt that he'll make it as a playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite of the 3 or 4 OTHER villains is still the Skull Kid

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Zant would be cool but I think Ghirahim is more likely because he is in a newer Zelda game. (Also, has anyone made a Demise thread yet?)

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Zant would be cool but I think Ghirahim is more likely because he is in a newer Zelda game. (Also, has anyone made a Demise thread yet?)
Not that I know of and is there a way to make a poll like zant vs ghirahim

Sheck

Smash Cadet
Meh, Zant was cool but a lot of Zelda fans had a bad taste left in their mouth over the whole "Oh look. Zant was just a goofy ***** and Ganondorf is actually the boss" thing.

David Bowie Ghirahim is actually pretty funny at times, and was a cool bad guy on his own. I think Nintendo would be more likely to choose him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention Zant missed his boat in Brawl, in my opinion.

andimidna

Smash Master
Bump after YEARS!

Zant is secretly my 2nd most wanted Zelda newcomer after Midna. Beating my want for Ghirahim by only 0.5%
I don't see him getting in over Midna and Ghirahim...
BUT I SUPPORT!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Zelda bosses:

13. Malladus the demon king
12. Bellumbeck (Only ahead of Malladus for being part Linebeck)
11. Ghirahim (Lame pre-evolved vaati)
10. Horsehead
9. Link's Awakening Fish
8. Veran
7. Onox
6. Zant
5. Agnahim
4. Yuga
3. Vaati
2. Ganon
1. Demise

Frankly, I just want Vaati, but Four Swords Adventures and Minish Cap came out at the best times for me.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
10. Horsehead
9. Link's Awakening Fish
8. Veran
7. Onox
6. Zant
5. Agnahim
4. Yuga
3. Vaati
2. Ganon
1. Demise
This list gave me AIDS.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This list gave me AIDS.
And your attempt at 'constructive' criticism of my opinions gave me suspicions your comment was unnecessary, but if you have your own Zelda boss ranking, have a go on it and we can see where our opinions differ?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Bump after YEARS!
Realize there's no other thread for him, but don't bump for the sake of bumping. Personally I would have made a new thread, or kept the discussion in the OCDT.

And no need to drag the other boss talk out in here, guys. Leave it be, and don't go tearing each other apart over preferences.

andimidna

Smash Master
Zelda bosses:

10. Horsehead
9. Link's Awakening Fish
8. Veran
7. Onox
6. Zant
5. Agnahim
4. Yuga
3. Vaati
2. Ganon
1. Demise

Frankly, I just want Vaati, but Four Swords Adventures and Minish Cap came out at the best times for me.
Ooh, this sounds fun.

18. Gohma
17. Death Sword
16. King Bulblin
15. Blizzeta
14. Stallord
13. Ganon
12. Onox
11. Dark Link
10. Ganondorf
9. Vaati
8. Zelda
7. Majora
6. Yuga
5. Skull Kid
4. Veran
3. Twinrova
2. Ghirahim
1. Zant

Haven't encountered the others.
I would LOVE to make a Zant moveset sometime. He has a lot to work with.
That won't be posted for a while though.
Realize there's no other thread for him, but don't bump for the sake of bumping. Personally I would have made a new thread, or kept the discussion in the OCDT.

And no need to drag the other boss talk out in here, guys. Leave it be, and don't go tearing each other apart over preferences.
Oh, sorry.
It is worth noting Zant's competition though.
I also really won't have time in the next few weeks to make a thread, and don't feel the need to own the OP anyways. It was different with Midna.
And I thought the thread deserved some attention. Zant was a great boss, not sure what else I could have said in the OCDT.

Smady

Smash Master
I like Zant. I support Zant. The OP of this thread seems more than dead, may I suggest you take over and improve it, @ andimidna andimidna ?

Zant may not have all the potential of Ghirahim, but h's a way cooler personality and unique minion. Really felt as if they tried to invent a new sort of Aghanim to the franchise that was both subservient and self-centred. There's a tonne of hidden depth to the character and they leave it very open to interpretation what his motives truly are, which is what makes it a bit of a shame he got a lot of flack for being "underwhelming." Although I did like TP Ganondorf too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh, sorry.
It is worth noting Zant's competition though.
I also really won't have time in the next few weeks to make a thread, and don't feel the need to own the OP anyways. It was different with Midna.
And I thought the thread deserved some attention. Zant was a great boss, not sure what else I could have said in the OCDT.
Fair enough.

If anyone else wants the OP/to remake this thread, let me know.

andimidna

Smash Master
I like Zant. I support Zant. The OP of this thread seems more than dead, may I suggest you take over and improve it, @ andimidna andimidna ?

Zant may not have all the potential of Ghirahim, but h's a way cooler personality and unique minion. Really felt as if they tried to invent a new sort of Aghanim to the franchise that was both subservient and self-centred. There's a tonne of hidden depth to the character and they leave it very open to interpretation what his motives truly are, which is what makes it a bit of a shame he got a lot of flack for being "underwhelming." Although I did like TP Ganondorf too.
I actually think Zant was more inspired off Onox rather than Aghanim.

And sure, I wasn't sure at first, but I could probably fix up the OP.
Yea... I'd like to fix up this thread.
I already have the new title.

Smady

Smash Master
Really nice start, and that render is awesome. I always like an argument section, Zant's should be fairly short. Just "muh relevance" and "one-off villain".

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing twilight princess. I don't know why. But zany is such a badass villain til u meet him in the end, his chances are small but I would prefer him over ghirahim

andimidna

Smash Master
I was just playing twilight princess. I don't know why. But zany is such a badass villain til u meet him in the end, his chances are small but I would prefer him over ghirahim
Yes, I think we can all agree his chances are low.

He's a "want character" not a "chance character"
I hope he's at least a boss though.
He's the perfect penultimate boss.
Uses the attacks and fighting styles used in every previous boss battle, and the final boss after him can be completely different.

I'll complete the OP this weekend hopefully.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'll go ahead and throw in my support. Seeing that they're keeping the Twilight Princess theme, I wouldn't say it's out of the question, but Zant is rather unlikely.

andimidna

Smash Master
Thanks for the bump, I've been meaning to come back here.
I'll take this off your hands, but you probably want it.
If you want it, you can have it.
I thought I was going to have time to update but that never happened.
And with Midna as an assist I'm doubting Zant even more than before.
So feel free to ask a mod for this thread.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I actually thought Zant was a pretty cool villain. His design is unique and interesting, and most of the time he is a cold and cunning villain. I will admit, I was somewhat bewildered by his drastic change in personality at the end, but I got over it.

That being said, however, I can only see Zant making it in as an Assist Trophy at best. He could temporarily change the stage into the Final Destination version of another stage. Or he could turn himself into a giant and stomp on players.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, his main competitors are falling one by one (Skull Kid and Midna). Now Zant has to face Ghirahim, Demise, Ganon and Vaati for that LoZ villain spot. And even Tetra and Tingle when it comes to LoZ characters in general. At least he deserves the AT position but we don't know. Perhaps Sakurai had a great idea for a moveset back in Brawl?.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, his main competitors are falling one by one (Skull Kid and Midna). Now Zant has to face Ghirahim, Demise, Ganon and Vaati for that LoZ villain spot. And even Tetra and Tingle when it comes to LoZ characters in general. At least he deserves the AT position but we don't know. Perhaps Sakurai had a great idea for a moveset back in Brawl?.
If Zant got in as playable over Midna that would just piss me off; it would be a real **** move by Sakurai. I'm thinking at most an AT, at least a trophy.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm currently hoping for a boss fight. If there is a boss mode, it would be pretty cool if he was the penultimate boss of the mode, and would go to each stage of every previous boss and use their moves, like he does. Final Boss would probably be more along the lines of Tabuu or Master Hand/Crazy Hand, but before him, I'd love to see Zant.
I feel like a trophy is definitely happening, and since that doesn't really excite me, I'm hoping for a boss mode fight. Or if there was a Twilight Realm stage, he could be the Stage Boss/Hazard, that could be even better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom