• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victorious Victini Support Thread (Under New Ownership!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
So, I am like THE supporter of Victini. I have taken over the OP, and now, I am ready to rock! Victini is the Victory Pokémon, who apparently could make any trainer win, regardless of the situation. He is a Fire/Psychic-type, and has 2 signature moves, V-Create and Searing Shot. He is also my personal favorite Pokémon, which is why I support him for Smash.

[collapse=Moveset]
Gimmick (Critical Hits): Now, here's Victini's gimmick. Every once in a while, Victini will get a "Critical Hit" on any move, with more damage and knockback. They will also stun enemies like a Deku Nut. Getting a Critical Hit will make the word "Critical!" appear above the enemy. You can increase the chance of one by using his Down B (more on that later).

B (Searing Shot): Victini charges energy in his V. Not charged at all, he shoots a beam of fire upwards. Fully charged or in between, he causes a fiery explosion, the size of which depends on the charge.
Side B (Flame Charge): Basically Skull Bash, but covered in fire.
Up B (Psychic): Victini darts upwards quickly, covered in psychic energy.
Down B (Focus Energy): Increases the chance of a Critical Hit (see above). Victini's head will glow red more and more every time he uses the move. However, there is a 15 second cooldown for this move that is not shown during the battle. If you use this move during the cooldown, all charge will be lost.
Final Smash (V-Create): Victini charges power in his V, and flies around with his V on fire. Think Volt Tackle but he can only hit people with his V.[/collapse]
[collapse=Arguments]
1. Victini is a Mew-like Pokémon, all of which have been useless, rare Poké Ball Pokémon.

Not true. While Mew, Celebi and Jirachi all fit that description, Manaphy is less rare and used Heart Swap instead of just flying away. So, if that happened, who knows what the chances of a playable one are? Sakurai said that Villager was too peaceful to be in Smash, but now he's gonna be playable. And Sakurai never said anything like "All the Mew-like Pokémon are going to be in Poké Balls". Besides, a hacker found a Mew-like Pokémon called Hoopa in the code of X and Y, so that could be this game's rare Pokémon.

2. Victini is not as likely as Mewtwo, Zoroark, Genesect or a Kalos Pokémon.

Well, that may be true, but there is one thing you're missing: he is the Director of the Board at Game Freak, Junichi Masuda's favorite Pokémon. So? So was Pichu. Pichu was thought of as a joke character, so it's possible that he was put in because of Masuda. Besides that, Victini did get 2 movies, even though they were both practically the same. And as for a Kalos Pokémon, there's a chance, but development of the new Smash started before X and Y were revealed to the public, so there's a chance Sakurai might not have known about Kalos. Besides, there is no "major" Kalos Pokémon besides Mewtwo, and there's a chance we could have both.

3. Generation 5, like Generation 3, will probably be skipped and ignored.

This has only happened once. So we don't know if it will be skipped or not. If you know that, then why don't you tell me who is gonna be in the game?[/collapse]

Supporters: Fortanono, Tepig2000, Brawler610, deebeethediety

[collapse=Original OP by EndermanAura]

Asage94, or otherwise known as the biggest Victini supporter 'round~ So, do YOU want Victini? You just gotta tell me~

Below is some ideas I have for Victini if he made it into SSB4.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

[COLLAPSE="Victini Moveset"]ASAGE'S VICTINI MOVESET IDEA
(Please inform me if I forgot something):

Weight Class: Lighter than Pikachu
Speed: Faster than Yoshi

Mechanics:
-Can Jump three times
-Can Glide
-Cannot Crawl
-Can Double Tap Side Step Dodge (Meaning he can (LR)v twice in a row).
-(NEW!) Direction Smashing:
If you click (A)Smash, you can press any other direction, and combo smash attacks. Expample: You use (A)Smash>, then press up, and Victini'll preform his (A)^ smash, then press down, and he'll preform that smash too. The next two hits lock the opponent, so try and start with (A)v to lock the opponent faster.

Special Trait: Victory Star
OK, so I was told that the original moveset lacked unique ability, so I changed it from being a copy of Lucario’s special trait, to this.
As we know, Victory Star in the PKMN games raises Accuracy of Victini and his friends. So, how do we incorporate this sort of thing to Sm4sh?

Victory Star: When Victini KO’s an opponent, his forehead will glow a tiny bit. After three kills, his forehead will be shiny orange. For every kill, Victini’s fire moves gain power, doing 0.5x more than they did before. The maximum number of kill-charge is 3, meaning 1.5x the charge. Now, when he dies, he loses this boost, and will have to regain. The special part about this is that when Victini uses his FS, the energy is taken, and used for an explosive landing. If there are three kills x V-Create, Victini will land, blowing up 2.5 character spaces around him, auto KO everyone nearby with 100% DMG.

Dodges (Eyesight is ->):
(LR)> He flies a C turn around the opponent, while he turns to them.
(LR)<: He does a mini backflip, going backwards.
(LR)v: He spins, dodging the attacks. Like Sonic.
(LR) Aerial: He backs his body to the background.
~
Throws (Eyesight is ->):
He can grab 1 1/2 character spaces ahead of him. He flies to them, and grabs them.
Pummel: He headbutts repeatedly. Hits semi fast, like Fox.
(Z)>: He picks them up, then slams them on the ground, and then dash-headbutts them.
(Z)^: He throws them upwards with both hands, then gets above them quickly and cups both hands into a fist, and hammers them down, slamming off the ground, and knock backing to eyesight.
(Z)<: His body turns fiery, and he spin-seismic tosses the opponent behind him.
(Z)v: He slams them into the ground, then shuttle loops with a flaming forehead, sending a countering spell as well.
~

(A) Combo:
He'll slash-slap right, then left, then throw a headbutt.
~

(A) Normal:

(A)>: He claps his hands in front of him, sending a wave of fire. This move hits twice on impact.

(A)^: He waves his hands like an arch above him, sending a wave of fire. This move sends opponents straight up.

(A)v: He spits fire at the ground. This move may cause tripping succession. Also, this move is as fast as Ness's (A)v.
~
(A) Smash:

(A)>: He headbutts straight forward, doing fire damage.

(A)^: He tightens his fists, and crouches. Then he jumps upwards and then slams the floor with his hands, bringing a fire stream above his head.

(A)v: He crosses his hands, eyes closed, and then does a spin, shooting fire sparks behind and in front of him.
~
(A) Dash/Aerial:

Dash(A): He leaps, tackling the opponent. Sends the opponent forward of eyesight.

(A): He spins his body, sending flare sparks all around him.

(A)>: He spins his entire body forward, like Sonic.

(A)<: He turns quickly, and slap-scratches behind him, then turns back.

(A)^: He puts both hands above him, and shoots a fire bomb above him, sending him falling faster.

(A)v: He headbutts downwards like a meteor, doing fire damage with his flaming forehead.
~
(B) Moveset:
B): Searing Shot: He brings both hands up, and charges a huge fire ball above himself. It takes 1 second longer to charge then Lucario's Aura Sphere. When released, and fire ball with fiery rings surrounding it will be shot straight forward. It's one click slower than Lucario's Aura Sphere, and goes 3 character spaces forward. When it hits someone, it explodes 1 1/2 character spaces around it, and does higher damage than a Bob-omb, but less knockback than a Bob-Omb. If it goes 3 character spaces, and hits no one, it'll do the effect stated above, except it'll do half of what it usually does.

(B)>: Zen Headbutt: Victini dashes forward in quick succession. If opponent is near, he'll grab them, then headbutt them forward. If you use this in the air, it'll be like Jigglypuff's (B)>. If he grabs someone in the air, he'll put them under him, and he'll fly straight down, with his head to the victim. A mix of Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf's (B)>.

(B)v: Work Up
He holds the ground with both hands, and then starts to glow orange and blue. Anyone who attacks him does damage, but no knockback. They might wanna step off, because when attacked, he'll grab the opponent, and do double the damage they did to him. So, if Ike does around 30% DMG, Victini does 60% DMG. The opponent will also be shot upwards, but always 2 character spaces upwards. Sheilds will shatter if they do try to sheild. Takes 2 seconds for Victini to recover from it.

(B)^: Flame Charge:
He shoots himself upwards, then press the analog stick in any direction, and he'll be shot that direction as well. Much like Pikachu's, but does Fire damage, and has a sweet spot on the 2nd dash, which is at the tip end of his dash (Like Wolf's (B)>).

FS: V-Create:
He'll dash straight forward, as fast as Marth's (FS) dash. If anyone's hit, they get shot upwards. Then, a citimatic shows all of them in space, then in the distance, Victini comes, and hits them with V-Create, doing exactly 180% DMG. He'll always land in the middle on the stage, and his landing is super godly: He'll hit everyone, then slam onto the ground, and then explode. How the explosion works involves his new Victory Star Trait.
~
Taunts:
^: He brings both hands upwards, with V signs, and growls with a cute expression
>: He spins his entire body three times, rising a little bit with a flaming forehead, and then brings a V sign right hand out, bursting the fire into beautiful flame sparks.
v: He brings out a macroon, eats it, then shouts out, "Tini! Tini!" Similar to Young Link.
~

Entrance:
He flies straight down from above, and headbutts the gournd, doing a backflip, then landing it, and then gets into battle stance.

Winner's Circle:
Win:
1. He does that little tap-dance his sprite does in Black and White, then brings out a V sign, crying out, "Ti Ti! Victini!"
2. He comes from pure air, after being invisable, then blows his tounge at the screen, then smiles, with challenging eyes.
3. He flies in, lands, than with clenched fists, looks above him like a hero would. Like Yoshi, but he's looking forward.

Loss:
Sitting, he claps his hands, with sad eyes looking down.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Color Swap ideas (General color. Ignore the eyes and mouth)"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Fun Facts"]
Victini was first shown in a preview for the 14th Pokémon movie at the end of Zoroark: Master of Illusions.

Victini's Unova Pokédex number is 000, making it the first Pokémon to legitimately have the number 000 in any Pokédex listing.

Victini is the only Pokémon to be listed before the starter Pokémon of its native region. Consequently, Victini is the only legendary Pokémon of a later generation to appear next to legendary Pokémon of an earlier generation in the National Pokédex.

It is also the first Pokémon that comes first in any region's Pokédex that is not Grass-type.

Although Victini has a Shiny sprite, Pokémon Black and White are programmed so that a Shiny Victini cannot be encountered.

Victini is the only legendary Psychic-type Pokémon that cannot learn Calm Mind.

According to an IGN interview, Victini is Junichi Masuda's favorite Generation V Pokémon.

Although its tails allow it to fly, this species can neither learn the move nor have the ability Levitate. Furthermore, Victini cannot learn any Flying-type moves.

Victini learns a new move every eight levels.

He can turn Invisible at will

Victini is similar to the Greek goddess Nike, who personified victory, and is also known as the Winged Goddess of Victory.

He is the only Pokemon who is a Fire/Psychic type, not counting Zen Mode Darmanitan.
[/COLLAPSE][/collapse]

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Some ideas I had for specials:

(B) - Fusion Flare:
Victini will charge a fireball over his head(like lucario's aura sphere). While charging he will not flinch from electric projectiles and when the move is used he does damage equal to the charged power plus the damage he took from electric projectiles while charging.

(B)v - Searing Shot:
Victini will basically start off like Fox's Fox Fire but instead of shooting his own body at the oponent he will shoot a puff of fire that sends the enemy flying the opposite direction

(B)^ - Psychic:
Victini would use psychic on himself and fly much like (Pits recovery move).

(B)> - Fusion Bolt:
Victini will charge much like Sonics Spin Dash and form a ball of electricity around himself and ram himself at the opponent. The attack itself will go though other players (like Meta Knights drill rush). If hit by a fire projectile while charging Victini won't flinch(will still take damage) but instead his Fusion Bolt will grow larger.

Final Smash - V-Create
He charges for a literally a second(like lucas does when he does PK starstorm)while his head turns fiery. He then create a gigantic V shaped aura that lines up with the v on his forehead. This auro acts much like a smartbomb except longer and has a kick to it at the end. Does 75 damage to those caught in it.

Last edited:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Unless Lucario is getting replaced with Zoroark, I can't think of a more likely 5th Gen rep than Victini.

I do happen to have my own Victini moveset [here], which I made a little over a year ago. It's a little obtuse, but I think the general thrust of it would make Victini fun to play as.

D

Deleted member

So a Victini thread has been created.

Used to be one of it's biggest supporters, now I'm relatively neutral with it's inclusion. But as far as I'm concern, any Pokemon semi-frequently mentioned beats Zoroark. Although my personal preference lies with Genesect.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Victini seems more fitting as a one of the Pokeball Pokemon. Like similar to Mew or Celebi, but actally useful by spamming V-create. Which would naturally be incredibly overpowered.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Asage's mom:

So, when are you going to grow up?

So a Victini thread has been created.

Used to be one of it's biggest supporters, now I'm relatively neutral with it's inclusion. But as far as I'm concern, any Pokemon semi-frequently mentioned beats Zoroark. Although my personal preference lies with Genesect.
Recently, I, too, have been looking at Genesect as a reasonable character. But I'm not too sure, yet.
Victini seems more fitting as a one of the Pokeball Pokemon. Like similar to Mew or Celebi, but actally useful by spamming V-create. Which would naturally be incredibly overpowered.

:phone:
The reason why I root for Victini as a playable character is because, well, he's my favorite Pokemon, and second, I like change.

BTW, what, exactly, makes a Poke Ball Pokemon..? Gardevoir was VOTED for pre-SSBB. So was Deoxys. And they're Poke Ball Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Unless Lucario is getting replaced with Zoroark, I can't think of a more likely 5th Gen rep than Victini.

I do happen to have my own Victini moveset [here], which I made a little over a year ago. It's a little obtuse, but I think the general thrust of it would make Victini fun to play as.
I don't think Zoroark is going to kick Lucario out. Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark can easily co-exist together in Smash 4 as they are all completely different from each other. If Lucario is cut, it will be due to time constraints. I would say that the three will get in by their own merits and not affect one another. Of course you could replace Zoroark with Victini, Genesect, or Meloetta as well assuming one of them gets in instead.

Also, just want to take the time to say thanks for creating that move set. That move set was the reason why I used to be such an aggressive supporter of Victini and why I still harbor interest in him, even if I'm more neutral on him in general.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I like victini it's an awesome pokemon, but I won't be mad if a pokemon I like more gets in (if zoaroak is in instead I will be pissed)

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Wow. This thread was started in 2012? And it hasn't been revived since? I am surprised. You see, I am like the supporter of Victini these days. He's my #1 favorite Pokémon, Pokémon is my #1 favorite franchise, and so Victini is my #1 favorite newcomer. So yeah, I have brought this thread from the past to support. Really. And if you don't support Victini anymore, feel free to give me the thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Seeing how inactive the thread is, I can make you the owner, Fortanono, if you want.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Seeing how inactive the thread is, I can make you the owner, Fortanono, if you want.
You know, I'm not sure the OP is still interested seeing he hasn't revived the thread since 2012, so I was thinking I might take the thread up. If he wants to have it back, I'll PM you to give it back to him.

Junahu

Smash Ace
All of your Spoiler Tags are splitting after the first line.

Sadly, with gen VI making Lucario a relevant candidate again, Victini's chances have become significantly slimmer.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
All of your Spoiler Tags are splitting after the first line.

Sadly, with gen VI making Lucario a relevant candidate again, Victini's chances have become significantly slimmer.
How do you fix the splitting?

And yes, I know. Sad, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

I'll support Victini. In all seriousness, I rather have Victini than Zoroark as I think that Zoroark would be very uninteresting in my opinion.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm bumping this. I kinda feel bad that I haven't taken care of this thread, so I'll start.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
also, while knowing sakurai would never give victini an interesting, diverse moveset such as what he did with mewtwo (confusion, disable, teleport, shadow ball -_-), I do agree with smashshadow's moveset in that it should incorporate zekrom and reshirams sig moves

Fortanono

Smash Ace
also, while knowing sakurai would never give victini an interesting, diverse moveset such as what he did with mewtwo (confusion, disable, teleport, shadow ball -_-), I do agree with smashshadow's moveset in that it should incorporate zekrom and reshirams sig moves
Yeah, if he wanted to give Victini an interesting move set, he could use the gimmick I included in mine.

And I would like it if he used Blue Flare and Bolt Strike, but I'm not sure about the Fusion moves. Don't quote his moveset, though, since it's over a year old.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I wished this was a thing, but I appreciate a Pokeball as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom