• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Descendant of the Radiant Hero: Priam for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Ike has left legacies in this World but the most extraordinary is someone who's the spitting image of him.....there's no better character to replace Ike than his descendant Priam.

Q:What does make Priam relevant and a possible candidate for SSB4?

A:Because there's this great possibility that he might be the main character of the next Fire Emblem (and he fought with bears when he was a kid).... ( speculations)

Q: Possible movesets ?
A:B-UP:Sol (same as Aether but without throwing the sword),B-Down: Counter, B-Side:Tomahawk throw, B natural: Luna where he charges to a great Damage and knockback. , Final Smash: Aether.

As you can see his movesets are nothing special but if he was Ike's replacement these are perfect.

Pictures of Priam:

Support HIM!!!​

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Massive bump. Like, a bigger bump than the Octomom. :troll:

Bad jokes aside, might I suggest changing the thread title to reflect his English name? Just a suggestion. I actually recently recruited this guy in my Awakening playthrough, and I have to say, he's a cool character.

That being said, in no way should he ever replace Ike. Just putting that out there. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. He's never replacing Ike.

But perhaps you could change the name to Priam?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How can you support this obviously gay character, Ike Sama?

Bara is I ever did see one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Ike ever where to get replaced it better be by this dude and not Chrom.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I actually really like the idea of Smash keeping Marth as a constant FE representative and then continually replacing the other one for whoever is most relevant.

Roy's game was about to be released when Melee came out and Ike's was released right after Brawl... if Paris/Priam is going to be the main character of an FE game they're working on, he'd be a perfect replacement. Throw on Ike, Roy, and some other lords as alternate costumes and you're gold (in my humble opinion).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ike as a palette swap? ...Why?

He's basically the U.S. Lord, appeared in two Fire Emblem games as the main role/lord and was liked highly in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and even before that, and to add on, even in Awakening (though all lords reappeared there). To top that off, he actually did have an original moveset. I can see them not having Roy, but replacing a character who doesn't need replacement is "what" - the only thing I can really see is "must replace the recent character"

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
All of these FE arguments have been rehashed over and over and I don't really want to get into it. In short, all these sword-wielding characters that are descendants of other sword-wielding characters who are even using the same sword and sword skills are perfect examples of when Smash Bros would use alternate costumes instead of spending time in making a new character.

Characters like Ike and Priam are literally designed to be the same in Fire Emblem. They should occupy the same slot.

Even if they did have significant character differences (the fact is, the lords and heroes are often the least interesting FE characters), they will not have worthwhile gameplay differences. People are scrambling to give them different moves, and most of what people come up with are both a stretch and not very interesting. Marth and Ike have cool movesets that are different enough from each other. You have quick duelist and a brutal warrior... exactly what niche do people expect a third FE swordsman to fill? Just put the most relevant Ike-like lord in his spot and keep Ike as an alternate costume.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ike should have pallette swap a where he wears Priam's clothes and bandana. That should be enough.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh hey, Sama- the image I quoted from your OP doesn't show up for me and probably isn't showing up for other people.

Is this the image that's supposed to be there?

He's got an interesting character design... I don't love the ribbing around his waist, his collar, or his cape. I do like the basic design, though. I could definitely see him with Ike's moveset. :p

IronFish

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about this as a possibility... cause why else add Priam as a last minute character in FE13?

I can see having same regular attacks and strength as Ike and using a battered Ragnell but different specials... Like:
Special: Sol, He swings the Ragnell and if attack hits has 50% chance to restore 10% damage and does major knock-back
Side Special: Tomahawk, he throws a tomahawk and it moves fast but then has a lot of cool down on Priam after trowing but it does a lot of knock-back/damage and is a deadly projectile
Down Special: Luna, Priam rushes forward and hits an opponent with the Ragnell and does a lot of damage, and goes just as fast and as far as Capt.Falcon's Falcon Kick and breaks shields but has slow start-up and is easy to dodge and goes down while in the air like Falc Kick
Up Special: Aether, pretty much same as Ike's but slower star up but goes higher

Final Smash Possibility 1: Priam's Army, a few knights, heroes, war monks, and, snipers appear for a few seconds and proceed to attack any opponents (like Dedede's waddle dee army) but they will disappear after being hit a few times Priam can still move around and attack opponents as well until his army disappears

Final smash Possibility 2: Great Aether again just like Ike's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom