• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Crusade Series 3

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
PLEASE BRING SETUPS IF YOU CAN! THIS WILL HELP THE TOURNAMENT RUN FAST AND SMOOTH. ALSO, PLEASE ARRIVE EARLIER THAN NOON; SIGNUPS START AROUND 11AM, SO THE EARLIER EVERYONE IS HERE, THE SOONER WE CAN START, THE SOONER WE CAN END AND ON TIME. THANKS IN ADVANCE! ^_^

Address: 6212 McCart Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76133

Fees:

Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $5

Payouts for Singles/Doubles:

19 or less entries: 70/20/10
20 or more entries: 60/30/10

Modified Japanese Ruleset!

Stagelist:

Neutrals (Starters) - Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination

Counterpicks - Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1

Rules:

- 3 stocks

- 10 minute timer

- Items set to Off and None

- Percentage and stage are the same if the game is restarted due to interrupted circumstances

- All Characters are allowed

- Best of 3 sets, all Finals matches are best of 5

- 1 stage ban per player/team for either Neutrals or Counterpicks

- Stage Striking: Rock/Paper/Scissors; loser strikes first from the Neutral stage list, then the winner strikes one of the two remaining neutrals; first game of the set is played from the remaining stage

- Team Attack On for Doubles event

- Double Meta Knight is banned in doubles

- 40 Ledge Grab Limit per character; If the game goes to time, the winner will be decided in order by the ledge grab limit first (game loss is awarded to the player that goes over the lgl; if both players go over the lgl then then the lgl rule is ignored), then stock (most stocks wins), then by percentage (lower percentage wins). If percentage is the same, a 1 stock, 3 minute tiebreaker will be played out to decide the winner.

- No Dave's Stupid Rule; the player can go back to the same stage as a counterpick he/she won on in a previous game of the set.

- Scrooging Rule: Must land on the main stage once before going under the stage twice

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I wanted to do the Apex 2013 ruleset, but it seems the rules are not posted yet, so I will go with the Japanese ruleset (modified) for now, unless someone can link me the Apex 2013 ruleset.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Unfortunately, I traded this weekend at work in order to attend Whobo :(

Best of luck though and keep KC posted on future installments of the series please :)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Ok. So, I'm allowing double MK this time around. I'm giving this type of team a chance to see if they are indeed just too good. There may or may not be answers to this team; we'll have to find out. I remember earlier in the metagame, it seemed double MK wasn't a problem to allow in doubles. So this is pretty much an experiment. Thoughts? Inputs?
And there probably won't be any double MK teams at this tournament anyways since Texas only has a few MK players, and those players are teaming with a player with a non-MK character.

:phone:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol double MK is absolutely broken. Even top players of anti ban think so. There's a reason why double mk has been banned on EC recently/at SKTAR and is being banned at that California major next month.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
You should ban double mk.
Lol double MK is absolutely broken. Even top players of anti ban think so. There's a reason why double mk has been banned on EC recently/at SKTAR and is being banned at that California major next month.
I'll take this into consideration. If I get more feedback on banning double MK, I'll ban it.

Doubles is only 5? :(

:shyguy:
For some reason Texas has it like that... I've been sad about it as well...
Yeah, it's a Texas thing. However, if anyone is not opposed to doubles being $10 per person, I can change it to that.

Any other responses? Thoughts?

Also, I'm considering extending the payouts to 4th place at least, obviously depending on attendance.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Double MK should be banned. Ascensions/HOBOs are 20$ per team. You should use the payout system in the Ascension/HOBO series. It has a system for it.

Denti

Smash Master
The reason I started making mine 5$ is because not enough people enter otherwise... there are like 2 maybe 3 teams that would enter from our region if it was 10$. When I put it to 5$ we had more teams wanting to enter. That's where the scene stands currently...

And arguing that we will check the results after un banning double MK won't do much. There isn't a double MK team in Texas that can't be beaten, so the results will still be around the same. Maybe Gnes and Dojo? Idk. It's just the principle of the matter really.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Hype.

Also, I doubt Double MK will be much of a problem at the tournament, just because there weren't a lot of MKs at the last crusade to begin with. But like Denti said, it's the principle really. There may be more double MK teams with the fact that the double's pot increase from $5 to $20 per team, though. So that's something you should also think about.

More Money = More MK

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
I'll see if I can attend this one, though I have no idea how far this is from me.
I haven't played any of the brawl community since Akon anyways, so I need to hop back in.

Oh and is doubles going to be 5 or 10$ per person?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Aero - as far as stage lists we are using the same from Apex 2012 for 2013. :D

Neon!

Smash Lord
I can probably make this but I wont be there til 2:30 or 3. Would I still be able to enter singles?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Oh, ok. Thanks. I think it might be too late to change the rules, unless the majority really wants Apex ruleset. I'll use the Apex ruleset for my next tourney for sure! :)

I can probably make this but I wont be there til 2:30 or 3. Would I still be able to enter singles?
Yessir. :)

knuckles213

Smash Ace
You should advertise this tournament.

edit: I won't be making this event. I wonder who will take first.
WOW! Denti not showing up to a tournament, this must be the sign of the apocalypse

Why? are showing up to this

@ALSM what are the time of the events? are starting doubles first or singles

and Crew battle for side event

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Side event is gonna be PM if enough interest is shown. If not, we can do crews. :)

And Denti not showing up? Welp, time to win my own tournament. Even if Denti was here, I'd feel pretty confident to win anyways! I know his weakness! But alas, he will not be here. :/ Oh well, time to keep calm and master souls yo.

Top Bottom