• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocean State Smash 3 Results!

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the delay, I had a dream that I made this thread and it turns out I didn't v_v

Singles

1: The Moon ($76.80) (+$100 OOR Bonus)
2: Jack ($35.20)
3: DJ Nintendo ($22.40)
4: Sai ($12.80)
5: KevinM ($6.40)
5: Weapon-X ($6.40)
7: Mafia
7: MattDotZeb
9: HaileyM
9: Diesel
9: Tichinde
9: KyuPuff
13: Arcnatural
13: EC_Joey
13: Charizardmang
13: Shawn#

Singles Bracket:

Doubles

1: DJ + Alukard (DJ + Alukard) ($36.00)
2: Kevin + Mafia (Kevin + Mafia) ($18.00)
3: Mark + Moon (Mark + Moon) ($6.00)
4: Weapon-X + Sai (Weapon-X + Sai)
5: Yong + MDZ (Yong + MDZ)
5: Arc + Diesel (Arc + Diesel)

Doubles Bracket:

Shoutouts to everyone for making it. Sorry again about the heat, the air conditioner has been fixed.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Venue was hot as heck.

Glad the AC is fixed.

Good job beating me, WeaponX. People should start watching out for you.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Good job beating me, WeaponX. People should start watching out for you.
I would agree with this but he doesn't go to a lot of tournaments so . . . :urg:

Wish I made it to this. Good **** Moon taking this, super impressed. I hope things were recorded. My Marth needs to take some notes.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Yeah hopefully matt uploads the videos soon... over the course of 4 weeks and 3 tournaments the only video he's uploaded was the one of him winning $150 from Shawn#s

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
is there any way someone else could help you? this is why it's not a great idea to have one person control uploading for the entire region...

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
Not really since he caps all the videos UNCOMPRESSED on his 3TB hd, and then uploads them later.

Literally the only way somebody else could get the files to upload them is if he mailed them that hardrive.

if you cant wait for matt to upload them, then bring your own recording setup to tournies. its pretty cheap and definitely worth it, plus im sure matt could use the help recording everything.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Regardless of whatever inefficient way matt chooses to store and upload videos, 4 weeks is unreasonable amount of time.

Matt I know you're reading this. I know you do this out of your own time, but you really need to take responsibility for your choices. If you want to be in charge of uploading videos for the ENTIRE REGION then just ****ing do it. After all this time and no less than three private conversations, you still have no good reason for not doing your job.

You have to realize that for many people watching matches of themselves and self-critiquing is one of the best ways to improve. Obviously demanding you to put in hours of work for nothing is nothing short of cruel, but to drive the point home, you have taken more than 4 weeks, over the course of 3 tournaments . That's two tournaments where I could have vastly improved after improving upon my own weaknesses. After talking to other smashers, I know that I am not alone when I think that you are actively hurting the NE scene.

I wish I didn't have to do this, because I like you as a person and we've shared some good times, but in the past few weeks your attitude has gone from apologetic, to annoyed, to what seems like indifference. I hope you upload soon, and maybe pass the job onto someone else who is willing to take over your selfless task of representing NE smash.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Regardless of whatever inefficient way matt chooses to store and upload videos, 4 weeks is unreasonable amount of time.

Matt I know you're reading this. I know you do this out of your own time, but you really need to take responsibility for your choices. If you want to be in charge of uploading videos for the ENTIRE REGION then just ****ing do it. After all this time and no less than three private conversations, you still have no good reason for not doing your job.

You have to realize that for many people watching matches of themselves and self-critiquing is one of the best ways to improve. Obviously demanding you to put in hours of work for nothing is nothing short of cruel, but to drive the point home, you have taken more than 4 weeks, over the course of 3 tournaments . That's two tournaments where I could have vastly improved after improving upon my own weaknesses. After talking to other smashers, I know that I am not alone when I think that you are actively hurting the NE scene.

I wish I didn't have to do this, because I like you as a person and we've shared some good times, but in the past few weeks your attitude has gone from apologetic, to annoyed, to what seems like indifference. I hope you upload soon, and maybe pass the job onto someone else who is willing to take over your selfless task of representing NE smash.
Honestly the way you were approaching me about it made me think you were jesting.

Either way .... :awesome:

You're right. I've been slacking on the motivation, but it is something for the community and not an "at your leisure" task as I've been treating it. I'll do what I am able to do in the morning before work.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Sorry for destroying this thread. This tournament actually had a lot of amazing things.

- The hottest venue in the world
- Watching Mafia trashtalk then lose (tsk tsk mafia)
- A GF set where the venue actually went quiet during last stock WITH DIESEL IN THE ROOM
- NY ******
- My first ever win against KevinM
- Tichinde's wii

GGs to everyone I played in friendlies and tournament.

Top Bottom