• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If only there was a possiblity to 6 more characters to the roster ? and few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I hope you answer the following questions :

1.What will be your six choices ?

2.If you want more than six specify the characters you want cut ?

3.Would you rather have new gameplay ?such as an approach similar to Kid Icarus ground battles ?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
1: Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru

2: Megaman for Solid Snake

3: Unless it's zip gliding, no thanks.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You should probably take this to the Roster Discussion Thread.

I'll bite at this though:

1. Rosalina, K. Rool, Ridley, Ghirahim, Zoroark, KOS-MOS

2. None. I really have no reason to cut anyone.

3. I can't think of anything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
1. Isaac, Krom, Shulk, Waluigi, Mewtwo, Lip

2. Jigglypuff

3. Well i would like a Mario Party mode for smash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmmm...quite limited...

1. K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, Muddy Mole, Palutena, Mewtwo
2. Cut third parties due to limited space, add Goroh and Starfy
3. Not a complete overhaul, maybe a new special?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
1.Takamaru, Chibi Robo, K. Rool, Megaman, Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie
2. Could live without Lucas (You left Ness to Die!)
3. Total Control over Mapping the Buttons in the Options. ( Button For Footstool Jump!)

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
1. Isaac, Medusa, Krom, Waluigi, Ghirahim, King K. Rool

2. Keep it the same.

3. Nothing really.

Smash 4 just needs more villains.

yani

Smash Lord
1) Shulk, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Geno, Palutena

2) No cuts

3) No

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
1. Rool, Ridley, Layton, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Hades
2. Lucas for Waluigi, Wario for a Wario with a Wario Land-based moveset, Toon Link for Masked Link.
3. No.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
1 - Starfy, Lip, Saki, Palutena, Toad, Dixie Kong
2 - WarioLand Wario taking over WW-Wario and maybe Victini over Lucario?
3- Not really, but take down so stupid gameplay mechanics (tripping) and give us the comboing skill back.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
1.- Little Mac - Mike (StarTropics) - Megaman classic - Saki (S&P) - Isaac (GS) - Takamaru

2.- REMOVE unnecessary Clone Link to make way for Alice/Balloon Fighter. (They could make Skyward Sword Link be agile, a combination between Melee Link and Young Link as far as agility vs power goes)

3.- Haven't played KI. But new mechanics I'd like to see? Well.. tripping mechanic GONE for sure, as for implemented, good swimming mechanic for characters good in water (Squirtle, Mario, Link, Yoshi, etc) ((just like good flying characters have multiple jumps and/or a glide)) I want Charizard to have 5 multiple jumps, not 3.
I want old Melee tether recovery implemented again.
And TWO types of dodging. Melee air-dodge for R and Brawl air dodge for L (customizeable)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
1. Add: Little Mac, Mewtwo, Saki, Takamaru, Ridley, Megaman
2. Cut PT and add King K. Rool
3. Nothing major. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Fix balance, add some way to reduce landing lag from attacks. Don't make it Brawl 2.0 or Melee 2.0.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
1: Lloyd Irving, Rebecca Chambers, Geno, Kunio, Collete Brunel, Steve (Minecraft)
2: Ike for a Fire Emblem newcomer. Lucario for Marowak. (Not likely in the slightest.)
3: Reintroduce mobile air-dodging, Wavedashing, and L-Canceling. Balance out roster.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You should probably take this to the Roster Discussion Thread.
I thought of it at first but than I decided against it, such topic is specific and it will definitely be lost in the Roster Discussion Thread.

Guys I will add one more thing....discuss each other choices...

and for me it will be like this...

Add: Krom/Paris,Lyn/Lucina,Ray 01,Takamaru,Ghirahim,Isaac...

Remove:Toon Link in favor of Ghirahim, Shiek in favor of Impa,Lucas in favor of Paper Mario, Jigglypuff in favor of Zoroark.

Gameplay: I would love for the 3DS version to use the Kid Icarus engine after all Sakurai said that SSB3DS will be more personal with more customization....For the Wii U the gameplay should remain intact and true to the gameplay from Melee with little more floatiness, but without tripping of course......add new moves for either the X or the Y buttons and have directional variations.....Ganondorf should be holding a Sword this time and that will make Zelda have 3 swordmen, Ganondorf power, Link middle, and Ghirahim the fast and the Agile....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought of it at first but than I decided against it, such topic is specific and it will definitely be lost in the Roster Discussion Thread.

Guys I will add one more thing....discuss each other choices...

and for me it will be like this...

Add: Krom/Paris,Lyn/Lucina,Ray 01,Takamaru,Ghirahim,Isaac...

Remove:Toon Link in favor of Ghirahim, Shiek in favor of Impa,Lucas in favor of Paper Mario, Jigglypuff in favor of Zoroark.

Gameplay: I would love for the 3DS version to use the Kid Icarus engine after all Sakurai said that SSB3DS will be more personal with more customization....For the Wii U the gameplay should remain intact and true to the gameplay from Melee with little more floatiness, but without tripping of course......add new moves for either the X or the Y buttons and have directional variations.....Ganondorf should be holding a Sword this time and that will make Zelda have 3 swordmen, Ganondorf power, Link middle, and Ghirahim the fast and the Agile....

As far as discussing others' choices, one thing that I heavily question about yours is that you removed Jigglypuff. Seeing as she's been in every game, I find it quite unlikely for her to be removed. I'm just asking, what was your reasoning?

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I'll give it a go :
1. Waluigi, Roy, Mewtwo, Samurai Goroh, King K. Rool, Ridley
2. Pokémon Trainer for another third-party(Megaman/Pac-Man), Toon Link.
3. nothanks

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
1: Takamaru, Ghirahim, Shulk, Palutena, Ridley, Isaac

2: Cut Toon Link for Midna (true form), cut Jigglypuff for Victini, cut R.O.B. for Balloon Fighter, cut Sonic for Roy, cut Falco for Krystal.

3: Remove tripping.

:phone:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
They would remove Lucario or Pokemon Trainer before considering of removing Jiggs. Jigglypuff's been a veteran since SSB64 so I don't think they would remove veterans.

Add: Waluigi, Palutena, Ghirahim, Balloon Fighter, Tom Nook, Deathborn

Remove: Well if there's going to be cuts then Lucario for Mewtwo. Lucas for Paula, Jeff or Poo. This will sound crazy but... Pkmn trainer for Meowth. I know I'm not the only one who wants Meowth, plus he was originally going to be a char back in SSB64. Doesn't mean he still has a chance though. If Namco considers in adding a 3rd Party rep then it should just be one. The problem is who would be more interesting? If it was my decision I would add Yoshimitsu(SC2 costume). He could have a pretty fun and interesting move set, and a healing taunt.

SSB4 should have no tripping. Make event match more interesting. Maybe add a really short cutscene before the event starts? Also I hope the Sub space emissary story is more interesting compared to brawl. I feel like I'm asking for a lot. I should keep my expectations really low this time around. Especially wanting Meowth for SM4SH. lol

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
1. Mewtwo, Shulk, Medusa, Isaac, Masked Link, Ghirahim

2. None. I think we're good.

3. Nope. I think we're good.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Newcomers
  • Waluigi
  • King K Rool
  • Impa
  • Krystal
  • Zoroark
  • Little Mac
  • Bowser Jr
Cuts
  • Sheik- only in one game, if she's cut developers can focus more time on zelda, Impa inherits a large portion of moveset,
  • Falco- on the fence with him on the one hand he's still a clone on the other he's a veteran
  • Lucas- even worse than falco in the clone department, why does a dead series need 2 reps?
  • Toon Link- WTF really lazy adition in the first place but then to make him a clone...
  • Lucario- He was gen 4 advertising and gen 4s time has passed gen 5 is where it's at now and zoroark fit's the roll perfectly. Not quite as big as a shift as mewtwo to lucario was though.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai asked me this question, I'd answer him:

6 Newcomers:

Chibi-Robo
Animal Crosser
King K. Rool
Ridley
Little Mac
Takamaru

Cuts/Replaces:

Cut Toon Link, put Masked Link(Deku/Goron/Link) in place. :)

3rd Question:
No. :]

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
1. Ridley
Dark Samus
King K. Rool
Isaac
Starfy
Chibi-Robo

2. Cut Toon Link for buffed Link
Falcondorf for Ganondorf
Jigglypuff for Mewtwo
Lucas for Ness

3. No

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
1) Megaman,
Dillion from Rolling Western,
Pac-Man,
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario,
Bomberman,
Knuckle Joe
3, Third Party & 3 First Party Characters

2) No cuts because I would hate it if someone cut my favorite character out of the game (speaking in general)

3. I would like to see an 8-Bit mode for characters like in Special Brawl or whatever they decide to call it this time around where the characters fight in their 8-Bit models, some will have to be made since the whole star fox rep didn't have 8 - Bit versions of themselves & others, but overall majority have 8-Bit models

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1. Mewtwo, Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Takamaru

2. No cuts.

3. Remove random tripping.

D

Deleted member

1. Preference-wise: Mega Man, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Paper Mario, Saki Amamiya, and Mach Rider.

What would be best for the roster: King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Palutena, Little Mac, and Toad.

2. No cuts. Keep Brawl's roster and add on to it

3. Tripping needs to go away.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Characters added- Saki, Shulk, Issac, Krom, Ridley, and Takamaru

Characters cut- I wanna say no characters, but I'm going to assume Ike may be cut in favor of Krom.

Mechanics added- Super and assist meters as opposed to them being random items.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Since everyone's stating the characters we usually know and love, I'll list the ones that are probably mentioned 1/6 times in a usual thread. In other words, the classic yet obscure ones (even though it may the expectations may be unreasonably high) :awesome:

Characters Added (no specific order):

1) Takamaru
2) Sukapon
3) Prince Sable (or Sable&Richard tag-duo)
4) Meowth
5) Stafy
6) Little Mac

Characters Cut/replaced with (Just to bring in new faces, is all my reasoning :troll:)

Cut Snake for Bomberman (both owned by Konami now anyways)
Cut Sonic for Megaman
Cut ROB for Figher Hayabusa

Cut "Toon Link" For either a revamped Young Link (referencing both Majora and OOT) in some way shape or form. OR, Cut Toon Link for a revamped Young Link that is a throwback and overhaul of the old, classic "Link" (referencing Link to the past/oracle of..) in some way shape or form

Regardless, these two links will be "cell-shaded" but not in the sense of how Toon Link is. I'm sure people understand what I'm referencing to

Mechanics: oh boy, this is going to be a long one; isn't it?

1)Remove tripping/move reduction/and all that nonesense from brawl
2)Make it a bit faster almost like melee, follow the melee framework of techs, balance the roster
3) Meters? (whatever kind that's suitable is fine)
4) More unique and intractable stages, still feel like melee reigns that title over brawl; personally

Pretty sure there's a boatload of stuff I forgot

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
new characters: ray mk III, little mac, king k. rool, chilly (kirby), paper mario, and mr. stevenson from gumshoe

replace: jigglypuff with eevee and snake with simon belmont

gameplay: customizable movesets, get rid of tripping, and meter instead of smashball

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Add: Mewtwo, King K.Rool, Isaac, Ridley, Krom and Dixie Kong.
Remove: Sheik in favor for Impa

I'd be extremely satisfied with a roster as this.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
1.-Krystal, Master Hand, Non-Specific Action Figure, Kazuya, Siegfried, Ryu.
2.-I would cut Diddy kong, toon link, king dedede, jigglipuff and lucario
3.-Super Smash Kart!!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
1.) Megaman
Isaac
Geno
Krystal
Takamaru
Claus

Maybe not the most likely list, but these are the characters I want that I personally think would be the most fun to play as. If I were choosing based on who I thought deserved to get in the most, then K. Rool and Ridley would be on there somewhere. I'd also add Banjo & Kazooie, if they weren't so terribly, terribly unlikely.

2.) In a perfect world, there would be no cuts, but if there have to be, I guess I would cut Lucario for Zoroark and Ike for Krom. Maaaybe Toon Link for Masked Link, but only if regular Link gained his agility, which I don't really see happening.

3.) Tripping. There needs to be more. All the time. Every second. Like if every stage were full of invisible banana peels that you couldn't pick up.

Seriously, though. I would love it if 6 man battles were possible. 1v1v1v1v1v1, 2v2v2, 3v3, it'd be chaos... really fun chaos! A more advanced stage builder would also be great. As far as gameplay mechanics go, I think somewhere in between Melee and Brawl in terms of speed and floatiness and whatnot would be ideal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) Geno
2) Sukapon
3) Ridley
4) K. Rool
5) Tom Nook
6) Mega Man

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

-Bowser Jr.
-Mewtwo
-Tom Nook
-Lip
-Toon Zelda
-Ridley

-Snake
-Sonic
-Ike
In favour of
-Kamek
-Little Mac
-Vaati

3.Would you rather have new gameplay ?such as an approach similar to Kid Icarus ground battles ?

I expect new gameplay, but if you're referring to completely different genre of game, then no.

1.-Krystal, Master Hand, Non-Specific Action Figure, Kazuya, Siegfried, Ryu.
2.-I would cut Diddy kong, toon link, king dedede, jigglipuff and lucario
3.-Super Smash Kart!!
This is why Sakurai doesn't take fan requests seriously.

It is very possible that Gen VI of Pokemon will be here before this game is complete, for any Zouroark supporters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I hope you answer the following questions :

1. Shulk, Saki, Pac-Man , Bomberman, Little Mac, and Takamaru

2. Wolf, Toon Link, and Lucas get cut in favor of Sukapon, King K. Rool, and Ghirahim

3. As much as i love Uprising, no, i wouldn't want gameplay like that. Maybe a better stage builder and faster combat.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
1) MEWTWO, ridley, ghirahim, genesect, agumon, roy
2) i'd rather not see any cuts, only because i know how it felt to have characters i like cut (if they hadn't removed mewtwo and roy i could sell melee because i'd never play it) and i wouldn't want to see it happen to anyone else. in a magic world where smash bros was directly catering to me, i'd drop diddy and jigglypuff so fast and put in... i don't know, more digimon i guess.
3) no gameplay changes, but board the platforms and race to the finish would be welcome additions.(re-additions? is that a word?)

i find the title of the thread a little misleading - it sounds like "shucks, they're only adding two new characters to the next smash. i wish it was more, like... six! yeah, that would be good."

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
1. King K. Rool, Geno, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Reggie Fils-aime, Bucha (Kikwi)

2. I would rather just have 6 new characters and no old characters cut.

3. I'm fine with the gameplay now.

dengel

Smash Cadet
1. Banjo-Kazooie (in a perfect world), Pac-Man, Waluigi, Paper Mario (or Rawk Hawk), Ridley (or Dark Samus), King K. Rool

2. Cut Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link, Snake, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Lucario. Add Krystal, Mega Man, Ghirahim, Black Shadow, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom