• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters Made Just For Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Eventually, maybe even now, it's going to get harder to add new characters. So maybe there should be characters just for brawl

Now, before you start hatin' on this remember, ssb has always had created characters, polygon, multi-man and fighting alloys teams, master-hand and crazy hand, giga bowser, tabuu, galleom and duon. And only one of them is playable with out a glich, (and even then it's a final smash.)

I find that it's a great opportunity that characters to be created because it allows Sakurai and Sora Ltd./Namco to create whatever the crap the want and maybe...JUST MAYBE, the characters can become popular and then have spin-off games about them

DISCUSS!!! (I also encourage you to use your imaginations and create some characters)

My created character will be Hand Jr.

Moveset (moves taken from master hand)

B: Gun (forms a gun poses and charges, shooting a missle that does more damage the more it is charged 5-18% ok knock back)

Side-B: Slap (Slaps an opponent sending them sky-high, but doing little to mediocre damage 5-11% with great knock back)

Up-B: Plane (forms a plane like shape does a loop-ti-loop (like Meta-Knight's Up-B) giving good recovery and ok knock back about !0%)

Down-B Drill (goes up a littlebit (about yoshi or bowser down-b height then comes down and does a chain hit like Master hand, but the higher the opponents damage and the longer the hit, the more likely the opponent will go side ways and is able to punish ,does 7& per hit and does about six hits, high-risk ,high-reward)

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Seems like a pretty good idea it would get rid of that whole custom character dilemma with the miis who I personally don't want. having a smash boy and smash girl could be useful like in supspace embissary2 it could revolve around the new created smashers but that a long shot at best.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i don't like the idea, smash has been too rooted in the fact taht its about nintendo characters duking it out.

now could nintendo create other IP's later on that stand a chance at getting in? heck sure, but they need to be part of their own original game first.(dillon from dillons rolling western, calling it now, he'll replace sonic)

the fighting alloys/fighting wireframes/fighting polygon teams are all the "originaL" fighters that smash needs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No. Original characters should be limited to bosses and the alloys, maybe a few Adventure Mode mooks.

This is a NINTENDO crossover. We want to see well-known Nintendo characters beating the **** out of each other. Not some generic, random, "original" characters.

D

Deleted member

I'm indifferent on this idea.

Unless the original character would be from that Dragon King: The Fighting Game prototype of Smash.
Then I would support that easily.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm indifferent on this idea.

Unless the original character would be from that Dragon King: The Fighting Game prototype of Smash.
Then I would support that easily.
There is already a Dragon King character. His name is Captain Falcon.

No, seriously, look at Falcons' N64 stance and animations and look at some pictures of the Dragon King beta. Whatever was left of that character probably got dumped into Captain Falcon

D

Deleted member

There is still a lot that I've seen from those images that Falcon DOESN'T do in 64. (Downward Punch, for example)
Also, most of Falcon's 64 moveset is technically up for grabs, as he doesn't do a lot of it anymore. (F-Smash Kick, U-Smash Elbow, etc.)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I actually support Dragon King too.
There is already a Dragon King character. His name is Captain Falcon.

No, seriously, look at Falcons' N64 stance and animations and look at some pictures of the Dragon King beta. Whatever was left of that character probably got dumped into Captain Falcon
Yes, there is a very, VERY high chance Dragon King turned into Captain Falcon but, to be honest, I don't care. Sakurai putting in the Dragon King would be a nice treat for those who are familiar with that beta.

As for any OC playable, it highly depends on what we're getting. It could be amazing or like one of the million crappy generic fan characters that floods the internet (the latter is more likely to happen). I wouldn't mind something like the Fighting Wire Frames/Alloys though.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I do not like the idea. This is a game about Nintendo originals dueling it out. Nintendo will not add an abundant of characters every game; even if there were still many great characters to be added. More characters means more unbalance & time. I do not want to see a GIGANTIC roster. I believe 60 (or even 50) is a good number to stop on.

Unplayable characters can be assist trophies, pokeballs, bosses, items, stage props, stickers, etc.

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I actually support Dragon King too.Yes, there is a very, VERY high chance Dragon King turned into Captain Falcon but, to be honest, I don't care. Sakurai putting in the Dragon King would be a nice treat for those who are familiar with that beta.
I could see Dragon King(is that his name?) being an Assist Trophy, but not a character.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I could see Dragon King(is that his name?) being an Assist Trophy, but not a character.
He never got a name but I've been calling him the Dragon King since it's the best we got. I don't really want him (mainly because I know he pretty much has no real chance) but just him appearing would be awesome to see (even if it's an Assist Trophy)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I dislike the idea.

And frankly, Nintendo is NEVER going to run out of characters. There are a LOT, and I mean a LOT of unrepresented retro characters, unrepresented japan only characters.. And also think about the new IP's that they will produce in the future. Think of their main characters and their sidekicks /villains. That's enough material right there to even start considering a Smash-exclusive character.

I personally hated that in MvC 2 with Amigo and that female pirate. (Two spots could've easily gone to Nathan Spencer, and say... I don't know.. a Rival Schools or Powerstone character.

UNLESS, it's just ONE exclusive character, where you can customize its moves, taking stuff from other characters to use in just ONE special VS mode. (Otherwise, I can see the whole community just rolling with this character in spite of him/her being the most obviously broken character).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Depends on how the characters are done. If they are just Polygons or those terrible distortions from SSE then no.

I don't like the idea of a fighter being made specifically for smash, there are a lot of requested character that the smash team could make a unique moveset for (F-zero racers being a good example) I wouldn't mind if they made an enemy from SSE playable. I had the idea of Shadow Bugs being playable and morphing into several SSE baddies as it fights: Primids for it's A attacks, Foward B being a Ticken crest slam, Buckot for down B, etcetera. I might make a thread about it (I'll see how the idea goes here)

I also like the Dragon King fighter idea. Great call back to what smash once was. It'd be interesting if they made him cross and bitter about being replaced.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
The premise of Smash is supposed to be Nintendo characters fighting. It would seem a bit unfitting to have original characters to play as. And I didn't like all the new characters made up for Subspace Emissary in Brawl. Keep the Hands and replace the rest with enemies from the franchises included.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Really, I would have killed to have Galleom to be playable fighter. I would like something to represent Super Smash Bros. itself. It would also include some of the good music frim the SSE

And let's be honest. Most Nintendo characters suck.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is it harder and harder to add characters?

We have pages of characters people want. Some of them are topics that include multiple characters

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
But if they have to, why not bring characters from the older episodes? Like Male and Female Wireframe.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
RYU (Street Fighter)

-B neutral - Hadouken
-B up - Shoryuken
-B side - Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
-B down - Denjin Hadouken (Like Samus' B neutral)

-Smash Final - Metsu Hadouken (Like Samus' Smash Final)
-Smash Final 2 - Ryu turns into Evil Ryu with the power of Satsui No Hadou (like Sonic turning into Super Sonic) capable to throw Shakunetsu Hadoukens

-Smash Attacks - Focus Attacks

-Stage - Japan - Ryu's stage in Street Fighter II, using the roofs as ramps

-Item - Vega's claws

-Assist Trophie - Chun Li performing Hyakuretsu Kyakus

-Music - Themes from Ryu's stage in Street Fighter II, Ken's stage in Street Fighter II and Guile's stage in Street Fighter II

-Victory Pose in the results screen - "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
RYU (Street Fighter)

-B neutral - Hadouken
-B up - Shoryuken
-B side - Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
-B down - Denjin Hadouken (Like Samus' B neutral)

-Smash Final - Metsu Hadouken (Like Samus' Smash Final)
-Smash Final 2 - Ryu turns into Evil Ryu with the power of Satsui No Hadou (like Sonic turning into Super Sonic) capable to throw Shakunetsu Hadoukens

-Smash Attacks - Focus Attacks

-Stage - Japan - Ryu's stage in Street Fighter II, using the roofs as ramps

-Item - Vega's claws

-Assist Trophie - Chun Li performing Hyakuretsu Kyakus

-Music - Themes from Ryu's stage in Street Fighter II, Ken's stage in Street Fighter II and Guile's stage in Street Fighter II

-Victory Pose in the results screen - "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"
WHy would you post that in here?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Maybe Non-Specific Action Figure will make his gaming debut on SM4SH. Then again, maybe he was non-specifically made for smash all along.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've debated with myself on this idea before and I'm not sure.

Good side
- Smash is a Nintendo franchise with its own unique characters. It makes sense to have a full character to represent Smash.

- This offers the ability to create a unique limitless character just for smash. Similar to what they did with Fox and Captain Falcon but even more varied. They can have a unique fighting style or weapons most protagonist don't use (e.g. spears, tonfas, sai, cloak/dagger, etc...).

Bad Side
- Smash Bros. is about representing video game characters in a fighting game. If they wanted Smash based characters then they would have just made their own smash only roster.

- There are a lot of Video game characters that could be represented that can have very open fighting style (e.g. Waverace 64). So instead of filling the spots with them you can just pick those characters instead.

- With the lack of originality of SSE characters I find that its better when Sakurai has some guidance in making characters instead of working from scratch.

Now with that said I also thought of an idea about Tabuu being playable. After Brawl he doesn't get destroyed but instead is extremely weakened. So now he is playable and has weaken versions of his regular moves. In SSE2 he works on regaining his power with a few new tricks and his final smash you get a taste of playing full power Tabuu.

D

Deleted member

No. The closest I would get to even remotely accepting this is Mii's.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Supporting the inclusion of original fighters to be in smash proves you miss the point of the series. This is about nintendo mascots duking it. It's already enough that we have 3rd parties in. Let's not go into a direction where smash loses its identity.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Supporting the inclusion of original fighters to be in smash proves you miss the point of the series. This is about nintendo mascots duking it. It's already enough that we have 3rd parties in. Let's not go into a direction where smash loses its identity.
Amen reverend. Seriously, some people just want Smash to be friggin' MUGEN. Not that there's anything wrong with MUGEN, but Smash is supposed to be for Nintendo characters.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Amen reverend. Seriously, some people just want Smash to be friggin' MUGEN. Not that there's anything wrong with MUGEN, but Smash is supposed to be for Nintendo characters.
Nintendo Characters no one really gives a crap about.

Not to be offensive, but SSB itself, Master Rapier, is a franchise, and I say it wouldn't hurt to have at least one playable representation of itself. Something Master Hand would approve of for kick and giggles(considering his nature).

Besides, there were some good things about the Subspace Emmisary(like the Midair Staduim and, of course, the music) and I don't want them to go to waste. Tabuu could probably be the "Gill" and/or "Seth" of SSB4. Yeah, they're all generic and unoriginal, but I'd take Galleom and Duon over someone like Tom Nook amd some "Balloon Fighter" anyday.

But that's just me, and I'm going to stop.

Life

Smash Hero
You know, it occurs to me that a new character could be introduced in Smash Bros and could get its own games if it proves a popular choice. Kinda like the story of how Fire Emblem got exported.

JPW

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure if they ran out of Nintendo characters. Third Parties will be more than happy lending a hand lol.

eellliioottt

Smash Rookie
No, that would ruin the point of the game. I want Nintendo Characters not Generic Hero 1-4.
Terrible idea we still have plenty more Nintendo characters to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom