• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK National Tournament: Smash Ain't Dead

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
O.o.C Proudly Presents

Hosted by Alpha Dash
Co-Hosted by Professor Pro & Others

Saturday 18th August
South London, Croydon
Fairfield Halls, Park Lane
CR9 1DG
10am - 10pm

Directions

Fast trains from both London Victoria and London Bridge are available to EAST CROYDON
Turn RIGHT walking out of EAST CROYDON and follow the directions from the image for a 4-5 minute walk to the station

You will see a BIG building with 'Fairfield Halls' on the side, enter that building and then follow the directions in the building to the room.
The Room is on the 2nd Floor and is called 'The Maple Room'

Tournament Schedule & Fees

Sign-ups starts at 11am
Doubles will be done first for all games

Venue Fee - £5
Melee Singles Entry Fee - £5
Melee Doubles Entry Fee - £2.50 (per person)
Brawl Singles Entry Fee - £5
Brawl Doubles Entry Fee - £2.50 (per person)
Project M Singles Entry Fee - £3
Project M Doubles Entry Fee - £1.50 (per person)

Prize Pot Split
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

Join Our Community On Facebook

Event Page - http://www.facebook.com/events/253249321453995/

Community Page (all requests will be accepted) - http://www.facebook.com/groups/110893192329962/

General Melee Rules
4 Stocks
8 Minutes
Items Off
Team Attack ON
Master Hand Banned lol
Wobbling Is Allowed (up to 300%)
Stalling Is Banned

Melee Singles & Doubles Stages

Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium

General Brawl Rules
No Metaknight Ban lol
3 Stocks
8 Minutes
Items Off
Team Attack ON
Edge Grab Limit 50 (35 for Metaknight)
Stalling Is Banned

Brawl Singles & Doubles Stages

Neutral Stages

• Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

• Pokémon Stadium 1
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon
General Project M Rules
4 Stocks
8 Minutes
Items OFF (otherwise DDD pulls items even if switched to none)
Team Attack ON
Buffer is Allowed
Stalling is Banned

Project M Singles & Doubles Stages

Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
  • Dreamland 64
  • Battlefield
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Yoshi Island
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi Story

Counterpick Stages
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Metal Cavern
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Rumble Falls
  • Lylat Cruise
  • WarioWare
  • Skyworld
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Skyloft (Banned in doubles due to lag)
  • Green Hill Zone

Tournament Rules

Stage Striking
- This is done first game (and only first) of every set.
This is where is where you do Rock, Paper, Scissors and who ever wins gets to Strike 1 of the Neutral Stages, then the Loser Strikes 2 Neutral Stages, leaving the winner to decide from the 2 remaining Neutral Stages to play on
Project M Stage Striking will go 2:3:1

Stage Banning - Each player is allowed to Ban 1 Stage after the 1st match from the Tournament Stage List that they wish not to play on before the loser picks their stage. The loser of the 1st Match is allowed to reserve their ban until he/she wins a game

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser ALWAYS chooses next stage, then winner chooses character, then loser chooses character

Daves Stupid Rule - You cannot chose the stage you have most recently won on, unless your opponent agrees on it

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 6 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set

B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

Housing
TBA

Contacting Us
This can be if you have any questions on the event that you want to ask, questions on the scene, or need help on the day finding it (even though it's pretty clear lol)...anything really

Professor Pro
Number - 07944152774
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568191506

Alpha Dash
Number - 07956585596
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568191506#!/dujuan.planter

ADDITIONAL INFO WILL BE ADDED AS TIME PROGRESSES!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Looking forward to see everyone attend this event. International/oversees players are more than welcome to come. If housing is required please let us know as soon as possible so we can try and sort it out as best as we can.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Is this really only one day?
If no: interested.
If yes: anyway interested. would thee be any possibility for housing (me and 2-3 other germans: Yomi, Usleon)

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Will do my best to be at this, as it would be good preparation for BBI.

For anyone that doesn't know, Alpha Dash and Professor Pro are known to host quality events. They are always able to draw a big crowd.

If you're thinking of attending an event, this is definitely one to come down to.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Why is the entry for doubles half that of singles? I don't think that's a good idea...

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Not many people are fond of entering doubles in the UK so us lowering the entry fee usually draws more people in. In an ideal world, I'd like everyone to enter doubles but it will never have as much entrants as singles.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Oh wow, I didn't realise people actually liked my commentary, I just thought a few Europeans liked it. Good to hear though, There'll be a live stream, hopefully I won't be way too busy being a T.O so I can actually do commentary and play friendlies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Alpha Dash your commentary was awesome. Even tho the only thing you said was your name and your crew

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Loool, I can guarantee my commentary will be better coz I'll be commentating with Professor Pro, Wiggum, and some others, When I have lively people on the mic I wont get bored commentating by myself like I did at smashers reunion.

Daisy

Smash Rookie
Do you just turn up to this event or do you have to register online first?

ssjdavey

Smash Rookie
Shame that my events the day after, I'd love to come to this! Me and my team mate are unbeaten in Wales/bristol area. When's the next one? And do you have a group on fb?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Shame that my events the day after, I'd love to come to this! Me and my team mate are unbeaten in Wales/bristol area. When's the next one? And do you have a group on fb?

It's a shame to hear this, would be really good to play you as we have some really top players coming to this event from all around the UK who have travelled to America and Europe to play some of the best people in the world in Melee & Brawl...would be real exciting to see how you and your friend face against this competition. :bee:

And there won't be another for a while (like maybe November or even next year) which is why I seriously hope you can make this one.

You should be challenging yourself anyway, since you're unbeaten in Wales/Bristol, you got to see if you can remain unbeaten in the UK ;)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK

Aww man that's a Shame, I like seeing new good players, I mean myself im kind of a noob, but unbeaten in doubles DAYUM.

Dont infract me moderator

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
http://m.facebook.com/swfightnight?id=228548377219772&_rdr
This is the event that I run every 3rd Sunday of the month.
I'll chat to my team member and see if I can move work, it'll be amazing to play against some higher caliber players!! Check out the fb for my event and if u guys are ever up for some friendlies/money matches just come along. We can put you up and all too :)

Good to see that you run these events often so that's pretty good, you should join the SmashUK page and advertise your events on there to so more people can know about it can be interested

You should seriously try and test your skills at this event as there's going to be high level people at it and since you are unbeaten in your area you need to see if this is just relevant to your area or the UK :D

ssjdavey

Smash Rookie
Thanks pro If I can't make this one I'm 100% in for the next!! How come they are so infrequent? Is there any Bi monthlys or monthly tournis held in London or closer to me (s.Wales)??

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks pro If I can't make this one I'm 100% in for the next!! How come they are so infrequent? Is there any Bi monthlys or monthly tournis held in London or closer to me (s.Wales)??

There is an event called Salty Runbacks which is also in Croydon and about 10 mins away from our venue hosted every 2/3 Weeks which will be advertised on the SmashUK page.

If you want to play the best people in the UK I wouldn't advise trading this event for that though as a lot of the Top People rarely (and some never) go to those events.
There's still decent competition, but not the best.

If you REALLY want to assure yourself in playing the best people in the UK then this event would definitely be the right time.

And they are so rare because they are Big Events, and frequent Big Events reduce interest, we have Bi-Weeklies to maintain a constant stream of people playing and then big ones once or twice a year to get that hype in :D

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Is this the same place as last time ?
I mean that tournament in January, OoC or something...

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
What I would recommend is that you and other people planning on attending your event attend this one. If a group of you are able to make it that would be awesome. Seeing as your events are so frequent it would be worth rescheduling for this one, we are expecting a high attendance.

Daisy

Smash Rookie
At the beginning of the tourniment how is it decided who fights who?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Once you have paid the tournament fee you will be entered into a pool/round robin.

If it is for example its a pool of 7 including yourself you will have to play against the other 6 people in your pool and record the results. once the results are in we check 'em, the players with the highest points (number of wins) will be entered into the tournament bracket.

It's quite strait forward

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
No it's not in the exact same venue as last time, BUTT it's like 5 minutes away and actually easier to get to, just follow the directions on the 1st page and you will get there.
Ok thanks.
Are all the UK Brawl top players coming to this ?
Put me as interested as LeSyd btw, loved London :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Yeah Anaky and Kasper are coming. Calzorz says he will let me know soon but hopefully he can come. Other top brawl players will be attending too

Daisy

Smash Rookie
Do you know of anyone who would play brawl online with me? I cant really tell if I would stand a chance at the tournament. And would like some practice.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Regardless of your level you should come, we've had people of ALL different skill levels (from people who have just picked up the game) attend these events, and playing against better people in real life helps you get better and realize your mistakes and offline is 10x better then online :D

But we do have the SmashUK facebook page and quite often people post up about wanting to play Wi-Fi matches, so if you join on here, just ask to play someone and someone should respond.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/110893192329962/

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
There were slight chance that I come to this but it's eventually a bit too expensive for me, srry. :c

Top Bottom