• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you ready for the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You know: The game might have a char or two that, while being fairly good as fighters, might be more than WTF characters.
So, let's talk about the chars we actually FEAR might be in the game.

Pepsi has often tried to sneak into the world of videogames, and, paying enught, they could have their drink as iten in the game and their "hero" as characters:

m&m's company on the other side have sucessfully infiltrated their logo in really a lot of the episodes of the Anime of City Hunter: http://www.baka-raptor.com/MMCityHunter/index.php (and there is MOAR than that. I saw the anime myself). So I would not surprised if they tried to put their mascots in the game:

And here is my most fear, and probably yours, expecially after the crossover with Sonic:

I'm serious. I'm sadly serious! The little pitch has had some cartoons, anime and videogames in the past, and her franchise is like a ral life ACME (A Company Making everything). So, why not an appearance in SSB4? Only the fact they might not consider the game worth of it.

These are the ones I actually fear have a chance to be the game. What about yours?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think you should put them in that other thread with the characters who have no chance of getting in.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
M&Ms have no chance. They originated as cartoon commercial characters, not video game characters.

I don't know her full story, but I'm pretty sure Hello Kitty has the same barrier. Absolutely 0 chance.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
If any of them are in SSB4, then my mind will be blown. Now, I'm just curious, are there any other characters you want to add to this list?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Can no one on this thread read? You're supposed to discuss characters you fear may make the roster.

For me that would be Naruto. He's made it into the biggest smash bros fangames and someday in the far future, he might be viewed as an oldschool character who deserves a shot.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Naruto is impossible because he did not originate in a video game.

This is a thread for characters you fear may make the roster. I don't fear guys like Naruto, because it is impossible for him to make the cut, based on the rules laid out for characters.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Waluigi... *shudder *shudder *cries. I hate Waluigi. He was created to play tennis (no seriously, he was) and that's how he should stay. For the people who keep on saying he needs a main game of his own... THERE'S A REASON HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE!!!

And I'm not ready for him, when I go online all I'll hear is "WALUIIIIIIIGI!!!" In his stupid demented mouse-like voice. It makes me sad just thinking about it. <_>

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
hypercat: do you understand the criteria for smash bro consideration? i'm fairly certain none of those characters could ever be justified. for a third-party addition to be green-lit (and that's what they'd be, hypothetically), the character in question has to have originated in video games (pepsi, MM&Ms, and hello kitty have existed for decades before a "video game" was even a thing), have to have appeared on a nintendo console (as far as i know, the only one who has that distinction is HK, though i admit i'm not sure on the other two), and they have to have some additional significance to nintendo (snake's first games were on nintendo's consoles, plus kojima and sakurai are friends and the former asked for snake to appear; the whole mario/sonic rivalry was a big thing in the 90's, and sonic was the #1 requested third-party character by a wide margin; none of those characters have such a distinction). another thing that doesn't hurt is popularity; they look around to see who's well liked and i'm reasonably certain that literally no-one wants to see those guys join the cast. put your mind at ease - mr. pepsi dude isn't going to be swinging around a beam sword on green greens with donkey kong any time this century.

as for my worst-case scenario, i'm gonna have to agree with jigglover and say waluigi.

D

Deleted member

Zoroark.

He's the only character I'm against that I legitimately fear getting in as he's the only one from characters I am against that has a realistic shot.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Well, Snake's first game was actually on the MSX. It got an NES port, but Kojima does not consider it a good one. Among other things, it replaced the Metal Gear with a generic supercomputer you had to break.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, Snake's first game was actually on the MSX. It got an NES port, but Kojima does not consider it a good one. Among other things, it replaced the Metal Gear with a generic supercomputer you had to break.
He does like the unofficial sequel (Snake's Revenge) though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't worry Smash Wimp, it doesn't.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Off topic, but you haven't been here for a while, have you?

Anyway, I don't think anything in the first post is likely to happen, but realistic fears? I fear them adding way too many 3rd parties. I don't like that outcome, personally.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Not that I think he stands a ghost of a chance, but this thread just reminded me of another soda-based mascot who DID have his own video game. Anybody remember this?

I am so tempted to start a "Cool Spot for SM4SH!!!" thread now... :awesome:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING OF! Even a commercial mascotte can become a videogame character anytime (remember Mc. Donaldland?). Thought the Nintendo Console Rule calmed my fear. Till I reminded of The Great Giana Sisters, A game for Commodore 64 Nintendo sued for being a HUGE Rip-Off of Mario (I confirm), and then the same Nintendo let them turn it into a game for Nintendo DS.
!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zpVqrxQEX...7LY4HrA7g_E/s1600/20090816_gianasistersds.jpg!
Are they going to push the irony further and put their protagonists into SSB4?
OK! It would be less bad than the guys on the first posts, still... DO NOT WANT!

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
okay. let me try this from a different angle.

anybody that nintendo does not own (including, for the purposes of this conversation, candy mascots), is what we call "third party." now, for assorted political, legal and financial reasons, third party characters are hard for the smash team to get their hands on. this, combined with the concept of smash bros being a gathering of nintendo's finest, means that third-party characters are going to be kept at a minimum. they might add one or two more, nothing crazy. so do you really think they'll forego (for example) the immensely popular megaman for a character that nobody gives a flying fadoodlecake about?

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
My fears for playable characters?

Any Tekken Characters. No. Keep them in their fighting game and Playstation's brawler where they fit. Not Smash.

Tingle. (haha and this is coming from a huge Zelda fan that isn't a "Tingle hater". Just a "I-Don't-want-Tingle-in-Smash" Person.)

and of course the obvious that seem to ALWAYS be included in the rosters found in the comments when a random video game site talks about Smash Bros. (Goku, Naruto, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Master Chief etc...)

But that's just me :smirk:
Actually I pray It's not just me

Veggi

Smash Champion
The character I'm afraid of getting in would be Waluigi. I think he's extremely amusing as a character, but he's not important enough to deserve a spot in Smash. He wasn't even important enough to make it into the most recent Mario Kart. He's always tied to his brother, but his brother hasn't even included him in any of his games. That would mean that Waluigi would awkwardly have to be in the Mario franchise line. Even then, Waluigi has never appeared in anything but Mario spin-off games. How about Waluigi represents the Mario spin-off games? Wait, no...because Toad already has been in many more spin-off titles than Waluigi and he has also been in almost all Mario games, including being playable in some titles.

:phone:

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
The character I'm afraid of getting in would be Waluigi. I think he's extremely amusing as a character, but he's not important enough to deserve a spot in Smash. He wasn't even important enough to make it into the most recent Mario Kart. He's always tied to his brother, but his brother hasn't even included him in any of his games. That would mean that Waluigi would awkwardly have to be in the Mario franchise line. Even then, Waluigi has never appeared in anything but Mario spin-off games. How about Waluigi represents the Mario spin-off games? Wait, no...because Toad already has been in many more spin-off titles than Waluigi and he has also been in almost all Mario games, including being playable in some titles.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Damn, forgot the soup.
Some Waluigi fan I am....

Anyways, on topic, my two would be Geno and Krystal, only because I would have to eat my words on them and be forced to support them staying due to my stance against future cuts.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Dodoria from Dragonball getting in

Not because I fear his chances or lack thereof, but because I ****ing hate his fat *** lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dodoria from Dragonball getting in

Not because I fear his chances or lack thereof, but because I ****ing hate his fat *** lol
I'm worried. I read that as "Dodrio" at first...I mean, who could hate Dodrio?:awesome:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Speaking of classic characters, suddenly I remembered of Frogger and I went searching for it's author.

No, Konami! Don't do this, please! Gimme Greyfox or any Belmont, but not that!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Non-Nintendo first parties[Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Kratos, etc.](not only do these characters stand ZERO chance of appearing, but there's also some idiots that actually want them.
Nintendo characters that are almost unanimously hated [Waluigi etc.] Not only does this character stand ZERO chance of appearing, but there's also some idiots that actually want him!

I don't support any of the characters you listed, you just made up a great way to describe Waluigi in that sentence and I wanted to make sure that everybody who missed it understood!

Oh, and are you telling me that Waluigi actually has a good chance, and that if he does get in then it would be great!?
*Ring ring
Me: Hello, Psychologist, I need to arrange a meeting for Jhonnykiller45.
Psychologist: Oh? And what are this person's mental issues?
Me: Well, aside from endlessly killing Jhonny's, he actually wants Waluigi for SSB4.
Psychologist: Oh my! That is a very bad problem indeed, bring him in today, any time, I've always got time for a Waluigi supporter!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo characters that are almost unanimously hated [Waluigi etc.] Not only does this character stand ZERO chance of appearing, but there's also some idiots that actually want him!

I don't support any of the characters you listed, you just made up a great way to describe Waluigi in that sentence and I wanted to make sure that everybody who missed it understood!

Oh, and are you telling me that Waluigi actually has a good chance, and that if he does get in then it would be great!?
*Ring ring
Me: Hello, Psychologist, I need to arrange a meeting for Jhonnykiller45.
Psychologist: Oh? And what are this person's mental issues?
Me: Well, aside from endlessly killing Jhonny's, he actually wants Waluigi for SSB4.
Psychologist: Oh my! That is a very bad problem indeed, bring him in today, any time, I've always got time for a Waluigi supporter!
To be fair, you can't say his chances are zero: he appeared on Nintendo consoles and originated in video games. That alone makes him at least eligible.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ok, how about 0.01 percent then. And what about his post, Banjo-Kazooie has appeared on Nintendo consoles and originated in video games too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok, how about 0.01 percent then. And what about his post, Banjo-Kazooie has appeared on Nintendo consoles and originated in video games too.
Except that Rare is now owned by Microsoft, who would arguably never give the rights to a character to appear on a rival console, so they're essentially at 0 unless that rumor about Nintendo buying them back is true.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh right. Microsoft could let Banjo-Kazooie in as a rep for microsoft in the game, you never know, they might look at Nintendo's ratings, find that Melee was the most Popular game for the game-cube and Brawl one of the most popular for the WII and think: ' This is the best chance I've got to showcase my company on nintendo and hopefully get some more people to buy the Xbox etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh right. Microsoft could let Banjo-Kazooie in as a rep for microsoft in the game, you never know, they might look at Nintendo's ratings, find that Melee was the most Popular game for the game-cube and Brawl one of the most popular for the WII and think: ' This is the best chance I've got to showcase my company on nintendo and hopefully get some more people to buy the Xbox etc.
That would never happen. They're rival companies. They only care about money, like all companies. They would never want to increase their adversaries' sales, especially when they're using their own characters to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom