• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Katt or Krystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
If only one of these two Starfox ladies could be added to the game, which one would you opt for?
Krystal has a bigger fanbase but Katt came first, she already has two colorations and Krystal's coloration could be a third one (for the fans, you know).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd say Krystal, mainly due to the staff. With no demand and less popularity, Katt seems extremely unlikely for a Star Fox character, not to mention a character at all...

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
I'd say Krystal, mainly due to the staff. With no demand and less popularity, Katt seems extremely unlikely for a Star Fox character, not to mention a character at all...
Yeah, I agree. They have to think about popularity, because They probably don't want to waste money on someone that will never be used, you know?

Krystal has the popularity vote and having a staff would be awesome! I'd play her a lot too.

And if Katt has guns, I'll definitely not play her, since we will have Fox, Falco and (hopefully) Wolf.If they replace Wolf with her, fine. Maybe....

D

Deleted member

Krystal obviously.

The other Star Fox reps reeks of "bad idea" and that includes Katt.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Neither? Krystal if we have to add one, since she's more prominent in the franchise.

I think three reps is enough for Star Fox.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Krystal of course because she has more potential for new moves. And Katt would be only a SF type character

D

Deleted member

Even being anti-Krystal, I'd still put Krystal above Katt. She may not be all that great, but she's at least above anyone that's not Slippy, Peppy, Leon, or Andross.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Krystal. She's more popular than Katt and I seen a quite few people asking Krystal for SSB4. The star fox series need a female for ssb4.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If another Starfox rep is needed, then it will most likely be Krystal. Personally I'd rather have either Slippy, Leon, or General Scales for a 4th rep but Krystal is gonna be the obvious pick.

:phone:

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Krystal nor Katt belong in smash, if someone held a gun to my head and told me to pick though, it would have to be Krystal. Starfox isn't as popular as a series as some would want to think. No way its getting more reps then Zelda.

If another Starfox rep is needed, then it will most likely be Krystal. Personally I'd rather have either Slippy, Leon, or General Scales for a 4th rep but Krystal is gonna be the obvious pick.

General Scales was actually a thought I had a while ago. unlikely, but I think he would make a better addition then krystal.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Krystal would definitely be way better and easier to work with so I would say Krystal.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Krystal is just so lame... She replaced Slippy's role in starfox assault. Yeah that's right. Krystal is the NEW Slippy. She replaced Slippy as the character with the worst stats and you had to keep her alive otherwise ya wouldn't know how much health the boss had. She was just furry eye candy made by rareware for a game that was never meant to be starfox. (Don't get me wrong, Starfox adventures was awesome and I'll buy pretty much anything with the Rareware logo on it)

Katt on the other hand is the cool mysterious type, an ace pilot that has a history with Falco. And if Falco approves, well than who the hell are we to judge?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wuts rong with slippy as teh girl rep for SF :troll:

I see what you did there. I'd pick Kystal in terms of diversity of staff usage and being a popular female. On the side note, In the English version of Star Fox Assault, she almost got shot by an Aparoid. In the Japanese version, it was Slippy who almost got shot. :troll:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think there is a few reasons that people choose Krystal over Katt.

1. Krystal has a more unique moveset potential due to Starfox adventures and Assault. With Katt they will have to start from scratch and could lead to another luigified clone like Falco.

2. Since Krystal has a romantic realtionship with the main character fox she is much more involved in plot. Starfox Adventures and Command pretty muched revolved around their relationship. Katt on the other hand have this off and on relationship with Falco which makes her appear less.

3. Krystal has appeared in one more game than Katt. Krystal has been in Adventures, Assault, and Command while Katt has only been in 64 and Command.

I think Katt would be pretty cool if they wanted to do something crazy like giver her dual lightsabers or something but I doubt they would do that.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I like cats over foxes but Katt is a meanie. She shoots down the missiles in sector Z if you dont get to it fast enough, and that makes it much harder to get the medal in that level. I'll never forgive Katt for all the times she screwed me on that medal because its not like you can just restart because you'll lose your Hyper Lasers making it almost impossible. So you feebly try again and again with weak one shot lasers and fail then rage quit then start the game all over from the beginning!
So I pick Krystal. Besides she was in more games than Katt as well, overall shes more popular with the fans.

D

Deleted member

Although I don't support either of the two. If people ask me, i would say Krystal. I wasn't fond of Kat. I would support Krystal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Krystal.

Katt is just so.... forgettable.

Also Amanda is the best female SF character!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal gets my vote, because she's kind of all around a better choice.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't have anything against Krystal, but I think Slippy and Leon are more important characters that should be added before her, despite Star Fox getting a 4th character is already very unlikely... but, who knows?

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
I know people bring up that Star Fox is barely relevant anymore, but, in the context of Smash Bros., Star Fox characters are very popular.

Star Fox and Fire Emblem characters are some of the most loved in the game in my experience, even to those who've never played their respective games. So, while not largely popular, if Star Fox did get another rep, he/she would probably be a very popular addition once the game is out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let's look them both up on google imagine and see who has the best images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom