• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MITH4 - Melee in the Hold 4 - July 21st, 2012 - Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
First and foremost, thanks to violence for helping me create pools and bracket; tournament hosting can be super stressful and my respect for all to's has increased 10x. Really appreciate the help from Eric :)

SINGLES

1.Sion
2.Dieslow
3.RobyExtreme
4.Yakal
5.Noobking
5.Rustyshacklefurd
7.terrorbird
7.michaelblu
9.madj
9.liverymen
9.Daze
9.blueyoshi
13.bwmat
13.marshall
13.1337haxxor
13.buddy
17.lime
17.Captain L
17.Sinister
17.Violence
17.foshio
17.kaosnoob
17.faceman
17.Dazrin
25.BaconBurgers
25.kkorange
25.will
25.ganonspetmoblin

Doubles

1.Yakal + Sion
2.Noobking + Robyextreme
3.Terrorbird + Mad j
4.we're better than us (rustyshacklefurd + violence)
5.kaosnoob + daze 1.0
5.bud light lime
7.8-bit thunder
7.1337haxxor + foshio

GG's everyone, hope you all had fun. Thanks for adam, sion, dieslow, and all of victoria for making it to this!

:D

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Sion - Thanks for coming, I had fun in singles and even though you didn't turn on your **** switch when we first played it was lots of fun; we did some tight stuff
Dieslow - Thanks for coming out of nowhere and not dropping a set until grandfinals, also for the filthy
RobyExtreme - you ****, im gonna go falcon next time lmao
Yakal - Exposed kid
Noobking - Thanks for showing up man, we didn't meet up this time...but next time...u
Rustyshacklefurd - yo man good job both days, u **** and tough mudder
terrorbird - congrats on beating mad j, that dude is hardmode
michaelblu - 3 peaches and you beat them all, good stuff mike; u meik me pride also thanks for the support during doubles, needed that **** to get me hyped to win
madj - dang dude yous hella tight but **** dont lose again MAN PR
liverymen - lol you can't beat me and then lose to mike but for real GG's you're good
Daze - screeech
blueyoshi - lol rob
bwmat - ggs in pools and you can do better
marshall - yo im glad you showed up <3 luv u
1337haxxor - dang man you did work and its awesome you're having fun see you next time
buddy - im sad you left early but shieeeeeeeet filteeeeeeeee I know you can **** harder than this, more smash u and i
lime - LOL <3
Captain L - thanks for entering and good stuff, you're good and ggs in p:M :D
Sinister - pew melee
Violence - Yous bettah dan deez and thank you so much for helping me run the tourney
foshio - you too lol good stuff with that one edgeguard omg
kaosnoob - was fun just chillin' and **** more meleeee
faceman - get'em next time
Dazrin - HOLY @ the set up you brought and thanks for trying to keep everyone focused on the stream match lol
BaconBurgers - glad you had fun :3
kkorange - starcraft, good stuff entering melee BRO sorry you had to be 15 on sunday
will - yo dude you can totally do better than this!!!!
ganonspetmoblin -

thanks to everyone for coming and making this event so much fun!!!

Myezko_Lime

Smash Rookie
GG's everybody.
Shoutouts to Victoria for coming and making this tourney what it was.
Good **** on the stream, Daz. Next time I'll be there for P:M.
Thanks to Yakal for running this, and to Eric for helping out, it's your sweat (yakal) and tears that make this all possible.
My showing could have been better, but I had hella fun. Time to train up and come back to MITH 5 with a vengeance.

1337h4xx0r

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts! =D

Foshio: It was good teaming with you. GGs as well.
Noobking: Beating me with DK again? That's actually pretty legit. Wish we could have played more games though.
Blueyoshi- Anyone who plays Ness in tournament is legit. GGs and definitely want to play more games with you sometime.
Yakal- Didn't get to play you (outside of doubles, at least). =/ Cg on getting 4th though.
ganonspetmoblin- GGs and you should definitely come out more.
Sion- What happened to the mm? Oh well, we can just do that next time. Wish we could have played some games outside of doubles. And Cg on winning the whole thing.
Lime- That was seriously the most intense set I've ever had. Definitely want to play more with you.

I really wish I could have played more with everyone. Regardless, I had SOOO much fun at this and learned sooo much. Definitely can't wait until MITH 5. Also, sorry if I forgot anyone in the shoutouts.

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
MitH5 is just gonna be that much BETTER folks.

Expect WA to come to that one, so we better step it up because invaders must die and I'll be there streaming the event once again!

also Meta should be back for that one to organize it n stuff, so that means MeTahsis will be hungry for blood in doubles, so watch out.

Hype.

Sion- Really awesome meeting you! You're really cool, and a fellow filipino :p You came out of the shadows and still proved you're the best. ****. Thanks for letting me play some games with you and for talking to me despite being new and a complete scrub :p
Yakal- Yo man, MAD RESPECT for finally beating Sion and sending him to Losers. YOU DID IT! He got mad afterwards and crammed into training to make sure it didn't happen again, but its okay man. I have complete faith that you WILL climb the ladder and be the best in BC some day :p You're real damn close.
Noobking- Damn man, your falcon got HELLA FILTHY on everyone in doubles. Watching those swag combos makes me think that Evan's just talking out his *** when he says falcon sucks. YOU **** DUDE. Props for getting out of the cage and making it to the tournament! Grats on 2nd in dubs! :p
Rusty- Yo IKE LOL holy **** you went IN on P:M dude. **** combos, paving the Ike metagame with that huge *** sword. Thanks for being such a fun, hilarious guy and awesome commentary on stream haha
michaelblufalco- Yo man, you're really cool and you're just getting better and better at smash. Props for all the training you and yakal do all the time and keep it up!
Liverymen(specks)-Sorry I exposed you to the PMBR for being a guy. You had it coming though xD You're really good though, cool stuff.
DaZe(the real one)- Yo man, you're SUPER cool xD Sorry I didn't team with you and do a double-daze team, but it was probably for the best because I'm pretty bad xD I wouldn't want to let a homie down, especially after I stole your tag. :p You're super cool tho, hope to see you at more events!
BlueYoshi- sorry your 64 event didn't really materialize! I tried my best to stick around and convince people! >_< anyways goodjob for making it out here from victoria and you're damn good at melee and P:M dude, you should play it more. you poured a lot of salt on many people.
buddy- dude you're one hella tight dude, lol. GGs at the tournament and the games were legit fun! :D we should play more! Maybe one day when I'm better I'll beat you :p
lime- bro, you're a homie. too bad you didn't make it for P:M but thats okay, its not your fault lol. next time tho, you better make it :p
Captain L wo, y u so gud wit pika in al de smahs gaems? lndon, pls.
SinisterB- Yo, thanks for being the homie and helping out so much with P:M. I really appreciate all the work you've done. :p Also I'm pretty salty you beat me in tournament. I was playing horribly and had little to no warmup because of all the stream issues, while you just sat back and warmed up in friendlies the entire day. NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN. :p We should MM next tournament. I'm hungry for some free wolf.
Violence: Yo, I have no idea why the tournament became a swiss bracket, but thanks so much for helping out with that. REALLy appreciate it. Also you should play more P:M! You did pretty well!
Foshio: YO you dodged our MM, bro! haha, its cool though. I'll get at you the next tournament ;)
KaosN00B: GGs at the tournaments. Pit is free, stick to mario/peach. :D
FACEMAN: Yo, don't get so salty next time bro! Keep it cool, cuz you **** :p Also Sorry that you couldn't make it to P:M, next time I'll have it on a better day ^_^
KKOrange: KEEP PLAYING! you have so much potential. INB4 MLG.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this was a tight tourni! Gotta get an even bigger turn out next time, and run PM on the same day so I don't ditch and feel horrible about it!

Shout-outs
Yak's- Thanks for housing me man! Need to play more fox ditto's with you
Haxxor- Damn salty about our set! Jk, you played perfectly, totally shattered my confidence lol. Good ****!
GMP- Way too fun to play and chill with.
Victoria- 9TH PLACE!!!!!!! (Cept me and T-bird, good **** T-bird)
Noobking- No money match?
Faceman- ggs man, We'll have another tourni match in GFs one day hopefully haha.
Captain L- I was shaking by the end of our pools match! My goodness! Running at eachother and upsmashing TOO GOOD!
Dazrin- Again sorry for bailing on PM dude. Good job on organizing the stream and everything, that commentary that we did for a bit was probably revolutionary to the smash community...

Anyways I'll be heading to Hong Kong for 8 months in September. Victoria is hoping to host a tourni in August sometime you guys should totally head out! It will be HYPE! and the last time I'll get to see you guys for a long time </3

KKOrange

Smash Cadet
Props to yakal for putting on a fantastic tourney, so many hype matches, thanks to so many of you for being super nice (as i'm a brawl player, only a couple months into smash, originally from sc2) and i'll do my best to make it out to more melee events/smashfests because its a ton of fun, and i wanna get good at it.

couple shoutouts:
Daz- Gratz on running a great stream both days, disappointed i missed P:M :( next time bro! <3
Yakal- Gratz for being an awesome TO, and being super inviting! I promise i'll be out to some smashfests soon, and im definitely coming to future melee events! :D
Sinister- Its always fun to play melee/P:M with you and we always have great (not typically close) matches :D i wanna get better at melee/P:M and play you more :D

I know I didn't play too much melee with you guys, but I can definitely say im inspired to play more melee as I had a lot of fun on saturday! I'll be out to some more melee/P:M smashfests in the near future ^_^

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Used Mr. Game & Watch almost all tournament for melee (used Ness round 1, and 2 games as Puff vs Rusty). And placed 9th, which is by far the best placement possible (GaW reasons ;)). And the Victoria melee players know I exist... again...

Seriously, I prefer melee over brawl, but due to the fact I never play melee due to nobody playing it or contacting me, I've shown up to brawl tourneys instead. If the Victoria melee players contact me and I play melee with them when they do their melee stuff, as in, I actually get to practice melee, I will probably attend melee events as well (or instead of brawl).

Oh, and Yakal, you still owe me $5 for reduced entry fee.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
at least if WA comes, we should get a crap ton more viewers in the stream. Just gotta tell people SW and bladewise are there lol, i'm subscribed to all the communities on facebook so i'll spam the link everywhere, thanks daze for streaming. Really makes the tournament more interesting and professional.

steve got a lot better, or I just suck at fox dittos. Probably both, almost lost that set. :c

francis your peach vs fox game is scary, I actually have an easier time with my marth and falcon lol.

well.. I'm gonna try to practice more before the next tournament starts. Felt like I wasn't punishing anywhere near as usual, mostly just random jank 2 hit combos LOL

Bwmat

Smash Ace
francis ***** the spacies with peach.

The only thing I regret is going samus against ganonspetmoblin in pools... my second seed : (

shoutouts to madj/terrorbird for their ganon-destroying foxes

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
icys fml ill have to watch chu dat vs pp losers finals before every tourny lol anyway i think

sion still pre good like overwhelming pressure n ****. very standard in other aspects. still a hard thinker type player, commits heavily on predictions

roby still punishes with dash atks, ( i do too, cuz eagle believes in torture) better recovery since half a year ago

daze still rages but maintains consistent lvl of play neither excellent or bad

francis changed mains again, demands to play me a lot. but i refuse to let him get matchup experience

greg still needs to work on his matchups. switched mains to fox belived he hit a skill cap witj falco? fallacy

tonys weed still 20-25% thc content. still plays the exact same way he did 3 and half years ago. ( punish platform techs with bair lulz, missed techs on ground witj upsmash)

nathan still crouch cancel dsmash. refusez to wobble .

facemAn, dazrij, sinister, lime, buddy, + random other pple improving very well

sober adam does aight

yakals getton better

mad jay marth still meh

Top Bottom