• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring Back Philly Turnout + Results

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Thank you to everybody that stopped by, it was good to see that everyone seemed to have a great time. For those of you who couldn't make it... we have another one next month, and the month after that, and the month after that, and the month after that, and hopefully the month after that too. In case you haven't caught on, this will become a monthly series, and although I won't be around during the year, someone else is already lined up to keep things going.

With that being said, here are the results of the tournament.

Doubles
1st: Cactuar and Velocity
2nd: MetalReeper and Vorosh

Singles
1st: Cactuar
2nd: Mahone
3rd: J-Lo
4th: Velocity
5th: Vorosh
5th: MetalReeper

These will be updated with full results once I can get the bracket on my comp.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
GGs everyone. Shout outs to my 3 fellow weegee mains. Also shout outs to going 3-0 in pools and 0-2 in bracket.:(

P.S. Apollo Pizza sucks don't go there.

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
what extra prizes did cactuar get?

good games guys...
i didnt like that i was in pools with mahone & velocity... i got ***** =[

not many food options at this venue it seems like...
i like that they sold beverages there tho =]

i really need to not underestimate anyone when i play!!

also the venue needed more tvs!

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Although I have to admit that Apollo's pizza sucks, there's about 5 other restaurants within easy walking distance that are very good, and there's also a WaWa close by. So if for next time you wanna know where the good places to eat are, just ask me.

Also since pools were just for seeding, even if you do poorly, it shouldn't affect your final placement in the bracket. I used TIO to the best of its ability so that people could play against different players than usual.

As a final note, they do indeed need more TV's. I know I said that we had plenty, but I didn't think that the venue owner would lie to me about how many TV's he had available.

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
Also since pools were just for seeding, even if you do poorly, it shouldn't affect your final placement in the bracket. I used TIO to the best of its ability so that people could play against different players than usual.
ooooo omg i diddnt understand how pools worked until now... lol

knuckleface88

Smash Cadet
MorningThunder thanks for hosting the tourney it was a lot of fun. It wasn't run perfectly but I don't see anyone else taking the effort to organize something in Philly and it was well run for a first try so I have no complaints.

Shoutouts to my fellow luigi mains, I was TYPO (guy from dover) for those who don't know. Hope someone in Philly decided to pick up where this tourney left off. I would but there are no good venues in Dover, plus no one wants to travel here so...

Also if anyone is down to smash some weekends let me know.

:phone:

Top Bottom