• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus beware: Sylux for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice

I gotta admit i was genuinely surprised a thread for this guy had not come up yet I mean after all he is all but confirmed for the next metroid prime thanks to the cutscene at the end of prime 3 (come on we all know it was him) with his drain coil and various weapons he has more than enough moveset potential I mean seriously why do people not like this guy? Oh and before this thread get's bombarded with hate I would like to formaly state i do not want him to be the sole new metroid rep ridley is leagues ahead on that spot. Sylux i believe deserves the second spot though just barely above DS

Just give him a chance people his shock coil could provide a unique gimmick like perhaps his b moves heal him??

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

I gotta admit i was genuinely surprised a thread for this guy had not come up yet I mean after all he is all but confirmed for the next metroid prime thanks to the cutscene at the end of prime 3 (come on we all know it was him) with his drain coil and various weapons he has more than enough moveset potential I mean seriously why do people not like this guy? Oh and before this thread get's bombarded with hate I would like to formaly state i do not want him to be the sole new metroid rep ridley is leagues ahead on that spot. Sylux i believe deserves the second spot though just barely above DS

Just give him a chance people his shock coil could provide a unique gimmick like perhaps his b moves heal him??
No, if anything, it will be Ridley, Dark Samus, then a character from maybe Prime Hunters or the Trilogy. Myself, i started a Rundas thread from Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Rundas and Sylux are very similar in body shape but i dont know about abilities.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
No, if anything, it will be Ridley, Dark Samus, then a character from maybe Prime Hunters or the Trilogy. Myself, i started a Rundas thread from Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Rundas and Sylux are very similar in body shape but i dont know about abilities.
Very well but i will say i think sylux has a chance because he is almost 100% confirmed to have a role in prime 4 and it seems like he is going in the direction of being samus's rival. Oh and i completely agree that ridley deserves to be the next rep i'm just not sold on dark samus.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sylux kind of reminds me of Rundas, and all the other hunters, because what they all have in common is that they are nobodies with no chance for Smash at all.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Sylux kind of reminds me of Rundas, and all the other hunters, because what they all have in common is that they are nobodies with no chance for Smash at all.
Isn't having the most viewed character thread enough for you Oasis?
Sylux could be put in as advertisment for Prime 4, thats what they did with the Fire Emblem characters like Marth and Roy.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Hey that's not nice.

I don't agree that they have absolutely no chance, just very small one. Metroid has a limited amount of "face" characters to choose from. We could see the more popular characters from the franchise in some form. Metroid definitely deserves much more.

It would be a pleasant surprise if that ship is Sylux's because Metroid will be gaining another recurring character. The Dark Samus fan in me hopes that it is her new shell, even though that's very unlikely. :awesome:

:phone:

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice

Please note that the ship from hunters is the front while the one from prime 3 is the back also the wings close in closer to the ship at the end which make it look even more like sylux (plus the obvious ds to wii graphics shift)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sylux is the only hunter in prime hunters with a ghost of a chance, due to him actually playing a role in the story somehow. But there are like 90 other Metroid characters that need to be in first, and they're all villians. Sorry sweety :C

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say Sylux has the best chance of any of the hunters, but that really isn't saying very much. I'd bet we would get no Metroid newcomers before getting a playable hunter in SSB4. Ridley and Dark Samus are honestly the only possible Metroid reps.

Sylux could be put in as advertisment for Prime 4, thats what they did with the Fire Emblem characters like Marth and Roy.
If Prime 4 is in development now (when Sakurai is creating the roster) and if Sylux has a major important role, than that would be the only way for Sylux to actually have a chance. A poor chance, he still wouldn't get in before Ridley, but a chance.

But honestly Sakurai doesn't include characters for purely advertisement purposes, so Sylux would only make it in if he got a lot more popular, which would probably only happen after Prime 4 (and only if Sylux played a major role). And that would probably be after the roster was already selected for SSB4. Plus Metroid getting more than one new rep in SSB4 is very unlikely. So no, Sylux won't get in for SSB4.

And the FE characters weren't added for advertisement. Marth's games were over two gens old anyway. Contrary to belief, Roy wasn't added for advertisement either, but because Sakurai thought he represented Fire Emblem well. I doubt the same could be said for Sylux.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I guess roy's game coming out the year after melee was a coincidence? And also lucario....nuff siaid
Sure, being in Smash does act as advertisement for the games the characters are from, but it was never Sakurai's intention to include a character for just advertisement purposes, including Roy. Roy was chosen by Sakurai (not Intelligent Systems) because he thought it was a good character to represent Fire Emblem with (alongside Marth). If you don't believe me, you can go to the Roy thread and read it yourself.

People seem to forget that Lucario was far and away the most requested Pokemon character for Brawl, so it wasn't purely for advertising reasons when he was included. This can't be said for Sylux, who is dwarfed in popularity and demand compared to Ridley and even Dark Samus.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
He would be cool, he seems like he would use his gun as neutral B and then the rest of his moves would be physical attacks and he would use his lockjaw like the morph ball

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
He would be cool, he seems like he would use his gun as neutral B and then the rest of his moves would be physical attacks and he would use his lockjaw like the morph ball
I kinda thought lock jaw could be a recovery move where he rapidly spins in that form for a side recovery and combo damage.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I could see him, but i wonder how his attributes would be? What character could he relate to in terms of speed, weight, jump?
I think the armor would be heavy, but also give him speed and such.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I could see him, but i wonder how his attributes would be? What character could he relate to in terms of speed, weight, jump?
I think the armor would be heavy, but also give him speed and such.
Judging by his sleek design i would imagine a speedy samus that deals less damage hit per hit but can deliver alot of them in quick succession with some excellent combos.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Judging by his sleek design i would imagine a speedy samus that deals less damage hit per hit but can deliver alot of them in quick succession with some excellent combos.
Actually i think it would be more of a Fox to Wolf transition, or like a Marth to Ike.
One slower but stronger and one faster but weaker, with Samus being faster, because she has the Chozo DNA which makes her faster than most humanoids.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Actually i think it would be more of a Fox to Wolf transition, or like a Marth to Ike.
One slower but stronger and one faster but weaker, with Samus being faster, because she has the Chozo DNA which makes her faster than most humanoids.
But she's so slow in smash are you saying she will get a speed buff in ssb4 because if so i can see sylux just as easily taking the "wolf" route.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Samus gaining a speed buff, actually an overall buff.

I've sadly not played Prime Hunters so I don't have much input on Sylux. I would still like him to continue in the Metroid franchise, along with Dark Samus. Metroid needs some more familiar faces.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice

I've sadly not played Prime Hunters so I don't have much input on Sylux. I would still like him to continue in the Metroid franchise, along with Dark Samus. Metroid needs some more familiar faces.

Especially after the SUPER BOOST!! in other m i would agree to one as well. Also in hunters he had a arm canon like samus that's about all i got though LOL

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

Samus needs a buff as much as Metroid needs more reps. Her blaster, missiles, speed, and basically anything else got nerfed.
And not so much familiar faces as familiar helmets.:troll:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Bump from the days of old.

I thought that Sylux deserved to be talked about again in light of the Lucina-Marth news. What are your thoughts on this potential character. I know people are leaning toward Ridley, but why not both?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
why a ridley sylux reveal would be cool... still not convinced, what i would like to see is sylux (and maybe anthony higgs) appearing in other metroid games first. with the small chance of 2 new metroid games (but at least one new metroid game) who knows? ironically i think that sylux would be a better samus clone than dark samus :v

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Sylux was mine favourite character to use in Metroid Prime: Hunters. Although, mine favourite weapon was not the Shock Coil, it was the Judicator. I just love how the Judicator's shots bounced off walls; a charged shot inside a narrow corridor can do some gruesome things to an opponent. I liked Sylux mainly for his alternate form, Lockjaw. Although, I stopped playing the game online because of all the hackers. That, and I really mutilated mine touchscreen playing that game.

Anyhow, though I doubt Sylux will appear in Smash 4, at least not as playable, I can definitely see how the character can work. Unfortunately, in terms of seniority and notoriety, he is severely outranked by Ridley.

Though I doubt it will happen, I would love for Sylux to appear in one of the core Metroid titles. I think he would make an interesting antagonist, and I'd like to know more about the character's past.

[collapse="Metroid: Other M spoilers"]Besides Dark Samus and Melissa "MB" Bergman, he's pretty much the only Metroid villain I favour. I really wish they had not killed off Melissa Bergman; I think she would have made an interesting recurring villain. Maybe they could bring her back somehow.[/collapse]

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
something i really liked on fusion was how SA-X made you feel like being hunted. i wouldn't mind sylux getting similar treatment in a future metroid game. while samus hunts whatever the big bad is this time, someone could employ Sylux to hunt samus. while unlike Ridley who would prefer a straight conforntation, i think that Sylux wouldn't take his chances against samus and would stalk her until she is in a weakspot (say after a boss battle) and start hunting her, and upon seeing that the hunt didnt bring a easy victory, he would retreat and keep stalking samus until another opportunity arises. in other words, a constant threat unlike other bosses.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Despite equally low chances, id rather have Rundas (for a lack of Ice-based fighters) Id still welcome Sylux should he be welcomed in though, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If we can't have Ridley, I would like this guy or Anthony Higgins. Would opt more for Anthony if he wasn't so "space mariney".
He appears in Prime 3? Never finished it but at least that gives him 1 more game over all the other hunters.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
really sylux only chance would be to be in the next metroid game, have an important or interesting role and the game to be a succes and in 3 to 4 years, once nintendo decides to make a second batch of dlc characters he may be considered. (at least as an original character) right now, it's either Ridley or nothing. so i guess the best support he/she could have is hoping he/she is in the next metroid game.

EDIT: Except (as the one who necroed this thread pointed) maybe as a samus clone, considering of all the metroid characters... it's the one it would kinda work better somehow. but i'm not sure if i'm happy with the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom