• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How/When do you want to find out the final roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
When, as in relation to when the game comes out (could also discuss that here), would a final roster be released?
How? Would it all be at once? Would you like teasers, or puzzles of some kind, to figure out which characters have made the cut? Maybe some sort of week-by-week event where a clue is given out to find out who made it that week?

How do you want it? Discuss.

dengel

Smash Cadet
I wanna play "WHO'S THAT POKEMON?", but with newcomers, once a day leading up to the release of the game.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I want to find out the final roster by playing the game silly...
no but srs. no spoilers a week before the game's release anything we know prior is fine, but I want to see the final roster after I've complete everything needed to obtain the characters like in Smash 64 & Melee

dengel

Smash Cadet
I want to find out the final roster by playing the game silly...
no but srs. no spoilers a week before the game's release anything we know prior is fine, but I want to see the final roster after I've complete everything needed to obtain the characters like in Smash 64 & Melee
On second thought, I agree with this. Finding out the roster as you play makes "Challenger Approaching!" so much more exciting, even if "WHO'S THAT POKEMON" is cool too...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How I'd like to find out the roster is by trailers and updates on the SSB4 website. I even don't mind finding out about hidden characters that are revealed on the website before the NA release.

How I will find out about the hidden roster is by leaks before the game comes out, followed by leaked screenshots and videos the week before release in Japan.

As for when the final roster will be revealed? Officially, when they've all been released on the website (probably a couple weeks after release). Unofficially, sometime before the game comes out.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
When: RIGHT NOW!

How: Sakurai putting out a list and some fun comments on all the characters.

Really though I'm fine with the little bit here and there on the Dojo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd wait until the game is released before revealing all the unlockable characters. Until then, starters only.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Here's what would be ideal for me:

- Confirm starting newcomers though the SSB4 Dojo pre-launch as with Brawl.

- Confirm returning and newcomer 3rd parties via the SSB4 Dojo pre-launch as with Brawl, even if unlockable.

- Confirm returning previously cut veterans (Mewtwo, Roy, etc.) via the SSB4 Dojo pre-launch, even if unlockable.

- Add the secret characters to the Dojo post-launch as with Brawl.

With Brawl, I saw the full roster after it came out in Japan. I will not be doing that this time. I'll follow the Dojo, and that's it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'd want a trailer like the one in the brawl video place (forgot the name) where it showed Wario ZSS etc. I'd also like it to be on TV... But I only want it to reveal 3 or 4 of them.

D

Deleted member

When: Whenever. I've never really cared for spoilers. I like to know any information when it's avaialble.

How: However. Be it an official reveal or a leak. A trailer or pictures. Doesn't matter.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i want to find out almost immediately, don't tease us with several weeks/months of updates one character at a time, only for us to be disappointed in the end like in brawl because our favorite character didn't make it while we kept waiting and holding on that they would.

the instant they settle on the final roster themselves, they need to let us know as opposed to making us wait.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
As with Brawl, I want to find ut immediately and jump into the loving or hating of the character. I remember when R.O.B. got confirmed and everyone either freaked with joy or fear..I want to experience that again! As soon as humanly possible

:phone:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Wouldn't mind seeing spoilers for the originals from SSB64, but I'm gonna try my best to resist anymore than that. Aww who am I kidding, I'm gonna scavenge for every last bit of info. It's just that experiences are so much better when you have no idea what to expect, like an amazing movie you never saw a preview for so all the jokes weren't spoiled by it.

Maybe Nintendo will leak little clues and send us on a scavenger hunt around the world.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd like to see most of the unlockables remain hidden, and only the starters/returning vets be revealed.

I'd also like it if people who import the Japanese version had the courtesy to refrain from spoiling the roster. But that probably won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom