• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The angry mole: Mr. Resetti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Mr. Resetti is the underground (much literally) guardian of the world of Animal Crossing.
Whenever the player is resetting the game or forgot to save the game before turning it off, Mr. Resetti is going to pop out to spread his dissense on that.
After being mocked so much time for his anger he decided to join the Super Smash Bros. tournament to show he's not a guy to joke with.

Kind: Middle heavy

Standard Special: Scream Blocks.
Mr. Resetti shoots stone blocks that for the sentence DON'T RESET in japanese kanjis. The move is powerful but has a short range. However he can picks up the unused blocks and throw them. Unfortunately even his opponents can pick them up.

Side Special: Boomerang Pickaxe (chargable)
Mr. Resetti throws his pickaxe and, once hitted the target it bounces back. The more it's charged the further it goes. If it doesn't hit anything it can get stuck on the ground and it can be picked up by any player. If it falls off the screen, Mr. Resetti's Brother, Don Resetti, pops out nearby with a new axe, which can be stealed too.

Down Special: Holeport.
Mr. Resetti sinks into the ground and pops up under the next opponent, causing damage.

Up special: Steam Of Rage.
Mr. Resetti roars and produces an ascending cloud of steam from his helmet.
By pressing the special attacks button repetitely he keeps roaring and produces a series of clouds.

Final Smash: BIG SCREAM BLOCKS.
Mr. Resetti brings out a megaphone and produces a long series of DON'T RESET blocks much bigger than the normal ones.
Even these, thought, can be picked up by anyone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mr. Resetti is the underground (much literally) guardian of the world of Animal Crossing.
Whenever the player is resetting the game or forgot to save the game before turning it off, Mr. Resetti is going to pop out to spread his dissense on that.
After being mocked so much time for his anger he decided to join the Super Smash Bros. tournament to show he's not a guy to joke with.

Kind: Middle heavy

Standard Special: Scream Blocks.
Mr. Resetti shoots stone blocks that for the sentence DON'T RESET in japanese kanjis. The move is powerful but has a short range. However he can picks up the unused blocks and throw them. Unfortunately even his opponents can pick them up.

Side Special: Boomerang Pickaxe (chargable)
Mr. Resetti throws his pickaxe and, once hitted the target it bounces back. The more it's charged the further it goes. If it doesn't hit anything it can get stuck on the ground and it can be picked up by any player. If it falls off the screen, Mr. Resetti's Brother, Don Resetti, pops out nearby with a new axe, which can be stealed too.

Down Special: Holeport.
Mr. Resetti sinks into the ground and pops up under the next opponent, causing damage.

Up special: Steam Of Rage.
Mr. Resetti roars and produces an ascending cloud of steam from his helmet.
By pressing the special attacks button repetitely he keeps roaring and produces a series of clouds.

Final Smash: Mr. Resetti brings out a megaphone and produces a long series of DON'T RESET blocks much bigger than the normal ones.
Even these, thought, can be picked up by anyone.
The only mole Smash needs is in my signature.:smirk:

Either way, Sakurai essentially ruled out all AC characters.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I swear does EVERY assist trophy have support for being playable? I mean I can get a few but alot of them were assist trophies for a reason...

D

Deleted member

Damn, I was planning on making a Resetti thread...

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Did Sakurai really rule out AC characters? I thought he said that the only series without playable characters that is worthy of getting a rep is AC. (or something like that.) I'm not really for Resetti being being in it. I always thought that Tom Nook would be more likely.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

That's what was said, essentially.

He mentioned in the article that the series wouldn't fit, pretty much/

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
YES, YES, YESSSSSS!! I would love it if his Final Smash made it look like the game reseted & then the stage & characters return & then GIANT Resetti rages & starts wacking everybody in sight with his pick axe

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I swear does EVERY assist trophy have support for being playable? I mean I can get a few but alot of them were assist trophies for a reason...
Can't let you do that Andross! :awesome:

On the side not, Ressetti makes sense as a fighter considering that he's the most aggressive and violent Animal Crossing character. There's even a parental advisory on one Animal Crossing game in Europe because of him possibly scaring the players. That temper and pickaxe is what wold make him a deadly character. He should be in along with Major Burrows, Muddy Mole, Excadrill, and Diglett. :troll:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Can't let you do that Andross! :awesome:

On the side not, Ressetti makes sense as a fighter considering that he's the most aggressive and violent Animal Crossing character. There's even a parental advisory on one Animal Crossing game in Europe because of him possibly scaring the players. That temper and pickaxe is what wold make him a deadly character. He should be in along with Major Burrows, Muddy Mole, Excadrill, and Diglett. :troll:
off course you forget bottles :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

That's what was said, essentially.

He mentioned in the article that the series wouldn't fit, pretty much/
Neither Nook or Rosetti are those characters though.

Nook for smash

D

Deleted member

Neither Nook or Rosetti are those characters though.

Nook for smash
"Characters like the above".

Tom Nook is pretty much in the same boat as the Villager. Neither are "plausible to fight".

Resetti may be a different story however, with his rage and weapon.
But still, being that of the same series, he will likely be brushed off just the same, sad as it may be.

Resetti is one of my most wanted characters....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tom Nook is not like the above. He's a lot more awesome.

I don't see Rosetti breaking a knee cap over a loan the person never wanted

D

Deleted member

Tom Nook is not like the above. He's a lot more awesome.

I don't see Rosetti breaking a knee cap over a loan the person never wanted
No, but I see him beating the living crap out of people that resets one too many times.

YES! Mr. Resetti is one of my favorite character picks for smash...I just don't talk about it because I don't want to be ridiculed.

Unlike other Animal Crossing characters he is actually a violent sonofa*****. He is a pick ax wielding constantly enraged mole. He has a unique build and a unique weapon. He really just feels tailor made for smash. The idea of him finally snapping and running around the stage furious honestly just makes me...happy. :joyful:

Besides, who dosn't want to beat up Resetti after all these years? Just imagine his face when he is punched in the gut. It would be hystrical.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, even Resetti himself claims he should be a fighter.

(Then turns around saying that it's actually not all it's cracked up to be, what with potential injuries like pulling muscles if you don't stretch properly.)

Then turns around again saying that he'd pretty much beat the snot out of everyone if he was fighting.

Resetti would be perfect for a fighter.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
He even has a full body model.
If you sneak into his HQ or if you go to the cafeteria on 6 AM (often) you can find him standing and see he has legs.

I remember arguing with people for hours on other forums about whether Resetti ever left his mole hole and had legs. I scoured the internet looking for proof he had legs and was stoked when I finally found this:

Now he's walking around in almost every game and even has a trophy in brawl showing his legs. :facepalm:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At least it's not another Diglett situation, huh? :awesome:

I do admit though, if we were to get an AC rep, I'd like it to be either Resetti or K.K. Slider, personally. Although, of those two, Resetti is a bit more likely due to a more violent nature. K.K. seems like more of a pacifist hippy type. :cool:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Basically above. Also, resetti is assist trophy and K.K. features in the stage. So I think that in regards to impotance to brawl, they cut above the rest of AC. I'm used to AC being assassins creed :bee: and am not a big fan of animal crossing. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least it's not another Diglett situation, huh? :awesome:

I do admit though, if we were to get an AC rep, I'd like it to be either Resetti or K.K. Slider, personally. Although, of those two, Resetti is a bit more likely due to a more violent nature. K.K. seems like more of a pacifist hippy type. :cool:
I disagree.

Nook is the plot of the game. Your mission is to pay him off. He's the one that gives you your house and everything.

KK is just a side character that does music occasionally. But I'll agree Rosetti is significant for the game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know, I just said I'd like K.K. more. I know he has no shot, trust me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I misread, I thought you said KK and rosetti would be the only choices

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I see. It's fine, I've done that before.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
As far as having an AC rep in smash, this is how I see it:

Importance in AC:
Tom Nook: what PsychoIncarnate said, for being the plot of the game.

Villager: the character you play.

Able Sisters(Sable and Mabel, not counting Labelle): Sable makes clothes that you can buy from Mabel. Also their story Arc, which I find surprisingly deep (not shocking deep but interesting) for how the games are like.

Mr. Resetti: Might be on bath salt Explained by OP and others on why he's significant.

K.K. Slider: plays music, not really important.

As a Unique fighter:

Mr. Resetti: For his salty personality, having a pick axe that can be utilized for his moveset as well as digging. If Muddy Mole doesn't make it into sm4sh as a digging type character then Resseti's the next best choice.

Tom Nook/Villager: Furniture and other tools Nook sells to you in AC. And some Tanuki traits could be used for his move set. The Villager's move set could end up being too similar to Nooks, except without the Tanuki charm to it. But Villager could possibly be customizable in a smash game. I'm undecided between the two.

Able Sisters: I'm most likely the only one to mention Sable and Mabel as either tag team characters or transforming like PKMN trainer. Most likely because of their chances as playable or aren't aware of any AC characters. As a tag team (ICs) they would fight with clothing and tools to make...clothing. As transforming chars, like switching between the two, Sable would be a slower and less energetic/tired character (for working so much), while Mabel would be a faster and more energetic character. I'm gonna stop here and just make a thread for these two. Also, doesn't Sakurai like transforming characters? I hear people mention it but I'd like a source to make sure.

K.K. Slider: I could actually see him playable if he fights with not only a guitar but with music notes. His grab could be swinging his mic at you (wire attached to mic). He use it to recover as well like Link's, Samus, Zero Suit, and Lucas' zair's. Otherwise he's unlikely compared to the Able sisters imo.

Then again there's a chance we won't get a AC in smash 4 because "they are characters that can't fight". I hope Sakurai reconsiders.

SpinDoctor

Smash Rookie
Then again there's a chance we won't get a AC in smash 4 because "they are characters that can't fight". I hope Sakurai reconsiders.

Fox wasn't played outside of his Arwing until AFTER his appearence in Smash. He had never been shown fighting outside of his ship until afterwards (As far as I know.)

Nor was Captain Falcon. In fact, I don't think he's EVER been playable outside of his vehichle.

Zelda never fought at ALL. (Technically not...)

That's 3 characters who didn't really fight hand-to hand, and they got in. That makes not including any AC characters, frankly, stupid.

(Sorry for replying to a dead thread, I couldn't resist.)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Fox wasn't played outside of his Arwing until AFTER his appearence in Smash. He had never been shown fighting outside of his ship until afterwards (As far as I know.)

Nor was Captain Falcon. In fact, I don't think he's EVER been playable outside of his vehichle.

Zelda never fought at ALL. (Technically not...)

That's 3 characters who didn't really fight hand-to hand, and they got in. That makes not including any AC characters, frankly, stupid.

(Sorry for replying to a dead thread, I couldn't resist.)
The problem is that those characters are used to combat. Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter, Zelda HELPED Link fight Ganon (That does count), Fox is a mercenary.

It can easily be assumed that Cap and Fox can fight due to their occupations. So it doesn't matter if they never fought outside of their vehicles before.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
And Mr. Resetti clealrly expressed his wish to join the combat in the previous game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Resseti, the guy who make that ikusaba Smash website and all that trophy art (who is on Pixiv), recently made a trophy of Resseti holding his pickaxe in a threatening manner while on foot.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Speaking of Resseti, the guy who make that ikusaba Smash website and all that trophy art (who is on Pixiv), recently made a trophy of Resseti holding his pickaxe in a threatening manner while on foot.
Can you send it? I can't seem to find it.

SpinDoctor

Smash Rookie
Well, look what I did.

Anyway, there's still no point in NOT having a character to represent Animal Crossing. And don't think I'm gonna rant on this, Imma save it for the Proving Grounds. There's NO EXCUSE.

D

Deleted member

Bumped for some mole elbows.

Considering that the film had him as the "enforcer of rules" in the town, it sounds more like Resetti would be one to beat up people, no? :awesome:

He could even use his voice from the animated film! (Would have to be dubbed for non Japanese versions, though who would be perfect as Resetti?) I also noticed that when you first summoned him in Brawl, he attempts to claim he's the most popular Animal Crossing character and that he's a pretty big deal. It makes me wonder how accurate he may be about his popularity....

I suppose Sakurai's idea for the Village Boy fighting with a shovel and bug net could be given to Resetti for some moves if he doesn't make the Village Boy a fighter or give them to Tom Nook as a fighter. (Just say he has a magic pick that can transform to suit different situations. :troll:)

EDIT: As for his lecturing Assist, have Cranky Kong take his place, and even have the two argue with each other if Resetti has a lecturing-based Final Smash and uses it while Cranky is lecturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom