• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOPE 5!! The Carroll house edition!!

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
SINGLES (31 entrants)

1: VaNz :peachmelee: :foxmelee:
2: SilentSwag :sheikmelee: :falcomelee:
3: Wenbobular :falcomelee:
4: TheLake :zeldamelee: :marthmelee:
5: Nakamaru :falconmelee:
5: Abate :luigimelee:
7: Carroll :foxmelee:
7: Green Ranger :dkmelee:
9: S1 :foxmelee:
9: Get Low :peachmelee:
9: Slamus :marthmelee:
9: ThethetheLyme :random:
13: Dempt :marthmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
13: Cave Dweller :peachmelee:
13: Taki :foxmelee: (Forfeited outta respect to slam dog and the slam mob)
13: Sweet :sheikmelee: :zeldamelee:
17: Technical Chase :sheikmelee:
17: Jwns :falcomelee:
17: Stro :linkmelee:
17: D20 :younglinkmelee:
17: Buford :kirbymelee:
17: Sweaty Thumbs
17: Freeway :sheikmelee: :iceclimbers:
17: Darkfire1502 :luigimelee:
25: J Bro :ganonmelee:
25: Tyler :drmario:
25: Joe Paturnip :peachmelee:
25: DKU0 :pikachumelee:
25: Brawl Guy :falcomelee:
25: MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL :marthmelee:
25: Tezushi

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"][/COLLAPSE]

Doubles (11 teams)

1: Vudu and Swag
2: Naka & Lake
3: Carroll & Abate
4: Vanz and Dempt
5: Jbro and Joe Paturnips
5: Taki & Lyme
7: GR & sweet
7: CaveDweller and Stro
9: Buford & Tyler
9: Skips & Space Dude
9: Get Low & Jwnz
9: Tech chase & Tedium

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"][/COLLAPSE]

Brawl Singles (10 person RR)

1. Tech_Chase :dedede::wario:($60)
2. Mav :metaknight::fox:($35)
3. Space Thing:lucario:($5)
4. The Green *******:gw:
5. Col:marth::ike:
6. Incom:sonic:
7. Vegeta:marth:
8. Skips:lucario::random:
9. Hari:pit:
10. jbro:marth:

Round Robin:

M@v

Subarashii!
We had 10 brawl people show up, so we had a 10 dollar round robin for them. Apex ruleset. Very casual and laid back. Was hot, but everyone had fun :)

1. Tech_Chase :dedede::wario:($60)

Round Robin:

Expect next hope to be sometime in the Fall to make up for this spur of the moment occurrence. There has never been a hope in the fall, so that will hopefully help attendance.

P.S. Glad I could grace you melee folks with my amazing melee skills :)

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
I like this tourney format. If only we had the chance to do this kind of thing more often. Anyways, can't wait for Hope 5 when it really happens! ...On another note, are we gonna do shoutouts for an event like this? .o.

M@v: Rematch under your win conditions at the next tourney? :D

Life

Smash Hero
Rushed wee-hours-of-the-morning shouts! (I might do them more detailed later, I just need something to do until this caffeine wears off)

1. Tech_Chase :wario::dedede:($60)
ggz you two

you're getting really good at this, ggz

:mad: lol j/k but I got this next time

very ggz, that was intense

:salt:

vegeta blah blah power level blah blah scouter
but gg

gg

don't forget to get that replay (me vs. TGB on FD)
and you're also the only non-marth I beat (Col doesn't count, he's a half-marth), so congrats
and it can't be that hard to hit him once ;)

gg, if you ever decide to take this game seriously you can ask me anything

unknown522

Some guy
Jaden Vanz does it again!

Good work on second johnny

Wenbo in 3rd? I'm interested

I really really wanted to make this, but no ride -_- and Megabus doesn't go from Toronto to pittsburg anymore

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shoutouts when I don't feel on the verge of death.
The drive back to MD was pretty brutal haha

Thanks for hosting / housing Carroll, was mad fun
Shoutouts to silentswag nakamaru carroll and thelake for some hype sets on the recording, looking forward to the vids

Shoutouts to Taki for allowing us to follow him around haha

dkuo

Smash Lord
nice meeting and playing all of you :D

might come down again some day in the future, if not to just redeem myself in tourney...stupid choking, gotta keep playing...

shoutouts

VaNz - learned a lot from playing you. good games, your peach is amazing!
SilentSwag - as i said before we should play more next time we meet. definitely not ready for your mm proposition just yet though lol
Wenbobular - good **** bro
TheLake - our friendlies were a lot of fun :) I'll get your zelda next time...or your marth, idk <_< one of the two
Nakamaru - your characters are super fun to watch, keep doing your thing
Abate - your luigi is crazy good man, really fun to play. ggs
Carroll - I can't believe I didn't play you lol. thanks so much for running a great event!
Green Ranger - dude your DK combos are sick, definitely raised my thoughts about DK. just watch out for falco shenanigans, and wenbo says you should upb oos more :bee: ggs
S1 - nice SD inducing skills lmao. I'll get you in fox dittos next time...
Cave Dweller - ggs :) wanna do a MM next time we meet? I am super salty about our set lol
Taki - thanks for showing how much I still need to learn about marth o_O and also for helping us with navigation johns
D20 - man, I feel very misdirected in all of the games we played...ggs
DKU0 - what are you doing all the way down at 25th man :urg: thought you were over tourney nerves
Vudujin - ggs, your low tiers are mad good :D shame you werent in the tourney

edit: does anyone know when the videos will be up?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^ Thanks Juu. <3

And Mav I used like 80% :dedede:, he should be first.

Anyway, I'm on my way home finally! I had a blast at this!! Some of most fun I've had in a very long time at a Smash event period.

I'll do proper shoutouts later.

Buford

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to slamdog for information on tricking, sounds sick

Shoutouts to taki for taking me out of losers in under 2 minutes

Shoutouts to brawl guy, thanks for the friendlies

Shoutouts to dempt, good suggestion on the monster, had one, best thing ever.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Some quick shoutouts:

Tedium (Brawl Guy/Beer Guy): Eric, thankss much for everything this weekend. Its always fun hanging out with you brother. Hope we can chill before you go off to basic training!

Carroll: Thanks so much for housing and hosting! Always a fun guy to be around. You're so good at creating a fun atmosphere and making everyone feel comfortable. I'm so glad I came out to this...had a blast!

SilentSwag: Thanks again for the housing! So proud of you for almost beating VaNz. Super legit player. You're doing your region proud.

Jbro: GGs in both Brawl and Melee. Sorry about Melee ...:sheik: is just the gayest thing in existence. GGs in basketball too!

Dempt: Really cool guy to hang around. Thanks for the kind words as well. I'm glad I could help you get back on your feet. Hopefuly next time we can play some Melee!

Solace One: Nice hanging out with you too! Good **** in basketball as well. The best team lol.

BULA Sweet: Hey nice to actually talk with you this time my dude! We should play each other next time. Treat my old Mele disc well! ;)

TheLake: Too bad we didn't get to really talk. But nice to meet you and good placement!

Joe Paturnip: Nice to hang out with you this weekend! You can really hustle in basketball! And thanks for the kind words as well. Hope you keep playing and getting better. Everyone has a few bad events.

Nakamaru: Nice to meet you. Your Zelda is a jerk. :( lol.

Wenbo: GGs. I did a little better than I thought. You're really good though.

Get Low: GGs. I'm still outraged you're not a black man who screams "OKAY!" :smirk:

Mav: GGs. Close games. Good luck with your job interview! I'm sure we'll meet again soon.

Space Thing: You impressed me with your tech skill. You need the reads though to go with them. You're solid though, keep improving!

Green Ranger: I love your :gw:! So smart and has some sick reads. I caught on to you but I'm still rather impressed. Keep it up son! Good job beating Mav as well.

Colaya: GGs. You have to hav absolutely precise spacing against D3 or dumb stuff happens. You're no slouch though..you need more experience and you'll be good to go. There's a pretty smart player lurking in you.

Incom: GGs. :sonic: is too gay. :awesome:

Skips: GGs. Roll less. Dair less. Read more. Space more.

Vegeta: GGs dude. I had fun playing you. Hope you can start your own scene over here! If you ever have any questions about it...you can ask me :)

Hari: GGs. Looks like I just completely overwhelmed you this time. Then again neither of us got any sleep. I was expecting a hype rematch. Keep working at it. You need stronger mix ups and to camp harder. You kept trying to chase Wario ...which is exactly what I wanted. You gotta play gayer. Anyway looking forward to the next time!

Pittsburgh thanks so much for a DAMN good time! I had a ****ing blast! I'll be back here again soon even if its just a Melee event. Y'all are so chill and easy to talk to. Until then....stay sexy Pittsburgh!

:denzel:

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
SINGLES (31 entrants)

1: VaNz - came through hard again. you are TOOO good.
2: SilentSwag - played so well. i wanna see you beat him next time.
3: Wenbobular - good **** on beating my entire town
4: TheLake - funniest dude in the world, good to see you at a tournament again. you did ditch at eat 'n park though >:(
5: Nakamaru - **** falcon that I don't know how to play. wish we got some more games in.
5: Abate - never got to play you
7: Green Ranger - we will have good sets in the future. and I will be taking my dollar back, GET AT ME
9: S1 - you suck ******
9: Get Low - THE GOD SQUAD *****HHHHH. you played mad well at this, good ****
9: Slamus - legend
9: ThethetheLyme - never got to play you :(
13: Dempt - big ol Dempt, what are you doin down here? :/
13: Cave Dweller - never got to play you. :(
13: Taki (Forfeited outta respect to slam dog and the slam mob) - best eat 'n park table
13: Sweet - sorry about your bracket, I shouldn't have played you that early but I guess it's how it goes sometimes. good ****
17: Technical Chase - you are ****ing beautiful and I love you
17: Jwns - WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT 17 DAWG
17: Stro - thank you for showing us math
17: D20 - legend
17: Buford - Kirby muh****aaaaa
17: Sweaty Thumbs - best tag
17: Freeway - hypest set with Zach dill ever
17: Darkfire1502 - never got to play you :(
25: J Bro - "one minute we were just hanging out, then I was drunk riding a unicycle through her kitchen naked"
25: Tyler - never got to play you :(
25: Joe Paturnip - everyone has these streaks. not coming to tourneys anymore won't do anything, just keep improving. you got a tough *** bracket.
25: DKU0 - BEST PIKACHU
25: Brawl Guy - brawlbeerbasketball guy, he saw the bat mobile
25: MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL - drove us to Wendy's and we got biddys. best set with freeway for sure
25: Tezushi - never got to play you :(

Big special shoutouts to Jbro, Carroll, and Pat for having us over and chilling with us for 3 days. was a super fun weekend and I can't wait til FC this weekend. Drunk Dave. Pat is an *******.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Good **** Tech. Sad I missed this now, but Pittsburgh will still be sexy when I get to go down there in the future ;).

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
1. Tech_Chase ($60) - Sorry it didn't live up to expectations, but GGs nonetheless. Yeah, I wasn't focused at all on the match because my buddy was feeling sick. :< I noticed a bunch of things I was doing wrong and yet I kept doing them! Not good.
2. Mav ($35) - GGs. Great event, and we still have the actual Hope 5 too! This was so worth it. I can't wait. :D
3. Space Thing($5) - When did you get so good at this game!? xD
4. The Green ******* - I don't see enough G&W players around. GGs.
5. Col - GGs.
6. Incom - You did pretty decently! Good job. I'll get those replays up asap.
7. Vegeta - In the manga, his power level was actually only over 8000. I guess that just didn't sound cool enough.
8. Skips - One of my favorite matches of the day. GGs.
9. Hari - Focus. Focus on the game, think before you do stuff. Then maybe you won't lose as much or as badly. I don't care if you haven't slept for 30 hours. AND STOP SELF-DESTRUCTING.
10. jbro - GGs.

Carroll - Thank you for letting us borrow your house. :D

Special shoutouts to that cat for being tiny and adorable.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
1: VaNz - Good ****.
2: SilentSwag - JOHNATHAN DOUGLAS CARROLL. Good job.
4: TheLake - You inspired me to play Zelda. Even if it's only occasionally. Would definitely love to do a double Zelda team if you're ever down. Nice job. Good to see you at a tournament again.
5: Nakamaru - Best hair in Pittsburgh moneymatch coming soon.
5: Abate - GG's in friendlies.
7: Carroll - Thanks for housing us for two nights. It was a lot of fun. Gotta do it again sometime. GG on your marriage. Just realized I only played you once, and it was your Puff (free). Moneymatch next Saturday at Sweet's Mansion Pre-FC Smashfest.
7: Green Ranger - Thanks for teaming with me man. Cargo-Zelda Toe *****. I goofed up a lot in our one match, sorry about that. Maybe sometime in the future when I get just a tad better, and get some sleep, we can team again if you want. Come to my Pre-FC smashfest next Saturday!
9: S1 - Nice job. Was really discouraged when I heard I had to play you second round. Didn't really even feel like trying because I live the result every day. looool. I'll get there some day.
9: Get Low - Tech chased downsmashes. lolol. Didn't play you though. I need to again soon.
9: ThethetheLyme - Rematch sometime soon. I'm super salty. lol. GG's.
13: Dempt - Yooooo. My first Dempt dollar. Zelda/Falco 2 free. Love you man. BTW, we brought your phone with us. It's at Shane's whenever you can pick it up.
13: Taki - **** your DK. **** your reverse fairs with Peach. On the real, you're a really cool guy. Best table in Pittsburgh. Even with Captain America's Grandpa in the other booth. Getting a dollar from your DK soon.
13: Sweet - You'll get there, just be patient. :l
17: Technical Chase - BEST DODGEBALL CAPTAIN IN PITTSBURGH. Thanks for that Melee disc. You're super chill and really funny. Looking forward to seeing you at future stuff.
17: Jwns - Your Falco got a lot better since the last time I played it. Keep goinn.
17: Stro - Played you in doubles. Your Link is so obnoxiously good, and your knowledge of numbers is even better. GG's.
17: D20 - I don't know how to play against Young Link. lol. GG's in friendlies.
17: Freeway - Pulled the old "Play Zelda instead of Sheik" on you first game. Second game I played really gay in the Sheik ditto. GG's though.
25: J Bro - Thanks for letting us stay at your place. Had a great time. Good luck on that girl of your dreams, and keep practicing that naked drunken unicycle riding.
25: Joe Paturnip - Keep your head up, and stop getting so discouraged.
25: Brawl Guy - It's tradition. Best Beer Guy in Pittsburgh. You're hella funny. Play melee more!
25: MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL - Best fast food driver in Pittsburgh. Get dem Wendy's Biddy's.

Shoutouts to Pittsburgh for being awesome.
Shoutouts to Wendy's Biddy's for being *****es.
Shoutouts to Pat Brady because I hate him, and getting ***** in a moneymatch.
Shoutouts to Cleveland for not coming.
Shoutouts to 4 a.m. food at Denny's.
Shoutouts to 4 a.m. story time at Carroll's.
Shoutouts to Carroll and Davey's hot as balls attic.
Shoutouts to Logan Street for being One Way.
Shoutouts to that cop that gave me a speeding ticket.
Shoutouts to Samantha for being a *****.
Shoutouts to Sherri for being the better sister.
Shoutouts to Marco for smashing penis at home instead of smashing bros in PA.
Shoutouts to Carroll's bathroom floor.
Shoutouts to Carroll's mom for letting this all happen.
Shoutouts to Captain America's Grandpa at Eat'n Park.
Shoutouts to me ****** in Smash 64.
Shoutouts to everything else that was either hilarious or awesome.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for hosting this Carroll. Was tons of fun <3

1. Tech_Chase ($60) - Stupid fat penguin >.>, playing you was fun man, GGs and good ****!
2. Mav ($35) - GGs, good job and thanks for the ride
3. Space Thing($5) - Everyone hates your character :(
4. The Green ******* - Nice job. Those tech chases 0_o
5. Col - close games man, almost had me there at the end. GGs
6. Incom - GGs, you're getting better. Props for making me ban Yoshis
7. Vegeta - GGs
8. Skips - them Lucario dittos and thanks for teaming with me lol
9. Hari -Fun games, get some sleep <3
10. jbro - GGs in brawl and melee

Also, that cat :3

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Shout. Outs. yeaaaahhh.

VaNz - Solid win man. Sorry I ****ed up teams. I think I'm going to need to improve a little if we plan on teaming again. Oh, and I'm about to make your name RIGHT NOW.
SilentSwag - Johny doing work. Next time, I'll hit you up for that MM.
Wenbobular - I'm sure that ride was nasty dude, lol. Our set was awesome, I gave you my all. Can't wait to watch the set when the vids start going up, ggs Wenbo.
TheLake - That Mario wrecked my face, oh my lanta. Nice to see I'm able to hang with your low tiers when I'm not Marth, lol, but I still have a long way to go to catch up to your Zelda. Nice job Aaron.
Nakamaru - You.......I always feel confident enough to beat your Falcon but then I just end up getting ***** by it. Ugh. Ggs as always Naka. Maybe next time, we'll MM when I'm doing better lol
Abate - Yoooo loved the friendlies I got in with you. That Weegee is awesome, surprised you didn't place higher though. Good sets man, would like to see more of you at tournies form now on.
Carroll - Mad respect bro for that Fox doing work on me. Your Marth is still prime, and I'm still jealous of how fast you can react to spacies recoveries. And good **** hosting, mad respect for trying to make this work as best as possible.
Green Ranger - That donk......ey kong. Glad we got some legitimate friendlies here and not just the fun ones. Stay strong, Donkey Kong main.
S1 - Thanks for saving my phone for me lol I'll have to either pick that up @ FC or the Friday before since you'll be at Carroll's. Good to see you above me on the placings for once.
Get Low - Matthew! Watched your set vs Carroll man, absolute domination with the stitch that first game, good stuff. Love the fact that you're getting so good and are actually able to make it out to this "nice neighborhood" and there wasn't a prom or wedding to have to go to haha
Slamus - Slam City right thurrr. Way to improve man, awesome friendlies, keep it up.
Cave Dweller - That comeback game 2 of our set scared the hell out of me lol And that Peach is really improving too. Way to be man, next time, I won't let a game slip :p
Taki - Loved our games, as always. Seeing as how I beat that Marth AND Luigi, looks like the only two things I have of yours to beat are those spacies :p
Sweet - Thanks for saving my phone and reminding me who has it lol but srsly, main Zelda. That thing poops on me so hard.
Technical Chase - Chaseeeeeeee. I'm glad to have finally met you, and you're an awesome dude to chill with. Thank you so much again for purchasing that Monster for me and I'm so sorry, I'll pay you back though. I expected to win at least ONE money match >_> but definitely gotta get some Melee in, and hell, I'll even let you body me at Brawl xD
Jwns - I always have to play you in tourney wtf lol but you gotta step it up man, I want to see that Falco flourish. It's like the only smart falco in OH so get to it kid.
Stro - Didn't even play you at all. So sad :(
Buford - Bewfurd. **** yeah. Cannot believe you haven't played since Hope 3 dude, jesssusss. That's so long. But at least you're doing well irl and ****s going good for you. irl>melee, something I need to learn.
J Bro - yoooooooo this kid was a beast at basketballllll lol love you man, always funny as hell to chill with.
Joe Paturnip - I don't even believe you when you say you didn't win a single game at these things. That's impossibru. You got the biddys, you might as well have just won the whole tourney hahaha
Brawl Guy - FROM BRAWLER TO BALLER, BRIZZLE AS CAN BE haha good **** in basketball, you carried us dude
MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL - ****IN' MAJOR THREAT WAS IN THIS *****. <3 Too bad you couldn't stay longer but it was fun seeing you man

In other news, I can't wait for vids either <3 Love you guys

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouts

First off, biggest shoutout to Carroll for making something out of nothing at the last minute. You have my gratitude and I owe you one.

Brawl shouts:
1. Tech_Chase :dedede::wario:($60)- Good second match. Half a frame later and that game would of went in my favor. Really shouldn't be losing the matchups I know best with fox though: Its the only reason I still use him at times nowadays over mk. Your the first wario I've lost to in months, and I hadn't lost to one in over a year before that.

2. Mav :metaknight::fox:($35)-Don't lose in your personal best matchups please. Also just give into the darkside already and go all mk. You know you want to, especially since your mk is probably your best character now. Just need to practice the ditto hardcore.

3. Space Thing:lucario:($5)-Getting better and better every time you play. I love it. As always, I'm free to practice whenever you want. Just call or text me.

4. The Green *******:gw:-Good stuff. Apparently I've completely forgotten how to deal with G&W.

5. Col:marth::ike:-HE ENTERED!(Even though I pestered him to)

6. Incom:sonic:-Use that sonic mm I showed ya :p

7. Vegeta:marth:- ggs

8. Skips:lucario::random:-ggs

9. Hari:pit:-ggs. Your welcome to try the sonic match again, but this time I'll take the money :3

10. jbro:marth:-ggs.

Melee: I'm glad I could grace you all with my amazing melee skills. Your lucky I don't enter; I'd make y'all look free.

Get Low

Smash Ace
OMG so much fun!

Shoutouts:
Wenbobular - New favorite Falco. We played friendlies for like, an hour and you ***** me every time. Good stuff getting third.
The lake and Nakamaru - I can't believe Jwnz and I were able to take a game off of you guys in doubles. Your guys' team chemistry is sick.
Carroll - You really gotta learn how to space against Peach...or just keep laser/platform camping me until I'm at 70% and then upsmashing me. :( GGs though.
Green Ranger - Really good games in bracket. Your DK is so tough to play against.
Cave Dweller - I thoroughly enjoyed our Peach dittos. You're a really chill dude as well. Hope to see you around more.
Technical Chase - I can definitely see Brawl elements in your Shiek. ;D GGs, dude. Also, your Dedede is the gayest thing I've ever witnessed.
Stro - Our set was soooo hype. You were a really tough opponent. GGs, and hope to see you around more also.
D20 - I've always wanted to play you, so I was happy that you showed up, and that I got to play a few friendlies with you. You're still legit even though you're retired.
Ashtabula crew - Didn't really get to play any of you, but I just wanted to let you guys know that you're the coolest.

Anti-shoutouts to those lame girls that ditched the tourney.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
yo Dempt, were not going to Carroll's friday, they're coming to sweets on Saturday. just come to bula on Saturday for the hunger games thing lol.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
yo Dempt, were not going to Carroll's friday, they're coming to sweets on Saturday. just come to bula on Saturday for the hunger games thing lol.
I'm not going to be staying long, just going to make a big ol' Dempt special guest appearance. We're leaving Saturday night.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Any character is better than Olimar. Even MK. Just... Ugh, Olimar. XD

Anti-shoutouts to those lame girls that ditched the tourney.
;P Sorry~! It wasn't my decision to make. I wanted to stick around a few more hours. *siiiigh*

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Any character is better than Olimar. Even MK. Just... Ugh, Olimar. XD

;P Sorry~! It wasn't my decision to make. I wanted to stick around a few more hours. *siiiigh*
We found girls at Wendy's and they followed us to Carroll's.
And then left because "we weren't their type."

lol'd so hard at them.

Top Bottom