• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You got Boost Power! An F-Zero Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Now, for new F-Zero reps, Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow are the most likely ones, but the question is, who will be the one to stand on the battlefield for once and for all ? Who will be the one to finally defeat C. Falcon ?
Discuss away!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can I just mention since "F" is acually the sound "eff" that it would be "An F-Zero"

BTW, Samurai Goroh is my F-Zero character. However, I'm not really for him in smash

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Sorry but a really don't see any new F-zero characters coming to the SSB4

D

Deleted member

It will almost certainly be Samurai Goroh if we get a second F-zero newcomer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Goroh for the win. He's the only F-Zero character I'd bank on making it in this time around. Maybe Pico and Black Shadow some other time down the line.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna go against the tide and say black shadow he's cool he's evil he's badass. and i just don't like goroh stay an AT

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have both Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow, but I highly doubt Sakurai will pull a Kirby on F-Zero. Or on any other series for that matter.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Besides the two obvious ones, you could have the new (relative term) main villain in the series as of F-Zero GX/AX with Deathborn.

If we got a second F-Zero character though, I'd have to agree with almost everyone here that it would probably be Samurai Goroh. I'm not a huge fan of him, but he does seem next in line. I would hope that they would make Jody Summer an Assist Trophy in place of him though if he does leave.

I don't think F-Zero should get a second character, though.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
No Octoman? I'm just kidding but you have to admit he would have a really unique moveset.

I'm going with Samurai Goroh but I'm not sure on the next rep. I would like to see Pico and possibly Jody Summers. I know Black Shadow is a high favorite but I personally don't like him. Of all the great racers he has to be one of the most unoriginal in the whole franchise.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I could have sworn I posted in here earlier today.

Anyhow, my number one choice for a new F-Zero rep would be Black Shadow. Goroh comes in a close second.

I feel like Goroh is getting most of the attention since he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No love for Captain Falcon's kickass sister, Jody Summers? She'd have a moveset based on high tech weaponry and athletics.

D

Deleted member

Collapse that please.

To introduce a new topic, am I the only one who thinks that the fact that Black Shadow is suggested as a Shadowdorf so often is bad for his chances?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it means a better Ganondorf, I'm all for it

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh really is the only likely candidate for Smash 4. He has my vote.

:phone:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
samurai goroh
pico
dr.stewart

lets bring all 4 of the originals together

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ This man speaks the truth

No love for Captain Falcon's kickass sister, Jody Summers? She'd have a moveset based on high tech weaponry and athletics.
I would love Jody Summer, but I honestly can't think of a way to make her playstyle not come off as being like Zero Suit Samus

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I would love Jody Summer, but I honestly can't think of a way to make her playstyle not come off as being like Zero Suit Samus
I read somewhere that she was based off of Samus. Not sure of the validity of that, but it wouldn't be impossible to make her different. For one, she doesn't have a gun/whip. It would just be a matter of finding a new physical fighting style to differentiate her. Having the same weight and speed of Zero Suit Samus would be entirely logical though as they have the same body shape-ish.

If they added her over Samurai Goroh (rival), or Black Shadow (villain), I'd be entirely surprised. It'd basically be because she was female, since she's not any more important to the series than the previous two.

Also, Jody was only Falcon's sister in the anime, where Captain Falcon isn't a specific person.. to whoever said that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Collapse that please.

To introduce a new topic, am I the only one who thinks that the fact that Black Shadow is suggested as a Shadowdorf so often is bad for his chances?
Maybe. It actually might help his chances, since Sakurai could use it as a way to include a new character without creating a new moveset.

I still say the best solutions to the Ganondorf "problem" is to implement a stance change system, with an unarmed stance for his current moveset, and a sword/magic based stance with a new moveset.

D

Deleted member

If Falcon gets an alt, I hope he gets Phoenix's outfit.

D

Deleted member

Maybe. It actually might help his chances, since Sakurai could use it as a way to include a new character without creating a new moveset.
Problem with that is, it goes against Sakurai's uniqueness criteria. Sakurai wants to differentiated every character from each other. You'll notice that every character in Brawl plays differently from each other (even with similar move sets, you can't apply the same play style to another character, each have their own strategies). If that's all Black Shadow is, then there's no reason to include him.
I still say the best solutions to the Ganondorf "problem" is to implement a stance change system, with an unarmed stance for his current moveset, and a sword/magic based stance with a new moveset.
That'd be nice, but knowing Sakurai, it's not going to happen.

D

Deleted member

Except that it's NOT all what Black Shadow is. If you read my thread about him, you'd know that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Except that it's NOT all what Black Shadow is. If you read my thread about him, you'd know that.
I'm aware of that. I fully support Black Shadow not being a Ganondorf clone, but sadly there are very few people in the SSB fanbase that really recognize his potential to be unique.

That and selfish Ganondorf fans.

D

Deleted member

Well, I was more directing that at SSBF. I know you support him, I mean, he's in your sig.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
First of all, amazing thread.
If Falcon gets an alt, I hope he gets Phoenix's outfit.

Agreed very much.
I think everyone suggests Black Shadow as a Ganondorf clone because no one knows anything about him except for us true F-zero fans.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
What alternate costumes would you like captain falcon to have? I'll start with blood falcon alt.
I was doing some searching and came across these images of C. Falcon from the F-Zero comic and the F-Zero X Expansion Kit :

Captain Falcon from F-Zero comic
and
Captain Falcon from F-Zero X Expansion Kit with the Super Falcon

I think they would be pretty good alt. costumes for C. Falcon.
There.
I think that Jody Summers is a pretty good contenter after Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow.
Also, what's up with the sudden dislike for F-Zero ?!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not like it's a well established franchise. There's been like, 2 games for it.

It's hard to love a franchise that hasn't gone through much time/ effort/ evolution over time

Especially when Nintendo has that OTHER beloved racing series

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there is actually 6 games. 3 handheld, 3 major system.

I figured there were handhelds I missed, but I didn't realize there was a game for the Nintendo 64. I only had the Super Nintendo and Gamecube game.

I don't know if the handheld version were important story wise, but I didn't include them because racing game handheld's back then were mostly significantly downgraded ports. Actually. there were a lot of games that were significatly downgraded ports for handhelds back then. It wasn't until the DS that certain series could hold their own, being a major title on the handheld systems.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Samurai Goroh would be the perfect choice for smash. He could take some of Ganondorf's moveset (that Ganondorf doesn't use; this is assuming Ganondorf using a sword[s?] and/or more dark magic), take some of Ganondorf's style, and combine it with his own unique style, katana-based moves, and moves based around Samurai Goroh's noticeable physical strength(s).

Edit: So far, the "major titles" have been F-Zero, F-Zero X, and F-Zero G/X.

There has also been F-Zero 2 (Japan-only), an F-Zero X 64 DD expansion, F-Zero A/X (the arcade version of F-Zero G/X; I believe its' the same, minus 1 character exclusive to F-Zero G/X), Maximum Velocity (on the Game Boy Advance), Climax (a Japan-only Game Boy Advance F-Zero game), and GP Legend (based on the same name F-Zero anime).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
There have been anywhere from 8-9 games in the series depending on what you count as a separate game.

-The original (SNES)
-BS F-Zero Grand Prix(Satellaview, Japan only)
-BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2(Satellaview, Japan only)
-F-Zero X(N64) and the 64DD Expansion Kit
-F-Zero Maximum Velocity(GBA)
-F-Zero GX GameCube)
-F-Zero AX (Arcade)
-F-Zero GP Legend (GBA)
-F-Zero Climax (GBA, Japan only)

That said, aparently Nintendo doesn't count the last two GBA games because they were based on the Anime.

D

Deleted member

Hearing Goroh taking Ganondorf's style and moves is even worse than hearing that for Black Shadow.

At least with Black Shadow, it's plausible.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
This "X character should get Y character's moveset" is starting to get annoying.
I mean, for some characters it is understandable, for example, if Doc came back, but instead of having a complete clone moveset off of Mario, he would get Mario's moveset from SSB64, that I would understand, but if Samurai Goroh, a reckless samurai who fights roughly, taking Ganondorf's(who is the Great King of Evil, an extremely skilled magic and weapons user) moveset and playstyle would be just lazy and wouldn't feel right.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Meh i'll admit it i mainly like black shadow as the new ganondorf that being said that moveset SUCKED so i would also want some of his actual character brought into the mix as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom