• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Crusade Series 3 Results!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Brawl Singles

1. ALSM ($56.00) :metaknight: :diddy: :link2:
2. Bad Karma ($16.00) :popo: :dedede:
3. Neon ($8.00) :dk2:
4. Zane :metaknight: :diddy:
5. Swaka :fox:
5. Lock :peach: :gw:
7. Cody :fox:
7. Tommy :fox:

Brawl Doubles

1. ALSM and Xeven ($35.00) :metaknight:/:lucario:
2. Swaka and Zane ($10.00) :fox:/:metaknight:
3. Bad Karma and Problemo ($5.00) :dedede:/:metaknight:
4. Lock and Tommy :peach: :gw:/:fox:
5. Todd and Cody :zerosuitsamus:/:fox:

Videos coming soon! Thank you everyone for attending this tournament. Even though it was a low turnout compared to the last two, it was still fun and interesting. :)

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
For those watching on stream, my apologies for not getting Winners finals for Doubles up on stream. That was mostly my call as, one, I was handling the bracket, and two, I wanted to get doubles out of the way as soon as possible.

This was my first time calling matches for a stream audience, and I would say that I F'd up with a side of napalm. Next time I will improve.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Oh yes, I finally met you Sanji. Lol, I didn't notice you at first. Thanks for helping out. :)

Also shoutouts to aura, Lucario is broken in teams. lol

And shououts to the TonyT tag. :)

:phone:

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
No need to create fresh drama after a good tournament...

heard there was only 8 entrants.
Let me ask you a hypothetical question that has a serious answer, how many people do you think showed up to my first tournament? I am not just talking about my first Smash tournament either, but the first one I ever ran. 24, 30, 16? Answer, 8. Just eight people playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike back in 2006 in a LAN center called The Gaming Center(Batou will remember this well). After that, aside from one hicup, I have been on the vanguard of Brawl in Fort Worth in its early days before the establishment of the BBR until that place closed down in late 2007 with numbers growing to 20-25 a tournament.

I told you that story to tell you this lesson, it may appear to be only eight people now, however, with the right ruleset, there will be a renaissance of Brawl before Smash 4 comes out.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No need to create fresh drama after a good tournament...

Let me ask you a hypothetical question that has a serious answer, how many people do you think showed up to my first tournament? I am not just talking about my first Smash tournament either, but the first one I ever ran. 24, 30, 16? Answer, 8. Just eight people playing Street Fighter 3: Third Strike back in 2006 in a LAN center called The Gaming Center(Batou will remember this well). After that, aside from one hicup, I have been on the vanguard of Brawl in Fort Worth in its early days before the establishment of the BBR until that place closed down in late 2007 with numbers growing to 20-25 a tournament.

I told you that story to tell you this lesson, it may appear to be only eight people now, however, with the right ruleset, there will be a renaissance of Brawl before Smash 4 comes out.
i just heard there were 8 entrants......it as simple as that.

it could be cause of the rule set or it could be the fact that WHOBO HAPPENED THE WEEK BEFORE AND NO ONE HAD MONEY/WAS SMASHED OUT.

There isnt any drama unless YOU cause it.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
i just heard there were 8 entrants......it as simple as that.

it could be cause of the rule set or it could be the fact that WHOBO HAPPENED THE WEEK BEFORE AND NO ONE HAD MONEY/WAS SMASHED OUT.

There isnt any drama unless YOU cause it.
I guess timing could be true, but you were the one who knocked on the ruleset just because it didn't follow Unity as if it counted like it did anymore. I still have the Facebook post in question. Give up, the URC disbanded, that ruleset doesn't count anymore, and MK is legal again to the TO's digression.

Give up trying to force a dead ruleset on TO's in Texas by telling them how ****** their tournament is because it allowed MK.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I guess timing could be true, but you were the one who knocked on the ruleset just because it didn't follow Unity as if it counted like it did anymore. I still have the Facebook post in question.
I didn't bash it cause it wasn't unity, stopp assuming. There are many rule-sets across this country that are not unity and they don't bother me. THIS rule-set bothers me because it boosts top/high tiers and hurts the rest of the cast(some chars rely on brinstar/raibow/castle/pkmn 1/delfino...ect and ALL are gone) this not only reduces the entire game to 6 boring pro-MK stages but it prevents or slows growth for the chars from mid tier down. Lack of options(stages/viable characters due to rule-set)=lack of creativity. Creativity and options=longer lasting/longer appealing game.

Give up, the URC disbanded, that ruleset doesn't count anymore, and MK is legal again to the TO's digression.
Mk legality has always been up to the TOs no matter the ruleset. We had a unity rule-set WITH mk legal too.

Unity rule-set nor any other rule-set "counted" because this community cannot agree to a standard. Unity was just another variation like all the rule-sets before and after it.

Give up trying to force a dead ruleset on TO's in Texas by telling them how ****** their tournament is because it allowed MK.
Its not about mk being legal. Its more so on the lack of stages.

But as i ALWAYS have said.....if you dont like the rule-set, deal with it or dont go. Me and MANY others did exactly that, we didn't go.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Nyah see? Listen here.
I'm sure the lack of attendance was due to a national that occurred the week before, not the ruleset. I've had some really notable players and a good turnout for my last two tourneys. It's just bad timing.

Anyways, next Texas Crusade Series (and the following tournies) will use the Apex ruleset in preparation for Apex 2013. Get hype!

Also Neon, are you legitmately complaining about the bracket, or is this just you being insane? That's just the way it turned out; it's not my fault you decided to deal with a matchup disadvantage. What happened to you could have happened to Swaka for example; should a fox main have to face an ics main twice in the same tournament? Too bad, he either has to deal with this horrible matchup, or pick a character that will have the odds ever in his favor. You main DK? And so you have chosen your fate...

Hah! What a maroon! What a cat-tastrophe!
Poke.

:phone:

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'm not complaining about the bracket since it was only 8 people haha, I just need to work on that matchup I guess. Didnt we record my matches with Karma somehow?

BosWicked

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! This is Tommy from the TC3 tourney. Was fun hanging with you guys, lemme know when the next smashfest happens!

Top Bottom