• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T-4!!: Ty The Tasmanian Tiger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER

The Australian Terror is back, & his Boomerangs are in Full SWING!!

Ty was one of the more memorable characters from the sixth generation of gaming, he's had three games & an rumored upcoming HD remake on the way. All three of his games have been multiplat on each the Xbox, PS2, Gameboy, & Gamecube
[COLLAPSE="Gamecube Vers."]
[/COLLAPSE]

, all published by EA, which has been working with Nintendo on some titles for the Wii U (who knows, he may get a new title for the system). He's developed by Krome Studios & I find him a possible third-party, he's not at the top of the totem pole, but he's noticeable.

WHY: TY has been around for awhile now, & any possibility of him returning is likely to get pushed by his studio, they have been keeping his legacy alive for as long as they can & the fans have been supporting as much as they can, just look at their official facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/tythetasmaniantiger

UNIQUENESS: Outside of link, we haven't had a character who uses Boomerangs, but that's looking at it all wrong, he would be the only character outside of Link with auto-returning projectiles, which means a possibility of double damage done to an opponent who happens to fall for the same trick twice as some may say, he alternates wielding two boomerangs swinging them as if they were blades like Pit does once his Bow is split in two. He has an arsenal of more than one type of Boomerang.

SMASH STYLE:
Not very quick, but not slow, about Mario's speed,
Continual attacks or combo's,
Steady recovery, nothing special
Not as powerful, but attacks still have good kick-back

MOVESET:

Standard A: Boomerang Swing/Slash
Up/Smash Up A: Up Boomerang slash
Side/Smash Side A: Double Smasharang Swing/Slash
Down/Smash Down A: Down Slash with Boomerang

Standard B: Multirang Throw (Up to 4)
Side B: Omegarangs (homing)(2)
Down B: Lava/Freeze/Thunderang (Varies) (Throws boomerang that has elements of Fire, Ice, or Lightning)
Up B: "Warp"arang (Boomerang latches on to foe & Ty is zipped up to where they are)

Aerial Up A: Somersault Swing
Aerial Down A: Heavy Stomp
Aerial Dash A: Double Boomerang toss
Aerial A: Boomerang hand swing

Grab Up: Grabs tosses up & sends Boomerangs their way
Grab Down: Grabs throws down & detonate's his Kaboomerangs on the foe
Grab Side: Lasha-rang (Latches on to enemies & cliffs, swings enemies like Mario)

Taunt 1: Says: "No Worries!" with a single boomerang swing
Taunt 2: Throws boomerang, & it does a 360 around him
Taunt 3: Lightly tosses boomerang up & down

FINAL SMASH: DOOMERANG - Sends a giant boomerang across the screen, if hit you get caught in the full swing & once it swings back around, Ty does a dodge roll & the Doomerang explodes with anyone caught in it.

He's not very likely, but he is a third party that I do admire & have respect for, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a top pick in the Australian audience of Smash.

T4 FOR SMASH 4​

jigglover

Smash Lord
Right, I absolutely love Ty, I've only played/owned his game-cube game but it really was a brilliant game. In regards to smash, no. There are loads of reps for new series' that deserve it much more than our 3-game friend here, and in no way should he be in. Nice idea though. Maybe in smash 6 or 7 as a retro rep, possibly even smash 5 but I don't think game-cube will be retro then. Bring it up game-by-game and his fan-vase will soon get bigger, but for now, no.

Woo! 1st post!

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Right, I absolutely love Ty, I've only played/owned his game-cube game but it really was a brilliant game. In regards to smash, no. There are loads of reps for new series' that deserve it much more than our 3-game friend here, and in no way should he be in. Nice idea though. Maybe in smash 6 or 7 as a retro rep, possibly even smash 5 but I don't think game-cube will be retro then. Bring it up game-by-game and his fan-vase will soon get bigger, but for now, no.

Woo! 1st post!
Yeah I can agree with that, especially with Sakurai cutting down the number of 3rd parties, if a Smash 6 does come out then yeah, but for right now let Krome work on regaining is success

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'd also want his series to grow, as to not be retro. Dillon has only had one game and he seems to be a front-runner here in the UK, so if Ty releases a game for Wii U and/or 3DS, not only would it raise Ty's chances, but Nintendo would get another 30 quid or what-ever from me! :p

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I'd also want his series to grow, as to not be retro. Dillon has only had one game and he seems to be a front-runner here in the UK, so if Ty releases a game for Wii U and/or 3DS, not only would it raise Ty's chances, but Nintendo would get another 30 quid or what-ever from me! :p
OHH I would love it, if they both got Wii U titles, Krome is really trying to push the series a lot lately, so I wouldn't be surprised

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Ty 1 was my favorite platformer game for the Xbox way back. I think the first one was probably the best one imo, but the others were good too. When he makes it into a smash game I will definitely main him. About his move set, what about his bite move? If not his side special then how about biting as his pummel move? Also I can see him as another character with a glide but he could only glide at a horizontal direction.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ty 1 was my favorite platformer game for the Xbox way back. I think the first one was probably the best one imo, but the others were good too. When he makes it into a smash game I will definitely main him. About his move set, what about his bite move? If not his side special then how about biting as his pummel move? Also I can see him as another character with a glide but he could only glide at a horizontal direction.

I love it how you say when he makes it into a smash game. :awesome::bee:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I remember Ty quite well, since I have played all three of his games in the past. Those boomerangs of his would really put Link's boomerang to shame.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ty really had a good first game, and a decent second one (really disappointed with all of the mecha stuff, especially when we had to use it for the final level >_>), and never touched the third one. Love the character, and not going to lie, the idea has come across my mind before, but nah, he isn't getting in, nor do I suspect he will get a fourth game. The last one didn't do too well, I believe, and it has been a while since it has been out.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman

I was gonna add it, but forgot entirely about it when looking up his different Boomerangs lol
might edit out his side A

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not only is this thread DEAD, but it's also the most innactive non-locked thread out here.
...Let's fix that, shall we?
In all seriousness, almost TWO YEARS after some activity. Srs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom