• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightning Flash Phospora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801

Phospora (エレカ Ereka) is of of the new characters in Kid Icarus Uprising that appears as a boss in Chapter 14.

Idol Description said:
"A beautiful and powerful electricity-based warrior in the Forces of Nature. While victorious in her battle with Thanatos, the wounds Phosphora receives make her weak in the fight with Pit that follows."
Source: http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Phosphora

I consider Phospora as the best entry in Smash as a new Kid Icarus character because:

-She is very beautiful and hot!
-Due to being an electricity-based fighter, and due to her combat style as a boss, she can have a lot of moves for your moveset in Smash Bros.
-She can compensate Viridi's inability to fight directly, representing Forces of Nature among KI characters.

Jabs and Tilts: She can start your jabs as a PPK combo and continue with a weak beacon in her palm (1~3% per hit); FTilts could be straight forward kicks that could be repeated fastly and with a low and straight knockback (4%); UTilt should be a flip kick with a flash beacon on tip (8%), a move very depending of your sweetspot and hard to score a clear hit (14% if clear hit); DTilts can be a fast kick (4%), also, her crouch stance should allow crawling like Snake or ZSS.

Smashes:Phospora's Side Smash can be a burst of electricity charged with the two hands and released as Mewtwo's Side Smash in Melee, and also can be capable to score multiple hits and deal a big knockback; Up Smash should be Phospora "calling" a small thunder bolt while lifting your hand, something like an thunder arrow landing in your hand; Down Smash can be Phospora loosing two energy beacons on both her sides with low knockback power.
(Side Smash =3% per hit and 10% in final hit; Up Smash = 28%; Down Smash 16% in both sides; All fully charged).

(Update)Standard Special Move: Electro Charge, hold the B button to charge a massive electricity explosion, similar with the move used in her bossfight in KIU. It will be slow to build-up, and the duration in maximum charge will be a mere second but it will be able to score multiple damage-dealing hits, using this move recklessly will cause Phospora to self-damage.
(Half-charge = 8~14%, Fully Charged = 32%, Self-damage = 4%)

(Update)Side Special Move: Phospora Bow, a charged shot from your self-inspirated weapon in KIU, the projectile itself should have an auto-homing property with a speed similar to Toon Link's arrows. It will take a time to auto charge, and the fully charged shot must have a high knockback, making perfect for distance KOs. Using the move while not full charged will result in a sequence of fast and small electro-bursts.
(Fully Charged = 14%, Continuous Fire = 3%)

Up Special Move: Scarf, Yes! She'll use her scarf like an electrified tether to recover herself from a fall, but the scarf will have an extremely powerful and hard to hit Meteor Smash on your tip. It's something like ZSS' Plasma Wire with an electro-buffs xD
(Meteor Smash hit = 18%)

Down Special Move: Static Shield, an armor made of static with a split-second duration that can reduce the damage from projectiles, brief invicibility from item throws and deal minimal damage on enemies while using as a Counter.
(counter damage = 5%)

Final Smash: Lighting of Judgement, by throwing a thunder wave in the sky, Phospora will summon the power of goddess Viridi to ransack the entire stage with a rage of 100 ultra-fast lightning bolts that passes through flat platforms dealing huge amonuts of damage into enemies and electrifies the ground even after the move is finished, paralyzing opponents. The move's effectiveness depends of the stage's size, being more effective in the smaller ones.
(18% per thunderbolt, electrified groind inflicts paralysis).

======================

Yeah, talk about how broke some of my suggested moves are, but I love Phopsora, she is my bigger desire of inclusion in SSB4.

EDIT: I updated some moves and added some damage % values.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I consider Phospora as the best entry in Smash as a new Kid Icarus character because:

-She is very beautiful and hot!
As tempting as a reason as that is, along with the fact the electricity moveset isn't exclusive to her (Pikachu?), I am willing to bet she won't make it.

She gets little to no support, is far less important than Palutena, Hades, Medusa, Magnus, Dark Pit, and arguably Viridi, and Sakurai said that he currently has no plans to continue the KI series, so that will not likely change.

In other words, she has too many things stacked against her.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Can you make a convincible moveset for some of these characters?

Man, I don't care that Sakurai doesn't want work in a sequel (even because Sakurai doesn't like to work with sequels), I simply cannot imagine another KI character so fittable for Smash Bros. than Phospora.

Well, it can be that besides her, we also can have Magnus, Dark Pit and Amazon Pandora.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I haven't played Uprising, so I can't pass judgement, but when I read the title of the thread, all I can think is "flash-in-the-pan."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can you make a convincible moveset for some of these characters?

Man, I don't care that Sakurai doesn't want work in a sequel (even because Sakurai doesn't like to work with sequels), I simply cannot imagine another KI character so fittable for Smash Bros. than Phospora.

Well, it can be that besides her, we also can have Magnus, Dark Pit and Amazon Pandora.
People have made workable Palutena movesets, you know. Just check the Palutena thread. Anything can get a moveset.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I discard some probability of Palutena as playable because she appears on Pit's Final Smash.

Medusa and Hades are giants, probably more fittable as bosses in Adventure Mode.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Charizard was a Poke Ball prior to Brawl. Argument = Invalid

Not to mention it can be changed to the Great Sacred Treasures.

As for Medusa and Hades, they're god-like deities. They can more than likely change their size.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
But Charizard wasn't a giant. I really didn't care on him.

About Medusa and Hades, I also don't care too. I just wait to see my beloved Phospora as playable in SSB4.

Great Sacred Treasue? No, thanks. I'm tired of transfrormation Final Smashes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Doesn't matter if you're tired of them. You don't call the shots, Sakurai does. I'm just pointing out the possibility.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know, I'm just saying that debunking Palutena due to a situation isn't a good idea when someone gives a plausible remedy to the situation, while your only reason for rejecting the solution is because you are "tired of it." It helps to think objectively as opposed to subjectively when it comes to possibilities.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And I'm making my part as a fan, giving my suggestions and expectations.
Illogical suggestions.

Would Phophorus be cool in Smash? Yes.

Would she make it over Palutena, Hades, and Medusa? Not a chance. Palutena is the most predicted and anticipated KI newcomer. In addition, Phophorus was never voted in the Nintendo popular character poll that Sakurai tweeted.

So while a cool and unique choice, she doesn't have a chance. I was going to throw my support in for that fire god but I realized he doesn't stand a chance, too.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But Charizard wasn't a giant. I really didn't care on him.

About Medusa and Hades, I also don't care too. I just wait to see my beloved Phospora as playable in SSB4.

Great Sacred Treasue? No, thanks. I'm tired of transfrormation Final Smashes.
Palutena can obviously change sizes, she wasn't the same size in the SSE she was in Pit's FS (and that was even in the same game). Not to mention Uprising, where she is only a little larger than a normal person.

And sorry to say, but your personal biases won't be affecting anything in SSB4 development. Plus you not caring for something is not a reason to immediately dismiss it.

Like others have previously said, Palutena, Medusa, Magnus, Hades, Dark Pit, and even Viridi have better chances than her. And most of those characters don't even have much of a chance.

And what, we got like 3 transformation FSs (four if you count Ganondorf)? That's like 10% of all the Final Smashes; it's not that much. We'll definitely be getting at least one more in SSB4.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Palutena can obviously change sizes, she wasn't the same size in the SSE she was in Pit's FS (and that was even in the same game).
My X-Ray specs allow to see through your ignorance.

Sorry, I just couldn't miss this oportunity:awesome::grin:

Seriously now, it's just for low popularity that can't I suggest a character which I like? This is ridiculous.

I will not give up from Phospora support so soon.

So while a cool and unique choice, she doesn't have a chance. I was going to throw my support in for that fire god but I realized he doesn't stand a chance, too.
Just like I said before, low popularity doesn't prohibits you from making a suggestion. It's YOUR character prediction.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just like I said before, low popularity doesn't prohibits you from making a suggestion. It's YOUR character prediction.
There is nothing wrong with throwing your support for a character; even if he or she has low chances. However, and I have noticed it before in other threads, people try to use facts to support their character but those facts are based off illogical speculation i.e. (X will appear in better than Y because X may appear in a new game).

When crafting a support thread for a fairly controversial character, you need to be careful with presenting the character. Instead of focusing why X should be in Smash and then stating the reasons, you should focus on how the character will do in Smash.

A character like Phosphorus has little to no popularity, we all know that. So in order to sell the character, you should focus more on gameplay and less on arguing on her chances and how she stacks up against other KI characters.

I will be commenting on your move set but I have to go to work.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
I think she'll be more likely an AT. She could make a good boss too, but I actually see Medusa or Hades as a more likely one.
Regardless, she would be a cool character, Pandora (the human girl form) would make a cool character too :D . I actually believe that they would probably be a AT or more likely a sticker/Trophy

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Luckily, this version will support DLCs for latecomer characters.
That is Entirely unproven speculation that should be avoided when trying prove fact.

Unless Sakurai comes out and says DLC characters will be available, its only baseless conjecture and speculation and shouldn't be construed as fact.

Concerning Phophorus, I am interested to see the rest of her moveset.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
That is Entirely unproven speculation that should be avoided when trying prove fact.

Unless Sakurai comes out and says DLC characters will be available, its only baseless conjecture and speculation and shouldn't be construed as fact.

Concerning Phophorus, I am interested to see the rest of her moveset.

Sorry, I let my post misunderstood. I was trying to say that I AM expecting that this Smash installment will support DLCs.

Err... Phoporus???

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Venus meant Phosphora lol. It was a typo. Yea, and DLC would be a good idea to add characters like Phosphora later after launch.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if this game does implement DLC, I'm guessing it will be reserved for popular veterans who might not have made it, or already partially programmed characters. Even if it was open to other characters, Phosphora wouldn't be one of them. The most we'll get from her will be a trophy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry, I let my post misunderstood. I was trying to say that I AM expecting that this Smash installment will support DLCs.

Err... Phoporus???
Typo, more than likely. Especially since her native language isn't English, iirc. (Correct me if I'm wrong :p)

It happens to the best of us though. Even the thread title.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd prefer her master, Viridi

Viridi replaces Palutena at some point (And in my game permanently replaced Palutena)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Typo, more than likely. Especially since her native language isn't English, iirc. (Correct me if I'm wrong :p)
I'm American. I blame my damn iphones autocorrect. Anyways, crisis averted.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I see. I assumed because of your location and the fact that you used a Japanese word in Rate Your Chances. My mistake. You know what they say about assuming, right?

:lol:

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I'd prefer her master, Viridi

Viridi replaces Palutena at some point (And in my game permanently replaced Palutena)
Viridi makes only a single and irrelevant physical appearence in the game, all the other 99% of her acting is only in dialogues... and throwing Reset Bombs.

I still believe that Phospora will join in SSB4, maybe as a hidden character, considering that she enters in an advanced part of the role in KIU.

Typo, more than likely. Especially since her native language isn't English, iirc. (Correct me if I'm wrong )

It happens to the best of us though. Even the thread title.
I see, I'm brazilian and I also have some troubles with english writting.:grin:

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Just like Pit's final smash, she could follow suit and have Viridi appear, who summons a Reset Bomb!

It seems like Phosphora has a pretty good moveset, and anything missing wouldn't be too hard to imagine (especially since Sakurai would be working on it). Would definitely love to see her in the game!

D

Deleted member

Viridi makes only a single and irrelevant physical appearence in the game, all the other 99% of her acting is only in dialogues... and throwing Reset Bombs.

I still believe that Phospora will join in SSB4, maybe as a hidden character, considering that she enters in an advanced part of the role in KIU.
Despite this, Viridi is still much more important than Phosphora.

And if we're talking about minor characters, the one that outclasses them all is Magnus.
He's a partner in one chapter, a temporary playable character in another, and a boss in a 3rd.
That, and he's got a BFS that Pit can also use.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Despite this, Viridi is still much more important than Phosphora.

And if we're talking about minor characters, the one that outclasses them all is Magnus.
He's a partner in one chapter, a temporary playable character in another, and a boss in a 3rd.
That, and he's got a BFS that Pit can also use.
Greetings, I'm Dark Pit, servant of no other besides myself, I've appeared in 8 chapters, two times as an ally, two times as a boss and once as playable in one of the best levels in the game.

I believe in Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit (with an own moveset), Phosphora and Medusa/Hades forming the Kid Icarus team in SSB4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Greetings, I'm Dark Pit, servant of no other besides myself, I've appeared in 8 chapters, two times as an ally, two times as a boss and once as playable in one of the best levels in the game.

I believe in Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit (with an own moveset), Phosphora and Medusa/Hades forming the Kid Icarus team in SSB4.
Dark Pit does the exact same things as regular Pit. And regular Pit already has a Dark pit costume.

It's not like the gave Dark Pit special moves that aren't the exact same ones pit uses

Phosphera appears only a couple times. Sure, in combat but doesn't play as significant role as replacing Palutena that Viridi did.

Viridi is my favorite new character from the game and voiced by Princess Bubblegum

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Dark Pit does the exact same things as regular Pit. And regular Pit already has a Dark pit costume.

It's not like the gave Dark Pit special moves that aren't the exact same ones pit uses
I know this. But it's in fact that Dark Pit outclasses all the other minior characters in KIU role, even Phospora and Magnus.

And Dark Pit using a Blade instead a Bow is still plausible. But we will not discuss this here, this is a Phospora thread.

D

Deleted member

I said MINOR character. Not major.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I suggest adding damage percentages to your moves. As well, your moves could technicslly work well but I suggest debuffing some of them such as the Side special, Down special, and the Up Smash. In particular, is the Up Smash a minature Thunder or is it like Lucas' Up Smash? I'm having a hard time visualizing it. As for the two specials, I suggest slowing down the Phospora Bow when fully charged but making it stronger. The Down Special seems broken. One idea is add a timer like the Wario Waft. The more you use it, the duration becomes much shorter or it becomes weaker. Or you could leave Phospora momentarily helpless after the attack (3 to 4 seconds). It just seems fairly broken.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ouch! DECONFIRMED!

Pic of the day. The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!

…is a Trophy. The detail in her scarf is amazing.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Technically, that shouldn't deconfirm her. You win 3 trophies of every playable character.

Being revealed as a trophy first.... yeah, that deconfirms her. Shame, she'd have made a cool AT. I'm sure Magnus will be one all the more seeing her here though.

andimidna

Smash Master
Technically, that shouldn't deconfirm her. You win 3 trophies of every playable character.

Being revealed as a trophy first.... yeah, that deconfirms her. Shame, she'd have made a cool AT. I'm sure Magnus will be one all the more seeing her here though.
My bets on both Magnus and Eggplant Wizard being assist trophies.

I think they're both very... lame, but I think they both deserve assist trophy status.
And if either Medusa or Hades don't make it as a boss...
Medusa- Assist instead of one of those 2
Hades- just a trophy

I think seeing her trophy for the anniversary was very exciting, especially because Captain Rainbow Little Mac looks... bad. Visually... and it disturbs me.
This shows trophies can and will actually look nice on the Wii U
And the Saria trophy on the 3ds looks pretty decent, but it doesn't match Phosphora.

EDIT: This model looks FAR BETTER than the artwork for Uprising IMO, she looks amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ouch. Sorry to those who wanted Phosphora to be playable. Though, I honestly didn't expect her to be playable... nor become an Assist Trophy (I would give that honor to Magnus really).

Still though, sorry you guys. Looks like the only surviving member of the Forces of Nature is... Arlon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom