• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mekos Presents!! Press Start - NC and MD/VA Clash!!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123

Alright!! Thanks everyone for coming out to my very first tourney! I am very happy with the turnout! We had players from MD, VA, NC, and OH show up! I love u all and thank you again :bee:

3v3 teams was very successful! I hope TO's across the US try this out. It would be great to see it at Apex 2013! Woohoo!!

NC Takes 3v3 teams!!
3v3 Teams
http://i.imgur.com/VgFts.gif

1: The Will of Fire (Stingers, Sushi man, Mekos) ($63.00) Rob, Mk, Lucas
2: MD/VA's Finest (Lie, TC1, Logic) ($31.50) Mk, Diddy, Olimar
3: MD/VA's second impact! (Korn, Luckay, Seagull) ($10.50) Mk, Pit, Wolf
4: The Three Musketeers (V1CE, archer, Dr Peepee) Mk, Tlink, Marth
5: Twelve (Dr. Yogi, Cory, 313) Mario, DDD, Snake
5: Phart (SuperSage, Dan V, Tilly) ? Let me know please
7: Team Sea Slug (Tin, Erik, Roy!) Falco, Kirby, Luigi

Doubles
http://i.imgur.com/OqT0e.gif

1: Space Monkeys (Logic + Lie) ($132.00) - Diddy/Olimar
2: Will of Fire (Mekos + Archer) ($66.00) Lucas/Tlink,Mk
3: Blackout at Cookout (Seagull + Korn) ($22.00) Wolf,DDD/MK
4: Buff Physiques (Stingers + Pp) Rob/Marth
5: Will of Fyre (Luckay + Fyre) Pit/Pit
5: Rob is Bad (MegaRobMan + Stock) Wolf/Snake
7: Anubis!! (Konrad + Sushi) Lucario/MK
7: Mario and Snake (313 and Dr. Yogi) Snake/Mario
9: Super ACTUAL Brothers (Roy + Eric)
9: Team Lyoko (Sane + Axel)
9: Big Black ****s (V1CE + Cory) Mk/DDD

Singles
http://i.imgur.com/oX9Zk.gif

1: Lie ($110.00) - Diddy, MK
2: Mekos ($50.00) - Lucas
3: Logic ($30.00) - Olimar
4: Sushi-Man ($10.00) - MK
5: Stingers - Rob
5: Luckay - Pit
7: TurkeyWonder(Seagull) - Wolf
7: TC1 - Diddy
9: 313 - Snake
9: Taj - MK
9: Cory - DDD
9: Stockfield - Snake
13: Konrad - Mk
13: MegaRobMan - Wolf
13: Lenny - ZSS
13: Archer - Tlink, MK
17: V1CE - MK
17: Sane - Marth
17: Fyre - Pit
17: Uncle - Bowser

The Will of Fire Point System
Will Points
It is known that players get better and increase in power with tourney experience. That is my goal for all of you and here is a system to help influence you to enter all events! Experience new challenges and have fun while receiving points! You simply get points for entering events. 1 point per event. So if you enter singles, doubles, and 3v3 teams you would get 3 points. At the end of the season you will get a reward if you reach a certain amount of points. Rewards will be determined in the near future. Get your points!!

Fire Points
You receive Fire points by placing top 10 in singles. Fire points will be used for seeding. Also, once you reach a certain amount of Fire Points you will gain "Pro" status. Pro status allows for a guaranteed top seed and $2 fee off of the venue fee!
1st place - 120 points
2nd place - 80 points
3rd place - 40 points
4th place - 20 points
5th place - 10 points
6th place - 5 points
7th - 10th place - 1 point

*480 points = pro status
*Once you have reached Pro status you can lose Fire points by two ways
1. Placing out of top 3
2. Not attending tourneys.

I will update everyone's Will points and Fire points in a tournament thread for this tournament series.

Here is the Fire points for now
Lie - 120 points
Mekos - 80 points
Logic - 40 points
Sushi Man - 20 points
Stingers - 10 points
Luckay4Life - 10 points
Seagull(Turkeywonder) - 1 point
TC - 1 point
313- 1 point
Taj - 1 point
Cory - 1 point
Stockfield - 1 point

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You should put turkeywonder as seagull man in the results so people know.
Fun tourney, sucks we had to play on laggy tvs though.
Super disappointed with how I did, game 3 last hit and couldnt clutch it out both times =[ feels bad bro.

also taj plays mk and sane plays marth.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Shout outs to Stingers and Sushi-man holding it down in 3v3 teams!!
@Gheb - thanks bro! Some players actually came just to play 3v3 teams and nothing else. It was pretty cool.

3v3 teams is so nerve wrecking. I was anchor for my team. While I watched my other teamates play I was so nervous for them. My fiance said 3v3 teams was the most interesting to watch because it was like a relay race. She ran track lol. Being last I got real nervous cuz I had to end strong for my team. So much pressure -______-.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
shoutouts to stingers and sushiman doing all the work in 3v3 teams and mekos almost choking it up and losing the whole thing for us twice in a row is more like it
you owe us mekos...you owe us.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
-______- ^ read up punk. I gave u yer credit. Anchor is the hardest in a team thing. Leave me alone :(
We all did our part. I finished it out when needed baby.

archer.

Smash Lord
Horrible singles placing for me, played so much better in 3v3's than in anything else. GG's to everyone of course, and thanks Mekos for teaming with me, I felt bad for scrubbing it up in WF and GF. TV's lagging was kind of lame, also the seeding could have been done a lot better.

IDK if I'll be at the next one, unless it's a different venue/CRT TV's are used.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
U did fine Archer. I had fun teaming with u xD

The next venue probably will be different. Make sure yall bring TV's. The Tv's weren't bad. Way better than MLG. Definitely playable.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
ok....

Korn:massive troll >__>

Fyre:ggs

Dr.Yogi:You really must practice.

Cory:I still need to work on beating D3.

Taj:>___>

MegaRobMan:good stuff in teams. Tell Jman I said wassup.

Stingers:good stuff

Sushi:MK >__>

PP:good to see you settled in at UNCG. Looking forward to good times with you and the rest of the Gboro crew

Blackchris' mk:looooooooooooooooooooooool

Archer:good stuff in 3 v 3

Seagull:meh mm lol

Logic:I wanted to play you.

Axel:Your Luigi is sick.

Steve:no mk on me????

Konrad:there should be stuff in Ohio from what I showed you earlier. look it up you won't regret it.

Stockfield:Thanks for taking me back. Whenever PP has free time we'll try to converge at UNCG to play with him, Dr.Yogi, and Killanator. I'll keep you posted.

I ran out stuff to stay.............................................

V1CE

Smash Champion
Hey I played an entire set with d3 in singles not like it matters... jeez i scrubbed it up here... honestly my giva a **** about smash meter is running low... I have only a few monthes left till I leave and this is some of the few social things i do hence why i come... I only enjoyed the 3v3 teams... the tvs didnt seem toooo bad... they were playable but much rather play on crt tvs...

good stuff seeing everyone again tho...

Roy!

Smash Rookie
Thanks Mekos for the new venue and event... too bad we had to head out earlier than expected and miss singles. Our team's 3v3 character lineup was Falco/Kirby/Luigi.

stingers: good to see you again and get in some friendlies
zach: brawl friendlies... a challenge and a blast as always
dr.yogi: that luigi/mario matchup in 3v3 was fun! hope to get some more experience with that at the next event
sushiman: good doubles match... one of these days I'll figure out metaknight (or not!)
erik: man, I should be a better teammate and not fall off the ledge so often
everyone I played melee friendlies with: Good times!
everyone I played brawl friendlies with: Ditto!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You always lose to Lucas?
... Damn...
That's pretty bad.
Yeaaaaa. No MT/LT gives me trouble except :lucas:. My worst matchups personally are at the moment :lucas: and maybe :diddy:. I've overcome my :olimar: weakness though.

I'm 1-3 with Pink Fresh and now 0-1 with Mekos lawl. Every match almost went to time vs Mekos.

:wolf: is probably the easiest character for :lucas: to dair lock to bs.

:018:

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Rules for 3v3 teams
*Get hyped for a new way to play smash! “3v3 teams” is a fusion of smash crews and traditional fighting games 3v3 teams.
-3 players per team
-1 character allowed per team (can’t have two marths on one team for example)
-Characters are locked for the whole tourney
-Player placement on the team is locked for the whole tourney (choose who goes first, second, and last wisely)
-6 minute timer
- 2 stock rounds/stocks carry over throughout the match. (if you win a match and have 1 stock. You start the next round with 1 stock. Jump off at the beginning and count to 5 while both players are at opposite sides of the stage. Then begin the fight)
-A team wins a match when all of the opposing teams members are defeated.
-1 match/Finals are first to 2 matches.
-Stage is picked for the entire match (all 3-6 rounds). Strike for the stage

@Vinyl - Sorry bro there was no stream. I didn't want to do too much for my first tourney u know :(.
Next time....

@Roy - Thanks buddy!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yeaaaaa. No MT/LT gives me trouble except :lucas:. My worst matchups personally are at the moment :lucas: and maybe :diddy:. I've overcome my :olimar: weakness though.

I'm 1-3 with Pink Fresh and now 0-1 with Mekos lawl. Every match almost went to time vs Mekos.

:wolf: is probably the easiest character for :lucas: to dair lock to bs.

Hold up during dair, no lock.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lmao, I'm actually in NC now, I wish I knew about this tourney; I would've shown up. Anyways, good stuff lie. I'm sorry I doubted that you were still top 5 material.

Were any vids recorded?

EDIT: Also congrats on your engagement Mekos ^_^

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Good job mekos for hosting, though the laggy TVs were garbs and the 3v3 rules should be tweeked imo you did a good job as a host as far as getting stuff taken care of. Also good job getting second.

3v3 teams were pretty hype, I would like more events to have this as a side event, I also think having it at the start is a good idea to build hype.

Shout outs to Subway being right in front of the venue.

1: Lie ($110.00) - :diddy:, :metaknight: - Good job winning the tourney, MD taking first in NC as usual.
2: Mekos ($50.00) - :lucas: - Ggs in tourney, you legit outplayed me. Nicely run tournament as well, I wont spend all my fire points in one place lol.
3: Logic ($30.00) - :olimar: -Ggs, nice surprise seeing you guys show up to make some money.
4: Sushi-Man ($10.00) - :metaknight: -Didn't expect you to be so good since I've never heard of you. You should go oos
5: Stingers - :rob: - Cool I placed the same as NC's numba 1
5: Luckay - :pit: :pikachu2: - Get dunked my diddy kong in 3v3 scrub
7: TurkeyWonder(Seagull) - :wolf: - :lucas: :lucas: :lucas:
7: TC1 - :diddy: - Ggs in tourney, 3v3, and mms
9: 313 - :snake: - What up doe
9: Taj - :metaknight: - You coming with us made the car ride fun as hell lol
9: Cory - :dedede: - Nice seeing you again, fun friendlies at mekos' place
9: Stockfield - :snake: - Good job beating archer, also nice set in tourney
13: Konrad - :metaknight: - What up doe
13: MegaRobMan - :wolf: - top 5 wolf for sure
13: Lenny - :zerosuitsamus: - What up doe
13: Archer - :toonlink:, :metaknight: -hype in 3v3, booty in singles?
17: V1CE - :metaknight: -Ggs guy
17: Sane - :marth:- Yo
17: Fyre - :pit: - Best part of the weekend is spending time with you <3, don't feel too bad about one tourney performance where the TVs aren't even sufficient for legit gameplay. Nice teamwork in doubles too, baby
17: Uncle - :bowser: - oh bowser, you so silly

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
shouts

mekos- good tourney, sorry about your arm

stongers- thanks for teaming. good luck with teams. we should talk more

sushi- homie

archer- got off

steeeeeeeve- for name being steve

cory- luigi

jreece- crowd commentary

OOS- thanks for comin

Seagull- GGz. Wolf is weird
why'd you CP BF?

me- train more next time noob

ye

good tourney for reminding me some things about myself. nice seeing ya d00dz

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me come out and play with everyone! I had a great time, learned a lot and hopefully I will see you all in the near future! I wanted to thank SushiMan in particular for teaming with me - since it was my first tournament it was the highlight of the day for me really to be able to play on a team with someone of such high caliber =D

Also, thanks to Logic for explaining a lot of details and letting me know how I can improve. Best wishes to everyone!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I see you joe trying to hide from rankings as TurkeyWonder

good work lie, joe, and café

café please practice again!
I actually entered my name as that in singles when it started.
Hold up during dair, no lock.
I do do that, but when :lucas: is on my shield there is like nothing I can do to punish him afterwards. His shield pressure is strong since I can't do anything amazing out of shield. My best option is Nair.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lie-Was too intimdated to play, I'm so bad vs Diddy lol

Mekos-Nice tournament, kinda mad about the flat screens, I got away with so much stupid **** that would never work outside of Lag in doubles.

Logic-Was too intimidated to play, I'm so bad vs Olimar lol

Sushi-Man-That was the gayest set of brawl I have ever experienced. You are lucky my wolf is a magnet for snakes explosives. Thanks for the ride and hanging out.

Stingers-You have me worried that a real sonic main might actually be able to take a game off me again someday :/ You were surprisingly good at melee, bad vs peach johns. Thanks for letting me stay and hanging out, legit human being.

Luckay-I wanted to play you but you were outside more than I was.

TurkeyWonder-Dr. PeePee is pretty good, isn't he, told ya :p Thanks for looking out for me and making sure I didn't get a hard bracket..............................except you gave me a Diddy who knows the wolf matchup you ****head. <3

TC1-You bodied me, GG's.

313-Nice talking to ya, Nice Lions hat, I'll let Jman know whats up. Quit spot dodging so much, I kept bairing you in doubles because I knew you were gonna do it.

Taj-I'm mad I lost to you on a Laggy TV is all I will say, because I don't want to discredit your win, but you wouldn't EVER get away with tornadoing that much vs Wolf on a CRT TV. Nice hanging out after the match, promise I'm not mad about the loss or you abusing the lighter, but it's all good, you're a cool guy.

Cory- DDD is ****ing stupid.

Stockfield-Thanks for picking me up, no worries about game 3 vs PeeGers, I ****ed up game 3 vs sushi and Konrad, can't believe I died at 0 like twice in that set. Your snake is getting better.

Konrad-GG's, make sure to get active on the Ohio thread, Lumi is the man around that area so be sure and let him know you're kewwwwl.

MegaRobMan-
13: MegaRobMan - :wolf: - top 5 wolf for sure
and the legend continues.

Lenny-Dude, you could be amazing at melee with little effort, seriously get a hold of PeePee and those dudes, you're ability to pick up tech skill that fast for how little you claim to play that game was astounding.

Archer-I'm sad we didn't even get to play, when I came to play vs you and seagull you were doing a money match so I ran away and did something else, thanks for offering a ride the other day.

V1CE-Nice to see ya again, you were doing some serious work in 3v3's, YA I PLAY MELEE! lol. Where are you moving to?

Sane-Good marth, work on that Mix up game, knowing when to fair and when to nair is a big deal with Marth, imo. It was fun hanging out by the traintracks with ya and hunting for big booty.

Fyre-I saw you in the car for a long while, hope everything was okay.

Uncle-Nice chatting with ya, it's always nice when the Mods realize I'm harmless in real life and that me being a troll is a troll in itself.

Joshsyde-Thanks for coming to a brawl tournament to hang out and play melee, I've missed Alex so much. Sorry my sheik is just an a-button mash combo machine, I'm bad at tech skill :0

Blackchris-Nice to meet ya, you were giving me some looks with ganon I hadn't had to play vs before

Leo (right?)-Ugh, Falco is so hard to play against if he has the lead, but then again so is Wolf. That matchup is all about stages.

Stingers/Sushi's roommate who I didn't catch their name-GG's in melee, sheik is a ***** for marth, and that's like my best matchup currently so no worries, you were playing fine.

Snap-No worries, I have room in my heart for you still even though you didn't come hang out.

TLDR;

Fun tourney, sucks we had to play on laggy tvs though.
IDK if I'll be at the next one, unless it's a different venue/CRT TV's are used.
^^^^^^

I love ya NC, hopefully I see ya'll next year.

Special Shout outs to Dr. PeePee for 3 stocking me every match on average in melee, it's like going back to 2008 again and re-entering the melee scene again.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
2: Mekos ($50.00): Your Lucas is ****, as always. You did a good job of hosting the tourney too. My only recommendation would be to seed the bracket better next time. There were some unjustified byes and weird pairings in it.
4: Sushi-Man ($10.00): SUSHIIIIIII, you need to get some OOS in your system sometime, bro. You're NC's best kept secret.
5: Stingers: I know you don't like MK, but don't sweat it. You have such a mastery over your character that you've overcome the MU multiple times before, just not this time. That set between you and Sushi could have gone either way. You didn't go down easily in the slightest.
5: Luckay: Yup, Bowser is silly.
7: TurkeyWonder(Seagull): Super Saiyan Bankai Avatar State Sage Mode, and we should have had a Bowser ditto or Random MM for the lulz, Joe.
9: 313: You're arguably NC's most consistent player as of late, and you'll definitely be the next unranked to make the PR. Seriously, you've come a long way. Good ****.
9: Taj: Sorry I failed at life during our $1 MM, bro. Still, it was fun.
9: Cory: This man's D3 knowledge helped Jaurice overcome the odds. He is too good.
9: Stockfield: Good **** in our set. It feels good beating your MK, but your Snake still has my number.
13: Konrad: It was nice meeting you and playing you a bit. You're VERY good considering that this was your first tournament ever.
13: MegaRobMan: Nice meeting you, too. You're definitely a chill guy in person. Next time you come to NC, we gotta play.
13: Lenny: I didn't play you at this, but don't worry. I'll be practicing more with you and the rest of Raleigh now that I know where y'all gather at.
13: Archer: JD, my dude, you were destined for better than this.This will be a dark chapter when I write my book.
17: V1CE: Your D3 is pretty good, man. Jaurice was just very well-prepared for you, it seems. I honestly think there's no shame in losing to him anymore.
17: Sane: Zach, dude, good **** on finally getting a win over me. You've come a long way since I first played you, and it showed on this night. You deserved it. It's messed up how you're still in last, though, due to the way the bracket was set up.
17: Fyre: I didn't see you around the venue much. Did something happen?
17: Uncle: Yo, this guy needs to get back into training gear. Not playing this game outside of tourneys is bad for your chances of winning, fella. The bracket wasn't exactly nice to you, yes, but a change wouldn't have made too much of a difference. The biggest obstacle holding you back is yourself.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Special shoutouts to Logic and Lie. In losers finals and Grand finals they let me pause the match and take a break while my arm muscle spasmed.

Thanks alot. That was really nice. U could have just taken stocks or not let me rest my arm.

clowsui

Smash Legend
shoutouts to seagull joe for getting bodied by dr peepee but not playing on recording setup

what a bit

/mandatoryppmeatride

i'm done

good stuff for 3v3 mekos

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The tournament was enjoyable, but ran kinda poorly. This tourney would probably have ended at 3 AM if I didn't have Mekos start doubles signups at 6 PM...Doing a side event first is a dumb idea. I know it was Mekos's first attempt at TO'ing, but he probably should have listened to other people a little bit more in terms of time management. I think he'll do fine hosting his next tourney if he does his side event last, doesn't allow smashers to come 1.5 hours later then the start time of the first event, and stays strict to his schedule.

I won't come back to this venue because I don't like the Tv's I played on (I did at least 50 Usmash's accidentally because the LCD Tv's caused me to buffer them. /salt) and he changed rules about payouts mid tourney. It went from paying out in 3v3's to top 3 to randomly top 2. I know it's just $3.50, but that's bs that you didn't follow your original rules.

Good games to anyone I played. Love the Nc scene cause yall chill and funny as hell.

Top Bottom