• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution 13! SAN ANTONIO & HOUSTON CONFIRMED! Mid tier singles too!

Denti

Smash Master
Revolution 13!

Where: Area 51
Address 201 N. Barton Street
Grapevine, TX 76051

This tournament will be on September 22nd, a Saturday.

This is the thread to the Melee tournament held my Emily in the same venue as us
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314582

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/284141555031753/

All is Brawl Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13708

Details:

If you need to contact me you can PM me or call/text my cell, 405-923-7133.

Venue fee: 5$ (waived if you bring a setup)
Singles Entry Fee 10$
Doubles Entry Fee 10$ (5$ per person)
Side event 3$ MID/LOW TIERS!!!!!!!

These characters are playable for the side event!
:wolf: :fox: :peach: :pit:
:rob: :kirby2: :sonic: :dk2: :ike: :sheik:
:yoshi2: :ness2: :pt: :luigi2:
:lucas: :mario2: :samus2: :bowser2: :falcon:
:jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :ganondorf:

TIMES:
Set up and registration will start at Noon
Doubles will start at 1:00 PM
Singles will start sometime near the end of doubles. So probably 3:30-4:00
We have to be leaving at 10:00 pm

Payouts (SINGLES)

12 or above people.
1st=48%
2nd=24%
3rd=12%
4th=8%
5th=4%
5th=4%

Below 12 people
1st=60%
2nd=30
3rd=10%

Payouts, Doubles. (Same for side event)
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

If 8 teams or more
1st = 50%
2nd = 25
3rd = 15%
4th = 10%

Ruleset!

Stagelist:

Neutrals (Starters) - Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island.

Counterpicks - Delfino Plaza, Frigate, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Siege.

Rules:

- 3 stocks

- 10 minute timer

- Items set to Off and None

- Percentage and stage are the same if the game is restarted due to interrupted circumstances

- All Characters are allowed

- Best of 3 sets, all Finals matches are best of 5

- 1 stage ban per player/team

- Stage Striking: Rock/Paper/Scissors; loser strikes 2 stages from the Neutral stage list, then the winner strikes 3 of the remaining neutrals, then loser strikes 1 last stage. First game of the set is played from the remaining stage

- Team Attack On for Doubles event

- Double Meta Knight is banned in doubles

- 40 Ledge Grab Limit per character; If the game goes to time, the winner will be decided in order by the ledge grab limit first (game loss is awarded to the player that goes over the lgl; if both players go over the lgl then then the lgl rule is ignored), then stock (most stocks wins), then by percentage (lower percentage wins). If percentage is the same, a 1 stock, 3 minute tiebreaker will be played out to decide the winner.

- No Dave's Stupid Rule; the player can go back to the same stage as a counterpick he/she won on in a previous game of the set.

- Scrooging Rule: Must land on the main stage once before going under the stage twice

No infinite dimensional cape.

All rules are subject to change at anytime by the TO. So in other words, if I left out a rule don't break it or I'll call you out. I'm practically doing this from memory.

Please everyone bring setups! You will make my world go round

Dnyce

Smash Master
why can't we do the n64 version... where the controllers actually allow you to do 90% of the ATs as well as be able to block without grabbing first????

Denti

Smash Master
because i wouldn't have enough set ups and people wouldn't be able to bring their own controllers because not everyone has a good N64 controller or would care to bring it.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'll pass then, lol. Can't block or move on the VC version, it's hardly the same game. XD

Denti

Smash Master
I'm talking to a lot of different regions right now trying to get some out of region interest on this. I'll come back to you later with confirmations and junk.

edit: I just made an AiB link, you guys should click that you are attending it. :)

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13708

double edit: San Antonio is almost confirmed. Nike just told me Paw, Prime and Himself are probably confirmed, but they'll know for sure soon.

Neon!

Smash Lord
why can't we do the n64 version... where the controllers actually allow you to do 90% of the ATs as well as be able to block without grabbing first????
The GC controllers are far superior to the original n64 controllers. The layout of the N64 controller is extremely awkward and often times uncomfortable when attempting to play seriously. Part of this stems from the fact that the player's hands are in two completely different positions when using the analog stick. This contrasts with the design of the GC controller where the players hands are in a fairly comfortable, parallel position.

I would love to see a smash 64 side event in the near future.

Denti

Smash Master
San Antonio confirmed for Revolution 13. Nike and Paw are coming from Megabus.

Also Houston is confirmed. For sure Sync, PJ, Asa, BC and Run CT.
I am waiting to hear back to see if Pwii is coming with them. I am also waiting to hear back to see if anyone else from SA might be waiting to confirm.

Edit: Damien is also coming to this and entering. I'm working on pulling more people into this. Razer and Dojo have told me they are for sure not coming to this one.

Edit 2: I just got the address confirmed for this so there is no more confusion. Also... new gif

Edit 3: For the amount of people coming to this there is like no post in here. Wtf? lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
The GC controllers are far superior to the original n64 controllers. The layout of the N64 controller is extremely awkward and often times uncomfortable when attempting to play seriously. Part of this stems from the fact that the player's hands are in two completely different positions when using the analog stick. This contrasts with the design of the GC controller where the players hands are in a fairly comfortable, parallel position.
I can't tell if you're trolling =_=

Dnyce

Smash Master
What exactly can't you do on the N64 smash bros than the virtual console version?
Recover, combo, block, DJC etc... pretty much everything that makes the game worth playing XD

SHDL or do a DJC w/o leaving the ground on a GCN controller and I will take all of this back, lol

Neon!

Smash Lord
Recover, combo, block, DJC etc... pretty much everything that makes the game worth playing XD

SHDL or do a DJC w/o leaving the ground on a GCN controller and I will take all of this back, lol
It's hard to transition from either controller. After playing Melee and Brawl for so long I found it much easier to use the GC controller for the original smash. I can SHDL and DJC w/o leaving the ground on both controllers but I find it easier to do on the GC.

My earlier comment wasn't a joke, I've never heard anyone say that the N64 controller is more comfortable or better designed than the GC controller.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I've never heard anyone say the GCN controller is better than the 64 for smash64. Most 64 tournaments I've been to everyone abhors the GCN controller for smash64, though most players use a keyboard now :p

Neon!

Smash Lord
I've never heard anyone say the GCN controller is better than the 64 for smash64. Most 64 tournaments I've been to everyone abhors the GCN controller for smash64, though most players use a keyboard now :p
If we're going to have a smash 64 side event at a brawl tournament it should be on the Virtual console since 90% of the players there will be more familiar with the GC controller. There are no AT's that either controller cant perform it just comes down to how comfortable the player is with their controller.

Denti

Smash Master
So Dakpo might be coming to this. He's on the fence because he can't really commit all day because he's gota practice some music and do school stuff(which is more important so congrats to him for having good priorities). But I've gotten him interested on at least coming here to do ONLY singles only and then head back afterwards, so lets cross our fingers.

edit: what is the apex stage list? I thought it was 7 neutrals?

double edit: Singles are aiming to start at 3:00-3:30 you guys. Instead of waiting on doubles I'm wanting to start around then.

triple edit: it's 5 neutrals. I'm changing it now.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone - Melee TO here if yall don't know me. This is going to be a pretty epic event. We're having UMvC3 and Persona 4 Arena as side tournies ($5 entry each) and a bunch of free giveaways - Wireless gaming headset, couple of video games, t shirts, lanyards, swag swag swag. The venue is nice and spacious and the owners are really nice (and I guess Denti and I are pretty nice too). Should be a fun time for everyone!!!

Top Bottom