• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Crusade Series 4 - Apex Ruleset!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
PLEASE BRING SETUPS IF YOU CAN! THIS WILL HELP THE TOURNAMENT RUN FAST AND SMOOTH. ALSO, PLEASE ARRIVE EARLIER THAN NOON; SIGNUPS START AROUND 11AM, SO THE EARLIER EVERYONE IS HERE, THE SOONER WE CAN START, THE SOONER WE CAN END AND ON TIME. THANKS IN ADVANCE! ^_^

Address: 6212 McCart Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76133

Fees:

Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)

Payouts for Singles/Doubles:

19 or less entries: 70/20/10
20 or more entries: 60/30/10

Apex Ruleset (modified)!

Stagelist:

Neutrals (Starters) - Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks - Halberd, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Rules: -3 Stock; 8 Min. Timer.
-Items set to off and none.
-Pause set to off.
-Team attack on.
-40 ledge grab limit for all characters.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Time outs are determined by whoever has more stock, or less percent if stock is tied. If a player goes over their LGL at time out, they lose the game. If both players exceed the LGL, the LGL ruling is nullified.
-If both players are tied exactly at time out, a 1 stock 3 minute rematch will be played. The LGL for this rematch is 15.
-In teams at time out, LGL is in effect if one player on a team goes over the LGL. If one or more players from both teams go over the LGL, the rule is nullified.
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
-All chain grabs and infinites are legal up to 300%.
-Scrooging rule: Must land on the main stage and make contact (either you or your opponent hit confirms on the other) before going under the stage to the other side again. Failure to follow this rule will result in a game loss. Don't be that guy.
-Double MK is banned in Doubles event.

-Players/Teams decide on priority by agreement, or a side game like Rock Paper Scissors or GaW Hammer if they can not decide. Winner gets to choose if they want port priority or stage priority. Whichever option they don't pick, the other team/player gets. Team/Player with port priority picks whichever port they want first. Team/Player who gets stage priority strikes the first stage.
-Stage striking goes in the order 1-2-1 (Team/Player A strikes 1 stage, Team/Player B strikes 2 stages, Team/Player A strikes 1 stage).
-After a match is finished, the loser may request to repick controller ports, and if so, they have first pick at ports.
-All teams must follow the 1-2-2-1 port layout.
-Each team/player is allowed one stage ban per set.
-After a match is finished, the previous winner bans a stage if they haven't yet that set. The previous loser then picks the stage for the next game. Then the winner picks their character(s) followed by the loser.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: A team/player may not go back to the same stage they previously won on in the set unless agreed upon by both teams/players.

D

Deleted member

How many entrants are you going to get this time alsm, 6? Maybe you shouldn't drive people away this time.

Dnyce

Smash Master
How many entrants are you going to get this time alsm, 6? Maybe you shouldn't drive people away this time.
Maybe you shouldn't drive the TO hosting tournaments away. No need to antagonize him over something in the past. It's a new thread, wait until things actually start happening before trying to pick a fight <_<

On another note, I can't wait to go :)

Dakpo

Smash Lord
lol I rarely see a texas tournament thread without xyro coming to hate on the rules or something XD

D

Deleted member

Ive seriously never heard of a TO giving out just like that.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Mr. BlueSky was a R.O.B. And Mario main that hosted his first tourney which pulled in 6 or so people. It was the same weekend as a major event, so a lot of people didn't go. He was so salty, he quit the entire smash scene. Never heard of again.

Moral of the story - Uplift and Edify everyone!

D

Deleted member

Ok, sorry ALSM. I don't want to be as much of an *** as I was.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I'll probably megabus to this if I can get housing for friday+sat and a ride to/from the megabus and venue :)

I know I'm asking alot, but no worries, I'll def pay for gas monies <3

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'll probably megabus to this if I can get housing for friday+sat and a ride to/from the megabus and venue :)

I know I'm asking alot, but no worries, I'll def pay for gas monies <3
I'll get you covered. :)

:phone:
Me too please? If I can somehow get this day off, I wanna come to this too.

I just need someone to drive me away ;) from the megabus stop.

I'm considering trying to take the 7AM bus to make it there for 11:30, but somehow I think thats asking too much of myself and whoever would be picking me up. I'm going to just try to coordinate with Zero to see if we can get similar pick up and drop off times.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Me too please? If I can somehow get this day off, I wanna come to this too.

I just need someone to drive me away ;) from the megabus stop.

I'm considering trying to take the 7AM bus to make it there for 11:30, but somehow I think thats asking too much of myself and whoever would be picking me up. I'm going to just try to coordinate with Zero to see if we can get similar pick up and drop off times.
Yes, you too Tesh. :) I can actually pick you up that early.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I already bought tickets so you can pick up/drop off zero and me at the same time.

Next time, I'll probably be going for 1 day trips if tournament start time/end time allows though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why do you guys have a tournament like every week. Its so hard to pick which one I should be attending.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
We're trying to get better, activity helps. Side event? I can add one in I guess. Any ideas? I guess I can try the whole mid/low tier doubles event.

Any suggestions for a side event?

Tesh

Smash Hero
YOLO!!!!

One stock, One Dollar, One Winner takes it all.

There is always :metaknight: only singles, but I think thats more of an MK banned side event.

With HOBO gone and Megabus here, I'm trying to figure out what your most important event is each month, since I can't really come over every week.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Alright you guys, I finally updated the OP with the full rules of this tournament. I suggest you take the time to read for your understanding. You'd be surprised how many players don't read the rules and just attend the tourney; then they ask questions during the tournament on what the rules are, lol. Don't be that guy.

YOLO!!!!

One stock, One Dollar, One Winner takes it all.

There is always :metaknight: only singles, but I think thats more of an MK banned side event.

With HOBO gone and Megabus here, I'm trying to figure out what your most important event is each month, since I can't really come over every week.
Interesting side event. Would anyone be down for this? Tell me peoples. What do YOU want for a side event? As for our most important event, I'd say both Revolution and Texas Crusade Series are important events in DFW. Honestly, just pick one that fits your schedule best if you can only attend one of the tourneys of the month.

Denti

Smash Master
Why do you guys have a tournament like every week. Its so hard to pick which one I should be attending.
Xyro warned me of this. He told me that Alsm and I should cordinate tournaments better to create interest higher so more regions will travel because more regions want to come. Alsm we should really not have more than two tournaents a month imo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, don't jump to any conclusions, but other cities are likely to host a tournament maybe once or twice a month too. So even if you have one every week, it might help to put the spotlight on one of them to attract the entire region to it.

Personally I'll just try to come to Dallas when my work schedule allows regardless.

Denti

Smash Master
Well, don't jump to any conclusions, but other cities are likely to host a tournament maybe once or twice a month too. So even if you have one every week, it might help to put the spotlight on one of them to attract the entire region to it.

Personally I'll just try to come to Dallas when my work schedule allows regardless.
The only city holding tournaments is Us and Houston. Everywhere else is like once every other month at best.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've never played most of you Dallas players offline.
MM everyone (dirt cheap tho, I'm not made of money and its already costing me my life savings to attend this).

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
^Ok. We'll work out a plan for next month.
Don't forget to include SaiXeven and I into the conversation too. While I am not holding as many tournaments as I use to, I still do hold them from time to time, so any coordination to get maximum exposure for numbers.

Sorry I had to use your thread to do that, but any coordination is better than none at all.

Denti

Smash Master
Sanji you really should look into another date for your tournament. There is a really big tournament in San Antonio on that date that has been scheduled ahead of time >.>

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wasn't Nikefest 5 also rumored to be in October?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Alright guys, I updated the ruleset with a scrooging rule. Be sure to read for your understanding. Knowing the rules is important. :)

Edit- Also Double MK is banned for the doubles event.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Scrooging rule applies even without a timeout?

Also what counts as going under the stage? If I go like halfway under then come back to the side i was on, does that count?

What if my opponent jumps off stage and we hit each other? Do I still need to land on stage to go under again? I ask this because you put "and" in the rule.

The LGL for teams is still per character or is it per team? Like can my MK have 70 ledge grabs if my partner has 0?

Is homing attack stalling legal?

Top Bottom