• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make your own Event match! any takers?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
uhh, hi there. not sure if this is against the rules or anything, but if it is, say so.

okay, so I've taken quite an interest in how Event Matches place you in all sorts of scenarios, and challenge players to try and beat them. on the other hand, I'm sure many people have conquered such challenges, and plenty of them with ease at that.

so, since I'm bored, I'll ask for a challenge. now these challenges are a little different from some simple multiplayer match, which anyone can do, what I'm asking, as per the thread's title, is for someone to essentially make up an event match of their own for me to try. if I clear it, I'll record the video and upload it along with providing my thoughts on it.

the format goes like this

Challenge Title: *flashy title, or epic, sum up the event with this*

Match Type: *Stock, Time, or Coin? Singles, Double, 1VS2 or 3, Special match, multiple rounds at once, what's the fight essentially?*

Rules changed: *by Default, all items will be on at LOW, Team Attack will be ON, and everything else including handicap, damage ratio and the like except stage selection. state these changes here*

Player: *state my character or character choices I can or cannot make*

Opponent: *who do I face, and what level are they?*

Stage: *where does the challenge take place?*

Special Restriction: *the most important part, state a limit that I have to follow or state a win requirement, this isn't some game option, so be creative!*

for now, this will be done on ordinary Brawl, but should I get enough challenges, I'll see about expanding to other Smash games, such as Melee and Brawl Project M. so, any creative minds around here?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
...either this place is empty or there's not very many people interested... *sigh* oh well... I'm not giving up, though, I really would like something a little more interesting than standard multiplayer matches

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
In my opinion, this is pretty interesting. And it would be more interesting if the people in the forum would start to record this style of Event Matches, just for fun.

So... Here's mine:

Challenge Title: Warlock's Punch: Photo Final
Match Type: Singles
Rules Changed: -None-
Player: You will play as Ganondorf
Opponent: Meta Knight lvl. 9
Stage: FD or BF
Special Restriction: The event will be a 1 stock match and you have to end with a Warlock Punch

That's all, btw, here's the format as proposed by Phoenix502 is anyone is interested:

Code:
[B]Challenge Title:[/B*]
[B]Match Type:[/B*]
[B]Rules Changed:[/B*]
[B]Player:[/B*]
[B]Opponent:[/B*]
[B]Stage:[/B*]
[B]Special Restriction:[/B*]

Just erase the *

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Challenge Title: Captan Falcon gets all the ladies!
Match Type: 1 VS 3
Rules Changed: Team Attack is ON, everything else is OFF
Player: You will play as Captain Falcon
Opponent: lvl 9 zelda/sheik, lvl 9 peach and lvl 9 zero suit samus
Special Restriction: The event will be a 2 stock match and you can end them at any order

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
This is a great idea! I need to contribute to this thread sometime soon.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
and I'll gladly take it, when I'm not too braindead to ready the previous two challenges for posting. I apologize to the two previous event posters, I've been a bit slow in getting the videos ready.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
In my opinion, this is pretty interesting. And it would be more interesting if the people in the forum would start to record this style of Event Matches, just for fun.

So... Here's mine:

Challenge Title: Warlock's Punch: Photo Final
Match Type: Singles
Rules Changed: -None-
Player: You will play as Ganondorf
Opponent: Meta Knight lvl. 9
Special Restriction: The event will be a 1 stock match and you have to end with a Warlock Punch

That's all
Challenge complete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89R6FECODI

In preparation for his inevitable battle with the hero, Link. the King of Evil goes to perfect his abilities with darkness as to ensure he does not lose this time. as he arrives on the Final Destination, it turns out someone is already there a small armored character who points his sword in challenge.

Perhaps this would prove to be a decent warm-up.

stay tuned after the battle to see my thoughts on the challenge.

...Dammit, what's with recording a TV that causes those stupid dark shades to appear, anyways!?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
WHOA, hello!

now THIS, I could use... once i figure it out... not very savvy with code, so hopefully, I can make use of what the tutorial has... if there's one for the less code savvy...

unless maybe this brawlbox thing can access that, too...

EDIT: "Tabuu" huh? well, it doesn't seem to have been completely figured out, so I doubt I'll be able to use this for some more creative ideas... so I'll stick to what I have until then...

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Challenge Title: Captan Falcon gets all the ladies!
Match Type: 1 VS 3
Rules Changed: Team Attack is ON, everything else is OFF
Player: You will play as Captain Falcon
Opponent: lvl 9 zelda/sheik, lvl 9 peach and lvl 9 zero suit samus
Special Restriction: The event will be a 2 stock match and you can end them at any order
Challenge Cleared
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPbI2hvs8A

Based on the ever manly meme awesome, Captain Falcon!

After Claiming the prize of the latest Smash Bros. Exhibition match, our manly hero has taken off to rest up for his next call. unbeknownst to him, three of his most devoted fans have cosplayed as a few lady characters and have tracked him down to be his harem.

As the Captain began to welcome him, however, it turned out his new "harem" demanded they show his manliness in a training exercise. concerned that these ladies are in way over their heads, he's reluctantly accepted their challenge, taking note of the fiery passion in the eyes of these fans.

Stay tuned after the Brawl to hear my thoughts!

MEMETIC INVASION!! I must go neuralize myself, I WAS FORCED TO SAY THAT, I SWEAR!!

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Challenge Cleared
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPbI2hvs8A

Based on the ever manly meme awesome, Captain Falcon!

After Claiming the prize of the latest Smash Bros. Exhibition match, our manly hero has taken off to rest up for his next call. unbeknownst to him, three of his most devoted fans have cosplayed as a few lady characters and have tracked him down to be his harem.

As the Captain began to welcome him, however, it turned out his new "harem" demanded they show his manliness in a training exercise. concerned that these ladies are in way over their heads, he's reluctantly accepted their challenge, taking note of the fiery passion in the eyes of these fans.

Stay tuned after the Brawl to hear my thoughts!

MEMETIC INVASION!! I must go neuralize myself, I WAS FORCED TO SAY THAT, I SWEAR!!
LOL after reading the commentary you did at the end of your video let me tell you, i made it to be hard, i know how hard is to fight 3 level 9 cpus on a small stage and i just wanted to see if you could do the chagenlle, also captain falcon started as most internet memes: out of nowhere, and his manliness lives on.

and yeah captain falcon gets all the ladies:

also congratulations on finishing this chagenlle:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
truth be told, I was kind of serious when I said I was tired of hearing the meme. it was only recently did i find that the lovable goofball Smash bros. has of Captain Falcon is not the case in the original F-Zero games. as it turns out, he's actually a fairly stoic person in public for the most part, and while I'm sure he has his moments, it suddenly seems a bit blown out of proportion... I'd bet nobody in the right mind of dignity would dare cosplay as his Pink costume unless they mind getting laughed at with the jokes...

personally, I like the Captain better as a stoic batman figure of sorts than the flamboyant goof Smash made him out to be... there's just that mysterious sense about someone that would rather deal with his business than show off how awesome he is.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
...sometimes I question the rationality of these people... anyways, I'll await the next Event match, so let's not clutter up the threat with that meme...

I'd probably go mad if it did...

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
Challenge complete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89R6FECODI

In preparation for his inevitable battle with the hero, Link. the King of Evil goes to perfect his abilities with darkness as to ensure he does not lose this time. as he arrives on the Final Destination, it turns out someone is already there a small armored character who points his sword in challenge.

Perhaps this would prove to be a decent warm-up.

stay tuned after the battle to see my thoughts on the challenge.

...Dammit, what's with recording a TV that causes those stupid dark shades to appear, anyways!?
Haha, perfect. It was beatiful.

I will like and coment the **** out of it whenever I'm on my computer. :)

rstada8

Smash Rookie
So can I make a challenge?

Challenge Title: I'm takin' you down with me!
Match Type: Stock (3) Singles
Rules Changed: N/A
Player: Ganondorf
Opponent: Captain Falcon (Lv7)
Stage:Smashville
Special Restriction: An aerial Flame Choke must be the final action of the battle. Don't use Dark Dive more than 7 times.

Uh...am I allowed to make more than one Special Restriction? If so, that up there is my challenge. If not, take away the Dark Dive restriction.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Challenge Title: I'm takin' you down with me!
Match Type: Stock (3) Singles
Rules Changed: N/A
Player: Ganondorf
Opponent: Captain Falcon (Lv7)
Stage:Smashville
Special Restriction: An aerial Flame Choke must be the final action of the battle. Don't use Dark Dive more than 7 times.

Uh...am I allowed to make more than one Special Restriction? If so, that up there is my challenge. If not, take away the Dark Dive restriction.
place as many restrictions as you like, just keep it within reason. ;)

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Rizen (of allisbrawl) said:
Challenge Title: Tornado Alert!
MK is on a quest to spite the Wicked Witch of the East! But he will settle for blowing away some travelers in the barren land of Mushroomy, Kansas.

Match Type: 3 stocks, 2 minutes, FFA

Rules changed: Low gravity special Brawl.

Player: MK

Opponent: Mario, Luigi, Peach: Lv3 CPUs

Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom 1

Special Restriction: You can only KO with MK's tornado, off the top is probably easiest. All opponents must die before the time runs out (it counts if they KO each other or SD but if you KO with any move besides tornado you lose). If you lose the game by dying more than 2x, you lose.
blarg

after having traveled for a month, Meta Knight has returned to his target area to place the Wicked Witch of the East to shame by actually killing someone. the power to become a tornado turned out to result in a problem as his sword had seriously blunted down and that was unable to result in a kill under any other use.

as three skipping travellers were going down a sand covered brick road, it was decided that Meta Knight just get his job done before he misses his chance... perhaps next time, thought he, I can also cast a spell that doesn't dull my blade!

stay tuned after the match to hear my thoughts on it... as well as an apology for taking so long...

GanonPwner

Smash Rookie
Title: Huh? What is this!?!
Concept:Backwards controls.
Stage:FD
Time: 4:00
Type: Stock 2

You will fight a random character (Depending On difficulty). You choose your own character.
Every control will be the opposite. For example Bair=Fair

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Title: Huh? What is this!?!
Concept:Backwards controls.
Stage:FD
Time: 4:00
Type: Stock 2

You will fight a random character (Depending On difficulty). You choose your own character.
Every control will be the opposite. For example Bair=Fair
interesting premise, reversed controls. just one question: how do you actually do that on Final Destination?

only time where I know that happens is on Spear Pillar Palkia, where the Camera sometimes mirrors or flips upside-down. plus, I'm not quite fond of random select, it changes things too much, and... this submission actually is missing quite a few details. rules changed

from what I gathered...

Challenge Title: Huh? What is this!?!
Match Type: 2 stock, 4 minute time limit
Rules Changed: ???
Player: Choose
Opponent: ??? (do not accept random)
Stage: Final Destination
Special Restriction: *explain Reversed controls here*

Top Bottom