• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of gaming 12!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

BRING SETUPS

Saturday, september 22nd , 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut

If you need to contact myself or the venue use either of the following numbers:
Swift- 203.864.0227

GET 20% OF AN YOU SUBWAY PURCHAES(SUBWAY NEXT DOOR ONLY) WHEN YOU PAY VENUE FEE ALL DAY AND NIGHT
!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

The Hall of gaming is a reincarnation of Digital Mayhem and is co-ran by one of the long time smash community member DMmike who basically helped in the start of the esticle series. Hall of Gaming is in a new location in Wallingford, Connecticut (Pretty much near the middle of the state).

NOTES:
Seeing that I can predict attendance I will be pre seeding and everything before the event starts I will have pools partially made. I recommend showing up early if you can(most of you usually get there before me) for I will be filling in the pools the second I walk in.

If you in a pool with me, you will not be playing right away. My pool is always the delayed pool for this gives me time to RUN THE TOURNEY and all of that good stuff.(all also eat). As the other pools play and finish my pool will begin. The time between the start off all other pools and my pool should be your time to get food or whatever. The people who finish pools(that arent mine) will have to wait for my pool and between that time and bracket should be your lunch time.

Stage clarification added see below...

'Like' Hall of Gaming on Facebook for updates on all their tournaments!
https://www.facebook.com/HallofGaming

220 North Colony Street, Suite A
Wallingford, CT 06492

SCHEDULE:
11:00am - Venue opens
11:30am - Doubles sign ups
12:30pm - Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins, any last minute sign ups happen now.
1pm - Doubles starts
2pm - Singles sign ups begin
3:30pm - Singles sign ups end and pool seeding begins.
4pm - Pools begin
11pm - Venue closes​

• Breaks for lunch of course are apparent but depend on size of tourney.
• The schedule is to serve as a general guideline.

ENTRY FEES AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in love)
Venue fee - $5 per entrant
Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%
Prize Pool for Pro bracket - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%/4%
Prize Pool for Amateur bracket(if applicable) - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%

April fools 4 stocks pools!

POOLS:
They are to be standard and adjusted given the turnout. Tie breakers will be broken as follows:
1. Set Win-Loss ratio
2. Match Win-Loss ratio
3. Head to Head

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick Stages: Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List
: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
Counterpick Stages: Kongo Jungle 64

Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1
Stage bans are only one per player per set. You cannot change or add on to what you have already banned(best of 5s)

Ask about certain technicalities such as rising pound and wallbombing.

SETS:

Best of 3 except winners, losers, & grand finals which will be best of 5. This may be subject to change depending on numbers we pull. If there is a great turnout then sets for cash may be set to best of 5. Regardless of the latter I WILL pay out top 5 at every singles tourney.

If you came in a car with your buddies and want to ensure that you will not be seeded with them or play them let me know. especially if this will be your first time here.

BRING SETUPS!!!!

-Swift

Larz

Smash Cadet
Boomrested and I are hoping to make our debut as legitimate contenders at this event.
We've both been practicing a lot, and well, you'll see ;)

We should be there, assuming we are not struggling with our 3 AP classes...

S l o X

Smash Champion
Looking forward to this. I think HoG is the best series run on the EC. Good **** Tim!

I'm down to 1$ MM everyone here.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yeah you can help me run it if you want. Its rather easy.

big important post:

Hey guys. I am considering doing one of the HOG's as swiss. I've preached the idea a bit now new england and tristate area and I am getting some good indicators that perhaps its time for a trial run. I would've liked to try it this time. but I think its too late for you guys and plus unless everyone were to be okay with it then I would wait.

Here it goes.

1. We generally have around 30 entrants. Right off of the bat that means we would have to have roughly 13-15 setups.

2. Generally speaking people who do not make it out of pools get about 5-6 sets of competitive play in pools which is good. I mean 6 sets for 10 bucks not bad. but how about 7-9 sets for the same amount and a more fair shot at making bracket?

Keep up:

swiss is like a giant round robin. For a tourney of our size on average I would do about 8 rounds to start. that is already more rounds than with pools. The first round will be randomized. after the first round every proceeding round have you face someone with the same record and so on.

example:
So lets say that after 3 rounds you have some people who are 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-3. The players with the same record will get matched up with each other and it would continue as such until 8 rounds are over.

After the latter, the records will be matched up and the top 16 will be put in a double elim bracket as usual according to the seed that they got. The tourney will continue from there.

+++++PLUS+++++
*accuracy
*more sets per dollar
*less time generating pools
*less seeding politics
*more friendlies before and after
*more time for other events
*no need to be pool Nazis
*skill balances it self as you get further
*keeping track of results and time much easier

-----minus-----
*random 1st round may give you something lame like facing best friend(can always just re-randomize!!!)
*odd number of people getting bye
*NEED about 3-4 more setups
*if there aren't close to enough setups it could take more time.

The biggest issue is the lack of 3-4 extra setups. I have worked it so we can do it without a few but like we couldn't do it with like 8 setups if we have like 30 people we could get by with like 12-14 setups maybe even 11. We have to get at least close.

I would like to use this HOG to see how many setups we can possibly get in the venue. I would really appreciate if everyone who could bring a setup, plz do. I want to see how close I can get to 15 setups.The goal would be like 12-13 I could do it with that many. That means cubes with out TVs and TVS without cubes too. I have two cubes and 1 TV I can mix match with someone.

I will guarantee you all right now that if we can consistently get 13-14 setups a tourney with a turn out of like about 30(give or take a few) that I will provide the best local/regional tourney experience you will have. I run my tourneys tight already but I am always seeking to do more for you guys and give reason for people to drive hrs to get to my tourneys. I have even considered sweetening the pot as well, but that will come in time. For now I want to try to give you guys a fast, effective, and more worthwhile experience for your money. thanks.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Swiss sounds interesting, I'd encourage trying it.

Slox I need to take one of those salty MM's, but I don't think 1$ is gonna cut it. How about 5 biggins?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
ill bring my a game and my wii/hacked melee. if sum1 can bring a copy of regular melee to switch i dont mind. Swift we taking this?????

bolt.

Smash Ace
I can bring a cube and a couple of tvs. If Cam goes to this I should be able to bring a wii and another 2 tvs too.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
hell yes i love swiss.

ps if by some miracle i make it out to this, does someone wanna let me borrow their controller.

dont worry CT, even though I haven't played in 5 months and won't have my own controller I'm pretty sure ill be more than enough of a match for most of you (end obligatory ******* post)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea, i'm cleared to go.

who wants to give me a ride? the only downside is i have to be present for checkin back here at midnight.

ill throw some bills for gas monies of course

Edit: doubles anyone? :D

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
if I werent from the opposite direction and already had teammate I would. I will be coming from milford so sorry tope.

someone get this guy!

edit: and bring him back before curfew

S l o X

Smash Champion
@ Phish-It. I may or may not be down for that! I'll let you know @ the venue if I have dollars.

If I come with Joe we're bringing as many setups as possible and I believe Bolt is trying to bring setup(s) too. I hope everyone brings as many as they can. If you can't bring a TV, it never hurts to bring a cube or Wii.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea im down for dubz. but if you commit to me there cant be anyone else..... also you have to go

phish-it

Smash Champion
Actually, scrap that MM until another time. Sister got into an accident and the car I would be using is totaled. So...... I won't be making it to this.

Top Bottom