• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fort Worth Classic 2012 - VENUE IS NOT SECURE! More Information Inside

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Hello Game Fans, Sanji Himura here with the return of the Fort Worth Classic for 2012.

Information that YOU Need to Know:

Date: December 1, 2012
Place: Evolution Games
6212 McCart Ave
Fort Worth, TX, 76133

Hours of Operation: 12N - 8PM

Venue Note: Venue is NOT secure because Venue is closed on Tuesday. Will call at 1pm Central Time Wednesday to secure venue.

Venue Note 2: We are also sharing the venue with people who play Vanguard, a new TCG that has surfaced recently. Be respectful to others and they will be respectful to you! Vanguard will start at 4pm and will run till 8pm.

The Games and Fees

DISCLAIMER: THE FORT WORTH CLASSIC IS NOT A BANK! PLEASE BRING SMALL BILLS LIKE $5 AND $1s SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE CHANGE AND THIS TOURNAMENT GOES A LOT SMOOTHER! THANK YOU!

Venue Fee(You pay to Evo Games): $5

Orgainizational Fee(You pay to Me): $2 (This fee is waived if you bring a complete set up, no partials)

"Wasting my Time" Late Fee(to be added to the tournament pot of any tournament that you entered as Pot bonus): $3 per tournament in progress that I can squeeze you in. This fee is waived IF I KNOW AHEAD OF TIME THAT YOU ARE RUNNING LATE! I will reserve your place in the bracket if that is the case.

Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 ($10 a person)
Melee Ruleset testing Singles: $2

Payouts

Brawl Only

If less than 15 players(7 Teams):
1st= 60%
2nd= 25%
3rd*= 15%

* In doubles, Third is assured their entry back, regardless of the final pot amount.

If more than 16 players(8 Teams):

1st= 50%
2nd= 25%
3rd= 15%
4th*=10%

* In Doubles, Fourth is assured their entry back, regardless of the final pot amount.

Melee is WINNER TAKE ALL!

The Rules

The TO's Bill of Rights

The TO reserves the right to:

1. Punish coaching during matches, but not between games. Sometimes things get a little heated over the course of a set, but please don't go into a strategy session with your friends in the middle of your game. This is eSports, so think of this as a Boxing match, not as some casual session.

2. Disqualify you if you are excessively late for your set. Players will have five minutes before their loss of their first game, in which case, five more minutes will be allotted before they lose their set. FWC policy regarding DQs in free tournaments is three minutes before their first loss of game, and three more minutes after that before their loss of set.

3. Punish any intentional forfeiting, match fixing, pot splitting or any other forms of bracket manipulation.

4. Settle all disputes, whether it is determining port priority to ruleset disputes.

5. Save/record any matches if possible and reserves the exclusive right to upload them to the internet in either their raw state or with edited in commentary. (via YouTube or by other means)

The Player's Bill of Rights

The Player reserves the right to:

1. Having a hack free enviroment to play their sets in. This includes cosmetic hacks, stage or any other hacks that does not affect gameplay.

2. Having a set up that is free from any game altering effects. If such a set up was found, the player who brought said set up may face punishment from the TO.

3. Having a reasonable expectation that their name tag and equipment will remain untouched. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to prevent malfunctions or errors in your equipment and name tags, and preventing theft of your controller. Always bring a spare controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to see if you are using the correct settings BEFORE the first match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.

Fort Worth Classic Melee Ruleset 2.0 Test Version 1

Stocks = 4
Time Limit = 8 min.
Pause = OFF
Items = OFF

- Wobbling is Legal.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- NO Dave's Stupid Rule: A Player MAY counter pick the stage that he/she last won on.

- The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be only be used as recovery tactics.

- Controller mods of any kind that affect game play are not allowed and will result in disqualification.

- Turbo or programmed buttons are not allowed. You may use controllers that have these features, but if you are caught using the banned features, then you are not allowed to use the controller any longer.

- No Substitutions are allowed for singles and doubles.

- In an event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:

* Whoever has more stock left.
* Whoever has less percentage.
* In an event of both players dying at the same time, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock, three minute overtime battle will take place using the same characters and stage.

Rules for Doubles

Team attack= ON
Items= OFF
Pause= OFF
Life stealing is allowed.

- In the event of a game going to time, the winner is declared by:

* Which ever team has the more combined stock.
* If stocks are the same, then the team with the lowest combined percentage.
* In an event of sudden death not caused by time out, or if percentage is the same, a one stock, three minute overtime battle will take place on the same stage with the same characters.

Set Procedure

1. Priority is determined by coin flip if it can't be agreed on. The winner of the coin flip would have the option of first pick of the ports, or selecting the first stage of the set.
2. Ports are selected. Teams must use the 1-2-2-1 method for ports. The player/team with port priority will have first pick of the ports.
3. Each player/team selects their character.
4. The player/team that did not have port priority selects the first stage out of the legal stages.
5. The first game is played.
6. The winner of the previous game may announce one "Stage Ban" if they haven't done so in this set.
7. The loser of the previous game announces the stage for the next game. NOTE: Dave's Stupid Rule, or Modified Dave's Stupid Rule is not in effect! They are free to select the previous stage that they won on without objections from the opposing player/team.
8. The Player that won the previous match selects their character followed by the loser.
9. The next game is played.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 until a set winner is determined.

Stages

Singles
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Kongo Jungle 64

Fort Worth Classic Brawl Ruleset 3.0

Stocks = 3
Timer = 8 minutes
Items = OFF or None
Pause = OFF

- Metaknight is LEGAL in both Singles and Doubles.

- All Infinites and Chaingrabs are legal.

- There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

- The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- If the LGL does not declare one player/team the winner, go with what the game says in all situations, EXCEPT when presented with sudden death:
*If the match goes to time, the winner will be declared by whoever has less percent(stock difference still takes priority, but that can be displayed in the results screen.)
*If a match ends with both players dying at the same time, or with both players at equal percent, a one stock, three minute overtime battle will take place using the same characters and stage. A LGL of 15 will be imposed on all characters in the battle.

Modified Rules for Doubles

Team Attack = ON
Life Stealing = ON

- In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.

- In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

- Color Blind Rule: If a player selects Pokemon Trainer, Sonic or Lucardio, a player on either team may ask them to change color to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

- Double Metaknight is BANNED!

Set Procedure

1. Priority is determined by coin flip if it can't be agreed on. The winner of the coin flip would have the option of first pick of the ports.
2. The loser of the coin flip will then strike two stages from the starter list, followed by the winner who will strike three stages, then the loser will select the starting stage from one of the two remaining stages.(2-3-1)
3. Each player will then select their characters.
4. The first game of the set is played.
5. The player that won the previous game may announce one "stage ban" if they have not done so in the set.
6. The player that lost the previous game must announce the next stage for the next game from either the starter or the counterpick lists. Any stage named a ban by any side may not be selected by either player. NOTE: Dave's Stupid Rule, or Modified Dave's Stupid Rule is NOT in effect. A player is free to select the stage that he/she previously won on without reprisal from the other player, or the TO.
7. The team that won the previous game must select their character, followed by the loser.
8. The next game is played.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 as necessary.

Stage Lists

Starters

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)

Counter-Pick

Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon

Contact Information

Due to a lack of a working phone, I will not be so readily handing out my parent's new cell phone number. However, you may "Like" The Fort Worth Classic on Facebook and check for updates from there, and The Core.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Reserve your place in the bracket today! How? Simple. Just reply to this thread with the following information:

Gamertag
Zip code
Tournaments that you are entering.(If entering doubles, please give out your partner's name and team name)
If you are planning to bring a set up.

Update History

8/28/2012 @11:15pm- Added information about the Vanguard tournament running on the same day.
9/13/2012 @ 3:24pm- Due to a scheduling conflict with a tournament in San Antonio, I moved the date to December 1, 2012. This is the first and ONLY time that I will change the date.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Reserve your place in the bracket today! How? Simple. Just reply to this thread with the following information:

Gamertag
Zip code
Tournaments that you are entering.(If entering doubles, please give out your partner's name and team name)
If you are planning to bring a set up.
Fino
Brawl singles / doubles (idk teammate yet)
no set-up

Why is doubles only $5 per person? When you do the payout, it essentially pays 1/4 the amount that singles gets paid :urg:

Denti

Smash Master
I hate to be a downer... but this is going to be on the same date as a big fighting game tournament in San Antonio and it included Brawl and Melee. Fuuuuu!!!!

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I'm mad that the above has happened to me, but I would have had to move the tournament date anyways. I just bought a $600 mattress for my room to support my three hundred pound butt, so I would need to pay on that for a while. I will have it by the end of the year though.

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Why are all these tournaments occuring on a weekday? You guys don't have work or something???

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
It is supposed to read Saturday, December 1, 2012, not January 12, 2012, which is a Thursday.
Oh my god I think I'm going crazy, I've been having reading troubles for like the last few days...ok, I'll probably be there.

Top Bottom