• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Capcom characters would you like to see in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Namco-Bandai is codeveloping the game; also Namco-Bandai have good relationships with Capcom, just remember Project X Zone with Namco-Bandai, Capcom and Sega characters. Its just a possibility but... which Capcom characters would you like to see in the game? I would like to see Ryu, Chun Li, Dante, Leon, Nemesis and Megaman.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Megaman only.
No Street Fighter or anything like that in Smash.
There's nothing wrong with Street Fighter characters for a couple of reasons, including the fact that A: They have a good history with Nintendo as far as games and appearances go, and B: They're from a fighting game series, so they can work in that regards. Also, the fact that Sakurai was looking at Street Fighter IV as a sort of guideline to goodness knows what could potentially increase the odds of seeing Ryu in Smash Bros. 4. Street Fighter has quite the things going for it, including a release of Street Fighter IV on the 3DS, so it's possible to see the franchise get a rep. Yes, Megaman has made more appearances on Nintendo consoles, but the likes of Ryu have also not only appeared as well, but is also one of Capcom's most relevant and most recognizable figures.

Megaman definitely has a high chance of making an appearance, but so does a Street Fighter character. I mean, I can come up with a moveset for Ryu based on what he has in the SF series alone, so his movesets also work as well.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Megaman obviously hasthe best chances of possibility representing Capcom. The amount of requests alone is a indication he is the most wanted Capcom character.

After Megaman, I'd put Street Fighter as a likely rep. While Ryu has the most likely chance at appearing, Chun-li, M. Bison, and Akuma also have likely chances as well. The producer of SF, Yoshinori Ono, has states he'd like to see Megaman and M. Bison appear in Smash 4.

The third most likely candidate is a toss up between Amaterasu and Veiwtiful Joe. Both were originally on a Nintendo system, popular, and decent fanbases overall.

I'd say the last possible Capcom candidate would be a Resident Evil character. I'd prefer Wesker overall but Chris and Jill are viable candidates.

Overall, though, Megaman would deftly be the Capcom rep hands down.

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Namco-Bandai is codeveloping the game; also Namco-Bandai have good relationships with Capcom, just remember Project X Zone with Namco-Bandai, Capcom and Sega characters. Its just a possibility but... which Capcom characters would you like to see in the game? I would like to see Ryu, Chun Li, Dante, Leon, Nemesis and Megaman.
You should also mention the fact that Sakurai said he wanted a Capcom character or two before he began SSB4 development.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This may sound crazy to some people, but I would want Ryu in smash 4 over Mega Man. Though I would rather have M. Bison over Ryu. Mostly for his move set, adding in a villian to the roster and having potentional in playing a big part for SSE.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This may sound crazy to some people, but I would want Ryu in smash 4 over Mega Man. Though I would rather have M. Bison over Ryu. Mostly for his move set, adding in a villian to the roster and having potentional in playing a big part for SSE.
I don't think it's crazy, honestly, as Ryu and Megaman have contributed a very good amount to Nintendo, so either character is viable, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted character is Mega Man, especially from Capcom. Strider Hiryu would be interesting as well, but he has no shot unfortunately.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only one I want is Megaman.

I wouldn't be against Viewtiful Joe or Amaterasu either, but they have pretty much no chance, plus they're no Megaman. :awesome:

Don't want any Street Fighter characters or anything, but would still prefer them over a Tekken or SC character, though I doubt there's much chance that a SF character would become playable anyway.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with Street Fighter characters for a couple of reasons, including the fact that A: They have a good history with Nintendo as far as games and appearances go, and B: They're from a fighting game series, so they can work in that regards. Also, the fact that Sakurai was looking at Street Fighter IV as a sort of guideline to goodness knows what could potentially increase the odds of seeing Ryu in Smash Bros. 4. Street Fighter has quite the things going for it, including a release of Street Fighter IV on the 3DS, so it's possible to see the franchise get a rep. Yes, Megaman has made more appearances on Nintendo consoles, but the likes of Ryu have also not only appeared as well, but is also one of Capcom's most relevant and most recognizable figures.

Megaman definitely has a high chance of making an appearance, but so does a Street Fighter character. I mean, I can come up with a moveset for Ryu based on what he has in the SF series alone, so his movesets also work as well.

Of course there's nothing wrong with Street Fighter characters. SSB4 probably will include Tekken and SoulCalibur characters because thay are fighting games. Street Fighter as a fighting franchise would fit in an excellent way. I mentioned Ryu and Chun Li, but I absolutely would love to see M. Bison, Sagat, Akuma, Ken, Blanka and Guile (Well, in fact I would love to see Nintendo X Capcom O.O but that is impossible haha).
To defend my theory... Ryu's moveset by me:

RYU (Street Fighter)

-B neutral - Hadouken
-B up - Shoryuken
-B side - Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
-B down - Denjin Hadouken (Like Samus' B neutral)

-Smash Final - Metsu Hadouken (Like Samus' Smash Final)
-Smash Final 2 - Ryu turns into Evil Ryu with the power of Satsui No Hadou (like Sonic turning into Super Sonic) capable to throw Shakunetsu Hadoukens

-Smash Attacks - Focus Attacks

-Stage - Japan - Ryu's stage in Street Fighter II, using the roofs as ramps

-Item - Vega's claws

-Assist Trophie - Chun Li performing Hyakuretsu Kyakus

-Music - Themes from Ryu's stage in Street Fighter II, Ken's stage in Street Fighter II and Guile's stage in Street Fighter II

-Victory Pose in the results screen - "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

D

Deleted member

Even though he's VERY unlikely, I'd rather have Mike Haggar instead of Mega Man.
Sorry, I just don't care much for Mega Man...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, Namco has gone out to say they are doubtful in including Tekken or SoulCaliber. I imagine the only traces of "Tekken" we will see in Smash 4 is Namcos ability to craft a very good fighting game.

Additionally, I'm, and many others, actively believe in a 1 character per company. Meaning that the more popular character (I.e. Sonic = Sega, Snake = Konami), will get it over others. With that in mind, Pc Man = Namco and Megaman = Capcom.

I highly doubt Tekken, SoulCaliber, or Street Fighter will make an appearance.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Megaman is my most wanted Capcom character. My second most wanted, assuming Megaman gets in, would be Strider Hiryu, but he has basically no chance of getting in unless this turns out to be Nintendo vs. Capcom.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Amaterasu
Megaman
Chun-li
Viewtiful Joe

Great, great characters right there!

D

Deleted member

The lack of Haggar support saddens me. :(
No one wants piledrivers or steel pipes to the face it seems...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Megaman is my most wanted Capcom character. My second most wanted, assuming Megaman gets in, would be Strider Hiryu, but he has basically no chance of getting in unless this turns out to be Nintendo vs. Capcom.
I might as well agree with you since we are thinking the same thing. Mega Man is good enough for me.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
The lack of Haggar support saddens me. :(
No one wants piledrivers or steel pipes to the face it seems...
Haggar's chill, but sadly I don't think Smash is the right format for him :/ But when you think about it, Smash needs more grapplers...

D

Deleted member

I want this guy, it's his destiny
Won't lie, I would actually be fine with this situation in Smash because this would make as a great joke. If nothing else, it would be good laughing at all the butthurt rage over this.
Looks like we're on the same page here.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
@Strider Hiryu fans:

I threw together a quick moveset for him. It's missing a lot of stuff(like pummels, grabs, and damage/knockback data for every move), but I figured it was worth posting.

[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]Strider Hiryu
Entrance: Rides in on his Robopanther(not sure if that's the official name or not)

Specials:

Neurtal: Formation B/Formation B Fire
Stocks one floating Dipodal Saucer which floats by Hiryu. Pressing B after stocking one robot will cause the robot to shoot forward as a flaming projectile.

Side: Excalibur
Hiryu stops for a moment, then rushes forward with his blade, doing multiple hits. Can be angled slightly upward or downward.

Up: Excalibur(upward)
Same as side B, but upward, and can be angled left or right.

Down B: Vajra
Just like in MvC. Works just like MK's down B, but auto attacks.

Normals:

Neutral A: His jab from the MvC games.

F-tilt: A simple slash, like he does in the first Strider and like his standing MP in MvC.

U-Tilt: A upward slash of his sword. Like his standing HP from MvC.

D-Tilt: A short horizontal slash of his sword along the ground. Like his crouching MK from MvC.

F-Smash: Gram.
Hiryu performs a horizontal slash. The length of the blade increases the longer the attack is charged.

U-Smash: His launcher from the MvC games. High Knockback.

D-Smash: A sweeping slash of his sword that goes from his front to his back. Like his crouching HK from MvC.

Dash Attack: Ame no Murakumo
Just like the attack from MvC, except Hiryu is already running. Hiryu sashes downward while running. High start up lag.

Aerials:

N-Air: A simple aerial slash, just like in his 1st game and like his Aerial MP in MvC

F-Air: Downward slash, like his Aerial HP in MvC.

U-Air: Sweeping upward slash, like Marth's U-Air

B-Air: Spins around and does a quick slash backwards.

D-Air: Like his Aerial HK in MvC. Spike.

Fianl Smash: Ouroboros

Just like his super in MvC, Strider summons two Dipodal Saucers which circle around him. The robots shoot out projectiles as he attacks.[/COLLAPSE]If someone wants to “finish”/polish this moveset, I'd be more than happy to let them.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man, with an alternate costume representing Bad Box Art Mega Man. Also, Ryu and M. Bison. And, er...Proto Man and Zero. And maybe..um...er....IDK.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I'm trying to understand Mega-Man a bit more, and I'd like to know what makes him so likely? I keep hearing everyone saying he's oh so likely, but I don't see why.

D

Deleted member

So, I'm trying to understand Mega-Man a bit more, and I'd like to know what makes him so likely? I keep hearing everyone saying he's oh so likely, but I don't see why.
1. Fan support. This is the biggest thing, as it is what got Sonic in Smash. Mega Man has to be the most requested 3rd Party at this point in time.

(However, I don't think that means anything as he has yet to reach Sonic levels in fan demand.)

2. Unlike someone like Geno, he's actually a major character in a major series.

3. Capcom is more than willing to let it happen. This is actually a point against other 3rd Parties instead of for Mega Man, as other companies have not showed interest either in Brawl nor currently for Smash 4 save for a select few, like Level-5 for Layton and whatever company Suda51 works for Travis Touchdown. However, only Capcom has made it very clear other than a simple "Oh, I'd love to see them in Smash" that they support the idea.

(However, they are waiting for Sakurai to contact them; another point against him. Only if one is willing to go to Sakurai about it like Kojima did for Snake will they actually have a chance.)

4. He has the history to make him fit. He's even appeared in foreign Nintendo comics as if he was one of their characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, to begin with, he is overall one of the most requested characters in general and the most requested 3rd party character. This much is undebatable. However, unlike many other characters, he has a large amount of popularity with pretty much every demographic, other than the Nintendo purists, which is quite important to Sakurai. He is requested by hardcore Smashers and casual Smashers, by younger gamers who've played his more recent (but not that recent -- dammit Capcom) games and older or retro gamers who remember his 8/16 bit days. He's requested heavily by the people here on Smashboards to the people on GameFAQs, the ones on IGN and even the fools on Youtube. Even random occasional casual Smashers who don't have accounts on anything and aren't familiar with half the roster usually want Megaman.

He also has high worldwide popularity, as opposed to characters like Ridley, Little Mac, and Isaac, and in fact in Japan he is overwhelmingly requested (moreso even than in the west, on average) and he is the most requested new character for Smash 4 there (not counting Mewtwo and Roy -- they're not new), as well as being one of the top three here.

Secondly, and this is far from a guarantee, but Sakurai did say that a Capcom character could be a possibility. There is no doubt that Sakurai is aware of Megaman's immense popularity, and if he chooses to persue new 3rd parties (which IMO is probable, considering he recently spoke positively of them, as well as them generating massive hype and helping with the sales), then it would be sensible that he would try to start at the top. Even with Inafune leaving Capcom, they seem more than willing to allow Megaman be included in Smash 4, with both Capcom USA (for whatever that's worth) and Ono vouching for his possible inclusion.

Assuming Sakurai would try for the most popular 3rd party, it seems like very few other obstacles stand in the way of Megaman, as Capcom seems very open to him in Smash. While granted, he doesn't have the same amount of popularity Sonic did, he is still far and away the most requested character overall (counting all demographics and all regions), and logically if Sakurai was still for 3rd parties it would be likely he would make whatever legal efforts necessary to obtain the newcomer that would bring the most attention and acclaim to the game.

Now I'm not saying that other 3rd parties aren't going to happen because of Megaman (I'm not even saying Megaman is a lock -- he's definitely not, even with his good chances), just that even with Namco working on Smash, I believe Megaman will get top priority in 3rd party inclusion. Mixed with the fact that Namco firstly doesn't seem to be pushing Sakurai for character content, rather letting him decide, and secondly, so far not giving a clear character choice (no one has even mentioned Pac-Man yet, though Tekken and Tales have been mentioned). So far Sakurai has made no comment towards a Namco character, so the chances of one are still relatively up in the air, and it would come down to his decision. And even then, it's no guarantee he would pick someone like Pac-Man (though that would be the best choice). So while a Namco character still has a decent shot (as Sakurai might want to "thank" Namco by including a character) and it very well might be Pac-Man (that's who I'd pick for a Namco rep), I still believe that the much more requested Megaman has the better chance.

Phew, sorry the response took a little while asage. :embarrass:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
tl;dr version of ChaosKid's and Golden's walls of truth up there- Mega Man's wanted, he's iconic and Sakurai is open to the idea of him being in Smash, but even though he's the clear choice as far as third parties go, he's going to need a little more of a push if he wants to have any serious chances of actually getting in the game because that's what it took for Sonic to get into Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom