• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGroundsLI Melee Tournament!

ultravi0l3nce

Smash Cadet
Welcome to our fourth SSBM tournament! Same rules. New day. Sunday!

I just wanna say~ This just get's better and better every time. Let's see if we can get more than twenty entrants this time! Also, I'm sorry for getting names wrong on the brackets. I blame the music and chaos.

Friendlies OK for entrants starting at 3PM and will run until the tournament ends. We usually have a surplus of TVs and cubes.

Registering is possible through our website, but is not mandatory. Just fill out the Captain's Full Name, Email, and Phone boxes, check in the Super Smash box, rage at the captcha, and submit!

Prices;
Venue $10
Singles $10
-------------
Doubles $10/team (If we have enough teams and/or time)
-------------

Rules;
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes.
Standard DSR.

Starters/Neutrals;
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick;
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans;
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Sunday weird choice again, but this might work better for me then sat so i am ok with this.

Also lets have a pm tourney at this one

:phone:

Dulren

Smash Cadet
Sunday beats Friday!

These are awesome regardless. See you all there:)

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed the last one but I work on Sundays so I'll have to pass.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
You could possibly have a greater turnout if you did both Brawl and Melee! I know a solid amount of players in the Mastic Beach area that would add to the attendance if both games were being played. Just a suggestion, always looking to help LI locals out!!

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
We used to do both but on 2 different days if i remember correct. Maybe we could do it on a Saturday and make it an all day smash event. 12-10pm SSBM and brawl.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
We used to do both but on 2 different days if i remember correct. Maybe we could do it on a Saturday and make it an all day smash event. 12-10pm SSBM and brawl.
I think that would be an awesome idea! I remember hearing about the days when Battlegrounds use to hold these awesome events! I would love to see it again! If you need help with anything, I'm a known local Tournament Organizer for Brawl. I'll get the word out for ya!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
I could def have a set up for a P:M side event as well! Along with 3 set ups for Brawl and a cube for Melee as well!

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Would be willing to bring 2 full setups and 4 people, but need to know the cutoff for melee singles signups. Time related issues with work may conflict with our attendance and I need a definite time melee singles signups end. Would not appreciate commuting a little over an hour with two full setups to miss signups by 5 min. <3

ultravi0l3nce

Smash Cadet
Would be willing to bring 2 full setups and 4 people, but need to know the cutoff for melee singles signups. Time related issues with work may conflict with our attendance and I need a definite time melee singles signups end. Would not appreciate commuting a little over an hour with two full setups to miss signups by 5 min. <3
Singles are going to start at 4PM, but if you guys are on the way and are keeping in touch with me to let me know ETA, I won't start without you. You guys most likely aren't going to be the only ones running a little late, and we have a very nice crowd, so I'm sure they won't mind waiting.

Vark

Smash Rookie
Singles are going to start at 4PM, but if you guys are on the way and are keeping in touch with me to let me know ETA, I won't start without you. You guys most likely aren't going to be the only ones running a little late, and we have a very nice crowd, so I'm sure they won't mind waiting.

Waiting = MORE FRienDLYS. i don't see a loss if there early or late. unless its like an hour or so prior to starting.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
The LIE can be unpredictable around that time, even the Southern State. We'll probably go Southern State though. Looking forward to the tournament = ) And yea I would keep you posted either on here because my buddy has a smart phone or by text. Still figuring out our crew that's going(forgot how small my 4 door sedan gets with two TV's in it).

Might be able to bring a truck though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok so can i get a guarantee for pm singles. Last time melee ran till close to closing time and i just want to make sure the pm singles tourney will get played.

Vark

Smash Rookie
Ok so can i get a guarantee for pm singles. Last time melee ran till close to closing time and i just want to make sure the pm singles tourney will get played.

I wouldn't expect A P:M single tourny. maybe as a thing on the side. But if enough people have modded wii's. I for one would enter for that.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to this. I *may* have a ride if my friend can go. He's the yoshi player from last time, part of the wildly (un)successful doubles team "That Team With The Yoshi In It" that I was also part of.
@Vark : Mad salt. You eliminated me in singles AND beat me in doubles lol. I'm comin' for ya! Jk but I am looking forward to playing you again.

JKJ

Smash Ace
So, it's official. I'm going to this. SO HYPED
Every one of these tournaments I have gotten so much better. I can't wait for this one!

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Just a reminder, bringing two competitors, and two setups. Will be there as close to 4pm as possible! I've given my number to some peoples to give them updates on the arrival.

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
bringing 3 people plus me.

EDIT: Might want to put an address down on the OP.

BattleGrounds
199 Mastic Beach Rd
Mastic Beach, NY 11951

Top Bottom