• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.X.Y. Search for Eden - feat. The Crimson Blur

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m4EfmTIQak&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL-ocIWuDNMMK2Twf2TqR58Q

For the love of all that is good, read the directions and the map (Looking at you Irvine)! Hiya, DendyPretendy and Sung here choosing a date without a tournament to have a tournament on. At the moment, I am not sure if snacks will be returning. There WILL be melee in a cool venue. There WILL be TheCrimsonBlur bringing his laptop so we can use it for Tio tournament organizer. There WILL be more people coming to Occidental Friday weekly smashfests http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313020.

PLEASE BRING TVS AND SETUPS!!!

DIRECTIONS
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
September 8th (It's a Saturday)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/r2t43.jpg/
^That's where you should park and make sure to call me after you park so I can come out and guide you in! Please follow the directions EXACTLY!!! (That means going INTO the entrance of the college and going right then following the path until you can't go straight anymore then turn right and you should be at the parking spot)
The building is called Bell Young Hall, the same exact venue as last time.

EVENTS AND FEES:

Venue Fee - $0
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5 (for each person)

Yes the venue is free, but please please try to bring setups+TVs, we have a guaranteed 3 full setups at the start

VENUE:
Speaking of venue, it’s a pretty big room and well ventilated, never in all of the smash I’ve played there have I ever been too hot or too cold it was always just right, Goldilocks status. Water fountain and restroom located within 10 steps of the pictures below. There should be enough chairs/couches (not all depicted in pics) for around 16 people, so if you have smallish chairs please bring :) I for one will be sitting on the floor mostly.

[COLLAPSE="Venue pictures"]Main

Left

Right
[/COLLAPSE]
EVENT SCHEDULE:
12:00 PM – Doors open
2:00 PM SHARP – Melee doubles
After doubles - Melee singles (could have pools if there are enough people)

PAYOUTS:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

VENUE RULES:
1. Cussing is fine and dandy, or should I say… Dendy!
2. Don’t be dumb

MELEE RULES (influenced by NWM):

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 in pools
* All sets are best of 5 matches in bracket
* Modified Advanced Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick any stage he or she previously won on with the exception of the stage you initially struck to.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Wobbling is legal
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned
* Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree

- Neutral Stages -
* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
* Pokemon Stadium (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Pokemon Stadium (Singles)
* Kongo Jungle

- Set Order -
* Blind Picks character selection.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
* The first match is played.
* Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
* The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
* The winning player of preceding match picks character.
* The losing player picks character.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

SUNG
Cell: 469-235-6458 call or text (DO NOT USE THIS PHONE ANYMORE, I HAVE A NEW NUMBER)
214-315-3843 call or text!
AIM: SUNG475 (I'm usually on)

DendyPretendy
Cell: 612-720-7517

-Hopefully we'll have people recording sets
-Please bring setups/TVs and yourselves!!! Yea post here if you're coming and give me some sort of contact from you :D Let's GO!! Thank you copy and paste.

WHA?

Smash Ace
interested in this
is 818 goin? maybe SB since they gotta take the 101????
i got gass money
im in canoga park 91306

also, anyone want/need a working gamecube for $25???

WHA?

Smash Ace
used gamecube only costs 20 bucks now y'know

unless you're including melee too
o snap where, ive been lookin and ive found $25 and up (both online and off)
and dont get me started on the melee

yea im just saying cause a buddy is sellin it, im sure hed let it go for $20

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Maybe we can do a PM tournament if people bring their stuff/have enough interest
It's going to be a long event so it's possible

Also, don't break the venue machine, let the professionals handle it

This is gunna be sick so yall should come don't be fooled by the 25 replies, we're gunna have some random people come who never post on smashboards

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Learned very important lesson about not smoking that I should have learned ages ago

ggs guys!

also, project m sucks

falco dittos all day everyday

and sung I'll team with u again but I can't believe u chose to play that last match of a free tournament over teaming with me again after winning doubles -.-'

edit: ALSO IF ANYONE HAS A CONTROLLER, I WILL BUY IT OFF YOU, BUT I NEED TO CHECK QUALITY MY SELF FIRST

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Stabs gay

:phone:

:phone:
Okay WIENERS

rest of shoutouts

merc - you are the coolest dude, we were actually talking about how cool you are while driving to denny's ROFL
a rookie - you do some very good stuff with mario. Unfortunately mario is a bad char but you have the power to make it work
Vincent - I'm gonna miss you buddy! You were starting to get a lot better. Hope you had fun in socal, and GL in washington. Sorry about the Corneria match hahaha
Westballzzzzzzzz - Very funny set, you rarely let people get free stuff on you and your tech skill is consistent as ****
sung - u already got a shoutout lol, but I will say double falco is too dope to drop
jake - your falcon looks better every time i see it man, you're also much better vs falcon now! free drinks were good too
Paul - good **** man, you had some big wins and close sets uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
anto - Nice job with that comeback, and good job vs THE BLUR lol, you always end up playing floaties aeiou aeiou aeiou aeiou
dendy - sorry again for telling you to shut the **** up during lf, it was already pretty hard to concentrate haha
crimson - the regional will be good, I think my problem atm is my laptop is not good hardware, so if we could use someone else's computer that would be GOOD
nardis - ggs, u r getting better
Boscoman - You've got a really good tag hahaha
2jar - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91241
Tipz - hope you keep going to tournies man, you **** hahaha
brandon - melee is the only game for me, no way around that man
merced dude - sorry i forgot ur name, but ggs homie
griphon - ggs to you as well, try playing some melee, promise u wont be dissapointed haha

Top Bottom