• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Until we get a trailer and the reveal of several new or returning characters, everything at this point is speculation and educated guessing. Despite that though, we obviously all have characters we look forward to playing as IF they get into Smash 4.

Bearing that in mind, which character, new or old, are you interested playing in or even maining as? What do you hope the character will be like, play as, perform, etc? Basically, why do you want to main this character. If you plan to main a veteran, what changes do you wish to be implemented to better your own performances or personal bias?

I first started out with Mario, than Marth, and finally Zelda. However, if Saki is chosen to be playable - I would like to main him. He seems to that the acrobatic, quick fighting style that focuses on controlling distances through up close saber attacks or far ranged projectiles attacks which are augmented by his impressive acrobatic skills and quick dashing speed. If Saki is to make it into Smash 4, I plan to pick him up first.

Discuss!!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If Saki is made playable, I would try him out. Actually, if you look at my sig(which I don't think you'll actually be able to see), the first 5 characters are characters that I'd actually be interested in playing as. Outdated, not sure who I originally meant.

Of course, assuming Toon Link sticks around I'd probably still main him.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I will always main Link.
I'm going to enjoy trying all the new characters, but I think Isaac and/or Shulk would be the newcomers I would want to main.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I would probably main one of the Pokemon. Scizor preferably but wouldn't mind maining Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, or Pikachu. Even Zoroark would be cool.

Veggi

Smash Champion
For new characters I would like to main Tom Nook or Balloon Fighter if they were in. I'm hoping Tom Nook would be a zoning character who could make use of being able to create his own stage obstacles. He would be a keep-away character with very interesting tools. Balloon Fighter just makes me happy. I don't even know what his play style would be like besides having high aerial mobility and emphasis on balloon management. Maybe he could create sparks and set up flippers to control air space. That would be cool.

I'd like for Donkey Kong and Mario to have movesets that are more closely related to their games, I'd like Peach to have more emphasis on her parasol, and I'd like Dedede's minions to do damage as they walk, his down b to be at full charge as soon as he activates it, his down smash to slide forward when used, and maybe some other things from Return to Dreamland.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Given that Olimar will have access to the new Pikmin from Pikmin 3, he'll likely still be my number one. If Nook happens to make it in, I can see him being second.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Saki is to make it into Smash 4, I plan to pick him up first.

Discuss!!
You're a good man, but mostly I just wanted to call you Bloomers.

Pretty sure I'll be maining Ridley no matter what. No matter how good he plays or how ugly his design is, I just want to play as Ridley. If Yoshi remains as fun as he was in Brawl, I'll use him again too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems a bit early for this... but it's a bit early for alot of these topics. :laugh:

If he gets in, my plan is to main Isaac. I haven't ever decided upon my main before the game came out, usually I like to play as all the characters first, but I'm determined to main Isaac. (or if not main main, than like secondary character).

Whoever my main ends up being, it'll probably be a newcomer, as it was for Melee and Brawl. I just gravitate towards playing as them more. Though after a few years with each game when playing non-competitively I wind up playing as most of the characters about equally.

Jet300

Smash Ace
I will main Fox obviously. Mega man and Krystal will be my secondaries for SSB4. Why Krystal: Because she's a cool star fox character and I like her.
Why mega: I've been playing Mega man since I was 6 years old. I always loved mega and wish seeing him in smash bros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Olimar if new Pikmin are added, probably, along with Muddy Mole if he's added (digging mechanic!:D), and Little Mac for a more rushdown playstyle.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I might just go back to Captain Falcon as my main, if they fix him in Sm4sh. If not, I might stick with either Fox, Wolf or Bowser.

As for any potential newcomers, the only ones I'd be interested in maining are K. Rool or Ridley (might have to flip a coin on that decision).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably who's ever playstyle, from a series I enjoy, I like the most. But from the newcomers IF they got in I'd definitely lean towards Little Mac, Saki, Palutena, and maybe Mewtwo again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
[COLLAPSE="Who I'd main, from least to greatest via newcomers"]#3: Quote from Cave Story

#2: Typhlosion (Even if he's with a Trainer)

#1: Victini
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Who I'd main, from least to greatest via vetrans"]
#3: Wolf

#2: Young Link

#1: Lucario

[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

I'd main Wario again, no matter how they change him or not change him.
If Doc returns, I'm maining him as well.
If Shadow gets in, I will main him as well.

But of Newcomers that seem like no brainers, I'd really love to try Ridley out.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Historically:

SSB: Ness
SSBM: Ice Climbers
SSBB: Sonic (dropped Rob)

SSB4: Considering I find him REALLY likely, I'm going with Little Mac as a newcomer... or Pokemon Trainer / Samus if he's nt

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If Lyn from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword gets in SSB4, I will definitely try to main her first; I can really see her being the most agile sword user in the game, and a very unpredictable fighter.

For third party characters: If Sora from Kingdom Hearts gets in the game (highly unlikely), I will definitely try him too; I can see him having really good air game. Cless Alvein from Tales of Phantasia would be interesting as well; he would probably have good ground game--although, his appearance is probably unlikely as well.

That being said, however, in the end I do not really know whom I will end up maining. In Melee, I thought I would end up maining Ness like I did in Smash 64, but ended up maining Marth. And in Brawl, I thought Sonic, Pit, Marth, or Meta Knight would be my main, but in the end I chose Zelda. For me, whichever character I main will probably depend mostly on SSB4's mechanics; I hope the game will not be as "floaty" and slow-paced as Brawl.

splat

Smash Lord
I'm no pro - far from it, to be honest - so I usually don't play with a "main".
Instead, if there's a character I really like, I'll play with it.

For Brawl, I rooted for Falco to return and Diddy to join. I ended up playing those two the most.

For SM4SH, I'm hoping for the two above to return, and for Little Mac and Bowser Jr. to join. Either way, it'll be among those four who I'll play most.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Veterans: Ness, Zelda, Roy, and Mewtwo. I want Ness to use PK Rockin' in his moveset and I want his grab release issue gone. As for Zelda, I hope her air game relys less on sweetspots and her smash attacks aren't escapable. All of her specials need to be faster and have less lag. If Roy and Mewtwo return I want Roy to have a new moveset (he can keep his neutral B though.) and I want Mewtwo buffed. Imo, Mewtwo's d-tilt and up throw are his only moves that don't need buffing, but all of his other moves should either be replaced or buffed.

Newcomers: Pac-Man (it would be awesome to play as this guy. if he makes it in, I will main him regardless of how he plays.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I'd try to main these:

- Toad
- Saki
- Palutena
- Dixie

And of course Lip and Starfy if they can make it. The four above I'm certain I'm going to see though so I put some emphasis on them.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
If she gets in this game, I will probably main Dixie Kong. She is my most wanted newcomer, and I think she could have an interesting playstyle with her hair. Heck, even in the off-chance that she winds up being a semi-clone of Diddy, I probably would still main her; Diddy is in my top 3 Brawl mains.

My previous mains:
SSB: Yoshi and Luigi
Melee: Roy and Mewtwo
Brawl: Pit, Diddy Kong, and King Dedede

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom